You spin me right round...

DeletedUser

Baby.
Right round like a record, baby.
Right, round, round, round...

Someone post a hideously flawed opinion in this thread and I will argue it until the end of time xD. Kopite, you want to go first?

You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round, round, round...

DeletedUser

The flaw of an opinion is not in its nature, its holding or its following but rather can be found only in the dissenting opinion of another. In a vacuum every opinion is, by its nature, flawless because there is no objective standard for opinion but rather a vast subjective wasteland of human individuality.

The drivel that Kopite sputters drives me absolutely up the wall. The almost laughable ignorance that I perceive is so inexplicable to make me think that he wallows in mental deficiency. But without my derision he would be correct which means that I cannot presume to completely discount his opinions as anathema as they are to my own nature.

Thus we have the true challenge of expression our nature against the backdrop of the world while accepting the polar opposites in the nature of others. For if we are unaccepting of their unique selves we have no right to demand acceptance of ourselves. We have to find that find balance of existing in accord with our nature but not forcing that nature upon others.

In the end we must find a way for our natures to interact using various means. Some of us fight. A physical expression of voilence. Some compete in sports which can be just as violent but more socially acceptable. In here we use the medium of the TW game to find that balance. Each of us playing on a common field in what way we desire. Our interactions are normalized through the rules of the game and, in this medium, the rules of the forum.

Come with me
into the trees
We'll lay on the grass
And let the hours pass

Take my hand
Come back to the land
Let's get away
Just for one day

Let me see you Stripped down to the bone. . .

Take my hand
Come back to the land
Where everything's ours
For a few hours

Let me hear you make decisions
Without your television
Let me hear you speaking just for me

Let me see you Stripped down to the bone . . .

Let me hear you crying Just for me. . .

coytex

Chaos, I agree with you that an opinion is, by nature, flawless. However, we need not confine this statement to a vacuum, for an opinion has a lack of objectivity wherever it is made.

Introspection: your opposition of any opinion expressed will neither weaken nor bolster the validity of said opinion; and, in fact, your dissent will be equally as flawless as the original opinion.

Instead, this thread can serve as a haven for opinions, as well as dissenting opinions and, more appropriately to the intent of the thread, arguments that attack the logic of the opinions and dissenting opinions presented. An argument can not be won through the endless exchange of differing opinions. However, one way it can be won is by exposing the logical fallacies of the opposing argument.

For instance:

1. Introspection, it is funny that you have elected yourself king of debates when you only want to debate ideas and opinions you are already opposed to.

2. Introspection, since, by nature, an opinion has no factual certainty, how can it be flawed? Furthermore, if an opinion could be flawed, how would it be defined clearly enough to label one to be hideously flawed?

One of the two is a valid argument. The other can be quelled by addressing its logical fallacy.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, the next most likely large scale war is RUM!! vs UN W40 because they share a lengthy border and they have been in talks with each other discussing a start date for this confrontation, all in my opinion of course.

Is my opinion flawed?

DeletedUser

I thought Warrier Reborn was at war with UN W40 lol I used to be in that tribe back in world 32 now that would be a intresting fight a threesome lol.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, the next most likely large scale war is RUM!! vs UN W40 because they share a lengthy border and they have been in talks with each other discussing a start date for this confrontation, all in my opinion of course.

Is my opinion flawed?

Your opinion is not flawed, however the information on which you based your opinion is flawed.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I wrote that at like late at night and realized how wrong I was afterward.

coytex

Is my opinion flawed?

In addition to Thorin's statement, you have committed the logical fallacy of anecdotal evidence as your knowledge of a discussion could only be hearsay.

DeletedUser

My opinion is that this is a thread for general discussion and not the main forum...

overcast

What is the name of the spin me around song? I heard it once and i feel in love with it but i failed to learn the name and composer.

DeletedUser

a fugin creepy song

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On ChaosSums argument about flawless opinions.....

From a simpletons point of view (me being the simpleton),could it be argued that an opinion can be flawed even in a "vacuum" without the dissent of others.This is because an opinion can have consequence,whether it has been exposed to others or not.The consequence will always be positive or negative for the holder.Negative exposing the opinion as flawed.

EXAMPLE... A man goes into the wilderness,miles from any people.He lives a happy life in isolation.One day he forms the opinion that the intake of food and water are killing him.Within a week he is dead,his death proving his opinion was flawed.

Or have I totally missed the point of the argument?