Would you like to play a game?

DeletedUser

Thats a fair point MK, should the independants be included in the stats or not... hmmmm

Maybe the best way to do this is to include absolutely everyone C² is at war with atm, just stack up the entire world v C², cos at the end of the day ur at war with pretty much everyone lol

This is probably the fairest way to do it cos at the end of the day your survivial depends on how u perfornm against all of them anyway...

DeletedUser

So you're claiming it's a standstill based on the shortest standard time period available to you? Isn't that...you know...insanely premature? I just ran the same data as you did, and now C² is 17-14 ahead. We turned a loss into a win within half a day...wow, that must mean our enemies are doomed! :icon_wink:

Also, you included ltdavis as an "independent", but excluded both dopeas and Pedro Clara? Could you explain why you did this, aside from that it makes things look far better for your side? I think all three should be included (which would raise the stats to 26-14 in our favor), though I suppose a case can be made for excluding all three (which would still raise the stats, but only to 17-12)...I'd love to see you make the case for including only the people whose stats you like though :icon_wink:

Either way, you picked the worst possible period for us, and hand-picked the sides so that the stats would look as bad as possible for us...and we are still ahead by 1? I'd say that's pretty encouraging :icon_biggrin:

Include all three "independents" (dopeas, ltdavis, Pedro) and that number goes to 26-14. Exclude all three "independents", and it's 17-12.

I just ran the exact same data againd and now C² is 17-14 ahead...does that mean we made huge changes in just a few hours and are now clearly winning again?

Actually, the shortest time period could be a second in manual :p Also, i only included itdavis, because hes the only one fighting you.

MichielK

Thats a fair point MK, should the independants be included in the stats or not... hmmmm

Maybe the best way to do this is to include absolutely everyone C² is at war with atm, just stack up the entire world v C², cos at the end of the day ur at war with pretty much everyone lol

This is probably the fairest way to do it cos at the end of the day your survivial depends on how u perfornm against all of them anyway...

Since we perform well overall against the "independents", obviously we'd like to see them included and Plight doesn't. While I may personally have a preference for including the lot of them, I understand that people disagree with that on the other side of the border, and neither side will ever convince the other that they are "right", so I'm trying to avoid even having that discussion. What I do ask for is that stats are either posted with all of them or none of them...this picking and choosing of individual players is pretty silly, and doesn't add any valid information.

DeletedUser

Actually, the shortest time period could be a second in manual :p Also, i only included itdavis, because hes the only one fighting you.

As adam said, dopeas is attacking and coordinating with Plight to help re-take villages, while re-taking some himself.

gn0me

I'm one of the people who killed Ad Inf :lol:.

I hope you are not referring to that wave of nukes and no fakes sent at me from u6s5l's account?
The one where I killed 75% of them?

Or had you already left that account then and that was the new owner?
I'm guessing you are laying claim to one of the more later attacks where u6s5l wasn't even involved.

Anyway... I was gonna ask you about starting Orc up again but I guess you won't be interested in that if you are playing in c2 now. Given that either myrka or the other inactive player must have dukedom now I guess the ball is totally out of your court anyhow...

oh and just to stay on topic, good on Plight for Declaring on c2!!! Its the only chance w16 has of escaping their clutches! w12 is closing down in a month if tribal dominance doesn't shift in the meantime, how much will c2 need to overtake before we can look forward to a specified date of the end of w16? Not that I'm taking sides, I just welcome the idea of this game finishing as I don't have the heart to hit delete... if they don't overcome the required % dominance it will potentially be years before another tribe can do the same!

DeletedUser

I hope you are not referring to that wave of nukes and no fakes sent at me from u6s5l's account?
The one where I killed 75% of them?

Or had you already left that account then and that was the new owner?
I'm guessing you are laying claim to one of the more later attacks where u6s5l wasn't even involved.

Nope, that was me. And I was one of the leaders of the tribe that killed Ad Inf, I do get to take some small portion of credit, don't I? And killing 75% of them means 25% got through, which means you lost a helluva lot of troops :). As did the other tribemates I did it to :icon_wink:.

You alone didn't constitute all of Ad Inf :).

Anyway... I was gonna ask you about starting Orc up again but I guess you won't be interested in that if you are playing in c2 now. Given that either myrka or the other inactive player must have dukedom now I guess the ball is totally out of your court anyhow...

oh and just to stay on topic, good on Plight for Declaring on c2!!! Its the only chance w16 has of escaping their clutches! w12 is closing down in a month if tribal dominance doesn't shift in the meantime, how much will c2 need to overtake before we can look forward to a specified date of the end of w16? Not that I'm taking sides, I just welcome the idea of this game finishing as I don't have the heart to hit delete... if they don't overcome the required % dominance it will potentially be years before another tribe can do the same!

c2, or any other tribe, will take a very long time to win at this rate.

gn0me

killing 75% of them means 25% got through, which means you lost a helluva lot of troops

actually it means some of them actually landed close enough together that I had to choose which vill to stack and which to rebuild the wall on. It has no connection with losing troops. I lost a few killing your nukes off, but not letting them escape.

I thought someone who loves statistics as much as you seem to would have the decency to at least use them properly, but then again, everyone knows you can use statistics to prove whatever you want, as your somewhat amateur effort this time shows.

A little wording goes a long way, and not to be off-topic I will point out that I am saying this to remind every reader of these forums to read between the lines whenever stats are posted... they are almost always posted by someone with a vested interest, and usually quite obviously biased by some means, be it timeframe, included tribes/players, or simply explaining 'obvious' misconstrued conclusions as in your quote above.

DeletedUser

Much though I agree, I must contest your point. I, as u6s5l, was fairly backline in the fight against Ad Inf. Rather than move forward, with my limited time abilities, and be unable to defend any conquers, I attacked your backline. In doing so, I drew your support away from your frontline, thus helping my tribe find emptier villages. In addition, the tactic destroyed numerous troops from other players, not only you, and my tribe was aware of this fact. Therefore, I found it a successful tactic, however much you might disagree.

I thought someone who seems to have a basic grasp of how to post decently would not be so offensive in terms of posting, but then again, everyone knows that no one is perfect.

And again, I'd agree that stats posted are always posted by someone with a vested interest. However, when certain stats show a tribe winning by every timescale, there is no room for argument that said tribe is winning in most cases. The fault that lies with most tribes is that they don't consider other tactics that backline players may use, such as your explaining of what you think was a failure on my part. Failure lies with perspective, and considering that the original point was that I was one of the people who helped Ad Inf, I had proven as such already by being one of the leaders of said tribe, and my tactic killed enough troops for me to take #1 ODA from players who had more nukes than I (I was not even top 20 points at the time), I'd say I was fairly successful in my objective.

The question comes into play, however, when we look at stats and wonder what tactics truly are being used, as well as their effect. While SF and Plight have "won" previous weeks in the stats, they are still shrinking, while c2 only continues to outgrow them. Clearly, numbers will not be on their side forever, as they fall even lower in active count and village count in comparison to c2. Due to this fact, if c2 is winning now, when they have more villages than Plight and SF, one can easily see how it would be more likely that they'd continue winning on a greater scale.

DeletedUser

W16 - kafs/W24 - neva1

I'd just like to point out U6's siggy above ^^^

That was my doing :lol:

DeletedUser

I hope that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside :icon_biggrin:.

With "independents":

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: C²
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Plight MAD
Players: dopeas Pedro Clara ltdavis2008 StormTrouper

Timeframe: 26/06/2010 00:00:00 to 14/08/2010 13:14:05

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 607
Side 2: 351
Difference: 256

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 5,783,988
Side 2: 3,249,243
Difference: 2,534,745

chart
[/spoil]

Without "independents":

[spoil]Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Plight
Players:

Timeframe: 26/06/2010 00:00:00 to 14/08/2010 13:14:05

Side 1: 339
Side 2: 305
Difference: 34

chart

Side 1: 3,161,246
Side 2: 2,856,334
Difference: 304,912

chart
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Yeah it does actually :icon_razz:

Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Plight
Players:

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Side 1: 5
Side 2: 7
Difference: 2
chart

Side 1: 51,980
Side 2: 66,535
Difference: 14,555
chart

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah gammy he plays kafs, I never saw that one coming tbh. He litterally made me pay to get his account name as well

DeletedUser

Wait...oral, you play the kafs account now?

For a little while, I u6s5l. have played the kafs account.

Who's oral? I'm guessing it's u6? If it is, please can you not snipe/stack my noble train again? ;)

He likes to call me oral because he has no class nor sense of manners. I'd suggest you don't send them if you don't want them to die :icon_biggrin:.

Yeah gammy he plays kafs, I never saw that one coming tbh. He litterally made me pay to get his account name as well

No one did. It hasn't done enough in the war, for reasons Sauroni is aware of :). Nonetheless, I plan to take a more...active...role in it :icon_wink:. And I was surprised by your offer:

[spoil][07/28/10] Sauroni: hey I accidently bought 1000 extra Premium points and I don't need them I bought enough for 2 years already
[07/28/10] Sauroni: want me to give them to you?
[07/28/10] Or-el: If I told you my account name, would you :lol:?
[07/28/10] Or-el: So you're saying an account name will get me 1k premium points :icon_eek:.
[07/28/10] Sauroni: yessir[/spoil]

Before you all go reporting, I already checked with the mods, it was perfectly legal. There is no in-game advantage given by it, so it doesn't matter.

DeletedUser

No didn't, I had originally offered him 1000 PP as a joke and to see his reaction, he responded postively so I lowered it to 500 which is only like what $12 IRL? That's like the cost of my McDonalds lunch and breakfast combined so it wasn't a bad deal to me. And if I did accidently bought 1000 PP I wouldn't give them to you U6, I would give them to my tribemates. Our deal required a completely seperate payment. Your welcome for not screwing you over either, seeing as you did have to tell me the account name before I sent them ;)

Real conversation:
[7/28/2010 9:59:35 PM | Edited 10:00:11 PM] Sauroni: hey I accidently bought 1000 extra Premium points and I don't need them I bought enough for 2 years already
[7/28/2010 9:59:42 PM] Sauroni: want me to give them to you?
[7/28/2010 10:00:03 PM] uf65lf: If I told you my account name, would you :D?
[7/28/2010 10:00:12 PM] Sauroni: (nod)
[7/28/2010 10:00:14 PM] Sauroni: :)
[7/28/2010 10:00:19 PM] Sauroni: its only 75 dollars
[7/28/2010 10:00:26 PM] Sauroni: for that many PP
[7/28/2010 10:00:50 PM] uf65lf: :D
[7/28/2010 10:00:55 PM] uf65lf: You lie that you would
[7/28/2010 10:01:19 PM] Sauroni: (shake)
[7/28/2010 10:01:21 PM] Sauroni: I never lie
[7/28/2010 10:01:36 PM] Sauroni: I am betting a few people might
[7/28/2010 10:01:52 PM] uf65lf: So you're saying an account name will get me 1k premium points :^)
[7/28/2010 10:01:59 PM] Sauroni: yessir

As you can see, I didn't replace mine with TW smilies :D