Short rounds explained

Faetzy

Nothing anyway due to beginner protection, which is like 25 minutes usually

DeletedUser

i agree with auskilla. and the beginner protection should be reduced as well. that is 25 long minutes that i cannot totally own someone =[

Swesoldier

Nobling will be disabled - you will not be able to build new villages so no point in building academy/nobles. Every player will remain with one village

New rounds coming soon. Feel free to discuss.

Hmm I thought academy was 512points so I see a point in building if you wanna win :p

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A couple of thoughts on the catapult round:

- If nobling is disabled then it would make sense to not have the academy available. The loss of those points will make it more difficult to come out ahead of everyone.

- There's zero reason to have a tribe in this type of round. Disable the option to make a tribe - or make the tribe member limit 1 if you can't disable it. Let it truly be every man for himself. Yeah you'll still have friends who may help each other out, but overall it will be every man for himself.

DeletedUser

taking starting position off for the caty rounds would reduce the amount of players working together... no one wants to caty someone on the other side of the world...
________
CLEANING IOLITE VAPORIZER

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A couple of thoughts on the catapult round:

- If nobling is disabled then it would make sense to not have the academy available. The loss of those points will make it more difficult to come out ahead of everyone.

- There's zero reason to have a tribe in this type of round. Disable the option to make a tribe - or make the tribe member limit 1 if you can't disable it. Let it truly be every man for himself. Yeah you'll still have friends who may help each other out, but overall it will be every man for himself.

About the first, the tool simply does not have that much flexibility to be able to disable a building completely. I'm suggesting it, maybe it'll be implemented in the next tw update so we can have some infantry only rounds.

About the seconds, good idea.

can we write you and suggest some?

Sure

New round idea up

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Farm-Rule: A village can only support 100 defensive units per Farm level.

Explanation and clarification: Troops fight less efficiently in crowded villages. Your spearmen poke your axemen in the behind and your axemen might kill and light cavalerist by accident while all 3 defend the village, just because they have not enough space to move.

You multiply your farm level with 100 and thats the amount of units that can fight at 100%, while in the village. To determine the amount of units you have in the village you have to multiply each unit stationed there with its farm slot value. Example: 400 hcav and 300 lcav add up to 3600 units. If the amount of units exceeds your calculated value they still fight, just at a lower efficiency. At first the efficiency only drops slightly, but the more support you gather in that village it will drop more and more. I never bothered finding out the exact numbers by which ratio the fighting strength drops when you double the amount of troops.

It is of no interest whether those units are from that village or come as support from somewhere else (it is even possible to support a village you attack, in order to lower the defensive value of the units). For example: Sending 2000 scouts as support (4000 units) would lower the enemy defensive value more than it would enlarge it, since scouts are horrible fighters. Plus you get 2000 additional scout kills.

gargareth

i like the idea of the cluster round, it would make it harder for the pros to just take anyone big.

x gafs x

hm yeah but i think that too any point whores will play and think i can get really big

gargareth

no, because they get really big they will be catted to the ground, there will be more tactics involved that way.

DeletedUser

thanks last round at 18:00 was perfect thats a perfect time for me i enjoied it just to know

DeletedUser

thanks last round at 18:00 was perfect thats a perfect time for me i enjoied it just to know

I agree with this, the other rounds are just too early for me to participate in.
Also I love the ideas and would like to see a Catapult round coming soon ^_^

greenmonsta

no, because they get really big they will be catted to the ground, there will be more tactics involved that way.

Love that sig, wherever did you get it from? :lol:

Also yeah I love those BASH rounds, thats the only round I really try on. Haven't played a CAT round though... or a cluster round. Want a CAT round soon if possible ^_^

Mad tyrion

a suggestion maybe start off some rounds with prebuilt villages like say on 15 15 15 resources :) straight into the action then

it's not a good idea.... did you currently tried any bash round ?? the first part is surely a bit boring and there's not much movent in matter of od score as someone else said but it's really important to see how you build up your village... that part matters a lot and giving high lev resource will only remove a part of the "building village tactic" that everyone use.So definitly it's perfect like that , the only boring thing is that somethimes the server lagg and you cannot fleet on time ,but i guess there's nothing to do with that....

Last edited:

AusKilla

its a good idea because bash rounds are made so you have some quick fun and with prebuilt villages u can start making troops and bashing from the get go and that = more fun for all :) but meh were all entitled to our opinions

DeletedUser

I like the ideas of these shorter rounds, it gives the opportunity to people who have work to play every now and then a full round.

On the Otherhand I don't see the point of the 'catapult round', as bimber said, players will only build O armies cause they only have 1 village. When a few people attack a guy at the same time, he has to dodge (since he'll be O only/mainly) and he is done for a couple of hours.

And if you DO build D armies, you won't be able to play the game in a fun way since you can't cat others with only D.