Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser103644

Now that is a good comment, Thank you enjoyed the read of it! :p

You are absolutely right. I didn't see it like that my bad, thanks for opening my eyes mate. :)

DeletedUser

When I first started out playing TW was a friendly community with interesting debates on the forum relevant to ongoing events in the world. In my eyes, TW today is more of a "elitist" society which might as well just be one of the reasons behind the declining amount of players.

This if for instance very evident in the forums. First off, there's way too many threads in the forum with absolutely no discussion value at all to the majority of the TW players as well as a severe lack of intellectual debates - especially in the forums designated for each world. I checked back on an old world I've now left hoping to find something worth reading but all I was able to figure out was that some guy hadn't gotten his PP payed out and another one, obviously drunk and speaking a lot of irrelevant nonsense, had decided to come back a second time.

Sure, it's great you want to let your friends know you're coming back but this is the very problem itself; this is only relevant to those who actually know you and your history from before. Thereby an elitist norm is created and the reading is only worthwhile for a very few. A lot of threads sadly seem to to turn into a society of mutual admiration full with one-liners like "1+, nice PnP m8" and "I haven't seen you agez, welcome back plox!". Isn't there a chat that could be used for this instead? Moreover, where are the moderators? Some threads are merely spam and nothing else.

Next, newbies are in many instances frowned upon and ridiculed. Obviously this is not needed to be explained further.

I am of the opinion that a forum with politics and propaganda everyone actually would find entertaining reading - new and old players alike, would add more dimension to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First off, there's way too many threads in the forum with absolutely no discussion value at all to the majority of the TW players as well as a severe lack of intellectual debates - especially in the forums designated for each world.

IF you create them, they will come.. Many of the more intellectual posters lurk the forums, looking for something to post towards, something to debate. Many do it through Skype, and real time chats, and in tribal forums.. But if you start the threads, with a well thought out idea, or thread, you will draw that creative conversation you crave, and can enjoy it again.

I feel your pain though, 90% of what I read is utter garbage. Just need to learn to block it out, and enjoy the 10%.

Moreover, where are the moderators? Some threads are merely spam and nothing else.

We are here, but for the most part we also adapt to our environment. If we lock down every thread that comes out, you'll hear crickets. We have to find a balance between what's breaking the rules vs. entertainment value. Unfortunately a thread where people are showing support to the poster, isn't something that breaks the rules, and while I might consider it spam because I don't enjoy the mindless content, there are people who feel that's them giving an opinion.

I'm sure if you took it up with your forum mod, and asked to be allowed to create a thread or two for serious discussion, they'd keep the thread clean to your liking, I know I'd enjoy doing that, just to be able to see some real discussion again.

Next, newbies are in many instances frowned upon and ridiculed. Obviously this is not needed to be explained further.

This is an issue with society more so than the TW forums, and it's sad truly. The modern day hero is something of an anomally. I heard a story the other day, of someone passing out in a medical studies class. They called emergency services, and everyone sat there and just looked on, waited for an ambulance to arrive. Did anyone try to resuscitate? Sad really when you think of it, they were there training to be doctors.

If someone with this 'elitist' status were to stand up for the newbs in their forums, you'd find the forums a very different place. But people are afraid of being flamed, so they sit back and watch others get fried. It at least gives me a little hope that people see the problems out there, the next step is to act on fixing them.

DeletedUser103644

Being flamed I often find funny, reason is simple because people who flame are just like trolls actually they are trolls. They don't give up not even when they have lost.

Some flaming is earned but most of it is unnecessary. For me flaming only shows how low people can be and how ridiculous and pathetic they are, not the person who is being flamed. But is it my job to defend the new? I find this easy to answer simply no. Reason is because I believe they need to be able to defend themselves.

I don't reply at forum because I don't find anything to post about well not yet, and I need to be selective as of my opinions, thoughts and my way of writing. I believe I think mighty different than others and I write spot on so I can seem a bit aggressive when my intention were completely the opposite. This I can only apologize for as when it has been done it is to late to change. :icon_confused:

I like posting here as there are only likewise player like me who post, I love discussing winning or losing doesn't matter for me, I learn something from it anyways. That is the important part. You wanna know what's funny? I'm somehow better to argue on English rather than my own language, despite my terrible English writing skills. :icon_redface:

If you want I can always find a random gibberish calculator and post that if you want more utter garbage to read :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

But is it my job to defend the new? I find this easy to answer simply no. Reason is because I believe they need to be able to defend themselves.

It's not anyone's job, but if no one steps up to defend them, to help teach them how to act in the face of the bullies, then nothing will ever change.

DeletedUser103644

It's not anyone's job, but if no one steps up to defend them, to help teach them how to act in the face of the bullies, then nothing will ever change.

Saying that you are right, some you have to teach to defend themselves unfortunate

DeletedUser

Sad

I have thought this before what if after I noble a player quits, and what if most of the players who get nobled quit?
This post proved my theory, now I will find myself thinking hard how every player noble in the future, will be good for me but bad for the game. Some things are just undeniable on this post, I was noobish when I started, just like everyone else. I rushed into nobling, never farmed on my first world if I ever did I would do it with all my troops. Got nobled on w9,w10,w11 but it still was addictive and fun. Joined w17 where I gained experience and reached 2.2 mil. Then that took me too much time and quit the world/game. Now I'm back with another acc in w59,60,61.

And I noticed that k83 had only 30 villages in it, let alone there was no k93. I grew in k87 in w17 and just for the sake of nostalgia I wanted a village there, now realizing that I will never ever be able to play on k87 kinda makes me sad. And if tw goes down at this rate who knows if there will be K75 at a time.

There used to be another browser game back in 2007 witch died now, only 26 players play it now. I'm 18, and I plan to play this game after I retire from my job too, afterr 65 would be great to play. We all want this game alive, we buy premium to contribute to it. I used to see tribalwars adds more, adds brought me to this game. Add more of them and maybe we will see more players.

TheHowling

I keep following w13 and I can not realise why people still keep on playing 15+ million accounts, when there's only barbs to noble, or inactive players, and there's no end in sight, you can't win anything, you might with this next war, but what about after that, and after that, and when players start quiting, your tribe dissolves...'

W13 lives on and INSO

just wonder if anyone is mad enough to get to 100 Million rofl...

DeletedUser103644

There is more then 1 reason to this

You are correct kinggranit180

being new is not easy, you often end up being nobled fast. this can ruin tw for you or you keep playing to succeed. It would help if experienced players help new players to gain experienced.

Here are more reasons

1. There are more, The increased amount of servers in different language

2. Many worlds, Many player stay at older worlds to finish instead of joining a new world.

3. Little advertising. There is still many people that for sure would love tw but because of bad advertising at this time they don't even know tw exists.

4. Setup, Many players do not like the setup for the new world so they wait until next.

5. Dominant tribes can prevent others from being interested to join.

6. Real life, sometimes you don't have time for tw and have to quit, however most return at some point.

There are many factor which all are involved here, and they all make this decreasing number reality. Some more than others. However the amount as of this time seem to be stable at 20000 players, a certain amount leave, some new and some return.
I doubt this server will die but if there is anything that can gather more players I think it's a good idfea and I'm up for it

I've mentioned 6 reasons above and restated a 7th, I know for a fact there are more, so please add those missing factors.

Now I think we should discuss this further and more detailed, It can turn out to be rather fun :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I agree, I think people should have the option to vote for new worlds.

For e.g. like a multiple poll that would be on all worlds, only the last 5 worlds don't get the right to vote I'll explain that later.

Multiple polls on sever speed, no haul limit or with haul limit, paladin/no paladin, churches/no churches, archers and MA/no archers either MA, secrets/no secrets.

And out of all that mix lets say this one gets more total votes from the worlds that participated in voting.

This one wins:

No haul limit/With Paladin weapons/No churches/Archers YES/No secrets.

World 62 opens with these settings.
Now when w63 is about to open and TW makes another poll, w62 can not vote for the next 3-5 worlds because most of the people who voted for it joined and got what they wanted. The poll is again made on all worlds and those who won, for eg I voted for No haul limit and the world turned out like that. Now I won't have the right to vote for the next world only, so the other people who wanted a haul limit world would get a chance against the majority.

This could encourage people to join a current world and have more population in it. I personally when I dislike some settings I don't bother joining, when the next world does not fit my preferences i skip that one too, and become somehow frustrated and rage quit TW for a time. Im a moving player, just like the ones who show up and leave and then show up again.

I like to go to 2 mil somewhere around it, and quit. I always buy premium after 250k points.

As for new players most are doomed when they are near elite ones, and there are more pro players in new worlds everyday. Eventually the people who come back to this game are the ones who had glory in the past and tw somehow is still sweet for them, me for e.g.
And people who get nobled at start for more than 3-4 times get frustrated and never come back. After I got nobled by a guy named "gerogahti" i still remember his name lol, he talked to me on msn and learned me the game. We should socialize with the people we noble, or take some of them make them morale bashers and learn them the game. That helps too, every little bit. What do you think? Sorry for the eye bleeding long post.

DeletedUser

This game is dying because of co-players, I'm more than capable of sniping and 100ms trains, however as I hate the fact people have co-players, there's no suprise to attacks, tw has got worse because of this.

DeletedUser103245

This game is dying because of co-players, I'm more than capable of sniping and 100ms trains, however as I hate the fact people have co-players, there's no suprise to attacks, tw has got worse because of this.

Agreed 100%.

Kinda kills the game for me. Why should I spend my time farming and building at all, when the account with 30 villages nearby has 3 people doing it for them.

Sorta hopeless.

twenty-five

There's no surprise to attacks? Serious question: how is it more fair to be able to destroy someone's hardwork when they are offline than it is for them to have a co-player?

DeletedUser102484

It's sadly depressing when the first thread that catches my eyes when I log on the forum is this thread :L

It surely can't encourage any new players :/

Crazyish

There's no surprise to attacks? Serious question: how is it more fair to be able to destroy someone's hardwork when they are offline than it is for them to have a co-player?

As opposed to an account running 3 or 4 people destroying an account run by one person when they are offline? Are you actually calling that more fair?

The fact is co-players means less accounts per world and little to no chance for new players to survive. Which all translates to a whole lot less accounts playing TW.

DeletedUser

Are you serious? how ridiculous, i cant believe you just said that. Is it tribal hugs so you dont get attacked because your always got someone online? this game is dying because they allowed that interaction on accounts.

A humble player

Are you serious?
Yes
how ridiculous
Not really
i cant believe you just said that.
Why not, it makes lots of sense
Is it tribal hugs so you dont get attacked because your always got someone online?
You didn't respond to the question. Which is fairer, the guy who can play 18 hours a day alone, or the fact that any 2 players can join together and play 18 hours together, whenever they want, even with busy schedules?
this game is dying because they allowed that interaction on accounts.
Why, what leads you to believe that?

DeletedUser

Agreed 100%.

Kinda kills the game for me. Why should I spend my time farming and building at all, when the account with 30 villages nearby has 3 people doing it for them.

Sorta hopeless.

Ever thought about getting a coplayer? :icon_idea: