Sol's Soapbox: An Unofficial Blog

DeletedUser

Again with no facts/research and just personal opinion. As in one case If you even read external you might know MOO and Within fighting :icon_confused:

Just would like to point out that if you don't like the content make your own, and politely correct inaccuracies. :X

DeletedUser100466

Just would like to point out that if you don't like the content make your own, and politely correct inaccuracies. :X

If you don't like my comment then you can ignore it too.

thanks

DeletedUser

While I agree with the fact that it is Sol's blog, and the sentiment that it should be appreciated, nowhere did he write 'no criticism allowed'. It's cute how you all leap to his defence and all, but a) he's not tongue-tied and can defend himself and b) there is nothing here that needs defending. You can support his content just as well by giving him tips to improve rather than mindless boot kissing.

If you read a newspaper column, do you think to yourself 'I don't agree with this, but I better not say it to anyone because I don't write my own column' too? What about when you're watching football? 'I can't criticise because I'm not playing'? I don't paint, doesn't mean I don't find some paintings rubbish.

Before you all jump me too, I don't find Sol's blog rubbish, I was using examples to make my point.

Edit, to make my post at least somewhat constructive: Maybe next time you disagree with someone's opinion of the blog, you could disagree with the opinion, rather than disagree with expressing that opinion?

DeletedUser

While I agree with the fact that it is Sol's blog, and the sentiment that it should be appreciated, nowhere did he write 'no criticism allowed'. It's cute how you all leap to his defence and all, but a) he's not tongue-tied and can defend himself and b) there is nothing here that needs defending. You can support his content just as well by giving him tips to improve rather than mindless boot kissing.

If you read a newspaper column, do you think to yourself 'I don't agree with this, but I better not say it to anyone because I don't write my own column' too? What about when you're watching football? 'I can't criticise because I'm not playing'? I don't paint, doesn't mean I don't find some paintings rubbish.

Before you all jump me too, I don't find Sol's blog rubbish, I was using examples to make my point.

Edit, to make my post at least somewhat constructive: Maybe next time you disagree with someone's opinion of the blog, you could disagree with the opinion, rather than disagree with expressing that opinion?

I don't think the issue here is disagreeing with an opinion, but rather the lack of useful response. By all means express disagreement, just do it in a way that is more productive than: "You are dumb because you are wrong"

/gives up trying to make the externals a better place </3

DeletedUser

How does that follow from what you've just told me? You say you want to make his criticism better, so you... tell him to make his own. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser100466

How does that follow from what you've just told me? You say you want to make his criticism better, so you... tell him to make his own. :icon_neutral:

He is going round and round and has nothing substantial to add and i will express my opinion as that's what external forum are for.I didn't criticize the guy on his hard work but content of his blog which seems to be full of his own opinion and to fulfill a agenda.

If he can write his opinions rather than facts then why can't other ?

However few guys are so amazed by his presentation that they blindly bash anyone who try to be critic of the content not the blogger.

DeletedUser

The first 4 posts regarding each of the core continents were good reads, with lots of information. However that information was almost solely based on predictions and therefore could be put into a normal prediction thread. Not to mention the predictions were almost all wrong.

As for his recent post regarding the world, it was IMO no better than Gorth's top 10 analysis. I appreciate the time and commitment you have put into this thread sol but I feel like if you want a stickied thread then it needs to be different than a normal "top 10 tribes" thread and to be updated on a fairly regular basis. Like I said your first posts were good reads and gave us all something to think about, however your latest one was very lackluster and a simple top 10 analysis. Something to make it special (interviews, facts, connection to your predictions, etc.) would be great if you want this to remain stickied.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

As I said in my most recent post, my blog will be moving away from the analysis style posts in the future. I promised to do a whole world analysis, and that is what post 5 was. Next post will be interviews, war stats, predictions and the like. Trust me when I say I will be just as glad to not have to do top tribes analysis as you guys will be to read something different.

As Rukoh says. Criticise me all you want. I'm a big boy, and a few mean words aren't going to stop me writing what I like. A few polite words telling me how I could improve what I write in a constructive way though, are not going to go astray.

nowitsover

..looking forward to the next one. Hopefully you haven`t caught the bloggers curse as well.

DeletedUser

He is busy in game fighting off NAM at the moment, so not sure we can expect one soon.

DeletedUser

Is he really? Noone else from DI is bothering to put up a fight.

While the caps say they are not, the OD says otherwise. Not to mention I have heard from multiple people that quite a few nobles have been killed/sniped. So while they may not be winning saying they are not putting up a fight is wrong.

DeletedUser100466

While the caps say they are not, the OD says otherwise. Not to mention I have heard from multiple people that quite a few nobles have been killed/sniped. So while they may not be winning saying they are not putting up a fight is wrong.

I agree it will not be justified to say they are not putting the fight.We all do what we can in the end :)

DeletedUser

Whether the rest of my tribe wants to fight or not is besides the point. I'm going to defend my account, and snipe everything that comes at me for as long as I can. Given it is pretty much Socked. vs k46 NAM, I'm not liking my chances for the long term, but hey. Going to be fun trying. :)

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
We will give you immunity for 1 week from any attacks if you use that time to make a blog :)

DeletedUser

We will give you immunity for 1 week from any attacks if you use that time to make a blog :)

Why is NAM trash always online on the externals polluting every thread? Do you guys SERIOUSLY have no life?

It's like you have no friends and have to write on the externals ALL the time...

Just realized why i stayed away from the externals on .net for so long :icon_confused:

Just a bunch of dudes circlejerking eachother.

>inb4 you dont have to be here hurrdurr you are just as bad hurrdurr