Newsletter #1 - 2009-11-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear Players,

Welcome to the first official Tribalwars.net newsletter! From now on we’re going to send this out via the mail system every two weeks or so to help keep everyone informed. There’s a lot going on at Tribalwars HQ and we know it’s sometimes hard to keep track of everything.

Start of world 43

We’ll be starting our 43rd world later today between 13:00 and 15:00 server time. World 43’s settings mimic some of our older worlds so if you’re an old school player be sure to check it out! If you’ve recently joined Tribalwars and are interested in finding out what the old TW was like this would also be an ideal chance. The world will be running at speed 1, with no archers and the package-based noble system.

Those of you who play our older worlds will know that once the player limit decreases sufficiently we run a survey on the world to see if players would like noblemen to be half price. The idea is that this will allow players to train more nobles and so boost activity. With World 43 we ran a global survey to decide whether the world will start with this setting and the results were overwhelming positive. 86.68 per cent of the votes were for the setting to be implemented, so as promised, W43 will start with half priced nobles!

For the full list of settings please click here.

Spotlight: The fake limit setting

We’ll admit that there was some confusion after the recent survey we ran on the fake limit, mainly due to our poor explanation. Sorry about that, we mucked up. In each newsletter we’ll concentrate on one specific game feature/setting and try to explain it in detail.

The fake limit setting basically sets a minimum amount of troops you can send per attack from each village. The ‘fake limit’ name is actually rather deceptive, as it does not prevent you from sending fake attacks, instead making it so that you can send fewer.

The minimum amount of troops you can send per attack is based on the village’s points. On all our current worlds that have the fake limit enabled the minimum is set to 1%. For example, if you had a village with exactly 10,000 points, you would only be able to send attacks with a minimum of 100 units.

If your village has only 5,000 points, you would be required to include at least 50 units in your attack.

We hope this clears up any confusion on this setting!

Player questions

Have you ever wanted to ask the Tribalwars team why you can’t play multiple accounts if they don’t interact? What’s our favorite beer? Do we really live on cheeseburgers and fries? Does our forum admin really live in a cave in Sweden?

In all future newsletters we’ll choose a random 20 or so questions that you have submitted to answer as honestly as possible. To submit a question please send an email to questions@tribalwars.net. Thanks!

Things to check out...

We advertised a need for more in-game supporters recently. Just to clarify, this is very much a continuous process, not a one off. We are constantly hiring new volunteers and go back to review all the submitted applications when doing so. Just because you’re not contacted in the near future doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance!

If you’d still like to apply, please find the application template here and click here to submit your application.

Quicksilver99 has written a great guide on our public forums about using attack IDs to help identify incoming attacks. If you’re a larger player be sure to check it out here.

As always, make sure you’re familiar with our rules.

We’ve also resurrected our lonely-looking twitter account and we’ll be making sure to keep it updated in the future. If you think you can bear our ramblings please follow us here: http://twitter.com/Tribalwarsnet.

Staff changes

Many of you will know that Lizy has been the Community Manager for Tribalwars for the last year or so. It is with great sadness that we announce Lizy departed from our team in early October. We’d like to thank Lizy for all the hard work and dedication she gave the game during that time.

However, the show must go on, and we’d like to welcome JustToner, slytown, truscott6 and killabeast to our team as moderators for our public forum. Jehosophat has also returned from a break to help out with in-game support. Congratulations!

We’ve also recently promoted Calis88 to our Senior In-game Support staff. Congratulations on this well-deserved promotion!

-------------------------------------------------------------

We’ll be posting all newsletters in our public forum, with replies enabled. We’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have so please do reply here to let us know how we’re doing!

Kind regards,

Jon “Morthy” Dawson
Acting Community Manager

mattcurr

Good to see that the team is attempting to more actively involve themselves with the community to keep them informed.

DeletedUser

Very nice. I very much enjoy the fact that you are attempting stronger interactions and sharing of information. I think this will go a long way to putting a face on the Tribal Wars team.

DeletedUser

The only suggestion i would have is in the report section, i would like to have a filter so you can turn off friends requests and account sitting requests.I know you can deny them but they are annoying to get in the first place.

DeletedUser

I just looked at your Twitter account. I'm sorry, but someone had to say it. Every single post as an Advertisement. Anyone following is already in love with the game, so could you just simmer down on the ads.

DeletedUser656

I just looked at your Twitter account. I'm sorry, but someone had to say it. Every single post as an Advertisement. Anyone following is already in love with the game, so could you just simmer down on the ads.

Noted and addressed!

DeletedUser

good news letter

by time someone put a news letter out.
new people do have a hard time finding thing that go on in the tw world

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Congratulations on one step towards better relations towards the TW community :)

DeletedUser

very nice addition, well put together and thought out thanks

Shadryk 01

Not bad. Great way to summarize info. Candid language is also better than something that looks like it came from a PR dept. More than that, communication like this should help improve community relations, which would really benefit TW.

....not sure about the pink doughnut, tho. :p

DeletedUser

I'm just bummed about Lizy's leaving of Tribal Wars :icon_cry:

I know that she will be sorely missed by the TW community and I wish her all the best for the future!

On another note, great summary Morthy and I sure as hell hope to see it becoming a monthly event?

DeletedUser62440

Can I suggest we have this section in a new section near forum moderation or something. seeing as this is just discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.