W22 Interviews

AndyJc

This thread is dedicated to W22 interviews.

These will be done primarily by me though I will have to get some guest writers in for when I'm away or people simply won't talk to me :)

Happy to do any requests and feedback is welcome guys its the best way to improve.

Feel free to post who you think should be interviewed and about what below and let me know what you think of the them too.

AndyJc

First interviews will be top 20 tribe dukes.

This post will be updated as I get the interviews finished:

Tribe: .:IE:.
Duke: Smk51
[spoil]

1. Can you give me a brief history of your tribe please?

Yes, I recently just quit a month before i made the tribe.
My other worlds were pretty boring. So i decided to just make a tribe for the hell of it. Invited some nerdy people and they joined. i then began to invite more and more people until i came up with a Giant merge.
I got some tribes to do it and we did the merge.
That is all

2. What do you feel your tribes position in the world currently is?

I feel my tribe is not a top tribe. We are a tad behind but theres still time to can change that.

3. Do you think the tribe has a future in the world?

I think we do if we get key alliances and some more people to join. We'd aim to ally with the Southern power and recruit some of the independent players.

4. What is your opinion on the world being dominated by effectively 2 tribes?

Um I guess its a bit weird, helps me recruit members though as everyone not in them are threatened by them!

5. What do you think of the rise of the new tribes in the North recently?

I think its pretty sexy. Cause my tribes one of em <3

6. Who do you think will win the current world war?

Ummmm $CoD$ all the way baby

7. Have the small membership tribes got a future in W22?

.:IE:. definatly.
and maybe --3-- if they join .:IE:.
The others maybe if they recruit more members.

8. Where do you see yourself or your tribe in 6 months?

I think we will either be much stronger or dead.

9. Who is your favourite tribe other than your own?

--3-- of course :)

10. Which player would you most want to recruit if you could have anyone from any tribe?

I'd want AndyJC[/spoil]

Tribe: CC
Duke: Adam Quinn

[spoil]
1. Can you give me a brief history of CC, where it came from and why it was formed?

1. No real history about CC.We was formed because we ant got no were else to go lol.

2. Are position is stable. We are all active and nobaling. My member's are following order's well. At this moment and time are position is good.

3.I think CC has a short future in world 22 not from being rimmed but from member's leaving to join bigger tribe's. Understandable if they did.

4.I think them two tribe's should carry on the way they are. As long as they are at war it's keeping them of are back's.

5. If you are refering to NN i dont like them. I wouldnt of thought XXXX would have remained peaceful to them.

6. I think it's possably a pointless war. No one can say who will win or not it's all about who in eather tribe will go inactive.

7. I dont think they have. At this time and moment we are doing ok. But it would be good if we could get a few small member tribe's under the same banner.

8. Cant really say at all. only time will tell.

9. My favourite tribe would have to be XXXX i respect them alot. Even though i am 90% based in one of there controlled K's i have not been attacked from them not once in all my time. And i respect them for that.

10. Which player would you most want to recruit if you could have anyone from any tribe?

10. It would have to be Brooklyn Of MHR. A respected guy.
[/spoil]

Tribe: $COD$
Duke (1 of 2): Cinders0407

[spoil]
1. Can you give me a brief history of COD, where it came from and why it was formed?

No.

Ranking - 2nd.

Yes.

Awesome.

It is not my concern at present.

$CoD$

Only if and when more decent players leave or barb.

I see myself in $CoD$ and our tribe still fighting XXXX.

Not yours that is for sure.

Jonedcap.[/spoil]

Tribe: -TBP-
Duke: Saint311
Interview declined

Tribe: Bdeath
Duke: CodaAlfine

[spoil]
1. Can you give me a brief history of Bdeath, where it came from and why it was formed?[spoil]Shorter version:[spoil]summary:

-Formed July4 2008 to dominate K62
-spread to 61, absorbed Epidemic players in K51

-formed Plague academy mainly in K50, 60, 70

-war on UWR and E.E merge gives them K71

-1 Jan 2009 - war on Legit, SLW and Clorox, during this period:
-BDeath loses its leadership
-getting crowded in western area by BTU and Fairy Tale tribes
-worry about D3TH in the north and work on an alliance

-May 2009 - defeat of SLW imiminent - COD declare that we must accept a merge of SLW into them or war on COD. Terms are:
-SLW members choose their destination tribe without refugee status
-territory owned by one tribe cannot be nobled by the other
-BDeath get to noble inactive SLW players as spoils of war
In practice:
-nearly all members join COD
-inactives join COD~R and cannot be nobled by BDeath
-BDeath are given a token couple of dozen villages as spoils of war
-BDeath, already suffering inactivity, fall into apathy and fail to make good progress nobling their inactives or BTU players in the west.

-A Plague leadership coup leads to the formation of Arrr! from former Plague and BTU members. Arrr! attacks Plague, BDeath join

-D3TH offer to merge BDeath into them, BDeath accepts

-D3TH collapses, XXXX invite a lot of their members.

-Bdeath reforms with XXXX's blessing.
-COD begin to attack BDeath immediately, inside their territory and at the border
-COD begin recruiting inside BDeath territory from BTU players and from BDeath itself
-Bdeath begin attacking the new COD recruits along with other non-BDeath players in their territory
-Bdeath retaliate on players leaving for COD
-COD retaliate with some major ops on BDeath villages in and near their territory
-back forth back forth - still going on[/spoil]

I don't know about brief, but I'll try...

Bdeath was formed on July 4 2008 in K62, for the purpose of taking over K62. Having achieved that goal it took over K61. At around that time a K51 tribe, Epidemic, was being wiped out by BDeath's ally, ~K52K~. Many key Epidemic players (such as ccamp72, zineelabidine77 and myself) joined BDeath, basically giving them K51. Plague was created around this time, which at first were primarily in K50, 60 and 70. BDeath family went on to defeat several more small tribes, including UWR (which gave them K71). E.E also merged into them at this time, giving them more key players (such as Shekijam) and further consolidated their southern territories.

This brings us to the time around the beginning of 2009. BDeath were aware that the Legit family intended to declare war on them and eagerly awaited this eventuality. The Legit family and the Clorox family did declare war and Plague focussed on Clorox while BDeath prmiarily fought LGT-SLW, who shared more border with BDeath. Unfortunately for BDeath though, shortly after this declaration, the founder left the game, soon to be followed by both dukes (andyjh and Dyakovo). However BDeath and Plague kept fighting and found new people to carry on the leadership of the tribe.

During the war BDeath had some other worries. One was D3TH, situated in the north. If D3TH had jumped us, while we were focussed so far away in the south, we would have been toast. We worked hard on getting an alliance with them, but ywevis liked to keep us guessing. However due to XXXX giving them much more of a run for their money than they expected, we finally did get our alliance.

Another problem was the western rim. There were 2 tribes in the west that were a constant annoyance to us - One known by variations on the theme "Blaze Empire" and "BTU", and the other known by variations on the theme of "PMS, TOYBOY, X", and later as "Fairy Tale". These tribes constantly nobled up the barbs around our members but we couldn't afford the distraction of attacking them. That was a problem for us down the track.

So eventually, skipping a lot of detail, in May 2009, BDeath starting really destroying SLW, thanks to some well-executed ops run by zineelabidine77. The $COD$ family did not like that, so they gave us an ultimatum: allow SLW to merge into them or we will declare war. So BDeath, with all its problems and a serious inactivity problem, decided to accept a very unequal peace agreement. SLW members were to be allowed to choose their destination tribe without any refugee status. Following this any territory dominated by one tribe could not be nobled by the other. BDeath were supposed to be given any inactive SLW players to noble as spoils of war, given that we had recently caused several players to quit and also out of respect for the fact that we had won but couldn't pursue any refugees.

In practice this peace went entirely in COD's favour - all but a few players joined the COD family, meaning that BDeath gained no territory, whereas if we had been able to continue the war we would have gained K72 and much of K82. (At that time we already held K81 and 90 and 91 quite strongly). Also, we only received a handful of villages as "spoils of war" and inactive SLW players were placed in COD's inactive tribe, COD~R, in preference to being nobled by us.

All of this caused great unrest and apathy in BDeath. We had a great opportunity to work on the western rim territory and on nobling our own inactives, but apathy prevailed. I began to despair of our future, and then D3TH offered a merge. OK, I should have thought a lot more carefully about that - obviously they would not have asked for BDeath to merge into them unless they were in trouble - but I was tired of leading, and I saw no future for BDeath in the state it was in. So I accepted. But apparently some of D3TH leadership expected BDeath players, who were nowhere near their war, to be able to immediately turn the tide. It wasn't going to happen. It was going to take months for us to establish ourselves at the front, and by that time the war would be lost.

And in any case, just before the merge, problems in Plague had gone nova and created a new beast. I had always had trouble finding good leadership for Plague. bcollins2 had been given some responsibility there, but began to act on his own and create conflict. He took it on himself to form a merge with BTU, which was just an irritation. It would take away the only targets we had left, and our only opportunity for expansion, given our nobling restrictions with the COD peace agreement. If we had that territory our back would be to the rim. Some argued that with a merge the result would be the same, but to me and some others, the villages would be in the hands of the noobs we had never wanted to recruit before, and who would probably not use them to help us and no doubt end up inactive to be nobled anyway. So while we were trying to organise ops on players, bcollins was recruitung them. I would publish targets, and they would suddenly turn up in Plague. Then some other Plague council members asked me to use my sat account in Plague to dismiss bcollins2, so I was only to happy to oblige. So bcollins2 made his own tribe, called Arrr!, from BTU members and of course recruited from his loyalists in Plague also, and proceeded to attack Plague! Arrr council assured BDeath that this was between Plague and Arrr, and need not involve BDeath - nice try, guys. This, as all sane people could understand, meant an urgent problem to be dealt with, and BDeath suddenly had their motivation to clean up in the area. Even D3TH could see that Arrr! would have to be destroyed before we could turn our full attention up north - villages used for support were being nobled out from under us in sneak attacks.

The original BDeath tribe was kept open during the merge and used to hold BDeath and D3TH inactives for nobling. It was run through Dyakovo's account, sat by me at that time. When D3TH collapsed, I entertained the idea of reopening the tribe, but wasn't sure how we would go about it, or if it would be worth doing. It wasn't until a few players contacted me with the idea (primarily 9VSIO) that I decided to go for it. I first contacted JonEdCap, to run the idea by him. Most D3TH players had invitations to XXXX for the merge, and I did not want XXXX to think that reopening BDeath meant we were more D3TH loyalists (such as D3TH~I set themselves up as) who were anti-XXXX. We were just BDeath, as before...and had a bone to pick somewhere down south...not in the north...

XXXX gave us our alliance and we opened the tribe. I used Dyakovo's account to invite myself to the tribe and make myself a Duke again, and took it from there. Of course some of our old friends from SLW (now COD) took this opportunity to immediately commence attacks. COD also immediately began recruiting inside our territory and from among our members (previously all prevented by the peace agreement terms). Most of the new recruits were in K70 and 80, from among the noobs from BTU and Arrr, who we didn't want to recruit ourselves. At this time S|W was also formed by velvetcrabman and Sir Kinnear instead of joining BDeath, and took in many ex-Plague and BDeath players, and was prmiarily located in K90 and 91, and some of 81.

So BDeath naturally began attacking the COD recruits inside our territory, as well as some of the turncoats. (Only players joining some time after BDeath had formed, not those who made their choice at the time of the D3TH split. We all had our choice at that point and there was no discrimination on that basis. Many BDeath players stayed in XXXX and some went to COD because they were more in COD territory anyway). I contacted the leader of the time about this and he said that it was understandable and expected. From the sound of it he did not approve of this recruitment. He also acknowledged that COD had completely removed a couple of our players from their territory. BDeath did not start pushing our borders at this point, despite attacks from at least one COD border player on us.

It took COD a while to become upset at the way the stats were going and "declare" war on us (this was not public). The then-leaders did not accept the previous leader's acknowledgement of the situation. They couldn't accept that we acted in response to their attacks on us, and aggressive encroachment into our territory. They began an organised assault on some of our key players who had villages inside their territory or at the border. We likewise began an assault on one of their key players at the border who had been picking off villages for some weeks.

At this point COD also began a campaign to annex other south western tribes - they got DETH~I (called EBR) and S|W to agree to an alliance, both out of fear. This meant that neither tribe could help us. S|W eventually merged into the COD family, which was another blow as K90 and 91 and a lot of 81 were then totally lost to us, without any war.

I had thought at first that our defiance of COD and refusal to bow down to their bullying would be suicidal, but I didn't care. I would rather have ended the game in a fun war, than sitting around in a diplomatic gridlock. I made sure that the players who joined BDeath felt the same way or at least understood that this was the general attitude. I did know that COD were having internal difficulties, so that we might have had some chance to survive for a time and do a bit of damage - but I had no idea how bad their situation was or how well BDeath would hold up. XXXX did intend to fight COD, I knew that too, because after all, what else was left to do? But they were far from ready and intended to establish themselves closer to COD before declaring war. I didn't expect help from them. They did support me at a time when it looked like I might not survive, however. And then COD precipitated their entry into the war by the good old, recruit from their members, trick. Works every time.

So those are the main events in BDeath's history. In our new incarnation, ie for about the past year, we've existed primarily to annoy COD, because - damn it - they sure as hell annoyed the hell out of us![/spoil]

As above, to irritate COD.

Yes.

I don't like it that COD exist.

But seriously, it doesn't bother me much at all. I think that at some point the war between these tribes will either be won or the tribes will disperse and smaller tribes will form.

It interests me very little. I am busy.

But to me it's a natural, and expected course of events. Most tribes have already split into smaller units, and I expect all tribes to continue this process. See below.

XXXX

Yes, I think they do. I think that's the near future of this world, and I've thought so for over a year now - we will end up with a lot of smaller tribes who will fight each other. It'll be like a bunch of what would once have been known as "squads" (small groups of people who like working together, but each person owns at least a K worth of territory). That is how this world will have to play out. There is no way we are going to sit here after XXXX vs COD is finished and go "Well XXXX won (say). That's it - the end of W22". People aren't going to accept that. They are going to want to keep playing and keep fighting. Perhaps later on one of these smaller tribes is going to achieve domination and win. Or maybe just a trimmed-down XXXX will do it. I don't know. All I know is I've seen a lot of tribes come and go, and I've seen really big, impressive tribes rule the world one day and then the next are gone with barely any warning. I thought my own tribe would die at various points but it's still here. You just never do know what will happen next.

Well given the amount of times I've thought "this is the end" or "that's it, I'm quitting", probably still here playing this annoying game.

XXXX, well duh

mihajes (given that we exist to annoy COD, that's just obvious)[/spoil]

Tribe: --3-- (at time of interview)
Duke: AndyJC

[spoil]
1. Can you give me a brief history of --3--, where it came from and why it was formed?

Tribe was formed in about March. Formed this one because my previous tiny tribe had a bad stats record and I'm a bit of a stats freak. The original reason for leaving MJ and forming this is because I wanted to be in the top 20 on my own, achieved that goal for a while but eventually decided 2 heads are better than one (and so are 2 k's). Plus wanted that name and tag, got the name and tag is as close as I can atm.

I see --3-- as a gateway tribe to certain portions of the east. We provide a barrier between the NE k's and most of XXXX highly secured lands as well as providing a blocking k between XXXX and COD. Strategically placed even if not powerful.

I think the tribe has a future yes, unless major problems arise I won't be joining another tribe. Madfaster may have different thoughts but for now I think we are happy with our position.

I think it was the inevitable result for W22. Tbh if you look back the worlds been dominated by 2 tribal alliances for a year or more. XIII and its allies ruled half the world, D3TH and allies ruled a third of the world and now XXXX and COD control over a third each. I personally favour smaller more localised tribes but I can't fully go for this until get some revenge.

For me its a worrying destabilisation of the previously most stable area of W22. I always had softspot for -3- (as you may have guessed) but I find myself opposing many of those I once led or supported.

I think eventually inactivity will cause the fall of COD, but by then XXXX will be facing such similar problems the victory will be quite hollow. However I hope this doesn't happen, the conquers are looking like a XXXX victory too.

I don't see why not, TBP has existed a year with tiny membership as has MJ. I've been on my own for over 6 months and MHR have been around a while too. BRKDA never had a large membership in the past so maybe thats the kind of tribe that will develop eventually.

I see myself having fully secured my home k after 2 long years of nobling. And I'll also be moving back towards a couple of wars again after a period of reasonable peace.

Always had a softspot for Bdeath and TBP but my favourite is probably XXXX (this answer would have been different a couple of weeks ago)

I'd like to have Saint with me, top player and quiet which would offset my huge mouth.
[/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

so there about hugging and lots of invites :icon_eek:

good tribe :icon_razz:

Warmad :)

x2dezjohn

yh i read about this big merge he had planned amazing what you find when a dead account gets invited to one of them :icon_rolleyes: , this involved 3 tribes made up of old -3-

1. MHR
2. 300 (now CC) most joined from this one
3. US (now STB)

Missy.gif

DeletedUser79609

yh i read about this big merge he had planned amazing what you find when a dead account gets invited to one of them :icon_rolleyes: , this involved 3 tribes made up of old -3-

1. MHR
2. 300 (now CC) most joined from this one
3. US (now STB)

Missy.gif

Who's merge? Didn't think MHR were merging/inviting at all.

@ Andy, effectively, I'm the duke of STB :)

x2dezjohn

Who's merge? Didn't think MHR were merging/inviting at all.

@ Andy, effectively, I'm the duke of STB :)

It was all merge into new tribe new name but guesing some people didnt get the sarcasm from MHR, only way i know they was in it is cause of this merges shared forum reading the chata about it and seeing MHR had been in the shared forum

AndyJc

3 new interviews up guys including Bdeath and 1 of the 2 COD dukes being interviewed!

DeletedUser

Well this new merge seems to be going well since they formed what they currently have .:IE:. I am referring too!
142 losses and 97 gains :-/
Not looking too threatening yet! hehe

Btw Kudos to you Andy I think this is a great Idea, something good to read :) Cheers for doing it.

DeletedUser54315

Good thread Andy, I especially like the way you got Cinders to open up and talk freely!

DeletedUser

Good thread Andy, I especially like the way you got Cinders to open up and talk freely!

:icon_biggrin: that made me chuckle skinny - I was busy and did not have time to go in to depth on everything.

DeletedUser

I was tempted to make answers up for Saint :)

Keep the original answers and then make some funny ones up to suit :)

By the way Mr JC, I think you should answer your own questions and put it up.

DeletedUser

well, I guess you wrote more than Saint did...

Just about :icon_biggrin:

Yes, I think they do. I think that's the near future of this world, and I've thought so for over a year now - we will end up with a lot of smaller tribes who will fight each other. It'll be like a bunch of what would once have been known as "squads" (small groups of people who like working together, but each person owns at least a K worth of territory). That is how this world will have to play out. There is no way we are going to sit here after XXXX vs COD is finished and go "Well XXXX won (say). That's it - the end of W22". People aren't going to accept that. They are going to want to keep playing and keep fighting. Perhaps later on one of these smaller tribes is going to achieve domination and win. Or maybe just a trimmed-down XXXX will do it. I don't know. All I know is I've seen a lot of tribes come and go, and I've seen really big, impressive tribes rule the world one day and then the next are gone with barely any warning. I thought my own tribe would die at various points but it's still here. You just never do know what will happen next.

I like this idea, smaller K tribes, largest in each K forms and then takes 5 or 6 others in to their fold. Eventually it will be friend against friend. We have all been around for a while now and lets face it, we do fight people we consider likeable in game.

Ultimately it will come down to this, it has too, otherwise the world will close when one tribe holds a certain percentage.

AndyJc

I like this idea, smaller K tribes, largest in each K forms and then takes 5 or 6 others in to their fold. Eventually it will be friend against friend. We have all been around for a while now and lets face it, we do fight people we consider likeable in game.

Ultimately it will come down to this, it has too, otherwise the world will close when one tribe holds a certain percentage.

We were saying this a year ago or so remember :), still not fully happened yet, but getting there now more smaller tribes than ever before.

DeletedUser

well, I guess you wrote more than Saint did...

And you wrote more than all Coda!! hehe

I loved the "Trying" to be brief comment followed by a 1000 word essay!! that was awesome, nice detail and good interview :)

(Don't quote me on the word count, I haven't counted and I wouldn't want anyone to do so unless they are really bored!)

DeletedUser

And you wrote more than all Coda!! hehe

I loved the "Trying" to be brief comment followed by a 1000 word essay!! that was awesome, nice detail and good interview :)

(Don't quote me on the word count, I haven't counted and I wouldn't want anyone to do so unless they are really bored!)

1867 just to answer the first question.