Discussion: vB4 Update

DeletedUser94483

Well Morthy imo figure out if Vbulletin would be willing to accommodate a forum set up that would appreciated by the community and if they are unwilling to budge on it look for a new forum hoster that is willing to work with innogames to fulfill the desires of the community..Yes there are some features I like...but the colors and textures burn my eyes and the thin page means i have to get up close and personal to my computer to read it....on top of MANY MANY issues. Please consider looking for a new System to host your forums on so that the updates that are good as part of it can be implemented and all the garbage can be removed.

DeletedUser

Constructive negative feedback is always welcome. However, posts such as those from faaaaark only satisfy one criteria so aren't really that useful to us and don't achieve much.
Sorry but it does achieve something. It shows you that your customer base is not happy. Instead of discounting my posts, try listening to the people that pay your salary.

Yes, my tone is negative, but that's because the your update is a mess.
The maps are pathetic and we rely on these for this game.

Face the truth, the update was not a success. Accept the criticism and find a solution.

Some posts from another section in the forum:
People also like having the ability to use the whole width of their monitors. I didn't pay the extra cash for a bigger screen for you to decide that i needed 6 inches of it filled with an old house and some turrets.

But as ever, you won't learn. Your member base will continue to decline, and slowly, TW will die a painful, muted death.

Consider putting the effort into what really matters.....

And this one...
doubtful, everyone hated it on .co.uk when they updated and lost alot of posters, that was months ago. so they ignored all the bad points and updated it here with a much larger userbase and it'll have the same result here.
The common thought is for every person that complains about something, there are 10 people who don't bother to speak up. Now go back through this thread and count how many have agreed that the new layout has problems.

I'm not moaning here for shits and giggles... I'm actually trying to get TW to see that they screwed up. I've mentioned that the layout looks cheap and nasty and the updating maps are impossible to read. People have since discounted my posts. If so... please buy me a set of binoculars and I'll happily shut up.

We have had to go through a shitload of changes recently, some good but unfortunately a lot are bad. John, you need to learn that when you do something right, you won't hear from us, but when you screw up... you will definitely hear from the ones willing to voice their concerns.

John, man up for once and realise that there are other options such as other forum hosts out there, different styles etc. Posting here that my posts are ineffective is a sign that you are part of the problem. Listen to your customer base and you may actually improve things. I'm not here to tell you which one to use, that is not the purpose of this thread. If I gave you a solution, you wouldn't listen anyways. I'm just some random troll in your eyes.

For the record, I gave you a solution YEARS AGO for the sitter rule and nothing was done until recently. How many people were lost from this game through stupid bans over the years???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Who said you had to be gay?? I know plenty of girls that like it that way. Does that make them gay??

So now because I've got an opinion different from you I'm a woman?

Also:

The fact that everyone and their horse is complaining it looks ugly isn't helping man nor beast.

guess what... complaining WILL get results

posts such as those from faaaaark...aren't really that useful to us and don't achieve much.

:lol:

DeletedUser656

Sorry but it does achieve something. It shows you that your customer base is not happy. Instead of discounting my posts, try listening to the people that pay your salary.

Yes, my tone is negative, but that's because the your update is a mess.
The maps are pathetic and we rely on these for this game.

Face the truth, the update was not a success. Accept the criticism and find a solution.

Some posts from another section in the forum:

And this one...

The common thought is for every person that complains about something, there are 10 people who don't bother to speak up. Now go back through this thread and count how many have agreed that the new layout has problems.

I'm not moaning here for shits and giggles... I'm actually trying to get TW to see that they screwed up. I've mentioned that the layout looks cheap and nasty and the updating maps are impossible to read. People have since discounted my posts. If so... please buy me a set of binoculars and I'll happily shut up.

We have had to go through a shitload of changes recently, some good but unfortunately a lot are bad. John, you need to learn that when you do something right, you won't hear from us, but when you screw up... you will definitely hear from the ones willing to voice their concerns.

John, man up for once and realise that there are other options such as other forum hosts out there, different styles etc. Posting here that my posts are ineffective is a sign that you are part of the problem. Listen to your customer base and you may actually improve things. I'm not here to tell you which one to use, that is not the purpose of this thread. If I gave you a solution, you wouldn't listen anyways. I'm just some random troll in your eyes.

For the record, I gave you a solution YEARS AGO for the sitter rule and nothing was done until recently. How many people were lost from this game through stupid bans over the years???

Unsure as to who John is.

If your feedback is not constructive then it is of no use to us. The majority of other players are able to convey their negative opinion in a constructive way, it shouldn't be so hard for you to do it as well.

Frankly, it's hard to treat you as anything but a troll when you tell me to "man up" while you're telling us to find a different forum "host" (hint: we host our own forums, maybe you mean software), while anyone with even the smallest bit of experience with online forum software knows that migrating from vB to a different product for a forum with over 6 million posts is impossible unless you delete all the content and start from scratch.

Honestly, the only thing I get out of your posts is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

To everyone else: We are aware of the problem with the maps and are looking into it. We also hope to improve the design in the future, but don't have the resources right now.

DeletedUser

I do actually have a couple of issues though. When deleting a message, one clicks edit, then delete, then the instructions below read:

'To delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.'

However, the check box to delete the post is above those instructions (ie should read 'Check the appropriate option above'). Minor issue.

The second, and larger issue I have with this style is that closed threads are no longer 'geschlossen'. :(

DeletedUser

Unsure as to who John is.

If your feedback is not constructive then it is of no use to us. The majority of other players are able to convey their negative opinion in a constructive way, it shouldn't be so hard for you to do it as well.

Frankly, it's hard to treat you as anything but a troll when you tell me to "man up" while you're telling us to find a different forum "host" (hint: we host our own forums, maybe you mean software), while anyone with even the smallest bit of experience with online forum software knows that migrating from vB to a different product for a forum with over 6 million posts is impossible unless you delete all the content and start from scratch.

Honestly, the only thing I get out of your posts is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

To everyone else: We are aware of the problem with the maps and are looking into it. We also hope to improve the design in the future, but don't have the resources right now.
The only thing I get out of your post is that you have updated other forums and you didn't learn from the feedback given... 'constructive or negative'. Maybe it is you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

This clearly was a problem on other forums run by Inno, but you have chosen to implement the same changes to the forum that has one of the LARGEST customer bases (.net) BEFORE finding a solution for the maps.

Excellent work there matey.

Yes, I don't know enough about forums and the structure needed. Someone else posted about it and I added to their comment. All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't implement a system that has existing faults that have angered users on other servers and reduced the number of users. I'd actually try to implement something that works. If I had implemented this, I'd take the criticism on the chin as my customer base is more than unhappy.

As for calling you John, my apologies... I was told that was your name.

DeletedUser93439

Morthy isn't John. Someone lied to you.

Also, the largest TW player base and forum is .DE, not .net.

DeletedUser656

The only thing I get out of your post is that you have updated other forums and you didn't learn from the feedback given... 'constructive or negative'. Maybe it is you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

This clearly was a problem on other forums run by Inno, but you have chosen to implement the same changes to the forum that has the LARGEST customer base (.net) BEFORE finding a solution for the maps.

Excellent work there matey.

Yes, I don't know enough about forums and the structure needed. Someone else posted about it and I added to their comment. All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't implement a system that has existing faults that have angered users on other servers and reduced the number of users. I'd actually try to implement something that works. If I had implemented this, I'd take the criticism on the chin as my customer base is more than unhappy.

As for calling you John, my apologies... I was told that was your name.

Actually, in the grand scheme of things the 3rd party auto updating maps aren't a big deal and aren't something any designer would try to fit into a fixed size design.

.net isn't even close to being the largest customer base. Beyond the first few days and the people who don't really know what they're talking about, there hasn't been much negative feedback on other forums.

Anyway, beyond what was said in my previous post I have no wish to continue pointing out all the inaccuracies in your posts. The people who pay my salary (hint: it's not you) have work for me to do.

DeletedUser

Edited... happy?

Actually, in the grand scheme of things the 3rd party auto updating maps aren't a big deal and aren't something any designer would try to fit into a fixed size design.

.net isn't even close to being the largest customer base. Beyond the first few days and the people who don't really know what they're talking about, there hasn't been much negative feedback on other forums.

Anyway, beyond what was said in my previous post I have no wish to continue pointing out all the inaccuracies in your posts. The people who pay my salary (hint: it's not you) have work for me to do.
This is where you clearly fail. From our perspective, the maps are one of the most important things of the forum.

I give up. As always refuse to listen to your customers. I'll be finishing my current world and I'm out of here.

There are plenty of other sites that offer a better service.

You win... but thanks for pointing out that our opinion means shit to you. The bolded part above explains it fairly well.

DeletedUser

I forget his surname, I have a feeling it's 'Dawson' but I cant quite remember.

DeletedUser

ok well i can do constrcutive feedback i guess

for a start its far too bright, from wat i have seen hurts a lot of ppls eyes just lookin at it and i agree, does hurt my eyes a bit so the brightness needs sorted
maybe if you darken it the words that are in bright colours may stand out more, idk sumthin for ur designer to play with tho
but the idea should be to make everythin clear for a start

the village pic in the bkground is very unnecasary, only pics i want to see on the forums are the updating maps and amusin funny pics in war declarations

im no tech support or web designer but get rid of the pic and widen the page for a start, im pretty sure you can make much better use of the page and make much better layouts/options on a page as theres plenty of space available

DeletedUser

It's not too bright for me. I would suggest turning your own brightness down.

Also, I'm confused as to what picture everyone wants rid of. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Repinski

The image to the sides of this new narrow forum needs to go so that the forum can be widened which is greatly needed. Widening it up will probably solve the issue with the maps getting shrunk also but I could be wrong there.

Another issue that I continually dislike is every time I hit backspace or return for the first time while writing a post in the quick reply box, it shoots to the start of the message or to where the cursor starts when I'm quoting someone. This ends up being a great annoyance having to move the cursor back after removing the unneeded lines it just made me create or rewriting the portion of the quote I just deleted due to the jump.

tl;dr Version

1. Fix the backspace/enter/return issue in quick reply typing
2. Widen the forums back up.
3. Find a solution for the Nickjer maps. They've become an asset to this game.

DeletedUser

I'm still not seeing the image.

E: Nvm, I see what y'all are on about. My netbook doesnt display in widescreen so I normally cant see said image unless i zoom out 4x, so its not much of a problem for me. You know the grey border that runs round the screen from just above the 'Whats New/Forum' links at the top and below the little scout at the bottom? Yeah, my screen goes as wide as that.

DeletedUser94483

Well no wonder you have not been as huffy as us about it...you cant even see half the problems :| lol

DeletedUser

If the background picture constitutes 'half the problems' then you've not go much to complain about.

DeletedUser

vB4 default is less of an eyesore than the new TW look, which says something. :icon_neutral: