A Eulogy to ATEN

DeletedUser

Ever looked up 'mangy'? Put that with a flea and I'd consider that pretty bad any day. ;)

DeletedUser5974

wow form is active...now thts a positive naa :p
finally w2 gets something to talk about..

DeletedUser

I very rarely beg to disagree with you DC, as you are usually so concise in what you say, but when it comes to the 'end' I believe you may be wrong. Don't get me wrong, REB are far from finished, but if the stats are correct, then the 'EG' family now owns over 71% of the world. That means that we should be entering the 3 month 'end game' phase soon, and the changes that entails will be made to the gaming system. Assuming there are no unforseen factors, all we as a collective have to do, is stay amicable for 3 months, and maintain that majority. Then it's game over for everyone. Who's declared the winner is pretty negligable at this point.

Thank you.

Though on this point, I must sustain such a reputation and explain further: I don't think 71% is quite close enough to consider it end days. The other worlds which have entered the "end phase" have been controlled by 90% or around about*, that's 19% of the world left for EG to conquer before it's lights out time. That's 52045 villages, and at the current rate of conquer, 446 conquers in favor of REB in the last month, that's a rate of 14.86 a day, and it's in the wrong direction for that 90%.

But perhaps that's not statistically viable enough. Let's try and inflate the numbers (reasonably). The most conquers this world has seen of late has been Aten/REB vs LWS, and in the past month there have been 709 conquers in favor of Aten/REB. That's a rate of 26.63 a day, and still only half in the right direction for that 90%. Even at this rate, which is inflated for the 90%, it will take approximately 1,954 days to get to that point, and that's only if Aten/TW are able to replicate this rate and REB do lose at that average rate for the sustained period, or else it will take longer.

1,954 days? That's over 5 years, more than the age of the world. It's not the end days yet.

---

*:
World 27: "Shadow now control 93% of player owned villages on world 27 so the time has come to start the closing of the world."
World 7: "-WE- now control 76% of player owned villages on world 7 so the time has come to start the closing of the world."
World 18: "The alliance of APOC, [BA], Apoc-F and Apoc-N now control 99% of player owned villages on world 18 so the time has come to start the closing of the world."
World 12: "With world 12 reaching just 200 active players and DNY controlling a massive 94% majority of player owned villages, we've decided its time to start planning the end of the world and the announcement of the final winners."

Only World 7 has a % close to 71%, however, if W2 were to end at 71%, it would be the smallest percentage yet, and it seems World 7 was quite irregular to the other worlds. W2 may close earlier due to low member count, but it's not that close.

DeletedUser

It has become painfully obvious that the leadership of REB has not informed the members of it's tribe of the discussions and going on of the last several months.

This was not a step that was taken without discussion or forethought. It was not something that happened overnight. It is the result of continued bullying, refusal to communicate, refusal to support, refusal to work together, and repeated insults made by members of REB.

I will say that there ARE members of REB who worked with us, and who we have seen as valuable allies. However, it is the actions of the leadership that has brought this about. The time came for us to make a decision, and that decision was made. We simply made the move before REB did.

If you have issues with the situation, look at your own leadership, not at ours.

So you are telling me that ATEN sent REB leaders a mail explaining what was going to happen?

DeletedUser

Yes - infact I returned with the intention of quitting by gifting my villages, and in doing so started the process, before getting suckered into staying by Mysticjelly2, Babs and the old crew, with them insisting 'end game' was in sight. So I guess your stuck with me till then. :icon_wink:

Welcome back, (for a bit) then :D

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
I remember you attacked Kalash as well. I think he wiped the floor with you? Pretty sure.

Nope, never attacked Kalash :)
I attacked Issaga though and he threw all he had at K65/75 at me. Not that much, since Scholesy was beating the living hell out of him at the time. :p

all this over ysiek account? excuse while i go vomit!

he is even back in aten now and left a war in his wake.

No, that was just a personal guess which was probably a bit wrong. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Greetings Junk and others.

It has been a while since our 'fun' in k67. And as you rightly put it, it is now a distant memory.

I was kinda proud to be sent 2214 incomings at their peak and was always particularly impressed with your attacking form.

Sadly, I (among others) lost all interest when lippa had to depart and was quite happy to throw in the towel. Of course though, things do move on and ATEN's merge is one of those steps. But don't worry, I too will remember ATEN as it was thank you, Junk.

Ciao for now.

nort

Im coming for you marlowdude! might not be today, might not be tommorrow, might be a year from now before i can but i am coming for you! i want your secret hoard of aged beer!

Pizz

Nope, never attacked Kalash :)
I attacked Issaga though and he threw all he had at K65/75 at me. Not that much, since Scholesy was beating the living hell out of him at the time. :p

No, that was just a personal guess which was probably a bit wrong. :icon_razz:

I am almost positive you did. I remember hanussen laughing about killing all of your troops.

DeletedUser

@DC: You might know. Do they ( the admins ) accept the winners as either a family tribe or an alliance? I kind of got that impression from your post. That would be an interesting discussion, at the very least.

DeletedUser

Grimmy,
they do accept a family/alliance.

DC, wipe your chin, fill up on cool-aid mate, you're overheating a bit there

:)

Jas

DeletedUser910

You're second rate because your members are trash. Stacking villages doesn't prove skill. On top of that, LWS eat barbs at a staggering rate. That is how you are rank one.

Ask Redsha if all we do is eat Barbs. lol!! We pretty much had no choice but to eat barbs, as many of our members left and there were greys everywhere. REB knows this because they've been eating those Barbs just as much as we have. I just think you're upset because the roles have been reversed. I don't think our tribe is 2nd rate at all. Our tribe still existing should be proof enough.

Thats a lot of Barbs -- http://www.twstats.com/en2/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=46699&pn=1&type=&enemy=-1&enemyt=-1&min=0&max=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
I am almost positive you did. I remember hanussen laughing about killing all of your troops.

Ooooh, that. It wasn't as heavy as my attack on Issaga really. :p
I had even forgot about attacking Kalash... ;o

Pizz

Ask Redsha if all we do is eat Barbs. lol!! We pretty much had no choice but to eat barbs, as many of our members left and there were greys everywhere. REB knows this because they've been eating those Barbs just as much as we have. I just think you're upset because the roles have been reversed. I don't think our tribe is 2nd rate at all. Our tribe still existing should be proof enough.

Thanks a lot of Barbs -- http://www.twstats.com/en2/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=46699&pn=1&type=&enemy=-1&enemyt=-1&min=0&max=0

REB2 exists. Is that proof that the tribe is top rate? And no, the role reversal amuses me. Being surrounded by red dots is nothing new to me.

Last edited:

deomonkid18

The way I see it now, everyone has had their turn of fighting two enemies. So it is fair in my eyes. We had to do it when HOT turned, TW/LWS has had to endure it, why not REB? Completes the circle don't you think?

Pizz

REB has been fighting LWS and SPQR. And if you're a family tribe, how does that make it two enemies?