The Church

DeletedUser

Personally, I see no use of the chruch until I have hit my fourth or fifth village. At minimum, it would only be worth it if you have a strong cluster of tribemates...then again that only hinders you later.

Doesn't NOT having a church reduce your guys' effectiveness to 50%?

Willing to grin and bear it?

DeletedUser

Doesn't NOT having a church reduce your guys' effectiveness to 50%?

If it's in the radius of a church, no. 1 in 5 villages having a church at level 3 should be enough in-order to avoid being crippled when/if you lose a church village but not so many you weaken yourself too far(due to a level 3 church taking 12k Population).

DeletedUser

I thought he was saying that he was simply not going to build a church until he got his 5th village. In which case, up until then he'd have to live with the penalties.

DeletedUser57409

I'll probably have a church (depending on positioning) in every 6-7 vills. Thats only if I have a cluster, and it'll be right in the center. :)

Otherwise, I'll be going 3:2:1 for O:D:C (C = church)
Depends really. :p

DeletedUser

Im gunna build a church in every village.

More religion = more war.

DeletedUser

its gonna cause pppl to stay in one spot and barely spread out not wanting to waste troops

DeletedUser

The church will make people noble closer if the village points are not very far apart.

DeletedUser

Could be good, could be bad, we wont really know until its too late :D

(But I think It will be cool, my defence troops can have a rest, and I normally have LOTS of Defence :D )

Alice-Rose x

DeletedUser

I'll probably have a church (depending on positioning) in every 6-7 vills. Thats only if I have a cluster, and it'll be right in the center. :)

Otherwise, I'll be going 3:2:1 for O:D:C (C = church)
Depends really. :p

I assure you your opinion will change once you see my guide on churches :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Theoretically, some of the big boys will be able to go more offensive than normal since they will be forced into closer proximity and will be able to stack more.

What I really like about the church concept is that wars will now be waged in slightly more realistic ways. Instead of sending troops through hundreds of enemy villages (a bit unrealistic), now much of the real action will be on the front lines in a battle of the push. That type of warfare would be more in line with the era.

Sure it will be a pain for some players to adapt but tw is moving in the right direction towards strategic warfare.

DeletedUser92

special01.jpg

special01b.jpg

Church FTW!

A+. Brilliant. I applaud.

DeletedUser

I thought he was saying that he was simply not going to build a church until he got his 5th village. In which case, up until then he'd have to live with the penalties.

Sorry, was off to work until now. The cost of the 12k church is too pricey for the first couple of villages. Based on how you start off with a church in your original village, I believe it is better to wait until the fourth village or so before getting the church.

Anyway, it also depends on your village layout.

DeletedUser

will the church work for players only or will ur church aid also ur tribemates troops if for example they got into ur radius?

will it be shown also in the map? the village w/ the church?

one more thing, since the church is going to eat up much farm space, is the farm level still max at 30 w/ 24000 population space?

DeletedUser

will the church work for players only or will ur church aid also ur tribemates troops if for example they got into ur radius?

one more thing, since the church is going to eat up much farm space, is the farm level still max at 30 w/ 24000 population space?

The farm is still 30 with 24000.

Church will be only for players and not tribes because tribes are temporary.

DeletedUser

There has been no mention of tribemates churches working for each other which would be quite an important thing, so I would make an educated guess at no.

Max farm size will be the same, you just have to plan more to make the most of you church villages.

DeletedUser

I guess if you really wanted you could waste farm villages only church villages, so your only wasting 9600 farm space, I don't know why you would though

DeletedUser57409

This world will be VERY interesting!
As PP said, war will be more realistic, and srategy will be.a big part. Troop numbers will not win alone! :)