Top 20 Tribes thread

DeletedUser

I've never finished a world, and that fact doesn't invalidate my opinion.

I feel I've made this point several times on this forum, but I think we can all agree that the "tactics" and "strategy" behind this game only reaches the lowest levels of common sense. This is why the elitism that I see bothers me so. It says more about you than anyone else, if you can't muster a point besides "you've never finished a world" or "your account was only made in 2012" or whatever other types of stupidity.

I do like to point it out though, especially when the person doing so is wrong, but nonetheless it doesn't further conversation and we get so little discussion on this lonely little forum that I would say it hurts the.. *ahem*.. "community" more than helps it.

DeletedUser

njc1, although you might have shown you know how to amass points, you cannot dismiss experience. Coming from the engineering world, it is very common place for young engineers to dismiss the skills of experienced designers. They believe that 4-5 years of school has set them straight and that their success is truly just a formality

The same thing applies in TW. I have played every day for 7+ years. Although i would actually say that today, you are more skilled than i in day to day affairs, i have won 2 worlds as a leader, hence have the fortitude and the experience to understand the politics, the behavior, and everything else that happens in the game before it happens

all this game is, is a bunch of people from different parts of the world willing to work as one. When you lose that cooperation, your done as a tribe....so the question is, does your tribe have the fortitude? because one person doesnt win a world

im ok about being underestimated, but dont undervalue the importance of experience.....cause that blindness will lead you to an incomplete world that most will say when that happens "im too busy in RL so i need to quit"

lol

DeletedUser

comparing tw to engineering is nigh the most foolish thing i've ever heard. You think it's hard to read the people that play this game? to gauge reactions between tribes? to predict where people will go? who will quit? and who will stay on? Please, I'm barely even intelligent and this world hasn't surprised me yet. You make the mistake of calling belligerence "fortitude".

I have played end game, I've played mid game, I've played early game. I've led top tribes, I've been a top player. Experience in the end means little.

DeletedUser

Of course you have done all those things......its so easily traceable to prove those words

lol

your no different than anyone else that has no history, just words

you dont know anything about leading a tribe to victory, just like you have no experience in engineering. To assume you know either is just plain foolish.

All i am saying is that you allow your ego to get in the way of seeing things for what you are, which puts your age in the 19-25 range lol

so continue to "know it all because i said so"

but all i can say is look up my stats....they arent buried under various co played names....i am who i am

so who are you?

btw, DA took 2nd, not 1st....you quit 9 months before the world ended, with 1/3 of the points of axe. great job!

oh, and being a top player early on in a game is not a top player.....it just means you knew how to farm and stay out of trouble lol......your w15 stats, which arent spectacular but your best world, tells me that you werent even close to top

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please, I don't coplay.

leadership in this tribe
http://www.twstats.com/en15/index.php?page=player&id=2568681

led this tribe while in #1: Edit: led IwA
http://www.twstats.com/en28/index.php?page=player&id=3044300

led RoMe! from scratch to an early game rank 14 of so if i remember correctly before merging it away.
http://www.twstats.com/en62/index.php?page=player&id=3044300

Someone gave me this account: edit: after i had quit, played it for a little to cause some troubles as A*R had annoyed me.
http://www.twstats.com/en62/index.php?page=player&id=8699700

I don't hide. I don't have any need to brag about my past performances. Your insistence on the past and experience would lead me to place you in your upper 40's to 50's. I see things exactly as they are and it pains me that this is the way things are when i expect so little to begin with. The inability of many to muster one single shred of coherent thought is troubling. I don't have an ego as much as you may like to pin one on me and your need to place one on me as an indication of my age or "lack of experience" is once again more of a comment on you and your own biases than anything related to me.

Once again, the reference to engineering is irrelevant and self-serving, at best.

edit: Oh, and to clarify the "self-serving" part, I mean that ugly face of elitism is showing in your phrasing again. Come now, we all know why you feel the need to bring that up as if it will impress me or anyone else. You have no idea what I know, much as nothing you are or ever have been will ever be impressive to me.

DeletedUser

Please, I don't coplay.

leadership in this tribe
http://www.twstats.com/en15/index.php?page=player&id=2568681

led this tribe while in #1
http://www.twstats.com/en28/index.php?page=player&id=3044300

led RoMe! from scratch to an early game rank 14 of so if i remember correctly before merging it away.
http://www.twstats.com/en62/index.php?page=player&id=3044300

Someone gave me this account:
http://www.twstats.com/en62/index.php?page=player&id=8699700

I don't hide. I don't have any need to brag about my past performances. Your insistence on the past and experience would lead me to place you in your upper 40's to 50's. I see things exactly as they are and it pains me that this is the way things are when i expect so little to begin with. The inability of many to muster one single shred of coherent thought is troubling. I don't have an ego as much as you may like to pin one on me and your need to place one on me as an indication of my age or "lack of experience" is once again more of a comment on you and your own biases than anything related to me.

Once again, the reference to engineering is irrelevant and self-serving, at best.

Ok, so you led a tribe to #1 in the first few months of a world...Congrats!

Scratch to 14th in another world that was early in a game....wohoo

so in both scenarios, you finished that great achievement prior to the stage in the game that we are currently in right now....yet i consider this world in its beginning stages

see the difference?

you are already almost out of your element except for your "remarkable" w15 run, yet im still thinking its so early that anything can happen

thats the difference

so again, you can have a rebuttal that is based on no experience, but perception......all i am saying is that ive been there multiple times and see where this is leading, and where it is leading is to people having "RL issues" haha

rim tribe?

sure

but when just the leadership of the tribe has over 70 years of TW experience, and about 10 worlds won......its a bit naive to dismiss

but again, please do so.....i am more than happy for us to be considered the noob of the world :)

DeletedUser93066

Go TollBooth You tell this nubcake how it's done and baked.

darkaniken2

Toll, you started two days before nathan, and are less than half his size. I think it's pretty clear who the better player is.

This is the W66 forum. What happened on past worlds is both irrelevant and off-topic.

nowitsover

lol nowitsover...how many worlds have you won? 293 conquers on w40 doesnt make on knowledgeable on winning worlds lmao

im at 2, should have been a 3rd (i quit when we were 2nd in the end game)....both worlds took years to complete, not a tribal hug contest like the later worlds

fact of the matter is dodo was twice our size when we declared. ego is of good size and some fighters, but the world is so, so early, and with the change you just saw at the center of the world, who really knows what we will be like even 6 months from now....

not you....
I guess I`m owned then..
facepalm.gif

Agains my better judgement, I`ll reply. You dismissed my opinions on my latest post based on what you found out in tw-stats on my account.

First off; you have no clue about who I might have been, which accounts I have played and what I might be capable of. Jumping to conclutions without throughout research (this is not the first time) and mentioning previous world wins itself would be making you entitled to judge the worth of others opinions says more about you then me.

But for your or anyones info, I consider myself as a nublett and won`t argue against anyone would saying so. Even my grammar is poor ^^. Yet it is not relevant and has very little to do with the subject of the thread itself..

I am not claiming here that I am all knowing, most skilled, multiple world winning well connected with 10 years of experience. I am putting my opinions after doing some research and following the worlds progress which is actually anyone is entitled to. Most of it is actually stating things already obvious. If you don`t agree with anything and want to prove otherwise, just put at least some effort in it. If you state anything based on facts and logic, probably most will agree and anyone who doesn`t are probably thick enough not worth onces time talking to (or just trolling). You can even choose to ignore or even not care.

Personally I don`t know you and rather wouldn`t express my impression on what you say or do, but let it speak for itself further on.

Good bye and definitely good luck.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Toll, you started two days before nathan, and are less than half his size. I think it's pretty clear who the better player is.

This is the W66 forum. What happened on past worlds is both irrelevant and off-topic.

not to mention i have 13.5x this noob's OD :lol:

I like it when people who claim to be good on past worlds have their false sense of superiority utterly ruined. Clearly you played too many past worlds in which the barbs grew to 10k as I see you have a bit of an addiction on your hands, seeing as 40 of your 84 villages were barb prior to your "liberating them". Oh, and to save you some time you have 4x my barb nobles not counting the deleted players i've taken.

You've tried 22 worlds, I would be surprised if you didn't luck out on what? two of them? Now that's a success rate. rofl.

DeletedUser44759

oh dear, came looking to see what folks thought new top 10 situ was......wasted time again....

nowitsover

oh dear, came looking to see what folks thought new top 10 situ was......wasted time again....

Thank you for your oh so informative and helpfull input Crab. Why don`t you make one yourself?

Edit: If I am not misstaken top 10 is quite well covered except your tribe atm really.

DeletedUser

Here we go:
5. SMOKE

So we're talking about the same players that for months and months have not raised a finger against EGO as shown by this:

[spoil]Side 1: Players: Mieszko., Frezy, velvetcrabman, iLithium, kierang44, Livo1981, tekkenazo, astephen68, sub555, aurelian74, -wigs-, Rangeley773, Wild Jesus, Mousse, Jamesthearab
Side 2:
Tribes: EGO

Timeframe: 01/02/2013 00:00:00 to 15/07/2013 23:12:10

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 2
Side 2: 30
Difference: 28

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 20,594
Side 2: 268,541
Difference: 247,947

chart

[/spoil]

There are many reasons for such a thing, mainly I would attribute it to distance and to general disinterest in tribe involvement. I have seen some support to villages I have taken from their tribemates but I haven't seen so much as a fake from any of these players in months.

These same players have a burst of activity now that there are some local villages for them to snatch up, without looking at a map I would say there's at most 100 that are clusters thoroughly surrounded by them. Once these are either: a) taken; or b) stacked, I have a hard time believing this smattering of players that had almost no signs of a pulse in the last 5 months will be able to coordinate anything close to an op or defense.

None of these players stepped up to fill leadership roles in suitup when it was in desperate need of one, so to me this takes more the form of a last gasp.

Sure, it will make a lovely show to begin with but when it sputters and dies it will be just the same as suitup.

I will, however, play the what-if game for their sake.

So let's say they have a phenomenal success against EGO and get all of the EGIslands in the middle of the Smoky sea. Their main problem will be maintaining momentum. Their players along the northern end of their tribe have had longstanding stacks and so, too, have EGO members bordering them. The burden on them will be too either find a weakpoint in the same old line as the one that stood before, or to find another tribe that would like to split our stacks along another front, namely GH and/or TheR. Arguably, still long range launches from the two of them but a cluster could be attainable anywhere from long range; just a matter of sustaining it. Then if everything rolls their way and they eat up and recruit what remains of DoDo then I think they stand a decent chance of staying on the world for longer than march of next year.

If things do not go their way, their likely means of escape will be to GH.

DeletedUser68730

Because of course points is most definitely the best way to see who is better. Lmao.
Im sure it takes great skill to outgrow someone who restarted/relocated. Because we all know the start of this game is by far the quickest.... oh wait.

And as for Od, im sure stacking one player is, again, a true measure of skill.

Ego wont win this world. 80% will get bored and quit and the others will be nobled out when you try and push your boundaries to far with an 'ally'

DeletedUser

Because of course points is most definitely the best way to see who is better. Lmao.
Im sure it takes great skill to outgrow someone who restarted/relocated. Because we all know the start of this game is by far the quickest.... oh wait.

And as for Od, im sure stacking one player is, again, a true measure of skill.

Ego wont win this world. 80% will get bored and quit and the others will be nobled out when you try and push your boundaries to far with an 'ally'

aww, you assume I got stacked.. how cute. Wrong again, bucko :lol: I only got support in 6 villages total in all of 3 suitup ops against me and 2 of the 6 never got hit with anything :icon_neutral:

Try, try again?

I think the whole 40/84 of his villages being barbs is a better measure of our skill comparison. That and my ODA/ODD and oh... everything else.

DeletedUser44759

well if it was funny I may have laughed, actually I nearly did anyway....

for someone who prides supposedly on facts, kind of missed for much of the time mentioned several of the names were not in fact in suits..also that most of us had never seen an ego attack on our accounts til smoke was formed...or that the guys who were in suits when split happened were tasked with fighting south wars not north...but what does it matter..the truth should never be allowed to ge in the way of a specious argument..? Nice try, but even missed the fact that one was duke of suits when "no-one" stood up to fill leadership role.

the slightly more realistic "what if" may have been aided by referencing argument in suits/ego war thread and discussion of ego's failure to aid the members who moved, notably arko, having had a substantial time to do so whilst much of what is now smoke still had masses of dv's in his and other now ego/zips vills, a shame that for all concerned since it might have made a large difference in long run...how's that for general disinterest from a group of players ?