No mud no glory

Soberknight

Seems my worst case scenario is now the current reality...

Without Mudpie and his tribemembers this forum has died a horrible death!

RIP W50 forum :icon_sad:

Any ideas on how we can change this or am i the only one that wants this to change?

And btw: happy newyear! (old thread was closed for no apparent reason!)

DeletedUser

I noticed this, and I don't think we can entirely attach it to the disappearance of mud.

The fact is (correct me if I'm wrong) that there's nothing going on on the world. There are no exciting wars, not even any big ones, other than ODA-TCOA, but ODA are simply eating their opposition as quickly as their barb-nobling (TCOA's, not ODA's) allows.

Now if -SOL- were to continue their world-wide recruiting and take all the other reasonably good tribeless players... Now that would be interesting!

DeletedUser

Without Mudpie and his tribemembers this forum has died a horrible death!
They happened to be all talk. They knew the shit storm was closing in so they ran.

Of course they had to run from the forums to, otherwise they'd be ridiculed further :icon_redface:
Now if -SOL- were to continue their world-wide recruiting and take all the other reasonably good tribeless players... Now that would be interesting!
Why don't you ask your SOL buddies whats coming soon. They know and some are in your pre-made that merged before taking off.

DeletedUser

Why don't you ask your SOL buddies whats coming soon. They know and some are in your pre-made that merged before taking off.

I have a pretty good idea what's coming, I'm just hoping that they'll be more interesting than TCOA. And what's wrong with a merge? Surely it'll be the inevitable hug for ODA and 1984.

I thought that my posting might attract some 1984 flaming, my plan worked

I better had go away now. Enjoy W50.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have a pretty good idea what's coming, I'm just hoping that they'll be more interesting than TCOA. And what's wrong with a merge? Surely it'll be the inevitable hug for ODA and 1984.
Now now, don't speak about what you don't know.

Run along and fail elsewhere my friend before I pass some information to some of your enemies on 63.

Soberknight

Well, better flaming than nothing at all :)

The thread is not about mud at all, though the title might suggest otherwise. I just found it a nice catchy title.

Ofcourse around the time that war was declared, this forum was still very much fun to read and follow. With Mud and Wanker on 1 side, and 1984 on the other side.

After that war the age of boredom started. Just trying to get bit of excitement back on forum. Ofcourse you are right the true reason is the world itself is not exciting anymore.

DeletedUser

Ofcourse around the time that war was declared, this forum was still very much fun to read and follow. With Mud and Wanker on 1 side, and 1984 on the other side.

After that war the age of boredom started. Just trying to get bit of excitement back on forum. Ofcourse you are right the true reason is the world itself is not exciting anymore.
The boredom started long before the the Love/1984 war, both ingame and forums.

I'd say probably pushing 7-8 months ago ingame and the forums took a spiral.

Welcome to late stage, where the best players leave. Enter the active players, taking the place of the skilled.

DeletedUser100410

so boring this forum...so boring...

is ODA eating TCOA quickly enough ? may be time for some new maths :p

Soberknight

And you have done the math (froggies thread). I appreciate it because its fun to read about progress of wars.

Will post my view on your stats later today on the other thread to keep this one on topic ;)

But: Is this just the way these things go or is there something we can do about it?
Would be fun for me, for example, to read on weekly base from 1984 on how they feel they are progressing, which opponents you have faced and perhaps even some insight in their skills ( while trying to keep flaming on a respectable level)...

Any ideas?

Wolf, you or TW have any ideas on how to stop world forums from dying in the later stage of the game?

DeletedUser

I did the math over skype to debbie (sweetmisery) the other day and we still have a while left on the server.

For a world to go into endgame, there needs to be 85% dominance by the top tribe or alliance (1984 + ODA) in terms of player villages.
As it currently stands, there are 140,714 villages. Lets just call that 141,000 for easy math. Lets assume by the end of the server, there will be around the same amount of player villages.

As you can see from this graph, the number of barbarians in the world is slowly decreasing due to barblers, but then it has a habit of surging back up again when players barb. Eventually the barblers will be nobled and/or quit (ie, szakferi appears to have given up the fight) so the number of barbs will pick up again. eventually.

image.php

According to the ingame rankings:

ODA have: 53189 villages
1984 have: 26464 villages

Unless my calculator is broke, we have 79653 villages collectively. Again, for easy maths, lets just say we collectively have 80k villages.

(80000/141000)*100= 56.74% dominance but lets just say 57%.

I mentioned before we needed 85% dominance to get to endgame right? well:

(141000/100)*85 = 119850

So we need roughly 120k villages collectively to put it to endgame.

we have 80k, so we need another 40k

according to here ODA are up 5287 villages in the last 30 days.
According to here, 1984 are up 1903 villages in the last 30 days.

So, 1984 + ODA are up 7190 villages in the past 30 days.
So, on an average day, the 2 are up 239.66667 villages. lets just say 240 for ease of numbers.

40000/240 = 166.66667 days. lets just say 167 for easier maths.

that is how long until the world will be put into endgame

thats about 5 and a half months.

So then the world is put into endgame, and a poll pops up ingame saying to end the world in 2 months, 3 months or at 100% domination.

this poll takes a couple weeks from what i understand, so lets bump that up to 6 months now.

In the earliest scenario choose-able (2 months) that means we have 8 months left on the world based on the above information

Well, so you would think. theres still a lot of factors left unconsidered.

We've just had 1/3 priced coins put in. Not to mention we will likely get 1/5 priced coins before endgame.

Some players in 1984 or ODA will probably barb (or even worse in terms of ending the world quickly, leave/be kicked). this will increase the time taken to end the world.

Then there's the fact that as the world goes on, less and less people continue to noble actively.

Also, will 1984 or ODA recruit anyone else before the world ends? I have to admit i will be a bit surprised if 0 -SOL- accounts end up on the winning side at the end of the world.

Not to mention all the rounding i did probably threw it off by a week or so

--

tl;dr? we have about 8 months left.

Soberknight

Was so tempted to start the flaming by saying: Your analysis states its ODA and 1984 that are going to win! (ofcourse they are).

I dont play the world but i have seen alliances get broken which will postpone the endgame even further.

On the other side: your math is based on average nobling in last 30 days but in my opinion its more exponential (the more villas you have, the more troops you have, the more you can farm and when 1/5 nobles kicks in, the averages will increase).

Nevertheless: your math/analysis does give a good view on when to expect endgame to start.

But: can we get this forum alive again or should we just bury it?

DeletedUser

Was so tempted to start the flaming by saying: Your analysis states its ODA and 1984 that are going to win! (ofcourse they are).

I dont play the world but i have seen alliances get broken which will postpone the endgame even further.

On the other side: your math is based on average nobling in last 30 days but in my opinion its more exponential (the more villas you have, the more troops you have, the more you can farm and when 1/5 nobles kicks in, the averages will increase).

Nevertheless: your math/analysis does give a good view on when to expect endgame to start.

But: can we get this forum alive again or should we just bury it?

Well if ODA want to break the alliance, they are free to. It's not exactly like we could stop them from attacking us if they chose to. I don't like long range nobling, so i wouldnt mind getting my teeth stuck into demonika, taco or macready. Im just happier with them as allies to win the world sooner.

Soberknight

From what i do know about ODA i dont think it will happen: Most of the players from ODA and 1984 get along too well.

It is perhaps the only option to make this world alive again, we shall see what happens ;)

DeletedUser

now this makes for an exciting forum...someone wants to bite me! very exciting indeed! :)

DeletedUser

now this makes for an exciting forum...someone wants to bite me! very exciting indeed! :)

hehe <3

Bite you Roberta :)
Be a bit far though :p

<3

you know what i'm saying. i like a good fight, and there isnt one on this world anymore because a long range fight is just too slow and easy to eliminate. I'm stuck eating barblers who don't know how to fight back, in an area over 100 hours nuke speed away from my core.

DeletedUser100410

Well if ODA want to break the alliance, they are free to. It's not exactly like we could stop them from attacking us if they chose to. I don't like long range nobling, so i wouldnt mind getting my teeth stuck into demonika, taco or macready. Im just happier with them as allies to win the world sooner.

I share borders with Monika all around the northern hemisphere, please dont, too much work!

i wouldnt mind hitting macreadys k3 cluster (devil) i outnumber him there

and ofc Taco, he looks so inactive/abandoned (chuckle)

was not this the secret forum for our secret conspiracy? :O (bandit)