The International - Comments Thread

DeletedUser

:O is it going to be weekly? i thought with such quality it would be hard to recreate every week...

DeletedUser

:O is it going to be weekly? i thought with such quality it would be hard to recreate every week...

We will do our best. Hopefully the quality wont suffer because of the war, which i am involved in. We will do our best to make sure that all future editions are as good, if not better than the first.

DeletedUser

Yeah, so if you want a newspaper, don't attack Harbinger! lol That is if you know his ign. :icon_wink:

eLeMeNOhPi

no problem at all :) mail me if you needed any help with clearing spams/off-topics...

good job btw :)

DeletedUser

We will do our best. Hopefully the quality wont suffer because of the war, which i am involved in. We will do our best to make sure that all future editions are as good, if not better than the first.

How are you going to update it?
Are you going to:
Edit the first post and put the new edition there?
or
Post each edition as a new post?

I would like to read it when it first comes out without having to skim through all the spam just wondering if this is possible...perhaps have a different thread for comments like some one else suggested?

...just a thought :)

DeletedUser

How are you going to update it?
Are you going to:
Edit the first post and put the new edition there?
or
Post each edition as a new post?

I would like to read it when it first comes out without having to skim through all the spam just wondering if this is possible...perhaps have a different thread for comments like some one else suggested?

...just a thought :)

We will likely spoiler old editions, and put the new one in the original posts, and comment that there is an update, and maybe ask Ele to change the thread title when we update as well.

DeletedUser

We will likely spoiler old editions, and put the new one in the original posts, and comment that there is an update, and maybe ask Ele to change the thread title when we update as well.

Ok thats sounds great, looking forward to it -> hope there are some more interviews they are my favorite :p

DeletedUser

instead, you should copy and repost the old edition as a reply to the topic, and link to the post in the original post (and spoil the links as it goes)

DeletedUser

Or ask Ele to move all of the posts here, except the first, to a new thread called "Comments on the International" (or something).

Then this thread is reserved for just posting the newspaper. Nothing else. Ele could delete anything else.

DeletedUser

Or ask Ele to move all of the posts here, except the first, to a new thread called "Comments on the International" (or something).

Then this thread is reserved for just posting the newspaper. Nothing else. Ele could delete anything else.

Hmm... with the new edition could create a new thread, post editions and updates and etc in that one, unsticky this one, and sticky that one? Then this one can remain one can remain the discussion..?

DeletedUser

Thata a lot of work for Ele.

I just figured you would have the sticky threasd to post the editions, nothing else. Sticky keeps it up high.

The commentary thread should stay high because there is new stuff to comment on, if the editions come out regularly.

DeletedUser

All that seems really convoluted. One paper, One thread.

I think it would be best, for all of us and the least work intensive for ele if we simply edit the first post and allow the comments to continue to go on here. It would work just like the map thread.

Nice job guys, I just got around to reading this lol :D

and PARGE? why wasnt I interviewed ? :D

Interviewing you would be like interviewing a mirror... but maybe if you ask nicely... And of course harb and myself take premium bribes.

Maybe for you, but you have underestimated to constant action that is my mensa mind.

I am not involved in the war due to distance and the fact I am not yet playing (though hopefully that will change). Besides, if harb just gets rimmed quick (likely ;) then he will have the time as well :)

Thata a lot of work for Ele.

I just figured you would have the sticky threasd to post the editions, nothing else. Sticky keeps it up high.

The commentary thread should stay high because there is new stuff to comment on, if the editions come out regularly.

This ^^^

and sorry for the double :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All that seems really convoluted. One paper, One thread.

I think it would be best, for all of us and the least work intensive for ele if we simply edit the first post and allow the comments to continue to go on here. It would work just like the map thread.

Sounds good to me, it was getting too complicated. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

har, just to explain what i was going for a little better, what you'd do is this,

1. hit edit on your original post
2. click within the edit field, press Control+A, then control+C
3. Make a new post, and press Control+V
4. Post it :p, then copy the link to the post
5. Edit the original post, and replace it with the new edition, adding a spoil tag for the links to every previous version.

This way, we can keep record of every one, you don't have 20 spoiler tags for every old version (just one for the post with the links). It might seem like a bit of work, but it really isn't once you get the hang of the keyboard shortcuts if you're not already :p. I'll show you an example (ele sorry for the double :( ) I added two links to the spoiler so you can see that it will look neater this way than just spoiling every single full post. You can just do this :)

Ok so here's the SECOND edition, Bored! and Nomad had a small head start, but now Frst got the taste of blood and are completely owning Bored and Nomad, What will happen next!!!

here's the older editions:
[spoil]edition one
Real edition one[/spoil]

Ok so this here is gonna be the first edition, and what it looks like and omg there's a war, Frst is against Bored! and Nomad, omg omg, no way a major war on this world O.O

and now everyone can just continue on with the conversation about the thing you're making :) If you have trouble with some of this, msg me (ps to get the link of the post, click the number next to the date and then copy the address on the window that pops up)

Ugh triple, first triple ever :( with no real way to get around it :(

Edit: ele 'fixing' the triple ruined the explanation :( oh well i guess he wouldn't let the triple slide

Last edited by a moderator: