Newsletter #7 - 2010-02-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

why is it that way? xS I mean almost everyone posted in the suggestion forums that they wanted a 1.5+ speed world, with no archers, and yet we got a 1 speed world, whose responsible for the settings of the new worlds ?

The administrators who you campaigned for speed 1.5x worlds to had no say in the settings this time. Read back to see Morthy say this very clearly. In order to test the new version 6.0 properly, they needed to use BASIC SETTINGS to make things as simple as possible. The DEVELOPERS insisted speed 1 be used. It helps them to have an ideal testing environment, and if something goes wrong, its easier to fix. Why? I dont know, im not a game developer. But I understand the logic.

If the administrators choose speed 1 or less for the next world they have a say in, then complain away. But now isnt the time.

2004 Artemis

With the box that will pop up to warn us that we are attacking a claimed village, are we going to have to click through it every time we want to send an attack to that village? Will it pop up as we click attack, or when we click "OK"?

A lot of the time I co-ordinate with other people on villages I won't be taking myself, and it would be good to know if this text box popping up is going to be an issue.

I have a feeling it'll probably implemented similar to the warning you get for attacking with a noble by itself, just a message in red on the attack confirmation screen.

DeletedUser656

With the box that will pop up to warn us that we are attacking a claimed village, are we going to have to click through it every time we want to send an attack to that village? Will it pop up as we click attack, or when we click "OK"?

A lot of the time I co-ordinate with other people on villages I won't be taking myself, and it would be good to know if this text box popping up is going to be an issue.

It will not be intrusive.

DeletedUser

The starting time for the worlds is between 10:00 and 15:00 server time

Are we going to get a more precise time of the start of W47 , other than between these times ?
Also are we going to be able to choose the direction of where we start from ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The starting time for the worlds is between 10:00 and 15:00 server time

Are we going to get a more precise time of the start of W47 , other than between these times ?
Also are we going to be able to choose the direction of where we start from ?

The exact time may be announced with the full list of settings. As will the option to choose which direction. But they might not make it a precise time - in which case people need to be paying attention is all :lol:

Garrock

They don't typically give a precise time.. they offer a start-up window... it just opens inside that window.

However.. 47 will be released first... then 48. Likely 47 will release on the front side of that window.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Almost certain settings for w47 unless they change something last minute:

Settings
Game speed 1
Unit speed 1
Demolish buildings active
Morale active (time based)
farm rule not active
Basic defense 20
Fake limit not active
Research system Simple research system
Church not active
Automatically growing barbarian villages active (up to 1500 Points)
Bonus villages Advanced bonus villages
cancellation period for attacks 10 minutes
cancellation period for trade 5 minutes
night bonus not active
beginner protection 5 days
maximum relation Attacker : Defender not active
Units
Archers active
Scouting system The scout can see troops, buildings and resources.
Paladin activated, can find items
The items have been enhanced.
Nobleman
increasing noble prices Gold coins
Rebuild lost noblemen cheap active
maximum noble distance 1000 Fields (adds up to about 583 hours duration)
Loyalty decrease for noble attacks 20-35
Loyalty increase per hour 1
Configuration
opponents defeated ranking active, depending on points
account sitting active
restriction for permanent account sitting active, starting at 60 days active sitting during the last 120 days
free trade active, limited by the time of the start of the player on this world
Map system 1000x1000 - Continent
New map graphics Yes
Orientation active
Start date 23 February 2010
Version 6994 6.0

DeletedUser

Can you guys increase the game window size? Its so small.

Too small :icon_eek:... for you maybe... Mine is at 100% and I still have to use as scroll to look at much during the game.

Maybe you need to increase the magnification on your computer.

DeletedUser

Can you build army camps over any amount of distances?

For instance, can you build one like 60 hours away in the middle for your enemies core?

Another question. Say you have one village and one army camp. Your village gets nobled. Do you still have the army camp?

DeletedUser71397

are there any plans for a new world with church AND army camps?

DeletedUser

Will army camps make you able to make a bigger nuke ?
Like 10 people send 2000 axes and 2000 lc + 100 rams..

then the army camp can send out 1 attack as big as 20.000 axe 20.000 LC and 1000 rams ?

DeletedUser

Will army camps make you able to make a bigger nuke ?
Like 10 people send 2000 axes and 2000 lc + 100 rams..

then the army camp can send out 1 attack as big as 20.000 axe 20.000 LC and 1000 rams ?

Good question that will be really great fun. Will there be any limit whatsoever of the amount of troops you can have in the army camp?

If the answer to both the above questions is yes, then we have a chance of making a new name for an big nuke. perhaps we could use a symbol like :lightcavalry::axemen:. Just an idea

Also, If this rule is implemented will the general skill of tw go up or down?

DeDeKmRaZ

i have premium acc i got when i reached 500 points, am i able to play tw with mobile phone while i have that kind of premium acc? and how can i play cuz i went on a tribalwars page and there wasnt log option

Mc Burner

Army camps

Since army camps can be put up at any location, can they also be attacked? Can they be destroyed or nobled (like can I take over an army camp so I don't have to use gold coins to build my own).

Status
Not open for further replies.