What Ever Happened To...???

• Thread starter ShadowGod Deathwing
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Are you sure it wasn't her? I could have sworn it was her and din't she reply to to the DNY war declaration on the forums too?
Anacharsis replied in declaration topic on the day VIRUSe disbanded, sept 23rd. (Link to topic)

Atlantia Left 18th September 2008 - 01:00 2,125,304

DeletedUser

Woot Woot, Lol all i remember is that i had attacks coming from VirusE and Fusion, most of all the attacks i cleared tho lol :p

slinkiestwizard

I think this says it all , plus he was able to see into the future. I believe Ana was as innactive as everyone else at that time as well though admitted tothe dissbanning. That would explain why it was never spoken abount in skype. Cracker contact the real therin he may have all the insight you need according to the last line. Thanks for doing the homework Mr Blonde

TPandrews
Q.F.T.

When I left originally I was sitting over 10 accounts worth of inactives, and that wasn't even close to the bulk of them. Top that off with one duke leaving to focus on w19 and another due to real life... leaving just a few overstressed and overstretched barons to run the show and you have a bad recipe. We definitely became the new -R- in essence, and quickly. The deafening silence from the south definitely should have spoken volumes.

All the crap aside we did support Oots. (lots of inactives makes that easy :icon_wink:) but never got going offensively enough and DNY was able to successfully manipulate the other tribes to side with them (although I can't fault them for going with skilled, active folks over dozens of inactives) rendering this world even more boring and further compounding the inactivity issue for many in VIRUSe. This world truly is becoming into one big dumb cakewalk as DNY will slowly turn on the tribes who are its "buddies" now after sufficiently nobling a bunch of VIRUSe inactives (my money's on RIMJOB being the first to go next). The world as a whole has basically handed what shreds are left of this mess of a world over to DNY through all of our actions up to this point basically, VIRUSe included in that. We screwed ourselves with the leadership void and hanging on to NAP's we shouldn't have, combined with the Oots. declaration and then disappearance of those that saw to this declaration taking place.

Sorry about all this to those whose hearts were still in this from VIRUSe, you deserved better. Well played DNY... hope inactivity doesn't kill you guys off as you go through the motions for the rest of this world.

When I get around to it I'll try and write something to my buddy Therin about what exactly went down for anyone who might actually care.

Last edited:

Ray Joakim

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Ray if your gonna talk crap find a bathroom and talk to the bowl.Other than try and discredit everything i say all you do is bring garbage to the table. Im only stating what i saw in the villages of the players i sat and what was spoken in Skype.

Sorry but you're an ignorant, rubbish BSW player, you know/knew nothing lol

DeletedUser

TP is trying to save a lot more face than he is entitled to though.
Oots. had the exact same problem with inactives and Howl and Brutus becoming highly inactive, due to different reasons (rl). And with Pawen getting massed, leadership was down to a minimum as well. Still 2 months was a lot more than VIRUSe managed.

And together with that, what has VIRUSe ever accomplished? VIRUS was a strong upcoming force once, but what did the "e" add to that?

He talked about the whole world, of which they were part of, should have done something. NO. VIRUSe had the best chance for doing that, but they didn't/couldn't do anything. No way, you can make it about the whole world, if you don't do anything yourself, once you have had the chance.

Don't hide behind inactivity or lack of leadership. The tribe as a whole failed, that is the whole point! opportunity was knocking, but VIRUSe never answered the door, end of story...

slinkiestwizard

I wont argue with you Mr , totally agree, they did nothing. The innactivity was a big problem it was over 50% at one point. The leadership was there they just became over whelmed,to many sits it tore the heart out of them.

Lets just put it this way, and im sure everone will understand, when you sign on at night and theres a full leadership room then 60 days latter theres 2 players disscussing all there sits ,at that point you no its over.

I believe in order for this game to work players need to have fun with it, when the fun stops and it becomes work then its a job.That in the nutshell was the problem. I wish this world could be afforded a redo , it cant happen no sence even talking about it . i think many would agree though Viruse had great players and just never got it together.
Same old story to few doing the work of many.

Im sure the same could be said about tribes like TD, they were great out of the gate but at the end they were just an empty shell of themselves.

If one thing could be said about DNY they knew how to hold it together and cut there losses when they needed to , a good core of players will do that for you .

DeletedUser

"Great players" do not make a great tribe. Tribe is more important than its players. When tribe is lousy run, the players become rather useless as well, especially if none of them steps up to help out leadership.

VIRUSe was a lousy tribe. I said this from the beginning, but perhaps you were affraid it was about the players. It was mainly leadership, but none of the players did anything as it seemed to help either...

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Cracker contact the real therin he may have all the insight you need according to the last line.

Would the real Therin please stand up please stand up.

Addiction over. I have way too much time on my hands so I'm just reading TW forums again. And if anyone wants my input on this, I'll try to recall whatever information you need.

Damn I miss the FARM crew. Well done to King of Kings on his dominance down there.

DeletedUser

wb

Spray whatever input you want on this topic in here.
Please also state your function at that time.

DeletedUser

Ohai ther Therin.

Welcome back. Please note: W12 sucks now :lol:

DeletedUser

Timmish, what are you still doing here than?

Posting every now and again, whenever there's anything exciting. The usual Slinky vs DNY fails to excite me. I'm not actually playing, I think you know that. I hope so anyway :lol:

DeletedUser

They should make that forbidden. Trolling these fora without playing... (yes, sadly I know something about you)

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
wb

Spray whatever input you want on this topic in here.
Please also state your function at that time.

I'm not really sure what anyone wants to know about any of this old history truth be told, but I'll include a little something.

[spoil]OK first thing first - at this point I was already located in K30, but had migrated to K84 to my old cluster infact thanks to some gifted villages from tpandrews and another inactive account. I was not in, nor have been in VIRUS though I knew quite alot of the players in Ks 74,75,84 and 85 (this included tpandrews) So my "function" as such was nothing more than a friend of TP, having been his duke previously and his compatriot still.

Put simply - the leaders got utterly demotivated and stopped caring. The player base was inactive, and quite a few of the members were untested and had no real war experince (or not on anything approaching this scale). As such the leaders were forced to take on more and more of the burden onto themselves and as can be exspected, they themselves quit. This left people such as tp (a baron I beleive) with no information and little hope of acheiving anything. In the end it was easier (and cleaner) to simply cave. There is no point in playing this game as a chore rather than as a hobby.

Now I'm not defending VIRUSe here. They blew their chance - they did not capitalise on DNY's war with Oots even remotely approaching its full potential. VIRUSe had grown fat on too much inactive eating and letting the dead weight hang on.[/spoil]

They should make that forbidden. Trolling these fora without playing... (yes, sadly I know something about you)

Oi, does that include me yer lordship?

DeletedUser

Oi, does that include me yer lordship?
Oh, wow, lordship? Cut it out. :)
But no, that does not include you. I wouldn't call it trollling, what you do here. More like explaining a certain part of history. ;-) Besides, you actually were part of this game and this world, unlike some others. But anyway, enough of that.

What I think is funny, is that you emphasize on the lack of quality among the players, leadership in VIRUSe had to deal with, whereas SW was just saying the complete opposite. You mention inexperienced players that were never part of a serious war and dead weight, where he spoke about a lot of quality players with a lack of leadership.
What should I believe? Or was it both inexperienced and lack of leadership and was the break up of VIRUS (no "e") the real end of that tribe after all and was VIRUSe just a collection of points? ;-) (kinda like Oots. original vs DNY's Oots.)

DeletedUser

Anacharsis replied in declaration topic on the day VIRUSe disbanded, sept 23rd. (Link to topic)

Atlantia Left 18th September 2008 - 01:00 2,125,304

man it almost seems that the orignial oots and virus where responsible for the fall of w12 to DNY. rimjob was former oots that later merged into fusion to make PnP they cracked then some merged into FEMA now Fema falls

no wonder DNY had so many nuke for FEMA they never had anyone stick around long enough to take some FEMA and BSW lasted the longest against DNY though

slinkiestwizard

The usual Slinky vs DNY fails to excite me. QUOTE]

Timmish when have i attacked DNY on these forums in the past 4 months? I think i have basically congratulated them.
Therin cracker was looking for you he was looking to post from players who knew what was going on inside virus.

As TP said he would tell you everything , maybee you got more insight then me , i was only there at the end in skype , yet had no idea of them disbanning the tribe .

Mr Blonde i stated there were many good players , at the end the innactivity was the players who called it quits. That directly reflected on the leadership , as i said i dont blame them for having had enough.

I also stated that i blamed the former leader of Elite for this worlds demise as he created conflict with Viruse and TD also BSW as i no it.

Im not defending never was just stating what i saw , i will also its long over and not worth a hill of beans the only thing that matters in this world now is DNY and the rest of the world

Tiberiusbc

Oh, wow, lordship? Cut it out. :)
But no, that does not include you. I wouldn't call it trollling, what you do here. More like explaining a certain part of history. ;-) Besides, you actually were part of this game and this world, unlike some others. But anyway, enough of that.

What I think is funny, is that you emphasize on the lack of quality among the players, leadership in VIRUSe had to deal with, whereas SW was just saying the complete opposite. You mention inexperienced players that were never part of a serious war and dead weight, where he spoke about a lot of quality players with a lack of leadership.
What should I believe? Or was it both inexperienced and lack of leadership and was the break up of VIRUS (no "e") the real end of that tribe after all and was VIRUSe just a collection of points? ;-) (kinda like Oots. original vs DNY's Oots.)

Virus was disbanded because duke privs were mistakenly given to a jackass who disbanded the tribe, which if I remember correctly was reformed within 24hrs. Someone took the original name while it was disbanded so Viruse was chosen, and a little PR spin was placed on it.

Anacharsis disbanded Viruse and barbed his account because he was sick of all of the accounts that were being sat and because he believed that the world had ceased to be fun, ie DNY just manipulating the tribes around them and recruiting their top players so that there wasn't any real exciting or formidable challenge. He wasn't the only duke at the time, but he decided to take it upon himself to make the decision.

Viruse went down hill after atlantia and others left/went inactive. There were still players who were large active and skilled, but there was a huge amount of dead weight.

Viruse was still running fine, until a decent amount of players and part of the leadership left because of RL. This game takes an immense amount of time in order to be played well. A lot of players eventually come to the decision that they've played for long enough and they no longer have the time to manage massive accounts. That was what killed the tribe (The active players found new homes and continued on.). It had very little if anything to do with DNY warring them.

Trolling Ray Joakim? Is that any different from what you're doing?
Ignorant / Rubbish player?

Demeaning others on an online forum may give you an artificial and temporary sense of self worth. If you get the chance, let me know how long it lasts after you've stepped away from your PC and taken a look in a mirror.

Slinky I believe that you're referring to Bahlool when speaking about Elite leadership...Hope you didn't mean me lol.

Those were fun times. Bahlool was given a stint in -TD- by Wasteful and moved around to reform a new tribe after the fall of -R- ---> Elite

Wasteful had to leave the game for Rl reasons and made what seemed at the time to be a good decision to merge top -TD- players into Elite.

This just caused a mess... Bahlool Dohol and kamaliut really didn't get along too well. Kam - #1 player quit, and gifted vills to outside the tribe, and racist remarks were exchanged between he and bahlool. Dohol just wanted to kill everything and make demands without any tact and Bahlool successfully ticked off every tribe around us FEMA, Viruse, DNY and pretty much lead a personal war against Zed which went horribly and pretty much only had a handful of Elite fighting it.

After that it was pretty much downhill. DNY making the world rather boring with alliances and destroying tribes through recruitment.