[OFFICIAL] EGBT is Disbanding

• Thread starter DeletedUser6687
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Shit. Complete. Bull.

Re-arrange to make a well known phrase.

1. Sl rarely "toot their own horn" as you put it. The only people I can think of that have repeatedly are Paddy and occasionally tamo, and they generally had reason

2. Lots of those quotes wern't even in response to an SL member, or heck, even anything to do with SL at all, go back and check if you like. God knows why you feel the need to spew your anti-Sl propaganda everywhere. You mention multiple times that "you have a brother in SL" as if it's something special. Wow, reading in-tribe forums through someone else's account - a new time low.

3. Sl is the worst of the alliance tribes? Jesus, that's hard, considering there's what, two of them? But if you're looking at the other stats, I believe DEATH had a worse record.

You are probably one of the most arrogant players I have ever come across on the TW forums, and that's no mean feat

1) I have yet to see Paddy do something non-idiotic. Given his record, I think I'm well justified on this. Tamo, has yet to do anything praise worthy. How many times has it been spewed "we are T:V's longest standing enemy!"?

2) I don't follow, every one of my posts with the exception of maybe 1 were in response to someone talking about SL, or in the direct context of SL. Do you read posts or do you just ctrl-f --> SL and then start complaining?

3) lol, I love the self contradictions in the same paragraph. You can't have it both ways. There can't be "only two tribes in the alliance" and Death be mentioned *rolleyes*. First off, you are wrong. There are more than two tribes in the alliance. Secondly, I concede, in one measure, the entity known as DEATH in the alliance is worse than SL. However, given Death's history, and the fact that the original DEATH group is scatered everywhere, labling DEATH the worst tribe in the alliance is a bit misguided. SL has been together the entire time. And the entire time, it has been terrible. Just plain TERRIBLE. This has been shown time and time again.

Am I arrogant? I have pointed out, with good factual backing for all my claims. Any idiot can look at the facts and statistics and see this. This isn't something that can be faked. All the data is out there to look at. I've worked closely with the following tribes as either an enemy or a teamate: LOPW, TH, SL, TCK, DEATH, ROBAC, [L], PANTS, MW, SPQR, Smurfs among others that I'm forgetting. Of those, there are only two that had no redeeming qualities other than maybe a player or two. They were SL and Robac.

Do you notice the number of enemy tribes that I'm mentioning here? All of those in some way shape or form have garnered my respect as an independant tribe. Now, I may not like them, I may not agree with some of their tactics, but I respect them to the point where I understand why people follow them or give them praise.

Now, Robac... Maybe I had too high of expectations, but I was let down by how terrible they ended up being when we fought.

SL... Probably the tribe that I have had the most interaction with. I think my duel with gregw will go down for me as the single most fun aspect of this game and probably the single hardest event in this game for me personally. But, that is the end of my praise for anything related to SL. SL has consistantly failed to meet any expectations of what a tribe should be. No leadership, no direction, no substance. This is my experience, but we had more problems with gregw alone in k52 than the rest of SL in k52. Now that is saying something.

DeletedUser4226

People. Fixed.

Will you be my "Special Friend"?

Never realised there were so many delicate people in here.
To you very sensitive types sorry. If you’re not really delicate and this is your only way of putting up a fight I will word my posts in a different way, to remove the chance of your fumbling, sorry delicate people if that hurt in some way

DeletedUser4226

Hey this is rich, I assumed that pbcov was a smurf account since I couldn't imagine someone posting so idiotically on an active account. But hey, it IS his account, lets look him up...

Hey look his conquors list!

5 T:V caps
77 Abandon/in-tribe/alliance caps

Hey look at the pointwhore everyone!

http://www.twstats.com/tw1/index.php?page=player&id=157823

In regards to my captures
You are somewhat mixed up the with the figures as is usual with you. You say 5 TV villages taken by myself go look again its 9, deceit and falsehoods really isn’t the way forward.

I will help you with the truth, within tribe I’ve captured 2, some double nobleing of my tribe m8s of course, have never taken an alliance village. I have collided with alliance players yes.
Some of the TV captures I do not count because they where a very good friends villages from within TV, and to be honest I would sooner have the friend back than the villages. Yes I will take abandons whenever it suits me to do so, and if you take a more careful look at my position you will see I’m cutting down on villages which I will leave to you to attempt to work out why.

Back to our other little talk and question about point whores.
I can see I will have to try and explain it to you again, I realise some things take a lot of time to enter your mind, but some how we will try to find a way in to help you fully realise the truth of things.

If I was to ask someone intelligent the same question as I asked you, I think they would have said something along the lines of…. Please explain fully what you are trying to infer in your question…. or maybe…. You are trying to mislead me in some way with that…or… What is your real motive… or…. I think I would like you to fully clarify that question before I take the time to answer… or ….maybe just simply they would have said…. You need to try that on someone else.

In other words not letting ego get in the way of intelligence.

I asked you that question , and your ego having the most power over you, you rushed to do my biding.
If as I’m sure you do not believe what I’m saying go read your own posts, pretty much all of them will give you clues as to what is reality. Look at the multitude of parts where you are continuously trying to big yourself up, I have also read them and of course realised I could use it against you when it suited me to. I see other weaknesses in you that I may or may not chose to take advantage of .

I suppose what I’m saying in a more simpler way for you to understand is that if you spend your time parading your own troops on the parade ground and flag waving to make yourself feel bigger & better, your walls are undefended and easy for me to take.
Oh and the rest of your dribble holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a crap by the clean end. I really don’t believe there’s a clean end to crap, nor should you mistake me for someone that will ever try to pick it up, you need to try that on some one else.
Again I hope all the things you find challenging will become a little easier for you to understand, if not I will be there to help you find the truth of things.

DeletedUser

Okay, so according to you non-intelligent people try to promote rational and logical discussion and intelligent people prefer everything to be as convoluted as possible.

This is actually a pretty simple issue. The fact that you can't understand this is quite amazing really. There is ample evidence that SL are predominantly pointwhores and IF they don't fit the classic definition of a point whore, they are GENERALLY fairly useless as players. This is very well supported by both statistical evidence provided by twstats or twplus and by anecdotally evidence supplied by people who have fought against SL and against other tribes.

I generally assume that the person asking a question, or making a statement is trying to be logical and not trying to have someone ask a question. My apologies for assuming that you try to be logical or rational. You stated an obvious falsehood. It was easily dispelled and then you started straight into personal insults. From the responses in this thread, it is clear that everyone that responded interpreted your post the same way that I did. Like I said, most people assume that posters are trying to be coherent and logical, evidently you don't try to. For me at least, trying to be convoluted and incoherent is a sign of lack of intelligence.

DeletedUser

My virgin eyes are bleeding. Someone please stop all the naughty words!

DeletedUser

Quoted for truth.

Please leave now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sorry for the swear words but i'm getting pretty annoyed at how much mimelim dislikes SL

Well, just remember it's a game. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Both yourself and Mim included. And at the end of the day, it does no one any good to get irritated or angry over a computer game.

Here. Have a cookie.

DeletedUser

Yup, I'm the immature one. Do I even need to comment? I mean look at how overly mature you are. Lets take your post apart.

Why spy on SL? Even if you have an edge, when you are trying to win a game if you have a chance to try to increase your edge, you usually take it. The simple fact that I have to explain this exemplifies what I'm talking about. Spying is a part of this game. Certainly TW started it, but its common place now. Did spying on SL help? Of course it did. When attacking you we had detailed information of when your support was landing in different villages, making us more efficient. Would the outcome be the same? Of course. Would it have been as easy? Probably not. May have taken a few extra armies.

You think that I'm arrogant? Arrogant implies that I think higher of myself than I actually am. I think that there are things in this game that I have done better than anyone else. For instance, taking up slacking accounts and turning them into nobling monsters, how about 55+ caps in a 48 hour period? Lets see, how about orchestrating half a dozen continents? How about dealing with the bullshit of hundreds of players and STILL having one of the most efficient and effective teams in this game? I'm damn proud of how and what I've done. Who wouldn't be? But here is the part that you seem to have missed. That is the end of my pride.

I can acknowledge other players, friendly and enemy alike, and I have repeatedly on this forum. I have ALWAYS had glowing praise for gregw from SL. I've said before, dueling with him in k52 was probably the most fun I've had playing this game and by far the most challenging thing that I have ever had to face. In the end, the only reason why I beat him (if you could even call it that) is because I was willing to spend the time timing attacks to land within the same second and do other ridiculous things, that gregw wasn't willing to do (because he had better things to do with his time rather than sitting infront of a computer at that point).

I certainly think that of the active players in T:V, I consider myself to be among the best, but certainly not the best over all. I've said this before. I learn from other players constantly, how to trap opponents, how to play their different weaknesses. I have a healthy level of respect for many players for many different things. I think that I differ from MANY SL players in this way. Excluding siv and gregw, I've NEVER heard them praise someone from T:V. (I'm mainly talking about fairplay and tamo) Even when its glaringly obvious to the rest of the world that they are getting their asses kicked.

I give credit and respect when it is due. I don't see how anyone can possibly argue against that. I also think that when someone undervalues my achievements, that it isn't unreasonable for me to point out how they are worse, especially when looking at any statistics of our two tribe's interaction makes it obvious. The loud people here in the past have been SL. If you want respect, try earning it first.

DeletedUser

sorry for the swear words but i'm getting pretty annoyed at how much mimelim dislikes SL

If there is any reason why I dislike SL is because I think that a lot of their players are extremely arrogant and because they are such poor players it reflects extra poor on them.

I think that it is clear looking purely at the numbers and the interactions between T:V and SL that SL comprises many players severly lacking in ability. I think disputing this is pointless. If we disagree on that point, then there is no point even talking about anything, its like disagreeing on the color of the sky. I don't dislike SL or any of its players for this. Why should I? There are many people that don't have time or don't want to play this game to their full potential. I don't have a problem with that. What I DO have a problem with are players who ARE poor players coming here and mouthing off. In recent months, those people have been predominatly SL players.

DeletedUser13770

If there is any reason why I dislike SL is because I think that a lot of their players are extremely arrogant and because they are such poor players it reflects extra poor on them.

What I DO have a problem with are players who ARE poor players coming here and mouthing off. In recent months, those people have been predominatly SL players.

Fair enough thats your opinion but i believe there are good players in SL. In regards to coming on here mouthing off only a few people from SL come on these forums so its not really a reflection of the whole tribe

DeletedUser

Fair enough thats your opinion but i believe there are good players in SL. In regards to coming on here mouthing off only a few people from SL come on these forums so its not really a reflection of the whole tribe

Read what I wrote. I'm not denying that there are good players in SL, it would be hard to put 200 random people together and NOT have good players. What I am talking about is a tribe as a whole. This is not an opinioin type thing nor is it a matter of belief. If you want respect here, you gotta show that you deserve it. This game has great tools that document EVERYTHING, twstats, twplus and twtools, don't lie.

As for the coming here and mouthing off. THIS is what I'm talking about. When you are put in a position of power, baron, duke, moderator, admin etc. your words no longer are your own in the public sphere. You are a representative of your organization. Just off of my head, tamo, fairplay and paddy stick out. All hold leadership positions in SL (or did). When they speak on the forums, they are speaking for their tribe as a whole, whether they want to or not. They are accountable to their constituents for their words and actions. They influence policy, or just plain set it. They influence the thoughts and feelings of others in the tribe.

If players in SL DON'T want their leaders speaking for them, then they probably shouldn't be in that tribe, especially when the aristocracy is so homogeneous in terms of their attitudes and opinions.

DeletedUser

Quoted for irony

Evidently you can't read. You are just spamming the forums. Seriously, you aren't providing anything to the community nor are you doing anything productive. You are the definition of a troll.

DeletedUser2816

Evidently you can't read. You are just spamming the forums. Seriously, you aren't providing anything to the community nor are you doing anything productive. You are the definition of a troll.

Oh come on. I'm proudly T:V, but I can admit we are arrogant as hell. For good reason, mind you, since we freaking rock, but really. Definitely arrogant.

DeletedUser

The point is:
SL has been around since the time T:V has been around. SL has never been a top power. SL has good players, but very few. I've seen this myself. T:V has cause to be arrogant. SL does not. Hence why Mimelim, someone who has fought extensively against SL replies to people who over and over claim that SL is great and shows the ways they are not.

The end.

DeletedUser2298

Got bored of Uni work so thought I would have a little browse of the forums again...

The whole K52 can be debated but ultimately they will be differing views.

SL lost power of K52 due to 3 main reasons in my opinion:

1) SL had great presence and a lot of good players in K52, but as TW/T:V started to creep round SL many became scared or simply didnt have the time and effort to attack TW. Lippa, Neewa, alfienoons, geo3, w-sitedesign, sortland.. hell the whole of TIS all left from SL (wolfygone because he was refused his request to be a duke). What I find amusing is that now TIS is being attacked in K52 they have since attempted to rejoin SL, but why should we allow them back in? They didnt help us when we were being attacked they simply turned away and pretended it would never happen to them. If all of those players had the balls/time to stay in SL then maybe K52 would be a different picture.

2) TW had enormous power and muscle outside of K52 which they could frequently send attacks both real and fake and SL (in its reduced K52 size) simply could not possibly compete.

3) Yes, we largely didnt have as good quality players in SL at the end in K52, but those that we did have fought hard and put up a bloody good fight. I remeber seeing the circular messages around TW (from Amazon Jim) claiming attacking SL would be a 3 week project, 4 month more like.

Conclusion: Biggest mistake SL made... not quashing TW as soon as they entered K52. But hell, the K52 battle was fun for me :).

Back to Human resource management studies for me! woo :icon_neutral: