[OFFICIAL] EGBT is Disbanding

• Thread starter DeletedUser6687
  • Start date

w-sitedesign

Got bored of Uni work so thought I would have a little browse of the forums again...

The whole K52 can be debated but ultimately they will be differing views.

SL lost power of K52 due to 3 main reasons in my opinion:

1) SL had great presence and a lot of good players in K52, but as TW/T:V started to creep round SL many became scared or simply didnt have the time and effort to attack TW. Lippa, Neewa, alfienoons, geo3, w-sitedesign, sortland.. hell the whole of TIS all left from SL (wolfygone because he was refused his request to be a duke). What I find amusing is that now TIS is being attacked in K52 they have since attempted to rejoin SL, but why should we allow them back in? They didnt help us when we were being attacked they simply turned away and pretended it would never happen to them. If all of those players had the balls/time to stay in SL then maybe K52 would be a different picture.

2) TW had enormous power and muscle outside of K52 which they could frequently send attacks both real and fake and SL (in its reduced K52 size) simply could not possibly compete.

3) Yes, we largely didnt have as good quality players in SL at the end in K52, but those that we did have fought hard and put up a bloody good fight. I remeber seeing the circular messages around TW (from Amazon Jim) claiming attacking SL would be a 3 week project, 4 month more like.

Conclusion: Biggest mistake SL made... not quashing TW as soon as they entered K52. But hell, the K52 battle was fun for me :).

Back to Human resource management studies for me! woo :icon_neutral:

Cool! I'm mentioned as good player! Thnx gregw!

On-topic:

As i have been in SL for 6 months, i can say that it is quite true what mimelim says... SL was strong, but when T:V invaded we did nothing to stop them. When lippa, Neewa, alfienoons and geo3 left to prevent attacks from T:V, i decided to leave also. I went to the tribe of alfienoons and geo3, where i stayed about a month. Then i joined T:V, which resulted in losing all my K51 villages (about 21), but with tips of some fantastic players in T:V and the fact that i was in one K again, i've been building up to my points now.

DeletedUser

Conclusion: Biggest mistake SL made... not quashing TW as soon as they entered K52. But hell, the K52 battle was fun for me :)

Alright, Greg, I believe you and your tribe would have another chance to do so. On another continent, of course. :icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

DeletedUser3840

I also think the stacking of scozza21 was also a bad move. I mean, Rhino-x, Duke of SL lost a maxxed out village all because he left :spear: 1498 and :swordsman: 4810 in one of Scozza's villages. Of course, we all know that when my army arrived to liberate the village, that stacking army vanishes. Don't anyone try saying this;

Some SL moron said:
Ahh, he didn't call them back because he was offline

I know that to be false, as he dodged my all but my last clearing wave but still got pwned.

DeletedUser

EGBT was founded in June by missing and was handed over to me to control within about a months time, I have silently been leading EGBT for the last 4 months and in that time we have taken EGBT from a small group in K36 to the #2 tribe in world 1. When we started T:V was #1 in K36 with over 15 million points compared to our 5 million. Today we have over 20 million in points and TV has only a handful of villages left in k36.

I don't remember us ever having fifteen million points in K36. I should also point out that the war in our continent was basically a stalemate until our top players went inactive. We were far too inactive as a whole to make sticking around any longer worthwhile.

DeletedUser19169

The Huns were an early confederation of Central Asian equestrian nomads or semi-nomads with a Turkic speaking aristocracy, Some of these Eurasian tribes moved into Europe in the 4th and 5th centuries, most famously under Attila the Hun. Huns remaining in Asia are recorded by neighboring peoples to the south, east, and west as having occupied Central Asia roughly from the 4th century to the 6th century, with some surviving in the Caucasus until the early 8th century.

DeletedUser19924

Is Mimelim and spleen mage getting on any1 elses nerves? cuz their getting on mine.:icon_evil:

DeletedUser

The Huns were an early confederation of Central Asian equestrian nomads or semi-nomads with a Turkic speaking aristocracy, Some of these Eurasian tribes moved into Europe in the 4th and 5th centuries, most famously under Attila the Hun. Huns remaining in Asia are recorded by neighboring peoples to the south, east, and west as having occupied Central Asia roughly from the 4th century to the 6th century, with some surviving in the Caucasus until the early 8th century.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser4226

Okay, so according to you non-intelligent people try to promote rational and logical discussion and intelligent people prefer everything to be as convoluted as possible.

This is actually a pretty simple issue. The fact that you can't understand this is quite amazing really. There is ample evidence that SL are predominantly pointwhores and IF they don't fit the classic definition of a point whore, they are GENERALLY fairly useless as players. This is very well supported by both statistical evidence provided by twstats or twplus and by anecdotally evidence supplied by people who have fought against SL and against other tribes.

I generally assume that the person asking a question, or making a statement is trying to be logical and not trying to have someone ask a question. My apologies for assuming that you try to be logical or rational. You stated an obvious falsehood. It was easily dispelled and then you started straight into personal insults. From the responses in this thread, it is clear that everyone that responded interpreted your post the same way that I did. Like I said, most people assume that posters are trying to be coherent and logical, evidently you don't try to. For me at least, trying to be convoluted and incoherent is a sign of lack of intelligence.

Your post is misleading so I’ve broken up my reply for your erroneous remarks.

(Quote) Okay, so according to you non-intelligent people try to promote rational and logical discussion and intelligent people prefer everything to be as convoluted as possible.

Point me to the post where I have used the above phrase.
I must admit I do enjoy the way you falsify and manipulate your wording, it’s really quite amusing. I’m not saying I’m laughing at you for using it, I just think it’s not wise of you to believe you can use this as your No1 tool and continually succeed.
But I’m sure you will find plenty on here that will fall for this

(Quote) This is actually a pretty simple issue. The fact that you can't understand this is quite amazing really. There is ample evidence that SL are predominantly point whores

Yes an incredibly simple issue and the fact you don’t find this simple is astounding to say the least. The spark of intelligent thinking has skilfully avoided you once again.
I will let you look back to posts made by some random TV members about this subject and let them state the case for me (references to all their posts on this subject can be supplied on demand)
I might add most of SL would agree utterly with the argument made by the TV members in their heroic defence of the number of points a person has, points mean nothing. Most SL would apply the same wordings to defend themselves against idiocy falsification and manipulation by people with ulterior motives.

(Quote) and if they don't fit the classic definition of a point whore,

The words “IF THEY DON’T” could be applied to imply you have some difficulty in believing your own words and accusations, maybe you don’t believe what you are saying and it’s just plainly part of the current propaganda campaign you are running against SL.

(Quote) they are GENERALLY fairly useless as players. This is very well supported by both statistical evidence provided by twstats or twplus

I could just say only in your opinion is this true, in my opinion you fail miserably in your attempts at truth and reality.

Usually I having considerably better things to do with my life and time than look at stats. I will for the time being have to listen to you, but seeing your continuously looking to abuse SL in some way, I suppose I should do my bit for the tribe.
Luckily I will have sufficient free time soon so will investigate your claims in a lot more detail, and then we can take a closer look at your accusations, sorry meant to say unbiased accusations.

(Quote) and by anecdotally evidence supplied by people who have fought against SL

Of course in your opinion this evidence would be totally unbiased and truthful.

(Quote) I generally assume that the person asking a question, or making a statement is trying to be logical and not trying to have someone ask a question. My apologies for assuming that you try to be logical or rational.

No apologies needed, I was simply manipulating you and the question.
A tactic you will see yourself crudely attempting to do, start at your 1st paragraph & then work your way down the rest.

(Quote) You stated an obvious falsehood. It was easily dispelled and then you started straight into personal insults.

How many times do I have to keep telling you this piece of simplicity? Of course I manipulated the question, a simple tactic to promote foolish outpourings that could be used to my benefit; the personal insults another tactic to evoke emotional response and more foolish outpourings.
If you think personal insults are wrong stop using them to attack members you wish to manoeuvre or don’t whinge when they are used to your detriment.

(Quote) From the responses in this thread, it is clear that everyone that responded interpreted your post the same way that I did.

Manipulation is a very useful tool indeed

(Quote) Like I said, most people assume that posters are trying to be coherent and logical, evidently you don't try to.

I refer you to my 1st paragraph for the answer, (or as an example only…. I could reply in a similar vane and say…. stop your infant school silliness before you fall over and bump your think boned primate skull).

(Quote) For me at least, trying to be convoluted and incoherent is a sign of lack of intelligence.

I’ve been lead to believe that lawyers really dislike the word convoluted as it’s mostly used to relate to them, thankfully very few I believe would damage there minds reading much of the dribble on here so it’s unlikely any may take offence at your remarks.

As always I will be here waiting and watching to help you with the truth.

DeletedUser

Okay, so you admit trying to be convoluted and continue here. There is no real point in arguing since you obviously have no substance and as you have stated, you don't look at facts, you just come here to troll. Unlike you, I like things simple and I like to base things on reality rather than confusion.

Facts:

1) There are no SL players who have been actively fighting T:V successfully.

2) Most of SL like to play simcity and are relatively useless playing this game by any measure.

3) Most T:V players are relatively good at what they do, notable exceptions of course, but they are by enlarge a pretty solid group of players. Certainly trying to compare SL to T:V in terms of ability is laughable.

As you have admitted, you care little for truth and or reality. You also aren't here for a substantive arguement, instead here to just troll.

DeletedUser

Does anyone have cliffs for the above post, the really long one? I was going to start reading it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm assuming it says something like, "Nuh uh, Am NOT, and I know you are but what am I?"

Am I even remotely close?

I think people need to spend more time sending their axemen and brown horsies at villages and less time getting agitated over a computer game.

DeletedUser

I think what the SL players are failing to see is that Mimelim is making a generalization about them. He's not pointing out individual players, he's talking about SL as a whole.

DeletedUser

Does anyone have cliffs for the above post, the really long one? I was going to start reading it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm assuming it says something like, "Nuh uh, Am NOT, and I know you are but what am I?"

Am I even remotely close?

I think people need to spend more time sending their axemen and brown horsies at villages and less time getting agitated over a computer game.

pbcov claims that he is better than everyone else here because he can confuse everyone else better than anyone else. Thats all you missed by not reading it.

DeletedUser3840

2) Most of SL like to play simcity and are relatively useless playing this game by any measure.

Rhino-x, not just a member of SL but a Duke, left nearly 6,000 troops out of his 12,355 point village. Even though he was able to dodge all but 1 of my clearing attacks, he still got pwned due to the fact that the other clearing attacks had lowered his Wall so much.

spleen mage

Is Mimelim and spleen mage getting on any1 elses nerves? cuz their getting on mine.:icon_evil:

S'funny they're not getting on mine.

Go bugger a donkey

Rhino-x, not just a member of SL but a Duke, left nearly 6,000 troops out of his 12,355 point village. Even though he was able to dodge all but 1 of my clearing attacks, he still got pwned due to the fact that the other clearing attacks had lowered his Wall so much.

Jesus, a cap. You must be so proud. Heck, I managed a T:V cap or two at 25k of points.

Okay, so you admit trying to be convoluted and continue here. There is no real point in arguing since you obviously have no substance and as you have stated, you don't look at facts, you just come here to troll. Unlike you, I like things simple and I like to base things on reality rather than confusion.

Facts:

1) There are no SL players who have been actively fighting T:V successfully.

3) Most T:V players are relatively good at what they do, notable exceptions of course, but they are by enlarge a pretty solid group of players. Certainly trying to compare SL to T:V in terms of ability is laughable.

As you have admitted, you care little for truth and or reality. You also aren't here for a substantive arguement, instead here to just troll.

1. Wrong, a few members have been fighting T:V successfully. Don't make sweeping statements like that if they're Bs

2. Disagree. Period.

3. Yes. But T:V also have the leisure of picking and choosing the best members from the best tribes, as those who are too scared to lose villages will always follow the leader.

Last edited:

Afroshine

I was so bored I actually read through the whole thread, even the SL bullcrapping. In the end, what does this arguing accomplish? Nothing. Who cares if SL are point whores or they suck. If they suck so much, stop wasting time and go cap their damned villages, they should be easy targets.

DeletedUser

I was so bored I actually read through the whole thread, even the SL bullcrapping. In the end, what does this arguing accomplish? Nothing. Who cares if SL are point whores or they suck. If they suck so much, stop wasting time and go cap their damned villages, they should be easy targets.

You are missing the context that SL is getting anihilated. Nobody is wasting time. In case you didn't notice, this game is pretty slow. We capped a couple thousand SL/former-SL villages, and still think that we are more of pointwhores than then them.

DeletedUser3840

Jesus, a cap. You must be so proud. Heck, I managed a T:V cap or two at 25k of points.

Yes but look where that got you:

Spleen mage
Tribe: SL
» Write message

Villages Coordinates Points
Dragonforce HQ 357|828 6.992
Firewind 358|828 6.269

I'm able to take one of your Dukes biggest villages without any retaliation. You cap a T:V member and get rimmed how many times? Yeah, you even say on your profile you've lost count. Nice try at being clever.

DeletedUser

1. Wrong, a few members have been fighting T:V successfully. Don't make sweeping statements like that if they're Bs

2. Disagree. Period.

3. Yes. But T:V also have the leisure of picking and choosing the best members from the best tribes, as those who are too scared to lose villages will always follow the leader.

1. "Few" alright, go ahead, you have 500+ members, lets see this list of the few that are successful against T:V. Start naming names...

2. It isn't something that can be disagreed on. It wasn't an opinion. I stated that by all independantly verifiable measures SL players play simcity. Given your tribe's woeful attacker rating, I don't think that is disputable. As for being useless, I think that it is up to SL players to judge how helpful their teamates are. I've seen how helpful SL are to their players. I've seen the support requests. I've also seen dozens of players simply fall apart.

3. Hey look the old "T:V only wins because it recruits" arguement. We've already shown that SL systematically recruits more than TW or T:V ever did. We've already been over all of that. Further, people don't get let into T:V just because they want to and they don't want to lose villages. While SL practices this (see all of th players that ended up running to T.I.S), T:V does not. Isn't it strange that once players end up in T:V they end up excelling and doing really well? Or hey look, the number of original TW players still at the top of T:V's roster is still very high.