Discussion: vB4 Update

DeletedUser94483

Well...my statement was a little more blaise about what you MIGHT not all be able to see ewok not what our problems are....

DeletedUser

All the complaints about 'oooh its 2 brite' and 'oooh i dont wike the way it wooks' are plain enough to see without a widescreen lappy. Regardless, I think your problems are numerous and few enough of them are about vBulletin :p

DeletedUser94483

Lol...yes i might be completely looney but that has NOTHING to do with this chat :p

Well it is not so much the brightness as it is the offset of colors creating a brighter image then is...along with just a difficult to see clash in the color scheme.

A humble player

if anyone wants it, I have a css file, that although not pretty, is much wider screen (it is based on a 1366*768 resolution, but easily editable for larger/smaller sizes). I will happily provide it to those who care to ask.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is poor.

Sure the auto maps are an add on that someone has made for us but I think many players come to the forum to view them & then post if they feel the need.

Maybe a poll on why players visit would be good before further updates.

The forum was one of the reasons I liked this game as it was far better than many of the others around with an easy to follow layout. However now it hurts my eyes, the view is smaller than before.
Not a massive forum user on any other site but I liked it the way it was unsure why the update was needed must have missed the reason.

I think I will be spending less time in here now as its far from enjoyable.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
i play other servers such as .uk. however when saw their forum it made not bother to go on, i actually thought child designed it. the old skins were much better, it seemed that it was more inviting onto the forum. i know you can add scripts and web addresses ingame to see maps, but i like to comment as well.

to those who said binoculars, i think you meant magnifying glass.

400_F_1555917_6VtdfGIKhwyDfHWcMxQflMbZxGelMF.jpg

it would help to focus on the blurs on the maps. while binoculars are for long distance.

however on to the main subject, i only come on the forums to check if their is anything interesting or to check maps, not to see this horrible looking forum. it is worthless bring back the old one so much better. if you look back, how many negative comments did you have for the old skins. probably a minute amount, look at this most like 95% of comments on this thread are negative, this is definitely something which needs to be improved.

before it looked professional, it was well designed and easy to fine stuff, now it is basically a blurr, like many people have said "eyesore" or "crap". instead of thinking this is the best way forum, do a poll, like those for endgame or for new features in the game. let the customer choose what is best for this site.

you need to keep the customer happy other wise you will loose them and they will visit other sites. this forum isnt as active as it first was, this isnt a way of keeping people happy. maybe you want to stay in the times, for new technology.

atleast redesign the skin so it resembles the old style. also about those pictures to the side, i dont see them as i never zoom out that far. for a large part of the community it would be best to remove them they dont do anything and it makes the forum smaller, incrase the size and you will make people happy.

thanks

pokemon

DeletedUser

it is worthless bring back the old one so much better.

If you weren't such a troll and actually bothered to read any of the threads on this subject (ie, this one) you would know that Morthy can't revert to the old style.

thanks,

starwars.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
atleast redesign the skin so it resembles the old style.

as seen from this quote i also asked if they could redesign it. i may have said bring back the other. i did read all 65 other posts before i wrote it. they decided to create this discussion thread so we can express how feelings on how and why we dont like it.

thus making one of the points i said you make it out as that is what my whole argument is about.

yes some parts may be better but a larger note their is room for improvement.

DeletedUser96141

Hey,

Continuing on from other posts. I have some major problems:

1. It takes ages to load, this wasnt a problem before (i play masters so i am used to the skin a bit), but im travelling now and the speed of my internet is considerably slower. But it is quick enough to go into the actual game without waiting a long time, the skin is too slow.

2.I find the picture on the side unnecessary. Yes it does give a good vibe to it being Tribal wars, but the cost is bigger than the profit here (in my opinion). Maybe delete the picture to make the forums load faster and to fix the problem with the maps etc.?

3.The quick reply, backspace problem allready pointed out by rep.

4. There are some problems with the multi quote option, it does not always quote the thing i need.

It there are any other problems i encounter i will certainly inform you, thanks as always for even providing us with a feedback thread :D

reza

DeletedUser

The Forum Rules need to be updated to encorporate the posting of videos (similar to the section in the rules about the posting of pictures).

DeletedUser

one main problem is the pictures. they dont move as you scroll down causing eye stain. really im not sure why they are even needed as a forum is about typing not looking at pictures. the look is to bright also causing eye stain. maps do not work. im not sure why tw thinks that unimportant as most players come here to view them. maybe understanding what the customers use might be good. forums used for 2 things, viewing the map for planning and understanding the world makeup and posting rant in a newer world during wars. other then that they are useless. these pictures add to nether so might as well dump them. if you havnt the resources im not sure where everyones pp is going to. this isnt charity.

DeletedUser

I use the forums for neither of those two things; WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Also, if your eyes are stained you should see a doctor bro.

DeletedUser

SirEwok why do I get the funny feeling you worked on this update. You seem to be rude to everyone who posted here. Its either that, or you're unemployed and hoping for a job at tw. If its the first then please hope tw doesnt ask for their money back. If its the former, good luck their 'budget' is strained. Or you could go back to that galaxy far, far away and leave people trying to help with this mess to it. For one, and I'm not the only one, this is pretty much tw's last chance at our money. Go hang out with Darth Vader or someone since you can't fix anything. People have been playing this game a Looooong Time. We Pay for it. It is now pretty much unusable as it is. If it doesn't get fixed there are other games out there that Are Interested in Players who Pay and Play. Just Sayin...

DeletedUser94483

Well...i REALLY hate defending ewok...but he neither works for tw and i doubt he is looking for a job there...unlike SOME people...it is just when he likes a feature in the game he enjoys arguing against people that dislike it. Or he also seems to like just yelling at the wind....

Anyway to talk about something more useful the game is not unusable....just not as pleasant..I am sure inno has seen how much people HATE the new design...

DeletedUser96141

It isnt unusable to be honest :D i just change the forum look to the default :D

DeletedUser

Well...i REALLY hate defending ewok...but he neither works for tw and i doubt he is looking for a job there...unlike SOME people...it is just when he likes a feature in the game he enjoys arguing against people that dislike it. Or he also seems to like just yelling at the wind....

Anyway to talk about something more useful the game is not unusable....just not as pleasant..I am sure inno has seen how much people HATE the new design...

I agree, speaking to nubs on these forums seems like yelling at the wind.

DeletedUser94483

Not the manner in which I referred...My particular reference was yelling AGAINST the majority that like or dislike something you see as mildly reasonable..

DeletedUser

Val, I'm always going to comprehend your words in a way that benefits me, there is no point in trying to explain yourself further :p