Discussion: vB4 Update

DeletedUser

SirEwok why do I get the funny feeling you worked on this update.

No, I just appreciate that the TW team was put in a bit of an awkward position here regarding the fact that whether they liked it or not, the update was going to happen. The few minor problems that affect me aside, I have no problem with this new style.

You seem to be rude to everyone who posted here.

I wasn't actually rude, I was pointing out the flaws in your statement. You stated that, under no uncertain terms, these forums were only used for two things and if those two things were taken away these forums were useless. You dungoofed in a manner reserved only for the nubbiest nubs that ever did nub, because there are a very high number of us (probably not a majority, but a major minority) that come here for reasons other than what you described. Having said that, I am quite willing to get rude towards people who blindly ignore the rest of the thread and complain about what can't be helped (or for which there is another solution).

Its either that, or you're unemployed and hoping for a job at tw.

I'm quite happy working at my current job, thanks. I'm flattered that you think I have what it takes to work for Inno though.

If its the first then please hope tw doesnt ask for their money back. If its the former, good luck their 'budget' is strained.

Their budget is strained? I wouldn't have said that.

Or you could go back to that galaxy far, far away and leave people trying to help with this mess to it.

So you making assumptions, jumping to conclusions and generally being self-righteous is you trying to help, right?

For one, and I'm not the only one, this is pretty much tw's last chance at our money.

So vBulletin as good as forces an update on TW, and then they state that they are quite obviously are happy to look into fixing problems we have (else what would be the point in this thread asking for feedback?) and that is somehow not good enough for you? Surely if you value TW as much as you want to be valued as a customer then you'd want to stand by and offer constructive critiscism as they attempt to improve instead of blindly threatening them and throwing a hissy fit because your eyes are 'stained'.

Go hang out with Darth Vader or someone

Protip: he's a fictional character.

since you can't fix anything.

Interdasting. What makes you think that I can't fix anything? Or that my opinion is automatically invalid because my thoughts are different to yours? Thats a bit short sighted of someone that professes to be trying to help.

People have been playing this game a Looooong Time.

Protip: I've been playing longer than you have.

We Pay for it.

Protip: Your PP doesn't pay Morthy's wages.

It is now pretty much unusable as it is.

So just because the forum is now in a style that you don't like (and even though there is a choice of two styles) that renders the entire game unusable?

If it doesn't get fixed there are other games out there that Are Interested in Players who Pay and Play. Just Sayin...

If you want to go play travian, nobody is stopping you. In fact we'd have less idiotic posts to put up with so you'd be doing us a favour.

DeletedUser

I'm quite happy working at my current job, thanks. I'm flattered that you think I have what it takes to work for Inno though.

i didnt read anywhere in his post that you have the qualifications or standards to be a tw member so....i dont think he implied anything other then your brown nosing tw team to get some kind of job here

reading all the posts though i would agree if that is indeed what he is implying as you are very much on the side of this new lay out or design or whatever you want to call it and you seem very opposed to everyones negative opinions regarding this even though its a feedback topic

DeletedUser

the new look forums look dreadful, map threads are illegible, another great success for TW.

DeletedUser

You mean because I capitalise, use full stops and write words in full? Don't mistake that for seriousness.

mayb if i talkd like this ud like me more

DeletedUser

If you think Innogames only exists because you spend £5 a month on premium then you are sadly mistaken.

earthquake girl

If you think Innogames only exists because you spend £5 a month on premium then you are sadly mistaken.

If you think anyone thinks that, you're not very bright.

There's this thing called a "customer base," and everyone here is a part of that. No customers? No advertisers. No advertisers? No income. So yes, we do pay a portion of those salaries.

Sure, you can keep on telling us we're idiots or that we "don't get it" or whatever insults you want to throw at us. But the plain fact of the matter is, quite a few of us here have developed and maintained actual, professional web sites -- with forums, even! -- for a living; some of us still do. So even if you choose to bury your head in the sand and ignore us, it won't change the fact that we do know what we're talking about.

Every time someone who works for Innogames comes along to tell that customer base that our opinions are worthless or insult us, you lose a little bit of that customer base and a hell of a lot of respect.

Do you have any idea how grossly unprofessional it is for Innogames to allow its representatives to insult its customers? Common sense says treat them respectfully or you won't have customers left. It doesn't matter if the people were harsh or rude -- the people who play this game are the only reason Innogames exists, period.

DeletedUser

1) I haven't called you an idiot or told you that you 'dont get it'.
2) The TW team have never told you your opinion is worthless.
3) Inno's representatives haven't insulted you.

earthquake girl

1) I haven't called you an idiot or told you that you 'dont get it'.
2) The TW team have never told you your opinion is worthless.
3) Inno's representatives haven't insulted you.

1. I didn't say "me," I said "us." And yes, some of the people on this thread were insulted.
2. Yes, actually, they have. On more than one occasion, and not just on this server. (Also, see #1.)
3. Again, see #1. But yes, in fact, they have -- both in game and on the forums. Every person who works for or volunteers for Innogames is a representative of the company.

DeletedUser

1)) I haven't told anybody they 'don't get it' or any variation thereof. If you want to quote me that would be lovely.
2) No, they havent. If you want to quote them, that would be lovely.
3) See #2

earthquake girl

To an ex-web developer:
Honestly, the only thing I get out of your posts is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

To the people on this thread in general:
All the complaints about 'oooh its 2 brite' and 'oooh i dont wike the way it wooks' are plain enough to see without a widescreen lappy. Regardless, I think your problems are numerous and few enough of them are about vBulletin :p

To someone in specific, on this thread:
If you weren't such a troll and actually bothered to read any of the threads on this subject (ie, this one) you would know that Morthy can't revert to the old style.

thanks,

starwars.

Yet another insult aimed at the people on this forum:
I agree, speaking to nubs on these forums seems like yelling at the wind.

More insults:
I wasn't actually rude, I was pointing out the flaws in your statement. You stated that, under no uncertain terms, these forums were only used for two things and if those two things were taken away these forums were useless. You dungoofed in a manner reserved only for the nubbiest nubs that ever did nub, because there are a very high number of us (probably not a majority, but a major minority) that come here for reasons other than what you described. Having said that, I am quite willing to get rude towards people who blindly ignore the rest of the thread and complain about what can't be helped (or for which there is another solution).

[...]

So you making assumptions, jumping to conclusions and generally being self-righteous is you trying to help, right?

[...]

Protip: I've been playing longer than you have.

If you want to go play travian, nobody is stopping you. In fact we'd have less idiotic posts to put up with so you'd be doing us a favour.

1)) I haven't told anybody they 'don't get it' or any variation thereof. If you want to quote me that would be lovely.
2) No, they havent. If you want to quote them, that would be lovely.
3) See #2

Gosh, so many insults, sarcastic remarks, and generally rude comments in just those few little posts of yours. Good thing you don't represent Inno!

As for #2 and #3 -- I delete rude, childish things that are said to me in private because I'm an adult playing a game that's largely comprised of children and people half my age or less (like you.) Someone has to be the mature one in those exchanges, and as an actual adult I feel it's my obligation to act accordingly. However, since I specifically said it was Inno staff, and as you very clearly stated that you aren't staff, I'm not sure why you continue to respond to me as though you are. Also, I'm pretty sure you haven't seen every single post on the servers I've been on, or every IGM and PM that was ever sent to me (or anyone else on TW), so your implication that I'm a liar is just plain ridiculous.

Fact is, sweety, if I say they've insulted me in the past, then they have. Period. I have no reason to lie, and wouldn't even if I had one. Feel free to wander around various servers and do your own searches; be sure to include all of my various IG names.

Protip: I've been playing longer than you have. (This seemed to mean something to you in that one post of yours that I quoted, so I thought I'd mention it.)

DeletedUser

So... I didn't call anyone an idiot or tell them they 'don't get it'?

A humble player

To an ex-web developer:
an ex web developer, who, by my math, is not yet 18...more likely an ex-liar
Also, being blunt and being insulting are 2 different things.
To the people on this thread in general:

To someone in specific, on this thread:
again, blunt=/=insulting. He might reach the level of condescension, but not outright insult.
Yet another insult aimed at the people on this forum:

More insults:
still nothing.

Gosh, so many insults, sarcastic remarks, and generally rude comments in just those few little posts of yours. Good thing you don't represent Inno!
The irony hurts.
As for #2 and #3 -- I delete rude, childish things that are said to me in private because I'm an adult playing a game that's largely comprised of children and people half my age or less (like you.) Someone has to be the mature one in those exchanges, and as an actual adult I feel it's my obligation to act accordingly. However, since I specifically said it was Inno staff, and as you very clearly stated that you aren't staff, I'm not sure why you continue to respond to me as though you are. Also, I'm pretty sure you haven't seen every single post on the servers I've been on, or every IGM and PM that was ever sent to me (or anyone else on TW), so your implication that I'm a liar is just plain ridiculous.
I'm glad to hear that someone who prides themselves on the adult way in which they feel they exist was petty enough to call morthy out on an entirely true statement (this one fyi) and trying to point out petty and meaningless offenses to try and establish a case that inno has a bad interaction with its playerbase (hint: it has one of the best I've seen), is laughable. Also, what most likely pays Morthy's salary is Grepolis, or one of innos other 5-8 games, as well as non .net TW servers. .net is small beans compared to .de or .br at this point (or I'd least, I'd easily assume so).

Fact is, sweety, if I say they've insulted me in the past, then they have. Period. I have no reason to lie, and wouldn't even if I had one. Feel free to wander around various servers and do your own searches; be sure to include all of my various IG names.
By that logic, well actually, it isn't logic at all, more the antithesis of logic, but I digress. By that logic (sort of), if I were to say No one has ever insulted you, no one has. Period. I have no reason to lie, and wouldn't even if I had one.

Protip: I've been playing longer than you have. (This seemed to mean something to you in that one post of yours that I quoted, so I thought I'd mention it.)
Protip: I've been playing longer than you have, unless you happened to be around in the early parts of w1 and/or the .net beta.

DeletedUser

an ex web developer, who, by my math, is not yet 18...more likely an ex-liar
Also, being blunt and being insulting are 2 different things.

again, blunt=/=insulting. He might reach the level of condescension, but not outright insult.

still nothing.
The irony hurts.
I'm not sure I agree with you here. Insults are in the eye of the beholder, if you will. If you don't feel insulted, it doesn't necessarily mean no-one is. If EQgirl feels insulted then she was insulted. You can say that she 'ought' to have a thicker skin, or whatever, but that does not debase the case for representatives being less polite, if you will. The point was that the customer service wasn't up to par. If people feel insulted, then that is a true statement.
For the record; I think Morthy is one of Inno's best representatives. I also think Innogames as a whole has a terrible workforce and -ethic.

I'm glad to hear that someone who prides themselves on the adult way in which they feel they exist was petty enough to call morthy out on an entirely true statement (this one fyi) and trying to point out petty and meaningless offenses to try and establish a case that inno has a bad interaction with its playerbase (hint: it has one of the best I've seen), is laughable. Also, what most likely pays Morthy's salary is Grepolis, or one of innos other 5-8 games, as well as non .net TW servers. .net is small beans compared to .de or .br at this point (or I'd least, I'd easily assume so).
Again, EQgirl's account of innogames' finances seemed pretty spot-on. It's true that grepolis et al generate money as well but that doesn't mean the tw.net income is negligible, or innogames wouldn't bother. More to the point, Morthy's post was probably better left unsaid. Even if it was wholly true, it would still be bad to mention it. What's the purpose, to 'win' a 'discussion' with a dissatisfied customer..?

By that logic, well actually, it isn't logic at all, more the antithesis of logic, but I digress. By that logic (sort of), if I were to say No one has ever insulted you, no one has. Period. I have no reason to lie, and wouldn't even if I had one.
No, that's not sound logic. You have no actual information about whether she has or hasn't been insulted, while she does have first-hand facts about such matters. The logic isn't comparable. For that matter, again, EQgirl's point about not having reason to lie etc was not invalid.