You have probably heard this before...

• Thread starter DeletedUser80534
  • Start date

DeletedUser80534

I was just wondering if I could have some pointers on HP world start up. Specifically, I want to know about your recommendations regarding the upgrading of res buildings. When and how much?

DeletedUser

I would guess the same as a normal start up but that all depends on the round currently being played. :)

For a large part though its player preference and location determined.

DeletedUser53562

We (Beauty and the Beast) went with a normal startup, just jumped in where the villages were raised. Due to the vast amount of barbs and the high speed (faster production/farm refills) we actually skipped researching axe and scout until around 300LC.

DeletedUser

We (Big Bad Player) also went for a normal startup. Though we got axes soon and starting clearing due to having a very bad starting location (No close barb, and not even enough player villages nearby because of having a lot of trees and lakes in the area...)
Also we didn't HQ rush as the area was crappy and farming income wasn't good enough at the start.

DeletedUser

We (Startup King) didn't skip axes, we made 100 spears (if I'd been here the first day and a half I'd have made that 200 or more, as farming was really pretty, even with the 1st to 10k resources being right next door), we didn't skip scouts, we hq rushed while making stables, wall and the occassional barracks and we made it all the way to 27 because that's how awesome we are. :icon_cool: I think we got workshop at hq 25. Barracks 25, stables 17, farm 30 before academy. Pretty standard startup for hasoona and I, except I usually manage to convince him to make a galactic megaton of spearmen. This worked more than fine though.

DeletedUser80534

Still, don't you think, since res inflow is higher on HP worlds, that an early up of res buildings will benefit you on HP specifically? Especially looking at Big Bad Player's start-up there, where his farm area quite sucked.

DeletedUser

I (Helpless Destruction) did a normal startup. My area was alright, I was the first one farming and was getting consistantly ahead, but due to no coplayer or night sitter I would log off in the top 20 and wake up being about 50 ranks down (In other words I fell behind :S). Still havent really recovered, but well see what happens before the end of the round.

DeletedUser

Still, don't you think, since res inflow is higher on HP worlds, that an early up of res buildings will benefit you on HP specifically? Especially looking at Big Bad Player's start-up there, where his farm area quite sucked.

Higher speed in world doesn't make the resource camps more efficient than farming. Speed doesn't affect farming/camps efficiency at all (<<<This is only true if your account is being played 24/7. If not, higher speed means pits will be more useful than in worlds with lower speed.)
Unit speed modifier, on the other hand directly affects farming efficiency. The higher the modifier is, the better farming will be compared to resource camps. Still even in very low unit_speed_modifiers, farming is usually more efficient. Unless the modifier is like 0.0000001 or something. o_O

So, in all cases (Not including ~0.00000001 modifiers which won't happen at all anyway :D), farming is the most efficient way of gaining resources. Even with some crappy area, and even with high/low speed or unit_speed_modifiers. Surely with lower modifier, pits start to become more effective, but still farming is hugely superior.

Summary:
Speed affects activity required to play a world. While unit_speed_modifier affects farming efficiency compared to pits.
The actual unit movement speed (speed * unit_speed_modifier) is based only on speed and modifier, so you can just ignore it and only take speed and modifier into consideration.
Area mainly affects the strategy of the starting stage of a world. After passing that stage (if you do pass that stage the right way!), area is less important. Though a bad area will still put you behind a good player with a good area in rankings as they'll pass the starting stage of start-up faster.

DeletedUser

We point whored all the way and still havent bothered to build troops
Its True

DeletedUser80534

Higher speed in world doesn't make the resource camps more efficient than farming. Speed doesn't affect farming/camps efficiency at all (<<<This is only true if your account is being played 24/7. If not, higher speed means pits will be more useful than in worlds with lower speed.)
Unit speed modifier, on the other hand directly affects farming efficiency. The higher the modifier is, the better farming will be compared to resource camps. Still even in very low unit_speed_modifiers, farming is usually more efficient. Unless the modifier is like 0.0000001 or something. o_O

So, in all cases (Not including ~0.00000001 modifiers which won't happen at all anyway :D), farming is the most efficient way of gaining resources. Even with some crappy area, and even with high/low speed or unit_speed_modifiers. Surely with lower modifier, pits start to become more effective, but still farming is hugely superior.

Summary:
Speed affects activity required to play a world. While unit_speed_modifier affects farming efficiency compared to pits.
The actual unit movement speed (speed * unit_speed_modifier) is based only on speed and modifier, so you can just ignore it and only take speed and modifier into consideration.
Area mainly affects the strategy of the starting stage of a world. After passing that stage (if you do pass that stage the right way!), area is less important. Though a bad area will still put you behind a good player with a good area in rankings as they'll pass the starting stage of start-up faster.

However, your point does not apply when there is nobody to on-line to farm. Also, someone with higher res buildings and adequate farming skills will have a higher res inflow /h than someone who doesn't. Buildings go up faster on HP than on other worlds, meaning in this case you would have some extra build time to up your res. so in the end it will not really be at the expense of troop production.

We (secret identity) upgraded res after someone recommended it to us for HP. Our growth was phenomenal ;p even after starting 3 days late. Prob cause the rim is so easy xD.

A humble player

he mentioned that if the account is semi-inactive, what he said did not apply.