xmas/new years speed round

DeletedUser

Some of us don't have the amount of caffeine needed to pull something like that...

gargareth

get a webcam and let someone watch you, put headphones on when you fall asleep they send you a messgae on skype/msn and you waker up, easy :D

DeletedUser

There will be a Christmas round, with prizes. Possibly even a scenario round. So suggest what you want :)

Faetzy

:) *bows to russki*

I'll be eating xmas dinner, whilst on laptop :D playing speed.

My only idea is start it early on on christmas eve at around 10:00

DeletedUser

on the .se server they had a round called " the wall" or something like that. maybe you can check that out and try to have one like that here

i dont have all the info on it but it was something like the rounds here with bigger villages but it was defended by a wall of villages fully defended and and the big village was controlling them and sent support to them and you had to take all villages in the wall before you could take the big one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

on the .se server they had a round called " the wall" or something like that. maybe you can check that out and try to have one like that here

i dont have all the info on it but it was something like the rounds here with bigger villages but it was defended by a wall of villages fully defended and and the big village was controlling them and sent support to them and you had to take all villages in the wall before you could take the big one

Wow, that sounds intense. (Both game wise and programming wise lol).

Something interesting would be awesome. I don't have any ideas on me at the moment, but something exotic would be cool.

DeletedUser

yea i guess it was one of the admins playing the big one but in the setting it was stated that it ran on its own. i dont wanna translate it all but if you want i can try to find it and link you to it so you can try a translator

DeletedUser

I'd like to see that, actually if you could find it.

The one problem I see with that is that someone could just wait with a ton of attacks ready to hit the bigger one as soon as the other players had cleared the wall though. Even something where the villages just replenished troops quickly would be interesting, as it would make cooperation between tribemates a very useful and needed thing.

But anyway, yeah if you could find the round that would be awesome.

DeletedUser

some info here, let me see if i can find the rest

#58 Scandi War 2008
Start: fredag, 2008-10-24 16:00
Slut: söndag, 2008-10-26 23:00
Beskrivning:
Spelargräns: 100
Krav för seger: The tribe needs to hold the Barbarian village (King of the hill) until the end of the speed. Each player in the tribe gets 3 premium points. Biggest player gets 10 premium points.

DeletedUser

King of the hill?
De kommer finnas en by i mitten av kartan. Byn är ägd av spelaren "kingofthehill". Denna by kommer ha ett försvar på 30.000 Spjut, 30.000 svärdmän och 3000 Tungt kavalleri. Runt om kingofthehill byn kommer det finnas en mur som är byggd av byar, dessa byar kommer ha namnet "The Wall". Dessa måste först bli övertagna för att kingofthehill byn skall låsas upp. De vill säga, de går inte att adla eller skicka giltiga anfall på kingofthehill byn om dessa "The Wall" inte blivit övertagna. De vill säga, muren måste krossas.

I varje "The Wall" by finns det 10.000 spjutmän, 10.000 svärdmän samt 1000 Tungt Kavalleri.

OBS: Kingofthehill kontot kommer vara ett aktivt konto. Det betyder att kontot kommer att vara interaktivt och kommer kunna försvara sig själv. Det betyder att Kingofthehill kontot kommer att kunna bygga försvar, men det är enbart Kingofthehill byn som kan bygga trupperna för att sedan skicka dem som assistans till dess väggar. Kingofthehill byn kan däremot inte anfalla tillbaka om en vägg blir tagen. Byn kommer ha betydligt mer poäng än vad en standardby kommer ha.

Hur vinner man denna rundan?
Den som tar "kingofthehill" byn och håller den tills speeden är slut, är den som kommer vara vinnaren av denna rundan.

Vad får man som vinnare?
Du vinner 10 premium-poäng.

Vad händer sen?
De 20 bästa spelarna på denna runda kommer bli inbjudna till att spela en speciell och låst speedserver där vi kör samma koncept, fast svårare. Vinnaren här från 20 premium-poäng samt titeln "Bästa King Of the Hill spelaren" på det externa forumet. När denna rundan spelas är ännu inte klart.

gargareth

apparently the christmas round will be 72 hours long (3 days) and between 150 - 250 speed

i vote for 250 speed
constant nobles (but that never happens in non weekend rounds)
0.8 troop speed
tribe limit 10-15 (its gonna be a 200 player limit so bigger tribes would be nice)
i would suggest a premium prize to the best tribe and the top 3 players
and tribe lock after the first 6 hours

DeletedUser

Google translate has done a good job at making this understandable.

King of the hill?
They will be a village in the middle of the map. The village is owned by the player "king ofthe hill." This village will have a defense for 30,000 Javelin, 30,000 Svärdman and 3000 Heavy cavalry. Around the king ofthe hill village will be a wall that is built of villages, these villages will be named "The Wall". They must first be taken over for king ofthe hill village must be locked up. They want to say, they can not ennoble or send authentic attack on the king ofthe hill village on the "The Wall" has not been taken over. They want to say, the wall must be crushed.

In each of "The Wall" by spjutmän there are 10,000, 10,000 Svärdman and 1000 Heavy Cavalry.

NOTE: King Ofthe Hill's account will be an active account. This means that the account will be interactive and will be able to defend himself. That means that King Ofthe Hill's account will be able to build the defense, but it is only King Ofthe Hill village, which can build the troops to then send them as assistance to its walls. King Ofthe Hill village can not attack back on a wall is being taken. The village will have considerably more points than a standardby will have.

The win takes the round?
Whoever "king ofthe hill 'village and keep the speed until the end, is the one who will be the winner of this round.

What can you as a winner?
Win 10 premium-points.

What happens then?
The 20 best players in this round will be invited to play a special and locked speed server where we run the same concept, the more difficult. The winner here from 20-points premium and the title of "Best King Of the Hill player" in the external forum. When this round is played is not yet clear.

It still has that one flaw though. It would be cool if you could only attack the "King of the Hill" Village from the "wall" villages.

kerosine

Why play on christmas? It's two days set aside for family and presents :) No one should be playing TW at all.

And that King of the Hill round looks awesome. I want to play!!

Last edited:

Faetzy

lol i got my new laptop last year :D, but i'll be playing the next round.

greenmonsta

I would like to see that 'the wall' round at some point but not for the xmas round. Maybe something we all know and enjoy. A regular or cluster would be fun to play, at around 250-300 speed for 48-72 hours. WITH account sitting active, and sleep mode set for only 6 hours, activates every 24 hours.

Faetzy

Lol, that means constant 18 hour play a day, over christmas time, no way :) people will want a longer sleep mode, so less time can be played.

greenmonsta

True, perhaps that would be good for new years. tbh I don't know if many would play for xmas. I might play for a few hours only. I tend to spend the day with my family though.

Faetzy

Well i can play it, apart from the part where i go to my grans for xmas dinner, thereforce i'd need a sitter or sm active :)

DeletedUser

I'm sure my chicka has something planned...stupid family :(. I'm really excited for bash rounds to come out again though :)