Looking for a few good men(or women)

Bo-John-bo

Pretty sure Deus+HYPER always had more members than =TTD=.

Nope, I am the only active member in Hyper. I sit all the other account and just nub around like a nublet :icon_razz:

Sometimes I get my baby brother, he's 2 years 3 months, to send my trains for me. Sometimes, and I don't know how, he gets them under 3 hours :icon_redface:

The Great 1One1

You're right gopie, nobody gets to rank 4 or higher in this world who doesnt know what they are doing...ask siimon, podge, Cypherrr or kato....oh, hold on:icon_eek:
For me, Kato has done so much more than the previous three. All four you have mentioned were once at S2ORMe. I never worked closely with Cypherrr as he was mostly in the tribe whilst I was going through a little sabbatical at the time. Podge and siimon did extremely little for the tribe, something I can testify to as I was baron/duke at the time and working closely with their group leader. I remember helping organise an op (on mamu4ev i think) for that group, and between podge and siimon, who were both in the top 4 at the time, they put a grand total of 6 or 7 noble claims for the op, when I remember ismail, a 2/3million point player at the time, putting in over 20. podge and siimon were clearly intent on putting their efforts in gaining rank, rather than what was best for the tribe.

I can confidently testify that Kato did not work like this at all. He was obsessed with nobling, but channeled his obsession in very much the right way, and very much for the tribe. Whenever asked him to do something for the tribe, he did it. And during most of my talks with him, he was always talking about what was best for his group and the tribe as a whole, even organising help from his group for the benefit of other groups.

He was a team player. As i said, i cannot testify his level of "skill", but I think it is very unfair that you have labelled him in the same category as three players that you, me, S2ORM, and most outside lookers would agree have not done what the game expects of you; working as a tribe to achieve a common goal.

I have never questioned his in-game ability - he has defended for a long time, but 7 weeks under attack from Deus is something I chuckle about as I went longer and am still here. I have questioned his arrogance about being one of the best ever and I have questioned why he has felt the need to sling personal insults in my direction (both of which, I personally feel, is my right to do)
Yes, you are right to question his arrogance, just the same as I believe it is within my rights to defend it. I can only go by what he did for S2ORMe, and that was a hell of a lot. You did a lot for S2ORMe yourself Glyn, I won't question that, but Kato was under constant attack same as you, whilst also being a nobling machine and running the core group of the tribe.

You also stated earlier about him begging for support on a regular basis, which is a little hypocritical imo. Not saying there is anything wrong with asking for support, but it almost seems as though you're trying to claim that you achieved rank 1 ODD by only receiving your own support and nobody else's.

Once again. it is mixing up internet persona, with RL characteristics (something you can probably testify to as you have openly admitted your forum "character" is nothing like you real self, something I can personally attest to)
Probably not the best place to discuss this in detail, but I can assure you that you have never met my real self :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I was comparing him to those 3 as a joke (although it appears that not everyone may get my sense of humour all the time) and I did go on to say that I do believe he was a much better player.....BUT, he was not as he claims "one of the best ever", he is/was a stacker and despite what he claims, I have spoken to nobody who had a train sniped by him. Lots of us lost trains to him, but never after the first nobleman got through

As for me being hypocritical about "begging for support", I never did ask for support. I was told by leadership to make a list and eventually somebody else made a list of my K45 vills and posted it. Even now in Deus, the only support I have receieved has been from Hyper and that was after it was willingly offered rather than asked for and THEN given. I achieved #1 ODD as a result of this support, but I can guarantee I did not receive as much non-personal support as kato had (for example, an entire sat account worth from jesscute)

And finally, the person you met was not me either, I am much better looking than that fat, bleary eyed Welshman that claims to have been me :icon_razz:

PS, kato claimed his account would go barb by 10am today...seems another lie exposed (unless he has moved to a small Pacific island that lies on the International Date Line in the meantime)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Great 1One1

I was comparing him to those 3 as a joke (although it appears that not everyone may get my sense of humour all the time) and I did go on to say that I do believe he was a much better player.....BUT, he was not as he claims "one of the best ever", he is/was a stacker and despite what he claims, I have spoken to nobody who had a train sniped by him. Lots of us lost trains to him, but never after the first nobleman got through
Was Kato the best player in terms of skill? From what I've heard, perhaps not.
Has Kato achieved, with his account, more than most? Most definately yes.

I think we have all established that "skill" is far from the ultimate basis by which to measure how good a player is. Activity, determination and a willingness to help your friends are all part of judgement. But here are some facts that may help his claims of being one of the best in W24.

1) He achieved rank four in the world, and he didn't do it by barb-whoring (yes, he has nobled barbs, but not nearly to the extent of some others).
2) At the end of WWII, I wrote up a ranking of both Deus and S2ORMe players, though I never got round to posting it. The rankings were judged by the amount of enemy conquers vs losses (noblings off =TTD=, Hyper and =Res= players were included). I can't remember the rankings exactly, but I know Kato was in the top three.
3) Katooden was also one of the leading noblers in the Manic war.
4) He went after players like KK and RStudios, as opposed to merely going for "easy" conquers.

As for me being hypocritical about "begging for support", I never did ask for support. I was told by leadership to make a list and eventually somebody else made a list of my K45 vills and posted it. Even now in Deus, the only support I have receieved has been from Hyper and that was after it was willingly offered rather than asked for and THEN given. I achieved #1 ODD as a result of this support, but I can guarantee I did not receive as much non-personal support as kato had (for example, an entire sat account worth from jesscute)
Before my current account, I was logging in every so often on the Jesscute account as a good friend from another world was playing it at the time. Unless you're talking about pure recent events, I didn't see entire support at kato's vills. And seeing as the Jesscute account is still being actively played (I think), I struggle to believe that the current owner would empty out all his D for Kato.

And finally, the person you met was not me either, I am much better looking than that fat, bleary eyed Welshman that claims to have been me :icon_razz:
That's alright then. I owe a pack of fags to the imposter then, as opposed to yourself :icon_razz:

Oh and just to be clear, I don't condone his outburst of RL insults. I was meant to add that to the previous post but I forgot.

Bo-John-bo

the only support I have receieved has been from Hyper and that was after it was willingly offered rather than asked for and THEN given.

If its any good I can confirm this statement, I basically forced it so deep and hard down Glyns throat :)

It felt soo good :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

[...]
2) At the end of WWII, I wrote up a ranking of both Deus and S2ORMe players, though I never got round to posting it. The rankings were judged by the amount of enemy conquers vs losses (noblings off =TTD=, Hyper and =Res= players were included). I can't remember the rankings exactly, but I know Kato was in the top three.[...]

Surely for doing that much work would've been saved? Seems like a colossal waste, seeing as those kind of stats > most threads here.

The Great 1One1

Yeah, other things were on my mind soon after, so I forgot about posting it. I still got it, but it's still on my other laptop. I'll post it soon as possible. Is here the correct place to post it, you reckon?

DeletedUser

Yeah, wouldn't want to steer this thread about looking for mercenaries off topic. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Yeah, other things were on my mind soon after, so I forgot about posting it. I still got it, but it's still on my other laptop. I'll post it soon as possible. Is here the correct place to post it, you reckon?

Go for it, I'll just split the thread if people complain. :)

number18

So Kato has gone too, I am not surprised.

Due to the positioning of his account, and as I mentioned in my own leaving post the fact that tw is not a game for a working man (let alone a working man with a young child who needs him), any real concerted attack from Deus was always likely to have this outcome.

Anyone with any sense knows that playing an account competitively on your own is nigh on impossible in this situation.

Anyway I wish you well Kato, get your business back in order, put the feet up for Christmas and have fun with your daughter. Good luck bro and thanks for your sterling efforts in w24, you definitely were a presence and had a hand in shaping the world.

ROFLMAOPMSL
Oh dear, thanks for the amusement on this Tuesday morning :lol:

And despite the pounding you are now taking, you still leave with less ODA and less ODD than me

GJ

This made me laugh Glyn thanks (well maybe not quite laugh but definitely a wry grin). If I have heard this or a similar variant once I have heard it many times, and I hardly ever spoke to you haha. And all achieved by dodging and sniping, impressive.

=RedFox=

I don't think that you get a high ODA from dodging/sniping, just saying...

number18

I don't think that you get a high ODA from dodging/sniping, just saying...

Hmmm, you're right ...

And come to think of it actually you don't get much ODD (which is really what I was referring to) from dodging and sniping either, weird.

DeletedUser

Sit on a frontline account which started with ZERO villages at the start of the war in K45, defend them using your troops from K51 (a 100 hour walk away) and even with sniping and dodging, your ODD will rocket after over 4 months of not dipping below 1000 incomings for any single day

No, stacking vills from the rear is not skilfull (although kato may not think so), but keeping and renobling vills with no long distance D there when required is.

I havent seen gopies list where kato was third, but I would guess that Kriid would have been number one, and I would have been number 2

number18

Sit on a frontline account which started with ZERO villages at the start of the war in K45, defend them using your troops from K51 (a 100 hour walk away) and even with sniping and dodging, your ODD will rocket after over 4 months of not dipping below 1000 incomings for any single day

No, stacking vills from the rear is not skilfull (although kato may not think so), but keeping and renobling vills with no long distance D there when required is.

I havent seen gopies list where kato was third, but I would guess that Kriid would have been number one, and I would have been number 2

Haha, there you go again you cannot help yourself. Have some humility it goes a long way.

Anyway I don't think anyone has explicitly stated that stacking villages is skillful.

It amuses me that you seem totally oblivious to the idea that stacking is a necessary tactic for a person in Kato's position, ask Kriid I know he stacked quite a bit too when required.

It is a single player account with no sitter, he cannot be online all the time. If he didn't stack his frontline vils he wouldn't have them for very long. He could be the greatest tw player ever for 12-18 hours a day, but during the other 6-12 hours he would lose too many troops and vils to stay competitive. It isn't rocket science.

Bo-John-bo

Char!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop deleting my posts!!! Or is it because they are off topic?

On topic: I personally feel I am the most skillful player TW has ever seen, I can stack and nuke :)

DeletedUser

Haha, there you go again you cannot help yourself. Have some humility it goes a long way.

Anyway I don't think anyone has explicitly stated that stacking villages is skillful.

It amuses me that you seem totally oblivious to the idea that stacking is a necessary tactic for a person in Kato's position, ask Kriid I know he stacked quite a bit too when required.

It is a single player account with no sitter, he cannot be online all the time. If he didn't stack his frontline vils he wouldn't have them for very long. He could be the greatest tw player ever for 12-18 hours a day, but during the other 6-12 hours he would lose too many troops and vils to stay competitive. It isn't rocket science.

What did I say in there that was boastful (i.e. things that can't be backed up?) I am not oblivious to stacking as a tactic...I said I did it myself using my own troops from K51, which is why my ODD went up BUT I am able to snipe and dodge effectively - something that nobody I have spoken to has been able to say kato did. I had a sitter on 2 occassions overnight between January and May this year, and can produce the logs to back this up, so I was in the same position as kato

Humility - the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive.....sounds a bit gay to me:icon_cool:

DeletedUser52603

I thought Kato was a good player. Would have gotten into Garuda when I was running it.

Bo-John-bo

Yea but Gzed, we all now Garuda was about the same standard as BBO :icon_razz:

FS was where it was at, we were the badest hardest skillfulist crazyist noblinglotsist hardcore gamers :)

DeletedUser52603

Yea but Gzed, we all now Garuda was about the same standard as BBO :icon_razz:

FS was where it was at, we were the badest hardest skillfulist crazyist noblinglotsist hardcore gamers :)

I know! But Kato would have still fit in