Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

A thread about a dieing game getting 65,000 views and 1600 replies and still top of the general forum after like 18 months... yeah noone cares about TW anymore :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Yes

Not really

Why not, it makes lots of sense

You didn't respond to the question. Which is fairer, the guy who can play 18 hours a day alone, or the fact that any 2 players can join together and play 18 hours together, whenever they want, even with busy schedules?

Why, what leads you to believe that?[I/QUOTE]

Ok, the guy that plays 18 hours a day would normally be in the core.. They don't play 18 hours together, it's usually 24 hour managed, don't pretend it's not. For a new player joining who's going to want to "co" him? It'd be like one of those rubbish applications to join a tribe, you know it as well as I.

I'd also like a moderator/morthy if he reads this to reply to this bit- the morale system is flawed. How can I as a 30k player attack a 4k player with ONLY 80% morale, I've got villages of nukes in the world I'm in, if he's lucky he'll have a few thousand sword and spears. If bigger players do it, what chance is there of new players sticking around, let's work this out. 4k vs 30k just as an example. Over 7 times the size. Anyone want to suggest how to defend against a couple of nukes there with one village without it getting nobled? Answer is, long term, impossible.

DeletedUser

I'd also like a moderator/morthy if he reads this to reply to this bit- the morale system is flawed. How can I as a 30k player attack a 4k player with ONLY 80% morale, I've got villages of nukes in the world I'm in, if he's lucky he'll have a few thousand sword and spears. If bigger players do it, what chance is there of new players sticking around, let's work this out. 4k vs 30k just as an example. Over 7 times the size. Anyone want to suggest how to defend against a couple of nukes there with one village without it getting nobled? Answer is, long term, impossible.

I was that 4k nub when I first started playing this game. I'm still here(sun). It didn't make me want to quit. It pissed me off enough so that I started asking those 30k players what I was doing wrong...and then you slowly get better.

King Sean04

I was that 4k nub when I first started playing this game. I'm still here(sun). It didn't make me want to quit. It pissed me off enough so that I started asking those 30k players what I was doing wrong...and then you slowly get better.

^This basically. I was rimmed on my first world and restarted. Found a great tribe and I'm still playing. You just have to do whatever it takes to get better. Ask the more experienced players for tips, read guides, try different things, etc.

DeletedUser100635

I agree with you man. In my first world I was upgrading my resource mines and building a mixed village like a complete noob. Soon enough I got nobled by a guy that went on to get rank 1. I wanted to know how to grow as well as he did so I just kept asking him and other players questions and they helped me get better quickly. Some people were incredibly rude however and just palmed you off as a noob. It takes initiative to learn this game, which is something that a lot of noobs don't have. Making information on how to play more readily accessible is a good idea but catering to those that cbf is not.

I have actually tried to mail people who I have nobled to give them tips, many do listen but many also are either in denial about their own skills, too stubborn to listen or just outright lazy and not willing to do what it takes in this game to become successful. If people lack motivation to try and learn, then they were never going to stick around for long anyway. These people probably wouldn't stick around in many other RL endeavors either so i dont really care if these kind of people leave.

The players who want to learn will stick around if you provide them with readily available information on how to play effectively. If you keep trying to cater more and more for players who cbf learning properly then you start to undermine the competitive nature of this game. The game needs to be kept competitive because i believe it is one of the major contributions to its success to date.

I dont agree with this at all. If anything I believe morale should be somewhat nerfed. My idea would be to get rid of points based morale after 3 months into the world. Providing perfect conditions for a slow growing player to just turtle up with morale and bonfire does not teach them what it takes to become successful, if anything it teaches them bad habits. It's also extremely annoying when your trying to clean your area out and some guy is nobling workshop bonus barbs in his spare 30 minutes each day and you can never clear his main to get him to stop.

So at the end of the day we as a community are responsible for encouraging and teaching new players if they show the will to learn. Undermining the competitive aspects of this game by making things more friendly to those who have flawed playing styles and cbf learning is not a solution to the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104334

The reason I see is that new players don´t have a chance against players which are playing this game like about 5 years (like I do) Till they understand the game they already got nobled^^

DeletedUser

The reason I see is that new players don´t have a chance against players which are playing this game like about 5 years (like I do) Till they understand the game they already got nobled^^

Isn't that true about any game? Or anything in life?
A player has to learn the game, practice at it, in order to get better before they can compete with the best the game has to offer?

There are very few naturals who can compete immediately, there are many natural learners, but until they've learned, they don't stand a chance either.

A humble player

Ok, the guy that plays 18 hours a day would normally be in the core..
So would the coplayed account, your point?
They don't play 18 hours together, it's usually 24 hour managed, don't pretend it's not.
No pretending, it isn't. I currently coplay an account that gets less that 8 hours of coverage, with both players. The most coverage I've ever gotten was 18 hours, and that was with 5 players on the account. I've never seen an account that was active for more than 22 hours.
For a new player joining who's going to want to "co" him? It'd be like one of those rubbish applications to join a tribe, you know it as well as I.
Except that new players who have a brain (read, can speak english well and know basic maths and logically think) are prized possessions, because good players can teach them without having (incorrect) predispositions get in the way.

I'd love to know how the top players are doing if you have villages full of nukes at 30K. That seems slow...

DeletedUser

Anyone want to suggest how to defend against a couple of nukes there with one village without it getting nobled? Answer is, long term, impossible.

Ever heard of sniping / backtiming or a tribe?

wolfman7075

still I think the worlds end date should be set before the game starts . if you have one year , or two.
this way you have something to shoot for . before to many worlds open , this way you dont lose so many players to
other worlds so early .

DeletedUser

maybe beginner protection could have something like not being able to get your first village nobled for about 1 week...just so that new players can get the hang of the game without getting nobled out straight away

King Sean04

Because I'm sure that when we were noobs we knew about sniping and backtiming.. :icon_rolleyes:

The person who's question he answered never specified pro or noob. Dark Prince answered the question. Nice try :lol:

DeletedUser104215

well the dif btw world ending and world starting is quite alarming

DeletedUser

Agreed 100%.

Kinda kills the game for me. Why should I spend my time farming and building at all, when the account with 30 villages nearby has 3 people doing it for them.

Sorta hopeless.

I agree with this one. One solution could be a "special" world with no co-players, 2x speed and an ending date like 2 years. Also instead of beginner protection, maybe a noble-protection could be something? This would surely gives fresh players some extra days to gain knowledge and seek help.

DeletedUser

gotta say my experience in tw,
i joined w41, i think in k25. (rim). managed to take the 1000 pointed barb next to me, and i automatically had a train incoming of a core player

My deductions there: Barb nobling was wrong
What i did: i mailed the guy, asking for tips/help
The guy teached me some basis and then he nobled me,

after that i joined another world, and did better. got up to rank 100 whit 15 villagues or so. Got rimmed too, wasnt very good whit the talking by then, and diplomacy is important whitin this game.

Then i joined w58, and here i am. alife whit a 2millons acc.

i think noob/new players can get a chance if they will to learn... :icon_rolleyes:

One suggestion would be give a introducion whit all the basis of the game when you join a world, just to start knowing the terms like "nuke" "train" "nobles".