The end of Sunny - cheaper than I thought!

DeletedUser

That is an excellent idea! We've discussed it internally, and decided that we wanted to give you something to show how much we care about you. Won't give you a month though, we don't like you that much :icon_wink:

Five days sounds about right to us. You have our solemn promise that we will not kill a single LSHRV soldier or noble a single LSHRV village on December 24-26, December 31 and January 1. Happy holidays!

The first attack break will start at 00:00 on December 24th, and end at 00:00 on December 27th, lasting exactly 3 days.

The second break will start at 00:00 on December 31st, and end at 00:00 on January 2nd, lasting exactly 2 days.

little bit longger :xmas tongue:

DeletedUser

Hey mich that gives me deja vu, I seem to remember something that looked very similar happening:

Defender: giaxbe

Quantity: 0 0 3393 0 1470 0 162 0 3
Losses: 0 0 3393 0 1470 0 162 0 3

those poor six noblemen, what had they ever done eh? and yet they were left to face attacks that had been incoming for 250 hours without so much as a spearman to their names, for shame.

I think claims that the stats will look very different in 1-2 months are a bit unlikely, if the war changed seamlessly from the speed we've been taking villages to the exact opposite tomorrow it would still take three months to level the stats. Unless you all have some secret plan to start nobling at three times the rate we've been taking villages off you your going to spend the first three months of this supposed turnaround in the war taking back your own villages anyway. Mind you I suppose you do have about 600 more noblemen still to your name than us over the past three months, unless you treat all of them like those six of giaxbe's of course.

DeletedUser

The first attack break will start at 00:00 on December 24th, and end at 00:00 on December 27th, lasting exactly 3 days.

The second break will start at 00:00 on December 31st, and end at 00:00 on January 2nd, lasting exactly 2 days.

little bit longger :xmas tongue:

na, we will manage to kill troops even on that date ;)

DeletedUser78416

If we wanted to clear him, we wouldn't try 40-50 villages at once, nor would we send the nukes from areas like K91 and K72. But yes, he's getting softened up a bit...not quite ready to eat yet, but getting nice and tender :icon_twisted:

You'd better get some better tenderizer and a bigger cleaver...giaxbe isnt going anywhere...

MichielK

You'd better get some better tenderizer and a bigger cleaver...giaxbe isnt going anywhere...

He put up quite a nice fight, but we'll get him sooner or later...there's always a bigger cleaver out there :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser78416

They taste bitter to me, and besides, they are full of troops...

:icon_surprised:

DeletedUser

I think people will excuse me for breaking my own forum-ban with these latest developments, i guess ive kinda ive ended up being the one whose thoughts r most relevant for once and therefore some of u might wanna hear them...

Ive tried to read through as many comments as possible and have a head full of points i now want to add, apologies if this ends up rather disjointed :icon_confused:

Firstly, our decision to join LSHRV was made by our council and there was indeed some of us that were against it but we have been a democratic tribe since our inception and the system has served us well thus far. Consequently we have many players who want to continue fighting LSHRV as u can see from posts in the this thread. However, i will say that they will all honour my instruction and they will play hard for our new tribe. Therefore no amount of propaganda will work here... for gods sake we had the entire W16 players and tribes going at us with insults, propaganda and bias, we know how to ignore that and get to work ingame. Saying that, from what ive read from C² all of their posts r very justified and polite and are asking all the right questions... this ill try to address here.

Looking at the merger from a non-biased overview of W16 this merger by far benefits LSHRV more than us. They lose a battlefront which frees up alot of their troops, make a friend in an experienced warring tribe, gain good players, look forward to revitalising their existing players upon seeing cavalry riding over there hill (couldnt resist that analogy lol), activity goes up meaning less sat accounts, almost all stats will swing in their favour... us on the otherhand have lived in the fire of war forever and know how to fight against all odds and grow, our enemies size, troopcount and skills never phase us, we see these as challenges not hinderances. We are almost 100% active and have an extremely efficient fighting force (something its nice to see has been noticed), we were happy to carry on playing the way we have been for as long as it took. We gain new bigger and arguably better players to our team, the map opens up for consumption, we are given a much better chance of seeing end-game.

Personally i agree with many people in this thread that this change doesnt actually make much difference to the C² war with LSHRV. Does anyone really think that our support will tip the balance? It concerns me that we are talking about support which is all about defense and not our nukes added to the fight which is all about offense. U cant win a war with defense as we all know lol... can u now tell im the one who put together almost all of our successful ops on LSHRV :icon_wink:. So like MicheilK quite rightly points out 'A good friend is worth more than a few villages.' - its about our players not how many villages or troops we bring to the table. Its our veteran players who will add to the LSHRV wareffort and thats what should concern C²...

Our leadership had to make decisions for the long term benefit of all Dust/Sunny players and the obvious choice is dictated by geography. I want to say publicly that our players in no way surrendered and were not giving in. I personally dont believe C² wouldve necessarily gone for us after LSHRV and dont agree at all that they are in anyway less trustworthy than any other top10 tribe. They declared on LSHRV cos they were simply the obvious next target, I as a tribe leader wouldve done the same. C² admit their players were getting bored which us leaders know is actually a serious issue cos a bored player is one that goes red and disappears. Any previous diplo was relevant but can hardly be considered backstabbing or untrustworthy behaviour. Personally i cant believe a tribe whose livened up this world is actually getting slated for it (hint plight declare war on someone!), something Dust always been trying to do! lol

Likewise with LS & HRV, we always knew we would be on their menu once we met on the map and they didnt disappoint. Another great fighting force who should be commended for their warring ways. Although, considering one of the main criticisms against me is my lack of dilpo ability, i must say that both of their leadership let them down at this point. Something id also level at C² over the past few months when we couldve been allies against a common enemy, and also at the time u got wind of our offer of a merger (ill come back to this). U all couldve done much much better...

We couldve been close allies with C² but they did announce on these forums that they dont want any contact with us at all and that they wanted to fight LSHRV in their own war. This decision could turn out to be a regret of thiers, i know we were disappointed with this standpoint. However, with both of us fighting a common enemy some of us have spoken ingame and relations are actually ok. Its probably our players who have not spoken to C² that fear they will be future food tbh. I want to also correct alexhol and inform him that C² are correct that they did discuss with me diplomacy between us but this was in response to LSHRV discussions. My point is that u guys made an error of judgment that we wouldnt ever make relations with LSHRV, tbh i was the same so maybe this is a lesson to all of us. The hatred between us was possibly the deepest than any other 2 tribes in the history of this world afterall! (i might be corrected here lol)

2) I don't understand Sunny's decision. I read that it was a choice between merging with HRV or getting killed by C² eventually...but that's a false assumption. If they kept fighting LSHRV, they'd have nothing to fear from us.

tbh u shouldnt be surprised at all. None of our players have ever heard any clear compliments from C² during this war, in fact our memories of these forums has been clearly directed abuse against us from everyone. With that in mind ru therefore surprised that when our council met to discuss LSHRV offer most of them feared we are considered longterm food for u?

Admittedly some halfhearted nicities have been dropped since the C²/LSHRV war but nothing definitive which made us feel part a collective enterprise. I guess its never been cool for anyone to say anything positive publicly about Dust or Sunny lol

Our independance from any form of diplo agreements on this world has left a door wide open for any brave top tribe to come and speak to us and sadly LSHRV have beaten u to it. U all know my preference would never have been to choose them but in TW sometimes decisions make themselves according to whats on the table...

but you dont see me coming on here crying about everything do you?

It is what it is...what makes you so special that you have to come on here and basically slander everything we do?

Does this look familiar?

MK how does it feel that when u make a perfectly genuine posting thats intended to ask a few questions, make a few points and add a little humour and someone comes on and accuses u of crying about things and slandering... hmmmm

Thats right I had to put up with this too and we all know where that went :icon_wink: my advice is to cut through these posts and engage with the serious people worth discussing with...

I haven't heard 1 mention of the support you all have been getting from Plight for months on the front with us. Don't even try to deny it.

This is possibly the single most important point in this thread because plight r effectively 1 or 2 major decisions away from winning this world and what they do next is therefore key...

If Sunny can turn that around (and keep it turned around, mind you!), I'll be thoroughly impressed.

If they put me in charge then that turn around is guaranteed! :lol:

Ende

PS its a shame that we didnt get a chance to make the announcement cos i think LSHRV wanted to make some important points surrounding the merger.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser78416

For one that was entirely too long

For two, maybe you should reread the initial posts again. Michiel's posts are 90% full of slander and basically poking fun at LSHRV and how much C² is dominating us, etc., etc.

It does get old after awhile.

But, you dont know what I know, poor ende, thus you are-as always- blind to the truth and what people really say.

Carry on...:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

For two, maybe you should reread the initial posts again. Michiel's posts are 90% full of slander and basically poking fun at LSHRV and how much C² is dominating us, etc., etc.

But, you dont know what I know, poor ende, thus you are-as always- blind to the truth and what people really say.

Could you show how MK is slandering? I have to say, I very much agree with what Ende has said. I think he displayed a nonbiased point of view in his message and it deserves recognition. Now, I do disagree with how much of an impact the merge will make. Offense and noble trains coming from K98 are going to be very easy to pinpoint and defend against. However, I think Ende really stepped it up a notch with this post.

I do want to clarify one thing. While I agree many people find it cool to bash on Dust/Sunny, that's not the only reason why C² were indifferent towards you guys. If we at C² had said "Yes, we're pairing up with Dust/Sunny to fight LSHRV," then it becomes a 2v1 war. Not that it wasn't anyway, since we were technically both fighting LSHRV at the same time, but turning it into a coordinated effort would reflect badly upon us. Other tribes, allies of LSHRV, might look at that and say "Hmm... 2v1 isn't very fair. We should attack one of LSHRV's attackers to balance the war. Since Dust/Sunny is completely encased in LSHRV, it would be inefficient to war them. Let's kill the Carnage instead!" Clearly, I'm exaggerating the dialogue, but the gist is clear. Vocally and publicly allying ourselves with Dust/Sunny players would have been bad for us. However, I believe that C²/Dust diplomacy does not need to be discussed in front of tribes who have no business hearing it (i.e. everybody but C² and Dust/Sunny).

Now we both know that the C² leadership was in contact with the Dust/Sunny leadership, and I've been informed that Dust/Sunny was told that any player who stood and fought against LSHRV would be respected by C². You say that many Dust/Sunny players were fearful of C² because we rarely praised them on the global forums, but why weren't our diplomatic messages shared with the rest of your tribe? It leads me to believe that a majority of Dust/Sunny players were unaware of your contact with C² diplomats and it frightens me that those players might have acted out of misinformation. I've explained why C² couldn't act overtly friendly on the global forums, but why couldn't Dust leadership share the friendly information with their tribemates? How many other secrets are you keeping from them?

DeletedUser

Stop posting long posts! I cba to read them! (and i dont have enough time)

So, whatever ende said, it probobly had some truthful facts in it, and some random stuff in it. But either way, its the longest post ive ever seen! Then gammy, i dont think all Michaels posts were slandering, some are, most arent. Most have logic in them. Then there are those that are flaming posts and slandering. But theres only 1 or 2 out of like 50...

DeletedUser

Now we both know that the C² leadership was in contact with the Dust/Sunny leadership, and I've been informed that Dust/Sunny was told that any player who stood and fought against LSHRV would be respected by C². You say that many Dust/Sunny players were fearful of C² because we rarely praised them on the global forums, but why weren't our diplomatic messages shared with the rest of your tribe? It leads me to believe that a majority of Dust/Sunny players were unaware of your contact with C² diplomats and it frightens me that those players might have acted out of misinformation. I've explained why C² couldn't act overtly friendly on the global forums, but why couldn't Dust leadership share the friendly information with their tribemates? How many other secrets are you keeping from them?

I have to agree with Shadow on this point I ( an active member of the tribe ) was never informed of any diplomacy infact i wasnt invited to vote about the merge. However i would have voted the same way so in no way am i saying the leaders have made a wrong decision, but there are a few people in the tribe who at first were not happy with the way the merge was decided i mean surely if we are almost 100% active we could have let everyone have a vote, but its too late to dicuss this now so lets just get on with it and stop this childish squabbling and get on with it after all fo most of us this is just a game and the aim of all games is to win.

DeletedUser

No that was not to long. If you had not talked on the forum in months then you would have a lot to say as well.

And we must not slander each other :icon_cry:, ende was not being mean gammy he was simply making a point.

Could you show how MK is slandering? I have to say, I very much agree with what Ende has said. I think he displayed a nonbiased point of view in his message and it deserves recognition. Now, I do disagree with how much of an impact the merge will make. Offense and noble trains coming from K98 are going to be very easy to pinpoint and defend against. However, I think Ende really stepped it up a notch with this post.

I do want to clarify one thing. While I agree many people find it cool to bash on Dust/Sunny, that's not the only reason why C² were indifferent towards you guys. If we at C² had said "Yes, we're pairing up with Dust/Sunny to fight LSHRV," then it becomes a 2v1 war. Not that it wasn't anyway, since we were technically both fighting LSHRV at the same time, but turning it into a coordinated effort would reflect badly upon us. Other tribes, allies of LSHRV, might look at that and say "Hmm... 2v1 isn't very fair. We should attack one of LSHRV's attackers to balance the war. Since Dust/Sunny is completely encased in LSHRV, it would be inefficient to war them. Let's kill the Carnage instead!" Clearly, I'm exaggerating the dialogue, but the gist is clear. Vocally and publicly allying ourselves with Dust/Sunny players would have been bad for us. However, I believe that C²/Dust diplomacy does not need to be discussed in front of tribes who have no business hearing it (i.e. everybody but C² and Dust/Sunny).

You make good points, but what tribe does tell there members everything and how long has that tribe lasted?

And yes there you go again trying to give us doubts and such. I admit, there are things my tribe keeps from its members, but I also know that it is for the best. There are so many dang spys now a days. Really annoying actually. :icon_cry:

MichielK

Nice post, Ende. You answered and clarified a lot of the things we asked about.

As a result, I'll try to keep my response shorter than usual and only clarify a few things:

First off, thanks for keeping an open mind. I didn't think my posts were slanderous to either LSHRV or Sunny, and the fact that you don't think they were confirms that.

The reason we did not share operational details with Sunny was because both we and you indicated that we wanted a fair fight. That way, when we beat LSHRV it would be a true victory for both our tribes that wouldn't be marred by talks of "gangbanging".

I'll admit we did underestimate the possibility of a LSHRV-Sunny merger. Given the sentiment between LSHRV and Sunny in the past (and apparently now :icon_eek:), we simply did not find it likely to happen. Even when we were contacted about the merger possibility, we didn't realise we were expected to "win a bidding war", plus we thought our intentions towards Sunny was clear. We were wrong, I guess...damn shame too.

I do disagree that this merger increases your chances of seeing the endgame. Keeping LSHRV at bay would have done that. Now, you need to fix LSHRV's inactivity problem and keep us at bay...you may do it, but saying your chances improved is a stretch.

Finally, I think this post serves as a nice goodbye of sorts to Sunny. Despite a rough start, I think most of the world eventually warmed up to you. The neutral part of me (yes, I have one :icon_razz:) is kinda sad that Sunny is no more...love them or hate them, but you can't deny that they spiced up W16.

MK

DeletedUser

us sunny player might not fight under the dust tag but we are still here its not the end of dust its the new beiggine as for some one said about spoting k98 nobles come on mate only idiot would send attacks that far with nobles most of us sunny/dust players will see yous up at front lines soon peaces the wombat ps ende to long of a message

Kreamer

I vote that Ende come out of silence and start posting regularly again because when he finally does start talking after a long time of not talking... well its too long for me to even really make an attempt to care for reading it... sorry...

DeletedUser

I vote that Ende come out of silence and start posting regularly again because when he finally does start talking after a long time of not talking... well its too long for me to even really make an attempt to care for reading it... sorry...

No offense here but I don't understand that. I have heard several folks say that Ende's post was to long: If you read slowly it takes possibly 10 min out of your life? If he took the time and thought to write the post (presumably more than 10 min) wouldn't it be worth your time to read it? Particularly if it was well thought out and insightful (which I thought it was)?

DeletedUser

No offense here but I don't understand that. I have heard several folks say that Ende's post was to long: If you read slowly it takes possibly 10 min out of your life? If he took the time and thought to write the post (presumably more than 10 min) wouldn't it be worth your time to read it? Particularly if it was well thought out and insightful (which I thought it was)?

qft, i think it was well thought out and insightful as well....

if you cant be bothered to read it then dont, but you cant complain about its length as ende had alot to say and if he'd done it short enough for you to want to read, it wouldn't have made much sense in the end.