Discussion: vB4 Update

DeletedUser

You displease the conservative gamer. Don't worry, like all conservative gamers, after a while they don't care about the update and get used to it. It needs a few changes but people will live with it.

my main gripe is that the forums are slower to load. If you care about aesthetics, you should really not be playing TW, it's a text based game...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106013

My, my, my is this ever hard on the eyes, urmm. Is there a possible way where there can be a poll set up about this? As I think that they would want all players/forum users to be happy and feel "at home" , and honestly .. This new update makes me feel like I'm not even on the same game forums.

Very disappointed
:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

This will be the final straw for a lot of players thinking of quitting.

Thankfully, there is an option down the very bottom where you can change to the VB4 default skin. Sure, it looks less like tribalwars, but it is at least less intrusive on the retinas.

A humble player

Do you seriously want feedback...??

Okay... here's mine... It's Crap.

I work in the IT industry and the last thing I would be asking for is feedback AFTER you update it.
It might have been worthwhile to have done this BEFORE updating it.

You guys have test facilities. How about using one of them?
Here's another thought, how about getting a usability group happening...???
How about making a dummy forum and actually testing the functionality of it??
Me waits for the obligatory post that TW did do this. If so, you should fire the muppet that coordinated it.

Did anyone even stop and think about what the impact would be for the updating maps???
I'm off to buy some binoculars so I can actually see them. God help you if you want to see a player's name on the player maps. I used to take pride in having my name somewhere on one of the maps. Now I'll just look for the blurred scribble that 'might' be my user name.

I know I'm being negative here but you had a very good forum and you just screwed it up. This looks like a bare bones... off the shelf... let's pay stuff all for the cheapest piece of crap available on the market... kinda thing. To me this is the type of forum that a schoolkid throws together on a free website.

As I said, it's crap. But hey what would I know...???
As much as I agree with how awful (and it truly is, and I've said this from day one, when it came to .us), the new skin is, it didn't come without warning if you payed attention, and there are good sides to it.
This will be the final straw for a lot of players thinking of quitting.

Thankfully, there is an option down the very bottom where you can change to the VB4 default skin. Sure, it looks less like tribalwars, but it is at least less intrusive on the retinas.
That made me giggle.

DeletedUser

I want to see a poll about who likes and dislikes the forum. As you know I hate it too. The profile feature makes it look like facebook? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I work in the IT industry and the last thing I would be asking for is feedback AFTER you update it.
It might have been worthwhile to have done this BEFORE updating it.

You guys have test facilities. How about using one of them?
Here's another thought, how about getting a usability group happening...???
How about making a dummy forum and actually testing the functionality of it??
Me waits for the obligatory post that TW did do this. If so, you should fire the muppet that coordinated it.

But... they actually did... It's been tried and tested on several TW forums for different servers. It functions well, it just looks ugly. If you hate it that much, use vB4 default. Or mod the output yourself with FF.

Asylum Escapee

The main problem is that the actual content is now taking up less than 50% of the screen. Everything else, while ugly, will eventually become manageable

DeletedUser

My, my, my is this ever hard on the eyes, urmm. Is there a possible way where there can be a poll set up about this? As I think that they would want all players/forum users to be happy and feel "at home" , and honestly .. This new update makes me feel like I'm not even on the same game forums.

Very disappointed
:icon_confused:

What would the benefit of the poll be? TW are not looking for permission to update, they don't give a shit if you don't want it to happen, it had to happen as vBulletin were discontinuing support for vB3 (as Morthy said somewhere or other) and therefore using vB3 would be redundant. The fact that the vB3 skin is incompatable with vB4 isn't Morthy's fault, he's already stated that it was tried and tested before it was found incompatable. The reason for this thread is to find suggestions or fixes that have substance (like the attempt to resize nickjer's maps). The fact that everyone and their horse is complaining it looks ugly isn't helping man nor beast.

earthquake girl

I agree with Brad. Whoever did this design layout doesn't seem to realize that it's 15 years out of date. It doesn't look professional at all; to me, it looks like something a middle school kid made for a school project.

It's horrible, it hurts my eyes, and it should have come with a bottle of eye bleach. :(

DeletedUser

I really hoped this was a design I would only see on the Masters' forums, I think I made 3 posts there before I gave up and let my eyes readjust to the normality of the .net forums.

Aside from the irritation caused by the aesthetics I've been having a constant battle with the quoting and multi quoting in that I don't always get what I'm trying to quote, I also miss when quoting took you straight to the Advanced options, or is it just me that doesn't work for anymore.

It's also a nightmare to copy/paste within the text box, especially when I'm answering specific things from a single quote, I tend to break that quote up by copy pasting the quote number to the start of each paragraph in the post. Now when I paste something into the text box it puts it at the top, I can't even drag the text down.

Just...eww.

DeletedUser

What would the benefit of the poll be? TW are not looking for permission to update, they don't give a shit if you don't want it to happen, it had to happen as vBulletin were discontinuing support for vB3 (as Morthy said somewhere or other) and therefore using vB3 would be redundant. The fact that the vB3 skin is incompatable with vB4 isn't Morthy's fault, he's already stated that it was tried and tested before it was found incompatable. The reason for this thread is to find suggestions or fixes that have substance (like the attempt to resize nickjer's maps). The fact that everyone and their horse is complaining it looks ugly isn't helping man nor beast.
We're complaining because minimal thought was put into this. If this was implemented on other servers, then why hasn't the maps issue been resolved??? And guess what... complaining WILL get results. If every person decided that this was the final straw and they chose to log out and never log in again to play the game... how long do you think it would take for them to find a solution..????

Me thinks it would not be very long.

But hey.... you can sit back and take things up the rear for the rest of your life or you can learn to speak up and get things changed. This is a feedback thread and we are giving it to TW. The new style is utter shit and we're complaining about it. I'm not questioning the functionality, I'm questioning how shit awful it looks.

While this thread exists, I'll voice my opinion and let TW know that it's shit. They asked for our opinion and we're giving it to them.

As much as I agree with how awful (and it truly is, and I've said this from day one, when it came to .us), the new skin is, it didn't come without warning if you payed attention, and there are good sides to it.
Hello muppet. Please show me the mail that we all received that said:

"Hello valued customer... we're going to take a really good forum layout and stuff it up completely. We have done this on several other servers (servers that you don't play on) and we didn't listen to the people there, so we have chosen to implement it in the same manner here too.

Unfortunately, the style is shit, but instead of looking for another option, we'll just implement this one and you will have deal with it. We will create a feedback thread in the forum after the implementation where you can whinge and moan, but don't expect anything to come of it. It's staying this way.

Happy Gaming...!!!"

meh... typical post from you, why the hell am I bothering to respond to you??

I agree with Brad. Whoever did this design layout doesn't seem to realize that it's 15 years out of date. It doesn't look professional at all; to me, it looks like something a middle school kid made for a school project.

It's horrible, it hurts my eyes, and it should have come with a bottle of eye bleach. :(
Hey sexy, hit me up on skype when you get time.

DeletedUser

But hey.... you can sit back and take things up the rear for the rest of your life or you can learn to speak up and get things changed. This is a feedback thread and we are giving it to TW. The new style is utter shit and we're complaining about it. I'm not questioning the functionality, I'm questioning how shit awful it looks.

I quite like the way it looks. Is that your definition of 'taking it up the rear'? Anyone with an opinion other than yours is automatically gay, is that what you're saying?

DeletedUser

I quite like the way it looks. Is that your definition of 'taking it up the rear'? Anyone with an opinion other than yours is automatically gay, is that what you're saying?
Who said you had to be gay?? I know plenty of girls that like it that way. Does that make them gay??

What I'm saying is that instead of telling us to suck it up and live with it, I'm telling you that there are other ways to go through life. Learn to voice your opinion and let people know they screwed up, otherwise they will never learn.

Bottom line... this thread was posted for us to give FEEDBACK. You need to deal with the fact that a lot of people are giving negative FEEDBACK. A lot of people hate the new design and we're complaining about it in the vain hope that something will be done about it.

Ever heard of the saying --> the squeaky wheel gets the grease???

DeletedUser

Then again being included in the design process

considering how many people dislike this set up/design/new look, i wouldnt go round bragging too much about that

i also dislike this new setup/look, its awful,

why try fix sumthing that is not broke...i mean did that many people complain about the last skin...i highly doubt it tbh

you guys have only caused and created more problems by doing this hence if sumthin is not broke then dont mess with it

DeletedUser

considering how many people dislike this set up/design/new look, i wouldnt go round bragging too much about that

i also dislike this new setup/look, its awful,

why try fix sumthing that is not broke...i mean did that many people complain about the last skin...i highly doubt it tbh

you guys have only caused and created more problems by doing this hence if sumthin is not broke then dont mess with it
The issue is that they had to do something as the old format was being phased out, but they stuffed up by implementing a shitty format.

I understand we had to move to a new format, but for God's sake, go out and look for something else. If the other servers were updated and everyone complained, then learn from that process, move forward and find something better.

oh no.... just implement the same shitty application on a wider scale and then ask for feedback.

DeletedUser656

Constructive negative feedback is always welcome. However, posts such as those from faaaaark only satisfy one criteria so aren't really that useful to us and don't achieve much.

DeletedUser102496

The format is shite.......................................