Newsletter #7 - 2010-02-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Since army camps can be put up at any location, can they also be attacked? Can they be destroyed or nobled (like can I take over an army camp so I don't have to use gold coins to build my own).

You can not take over army camps. Yes they can be attacked army camps can be destroyed if all the troops inside the camp die the army camp will get destroyed and disappear. They cannot be nobled you have to build your own army camp where you want it.

DeletedUser

Good question that will be really great fun. Will there be any limit whatsoever of the amount of troops you can have in the army camp?

If the answer to both the above questions is yes, then we have a chance of making a new name for an big nuke. perhaps we could use a symbol like :lightcavalry::axemen:. Just an idea

Also, If this rule is implemented will the general skill of tw go up or down?
No, they don't
Since army camps can be put up at any location, can they also be attacked? Can they be destroyed or nobled (like can I take over an army camp so I don't have to use gold coins to build my own).
Yes, you can attack them.
No ennoblement though

DeletedUser

No you can not create super nukes. That has been answered at least 5 times now

DeletedUser

I like the sound of the new updates. I will wait a few worlds until the creases are ironed out methinks though

DeletedUser

Ok, well hopefully I won't be ignored for a 4th time.

Can you build army camps over any amount of distances?

For instance, can you build one like 60 hours away in the middle for your enemies core?

Another question. Say you have one village and one army camp. Your village gets nobled. Do you still have the army camp?

DeletedUser

We don't know the answer to your first question.

And maybe if you read through the thread you would see that the army camp is not owned by a particular person. It is controlled by a tribe leader and so will not be affected if your village is nobled

My guess for your first question is that there will not be any limit, because it is tribe based, and there would be no way to judge from how far away you can build it. (like if there was a limit would it be from the leader who created the camp, or the farthest member of the tribe away). Since that seems like it would be abused (pick up a player in the middle of the enemy core and then you could get a camp), there will most likely be no limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typhi

For instance, can you build one like 60 hours away in the middle for your enemies core?

As can be read in the German wiki article there do not to be any distance limitations on the placement of army camps. When a tribe decides to build an army camp, a construction site will be placed on the map. Only once the first armies reach the construction site does it become an army camp. Construction sites cannot be attacked, though army camps can be, so if you want to set one up in your enemy's core you're going to have to time the first troops' arrival very precisely.

edward007007

sorry is someones already asked this but when will it be updated?

DeletedUser

Can you give a link? Because I too have been searching for a release date other than "soon".

That's because 'soon' is the answer. If there was another answer then it would be in the announcements.

DeletedUser56184

Gah... how about a rough estimate? Like within a month? 2 months? If you don't know then say 'Sometime in the future' not 'soon'. lol I've been logging in every morning hoping to see my map finally be worth playing with.

DeletedUser

I take it all the worlds containing army camps will have to be coin worlds. Is there anyway possible for them to be packets worlds as i only enjoy playing on them. :(

DeletedUser37644

I, too, figured that there was a possibly I was missing the memo and a newer date was announced. Can I get a link?:lol:

It just seems that kind of way since the new worlds will be released with version 6. Will older worlds be updated before or after the new worlds are released?
The new features looks great.

Typhi

Gah... how about a rough estimate? Like within a month? 2 months? If you don't know then say 'Sometime in the future' not 'soon'. lol I've been logging in every morning hoping to see my map finally be worth playing with.

Sometime in the future. There will most likely be an announcement regarding the exact date when that time draws nearer, as with all previous version updates.

I take it all the worlds containing army camps will have to be coin worlds. Is there anyway possible for them to be packets worlds as i only enjoy playing on them. :(

I assume that if it is possible and logical, Innogames (the developer of Tribalwars) will at some point adapt the Army Camps to packets.

I, too, figured that there was a possibly I was missing the memo and a newer date was announced. Can I get a link?:lol:

Tribalwars Homepage -> Scroll down -> Click likely-looking announcement

Important announcements will always be shown there.

It just seems that kind of way since the new worlds will be released with version 6. Will older worlds be updated before or after the new worlds are released?
The new features looks great.

After.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Very disappointed worlds don't get an option to vote whether they would like to have the Army camp placed into the world.
Atleast something additional to be added to on-going worlds to make up for the Army Camp.Seems like you are are only concentrating on the new worlds. I would join W47 to test it out, but like alot of other players one world is enough for me and would not like to quit their original world.

greenmonsta

Looksl ike TW did what they always do. Introduced a good idea with potential, and promptly killed it. 5 day life? By the time troops get there it will have vanished again - pointless. 15 max per tribe? What about when you're at 60mil points, it just becomes utterly useless. Maybe a percentage of the tribes total villages would have been better.

Meh will wait to try them out before I reserve full judgement, but from what I can see they have once again killed a good idea.

DeletedUser

Looksl ike TW did what they always do. Introduced a good idea with potential, and promptly killed it. 5 day life? By the time troops get there it will have vanished again - pointless. 15 max per tribe? What about when you're at 60mil points, it just becomes utterly useless. Maybe a percentage of the tribes total villages would have been better.

Meh will wait to try them out before I reserve full judgement, but from what I can see they have once again killed a good idea.

Exactly.

DeletedUser

A 5 day life would give you 120 hours for troops to get there which is 240 fields. At ram speed this means you units could travel up to 2.4 continents distance before you send them on again. It also lets you send nobles from over 2 continents away. If it is indeed meant to bring balance to the attacking side of the game why would it be designed so that you can have up to 20 D's in one place on your front line ready to stack anyone quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.