Wtf?

DeletedUser

I come home at 1 a.m. ready to get set for the speed round, and it's already started? What happened to the 2 a.m. start time? Am I missing something here?

DeletedUser

its 2 am in germany I believe. Well its GMT+1

if you live in england, it wouldof started at 1am

DeletedUser

Eh I'm in the US. So it started at like 10 then. Wish I would have known they put the time in German time. There's no where in the entire FAQ/Info that states that. Should be something they put in there.

DeletedUser

yeah, same here, I'm from NJ.

But even so, as soon as the round started, it filled up. Where I live it started at 9 and at 9:01 it was filled. I couldn't believe it.

DeletedUser

Eh I'm in the US. So it started at like 10 then. Wish I would have known they put the time in German time. There's no where in the entire FAQ/Info that states that. Should be something they put in there.

well the whole in-game time is set with German (GMT+1)

DeletedUser

now thats a taste of american arrogance. Why should an international version of a game be in EST? Espacially if there is a little watch ingame telling us the server time and it differs from your time.

DeletedUser

Jamm, he thought it was in our timezone. that doesn't mean he was arrogant. Sure he should of known it wasn't any of the timezones in the US, but that doesn't mean you should say 'well theres a taste of american arrogance.' Everybody and every single nation, state, city, country, etc... has arrogance. Besides eastern time is only for the eastern coast(go figure):icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

They should make it check your PC clock, then use that to say what time the speed rounds will start according to your PC clock.

OR

Let you choose your timezone?

DeletedUser

They should make it check your PC clock, then use that to say what time the speed rounds will start according to your PC clock.

OR

Let you choose your timezone?

Pc time is the same as your time zone therefore useless in this case.

Let us choose our timezone?
again, it is useless.

No need for reasons because it is just plain wrong.

DeletedUser

now thats a taste of american arrogance. Why should an international version of a game be in EST? Espacially if there is a little watch ingame telling us the server time and it differs from your time.

Like someone said, has nothing to do with arrogance. Maybe ignorance, on 2 sides, Tribal Wars side for not having anywhere in any help section or FAQ's stating which timezone the website/game is located in. And not stating in the Speed Server Planned rounds, which Timezone it is starting in.

I only assumed since my time settings for the forums was set to EST, since, well, that's where I live, that it automatically adjusted any server setting times, like all successful websites/forums do. I've only been playing for a couple months, how the hell was I supposed to know that all times posted by administrators is in Germany's time zone? There's nothing I've read that has stated that, anywhere.

Also, I don't have an in game watch, if you are talking about the little ticker in the bottom right hand corner in the main game display window, that thing is different in each World. So I only assume it is some imaginary time set for each world.

Perhaps, with as big as this game appears to be, the Admins would consider that when a World or Speed Server is going to start, they post up several time zones; Australia - Asia - Europe - Americas. That way, it's idiot proof.

And I'm not an idiot by any means, as I've read everything that could have informed me of the time issue.

Thanks for your typical anti-american remark though, whose the arrogant and ignorant one now? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Thanks for your typical anti-american remark though, whose the arrogant and ignorant one now? :icon_wink:
You won the competition about "who's more ignorant". :icon_wink:
help said:
If you have any other questions that aren't answered in this help take a look at the Wiki. If you still can't find an answer you can also ask you question on the forum.
A truely intelligent poster would have used a search term like "+server +timezone" on the forums and found i. e. threads like this one.

Though I must agree that something essential like the server's time(zone) should clearly be announced in the help or at least a "clock" on the index page. And I suggested that a couple of times before to the staff.

DeletedUser

LOL. I wouldn't expect there to be a discussion in the forums, as the only time I enter this sespool is to ask simple questions. Which I received an answer, until douche bag #1 decided to insult me.

It's not my fault that no where in the help/how to/faq's the time for everything on the server is in GMT+1.

I don't touch wiki's. And I did ask the question on the forum.

So how does that make me ignorant? You can be the official douche bag #2.

You obviously didn't read the post that was insulting to me, and you apparently didn't read the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd post that I made. Or, you could be another anti-american like jamm. Either way, what point have you proven, other than the fact that with the combined douchebaggery of you and jamm, you have officially wasted my time, five posts in this thread, and thrown a couple of insults at me.

All because I asked what the deal was with the time. 2 thumbs up for the maturity level of the 2 of you. :lol:

DeletedUser

LOL. I wouldn't expect there to be a discussion in the forums, as the only time I enter this sespool is to ask simple questions. Which I received an answer, until douche bag #1 decided to insult me.

It's not my fault that no where in the help/how to/faq's the time for everything on the server is in GMT+1.

I don't touch wiki's. And I did ask the question on the forum.

So how does that make me ignorant? You can be the official douche bag #2.

You obviously didn't read the post that was insulting to me, and you apparently didn't read the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd post that I made. Or, you could be another anti-american like jamm. Either way, what point have you proven, other than the fact that with the combined douchebaggery of you and jamm, you have officially wasted my time, five posts in this thread, and thrown a couple of insults at me.

All because I asked what the deal was with the time. 2 thumbs up for the maturity level of the 2 of you. :lol:
May I help you with quoting yourself?
xponiboix

I come home at 1 a.m. ready to get set for the speed round, and it's already started? What happened to the 2 a.m. start time? Am I missing something here?
I don't know your kind of understanding of a game, that is played all around the world, but for me the announced times perfectly match with the expected time (yes, I'm living in the server's time zone, but that doesn't matter at all).

So why the hell were you thinking, it would start in your time zone, when they announce a starting time? If I play a game, that is supposed to be played all around the world, I wouldn't automatically suspect it to run in my time zone. You did.

You were told, that there's a watch in the game that even you should be able to find and see, what time the servers actually are running at. That's all. If it's running in different times for you (yes, "the little ticker in the bottom right hand corner in the main game display window, that thing is different in each World. So I only assume it is some imaginary time set for each world.") - you should complain about it aka write a support ticket. Though actually you seem to be the only ("not an idiot")-person, who's experiencing different times. For all the other thousands of players the "ticker" shows the server's time (GMT +1).

Summary: You got "douchebagged" for supposing the servers running in your time zone plus insisting not being an idiot though the readers of your texts here could probably have a different opinion about this...

DeletedUser

Like someone said, has nothing to do with arrogance. Maybe ignorance, on 2 sides, Tribal Wars side for not having anywhere in any help section or FAQ's stating which timezone the website/game is located in. And not stating in the Speed Server Planned rounds, which Timezone it is starting in.

I only assumed since my time settings for the forums was set to EST, since, well, that's where I live, that it automatically adjusted any server setting times, like all successful websites/forums do. I've only been playing for a couple months, how the hell was I supposed to know that all times posted by administrators is in Germany's time zone? There's nothing I've read that has stated that, anywhere.

Also, I don't have an in game watch, if you are talking about the little ticker in the bottom right hand corner in the main game display window, that thing is different in each World. So I only assume it is some imaginary time set for each world.

Perhaps, with as big as this game appears to be, the Admins would consider that when a World or Speed Server is going to start, they post up several time zones; Australia - Asia - Europe - Americas. That way, it's idiot proof.

And I'm not an idiot by any means, as I've read everything that could have informed me of the time issue.

uhm, you DO remember that you had do sign up at the forums even though you already had an in-game account right? assuming that the forum's timezone and the server's timezone are the same is already quite ignorant and idiotic on your part, especially since you can change your timezone in the forum settings and you can't in the game. automatically assuming that they'll both be synchronized is just stupid.

you said it yourself...you've been playing for 'a couple of months' how the hell were you not able to find the little clock at the bottom of the page then? and if you've seen it where the heck did you get the idea that it's different for every world??? LOL! imaginary time for each world? wow. i'm so sorry that you're so dense you couldn't even grasp the significance of the presence of the server time indicator!

and even if you don't know that it's german time, you can always compare and contrast the time to your timezone so you can figure out when a round starts and whatnot...common sense...do you have it?

to put it bluntly, you're an ignorant idiot. sorry, that's all there is to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

May I help you with quoting yourself

I don't know your kind of understanding of a game, that is played all around the world, but for me the announced times perfectly match with the expected time (yes, I'm living in the server's time zone, but that doesn't matter at all).

Um, erm, eh.....This is the 1st of several hundred games, that reach around the world, that the time displayed on my end, was not in my time-zome. Regardless of where the server was located. And if times were posted, there would be several times listed, so that newcomers, like myself, would catch a clue, since nothing, other than an outdated thread in the forums which I clearly stated I don't visit unless I have a question, see my first post moron, I don't think you truly know the workings of any server, let alone a gaming server, even one of as simple technology as this browser based one.

So why the hell were you thinking, it would start in your time zone, when they announce a starting time? If I play a game, that is supposed to be played all around the world, I wouldn't automatically suspect it to run in my time zone. You did.

Again, you fail to read my entire posts, one of the most common mistakes made by forum tough guys such as yourself. Yes you have your followers, like the poster above this, but in the end, you're not making much sense. Please see above, in reference to why I suspected times that are displayed should be in my time zone, unless posted in forums or announcements, which 9 times out of 10, the user would post different time's for time zones, or at least state that the time listed, was in fact, GMT +1. How much clearer can I make this for you? Do I need to call you international, and speak very very slowly? If that would help, I could do that, no cost to me, other than about a half hour of my time to talk slow enough for you.

You were told, that there's a watch in the game that even you should be able to find and see, what time the servers actually are running at. That's all. If it's running in different times for you (yes, "the little ticker in the bottom right hand corner in the main game display window, that thing is different in each World. So I only assume it is some imaginary time set for each world.") - you should complain about it aka write a support ticket. Though actually you seem to be the only ("not an idiot")-person, who's experiencing different times. For all the other thousands of players the "ticker" shows the server's time (GMT +1).

Why would I create a support ticket for something that I assumed is 100% normal? If it is not explained anywhere, that the little ticker is server time, what is making me assume that it is? Oh, thats right, people on the interwebs are psychic....OOoOoooOooOOOo eeEEeeeEEEe spooky.

Summary: You got "douchebagged" for supposing the servers running in your time zone plus insisting not being an idiot though the readers of your texts here could probably have a different opinion about this...[/color]

What opinion? I was called an arrogant american because I thought that times displayed user side were in EST, in my original post, i just asked "whats the deal". More than 3 people answered my question, and I was satisfied, I was done, then I saw the comment made, so I made my rebuttle as to why one with any interweb experience at all would begin to assume why a time posted not in a THREAD but on a main page, would display a time or setting in that users region. I am not an admin, I can't post times or info on the main page, but from past experience I would only assume it has a drop box effect, that when used properly would display proper time user side, while still maintaining client side times. But I did make my rebuttle to the little anti american boy.

Then, you decide to come in here and call me ignorant? For what purpose? To type in blue? Is it nessicery? Does it make you "Stand Out" amongst your peers? Are you ignored a lot? There was no reason other than a poor attempt to sound "cool". Again, you've only said what I have said, only you have done it in a way to try and insult me. Here, I will slow it down for you....

You.....Have....Said....What.....I....Have....Said....Only....You.....Are.....Doing....It.....While.....Trying.....To......Insult.....Me..... I don't get it, you quote me, but you quote things that only further what I have said. Maybe it's a cultural difference, maybe its the fact that I like to make sense. Who knows. Either way, like I said before, and I will keep saying it, until your mentally retarded little brain gets it, I asked a question in the forums, I received an answer, I was then insulted by a douchebag, I defended my self, you insulted me for no apparent reason other than just wanting to start shit.

Well, I'll let you have it, you win, I will lay down my sword, you can take the Special Olympic trophy home with you, and post pictures of it on the interweb's to show how "cool" you are. I play games out of boredom, avoid forums, and have 0 online friends, mainly because I can drive and see all my friends. How many of yours can you say that about?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excellent punctuation and grammar. You win the Nobel Prize for most run-on sentences. Thanks for playing, try reading each and every post before trying again, rules do apply, submit at your own risk. :icon_wink:

uhm, you DO remember that you had do sign up at the forums even though you already had an in-game account right? assuming that the forum's timezone and the server's timezone are the same is already quite ignorant and idiotic on your part, especially since you can change your timezone in the forum settings and you can't in the game. automatically assuming that they'll both be synchronized is just stupid.

you said it yourself...you've been playing for 'a couple of months' how the hell were you not able to find the little clock at the bottom of the page then? and if you've seen it where the heck did you get the idea that it's different for every world??? LOL! imaginary time for each world? wow. i'm so sorry that you're so dense you couldn't even grasp the significance of the presence of the server time indicator!

and even if you don't know that it's german time, you can always compare and contrast the time to your timezone so you can figure out when a round starts and whatnot...common sense...do you have it?

to put it bluntly, you're an ignorant idiot. sorry, that's all there is to it!

Namaz

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Pot.....kettle :icon_wink:

If you want to get pedantic, your dribble is littered with grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes.

For most folk, English is not their native tongue and they shouldn't have some clown like yourself mocking them.

I've no problem with someone having a rant, but try to be more concise.

By and large most Americans are arrogant and ignorant, forever taking the bait dangled in front of them.

(Insert any of the other numerous stereotypes :icon_wink:)

Now jump in daddy's car and play hide the sausage with your friends.

DeletedUser

Pot.....kettle :icon_wink:

If you want to get pedantic, your dribble is littered with grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes.

For most folk, English is not their native tongue and they shouldn't have some clown like yourself mocking them.

I've no problem with someone having a rant, but try to be more concise.

By and large most Americans are arrogant and ignorant, forever taking the bait dangled in front of them.

(Insert any of the other numerous stereotypes :icon_wink:)

Now jump in daddy's car and play hide the sausage with your friends.

:icon_eek:
That is unusual.:icon_rolleyes: