The Church

DeletedUser

its gonna cause pppl to stay in one spot and barely spread out not wanting to waste troops

Another TWA player here. Excellent. Find me on skype (same name as my user name here), trying to put together a tribe in the NE here

DeletedUser

ya the farm will take space. But people that have church villages will defend those villages more and will want to keep it for their bonuses. And yes it will be a pain to fight wars with the new church idea but it is more realistic. I could use it to my own advatage. I love that kind of warfare:icon_twisted::icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

i think everyone has found a new building to aim the catapults at first.

DeletedUser

The church you begin with in your first village cannot be damaged...churches after that can be. (as far as my understanding goes)

yes, that's what i thought.

Catapulting someone's church in their cluster before clearing the rest of the villages will be a normal strategy IMO

DeletedUser

The church you begin with in your first village cannot be damaged...churches after that can be. (as far as my understanding goes)
Don't know, tbh. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that they can't be damaged, it may have been just your first one, but I went back to look at the world settings and it didn't say anything about damaging the church.

DeletedUser

in my opinion churches are gonna either
A) add a new element to long range nobling
or
B)Kill it entirely

after a certain point when one enters a war, you will most likely be nobling 24 hours away from your other villages and honestly, how does one expect to send nukes knowing they will only work at 1/2 ability? either you will be stuck doing that, or clever ones might noble a barby and quick throw upa church

DeletedUser

in my opinion churches are gonna either
A) add a new element to long range nobling
or
B)Kill it entirely

after a certain point when one enters a war, you will most likely be nobling 24 hours away from your other villages and honestly, how does one expect to send nukes knowing they will only work at 1/2 ability? either you will be stuck doing that, or clever ones might noble a barby and quick throw upa church

I believe that you are confusing the concept.

DeletedUser

I'm excited about the church. I'm very interested about the radius. :)

DeletedUser

This part:

how does one expect to send nukes knowing they will only work at 1/2 ability?

When attacking, your troops fighting ability depends on the belief of the source village.

When defending, your troops fighting ability depends on the village the action takes place in.

DeletedUser

I want to see someone build a church on all of their villages. lol

DeletedUser

oh, i thought that if the troops attack went more than 8 spaces away from a church then they fought at 50% capacity

DeletedUser

I think my church villages will either be defensive or scouting villages. You'd have to be retarded to send a 1000 lc 3500 axe 100 ram nuke.