Your Source For Music

• Thread starter Bishie Darkwing
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Like indie rock.
interpol, bloc party, gotye, city and colour, the arcade fire, the list goes on.

Dont like metal cos most of it is instrumentally simple, and just doesnt sound 'whole.'

Dont like much rap, 'cept lupe fiasco, and a 'lil bit of kanye.
dont like it that much cos it's like pop music with swearing- it all sounds the same.

And does anyone know of this metal band, with a black guy as the lead singer? They have asong called 'nobody' and it goes 'nobody, nobody gets out alive!' in a sorta screamo voice. its a prime song, but i cant find the band name cos the video it was on got deleted.

natural born killer

Like indie rock.
interpol, bloc party, gotye, city and colour, the arcade fire, the list goes on.

Dont like metal cos most of it is instrumentally simple, and just doesnt sound 'whole.'

Dont like much rap, 'cept lupe fiasco, and a 'lil bit of kanye.
dont like it that much cos it's like pop music with swearing- it all sounds the same.

And does anyone know of this metal band, with a black guy as the lead singer? They have asong called 'nobody' and it goes 'nobody, nobody gets out alive!' in a sorta screamo voice. its a prime song, but i cant find the band name cos the video it was on got deleted.

instrumentally simple ...Have you ever picked up a guitar ......i doubt it

and
"Nobody"
by Skindred
is the song your looking for i think

DeletedUser

instrumentally simple ...Have you ever picked up a guitar ......i doubt it

and
"Nobody"
by Skindred
is the song your looking for i think
thanks mate.

and i have played guitar for almost 2 years now. not a pro obviously, but got to the stage where i enjoy making up my own stuff.

i havent listened to too much metal, but what ive heard i dont really like. for instance, my friend, a big disturbed fan, asked me to play 'the game' for him. i looked it up, and it has like 5 notes in it. not exactly the most complex song ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

natural born killer

ok ill give ya that ..there are some out there like AC/DC that play 5 chords for 30 years ..eheh

DeletedUser

ok ill give ya that ..there are some out there like AC/DC that play 5 chords for 30 years ..eheh
exactly.
But i may contradict myself, and sometimes simple is fantastic, it just has to be articulated well. i hate to say this from fear of getting flamed, but old coldplay, like 'don't panic' is quite simple, yet sounds amazing, cos they articulate it well.

DeletedUser

Fear not, If those who flames someone i see is in the wrong side i definitely will side with you and eventually that flamer will stop :D

DeletedUser

Like indie rock.

i suggest you look more towards Scandinavia for your metal... (im still talking about dimmu)

DeletedUser

i suggest you look more towards Scandinavia for your metal... (im still talking about dimmu)
i might give it a go.
scandinavia hasnt let me down yet (sigur ros).
is dimmu the band? what is a song a may like, from a inde rock perspective?

DeletedUser

i might give it a go.

dimmu borgir is the band and i have no idea what song you would like tbh

but roam around for a bit ;)

DeletedUser

The Serpentine Offering....

although i was assuming what you thought was missing from metal songs was melodie?

tbh i doubt you will like it ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And did you forget the "no" in front of rammstein, or did you mean that you do like them?

I do like them. They started off first. That is way there is no, no in front of them.
The other no's where saying no to the one above and saying the one in there sentence where the true music for the win. And since Rammstein started off first it did not have a band/singer above them.

DeletedUser

I do like them. They started off first. That is way there is no, no in front of them.
The other no's where saying no to the one above and saying the one in there sentence where the true music for the win. And since Rammstein started off first it did not have a band/singer above them.
wow that made no sense:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

i might give it a go.

i would suggest chimaira, and listen to Disturbed - Stupify or Liberate, some great songs. Disturbed are really good just dont listen to only one song, oh and dont get their album believe the only good song on it is Liberate.

Oh and Lamb of God - Redneck, great song, great video

With Chimaira though i would suggest their early stuff like Nothing Remains, Inside the Horror, Everything You Love and Pray For All.
Also look for The Flame and listen to the change up half way through, its lovely, although they should repeat it twice and the bridge back to the song is terrible :p

DeletedUser

i would suggest chimaira, and listen to Disturbed - Stupify or Liberate, some great songs. Disturbed are really good just dont listen to only one song, oh and dont get their album believe the only good song on it is Liberate.

Oh and Lamb of God - Redneck, great song, great video

With Chimaira though i would suggest their early stuff like Nothing Remains, Inside the Horror, Everything You Love and Pray For All.
Also look for The Flame and listen to the change up half way through, its lovely, although they should repeat it twice and the bridge back to the song is terrible :p

Lamb of God and Killswitch coming to town in a month i think :icon_biggrin: