Your View

• Thread starter Doms Deranged Army
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Now these forums are starting to come back to life and i thought a discussion would help.

Allbeit not the best question, but...

What do you think a player can have the most fun out of the game with?

-Growing big in points, joining the best tribe, making friends in high places

OR

-Attacking bigger players, not fully playing a world for too long, just long enough to have fun killing troops.

I think, personally, i tend to get bored with more points.
Yes more possibilities are open to you but it tends to become more of a managing game, rather then, a fun game.
If i join a world, i would prefer to get nobled, but have a good fight rather then get into top 100 with a million pts.

A lot of you are established and control accounts with a high number of points, but would you rather end it all for some real fun or carry on?

What is your view on fun?

DeletedUser

Now these forums are starting to come back to life and i thought a discussion would help.

Allbeit not the best question, but...

What do you think a player can have the most fun out of the game with?

-Growing big in points, joining the best tribe, making friends in high places

OR

-Attacking bigger players, not fully playing a world for too long, just long enough to have fun killing troops.

I think, personally, i tend to get bored with more points.
Yes more possibilities are open to you but it tends to become more of a managing game, rather then, a fun game.
If i join a world, i would prefer to get nobled, but have a good fight rather then get into top 100 with a million pts.

A lot of you are established and control accounts with a high number of points, but would you rather end it all for some real fun or carry on?

What is your view on fun?

i think the second but with having to learn the nuances as you play as i think thats half the fun ;)

DeletedUser1314

so second one is more funny.

but the point is, to attack more, i need more troops. For them, i need more villages. So first, i must have a strong base to enjoy wars.

but i think everybody (except sim-lovers) everybody plays this way.

DeletedUser

so second one is more funny.

but the point is, to attack more, i need more troops. For them, i need more villages. So first, i must have a strong base to enjoy wars.

but i think everybody (except sim-lovers) everybody plays this way.

But i'm sure there comes a point to a player, where he just finds managing the villages is just too much and i think different people have different times, so there must be some fun in growing big?
-is it the nobling of big villages?
-the more possibility of attacking more?
-Or is it the point score?

I think the fun way to play would just be to attack everything in sight from start without care for anything, but something makes me play with the growth of points idea.

DeletedUser

The best way (imo) is simply to noble players around you, regardless of their size. If they're bigger, then you must act quickly, coordinatedly and hard and do the research into there playing times etc. If they are small then its easy.

That way you grow big, learn skills and have fun.

DeletedUser32281

If you have time, you can enjoy the first option.

It's only fun in that situation if you are killing troops and warring other large players, though.

DeletedUser

Normally having a lot of points (lot of villages) would mean more fights than staying with less than 10 villages
so taking the first one would give u the second as well

DeletedUser

Normally having a lot of points (lot of villages) would mean more fights than staying with less than 10 villages
so taking the first one would give u the second as well

But wouldn't the fight be yes, better because more troops and such, but bad because it's more to manage and such.

I mean, yes a fight at 100k, is better then a fight at 200pts, but a fight at 1m pts, is it fun?

DeletedUser1314

yessssss

and a fight at 100 m points will be perfect

ps: is there anyone with 100 M points in any of the worlds?

DeletedUser

I honestly like the starting period and arms race in the start of a world. Only got the pleasure twice though. Later stages of the game seem to get boring if your not keeping yourself active/busy within the world.

DeletedUser30632

Yes, it can definitely get boring as you continue to grow and the time it takes to "check" increases. I think the most enjoyable parts of the game are the first few weeks until you noble your first village, and winning wars.

I have kept myself content leading a tribe though, it does not get boring. Frustrating every now and then, but I really love it. On world 10 (my first) I just quit after being inactive a month because it got boring.. (was about 400k points)

DeletedUser

Yes, it can definitely get boring as you continue to grow and the time it takes to "check" increases. I think the most enjoyable parts of the game are the first few weeks until you noble your first village, and winning wars.

I have kept myself content leading a tribe though, it does not get boring. Frustrating every now and then, but I really love it. On world 10 (my first) I just quit after being inactive a month because it got boring.. (was about 400k points)

I see what you mean about leading tribes.
That's what kept me in the game, i would've probably quit or just played couple of weks of the new worlds.

The need for farming and such will get boring aswell, whereas at the start it is fun.

DeletedUser

Would rather not live as long and have some fun. World 7 was my first world, so i will admit i sim-citied it a bit, didn't know how to play properly, by the time i got to around 300k points i was landlocked and had to rely on nobling inactives and gifts or 100 hour long noble trains in wars. Really wasn't fun at all, so i got to 700k points then quit and started world 15.

Having much more fun now (even though im being slowly killed by -?- :p ) than i have before and thats because im in an actual fight.

2nd option but there is no reason why you can't combine it with the first

DeletedUser

-is it the nobling of big villages?
-the more possibility of attacking more?
-Or is it the point score?
Big villages require very little building to be converted to the format I use, and can immediately start pumping troops by the truckloads.
The more villages you have, the more nukes you have.
The point score *generally* indicates that you have lots of villages, and therefore in all likelihood more nukes. However that 12.154 stuff is stupid.

DeletedUser

i would totally go with the first one because to be able to do something you need to have the right levels of certain buildings by example: Nobling. and that way you get more points, when you get points you can discover new things into the game.

Joining a big tribe will help you grow, and become a better player, some people may have fun doing it but some people wont, its every person to him self, you cant really chose what people will like or will have, thats why i think both would make more sense.

when you talk about getting nobled in the second suggestion, some people would find it fun...having to fight for there owne survival, and some want; like wow i barelly started playing and am already eliminated. Lets take an example, lets take the war between VODKA and NION. A starting player would have a "protection system for awhile" and depending on hes activness, he might not have enough time to level up and be able to build him self a strong army with a strong village. The day that hes "protection" wares off, he will get nobled and be like;"wow that was pointless" and he will never join that world again.

When you talk about fun in this game, you want the people to play the game, at the same time have fun.

As there is this old saying:" Fun comes in different ways"

so basicly people will have there owne fun and you really cant predict what type of fun they will have by example: they would love to get points and join a strong tribe, in Point #1 and fight untill they are defeated, in Point #2.

DeletedUser

First one...if you have time. I am only on W15 now so I won't be giving it up :icon_razz: