Sol's Soapbox: An Unofficial Blog

DeletedUser

Sol's Soapbox: An Unofficial Blog *Updated 12/10*

4ywGwja.png

Greetings World 77, and welcome to this humble attempt at a world blog.

This blog will be attempting to shed a little light on a whole raft of things, with posts that will hopefully cover a wide variety of content. Some of the things that I plan to include are interviews with leaders from prominent tribes, analysis of and predictions for the outcome of various wars as they develop, and my own probably politically incorrect opinions on pretty much anything and everything that takes my fancy. I will aim to make an update, even if it is only a short one, once per week. This is of course if time allows. Should anyone have something they are interested in seeing on my blog, or is leading a fairly prominent tribe and would like to be interviewed,please message me on these forums, or contact me on skype. My skype account is tynan12.

Now, for a little bit about me. I am what many of you would call a new generation player, with my very first Tribal Wars account being this one on which I am posting, starting out in world 56. I like to think I have developed as a player since then, having been a member of a number of premades and fairly strong tribes over the last few years. On this world, I am co-playing with a very good friend of mine in the tribe Diplomatic Ingenuity (DI) under the leadership of roman01. Enough about me. Let's get on to the blog.

Blog Post Quick Links:

Blog Post 01. On Skittles and Other Types of Candy... (Continent 44 - prenobles)
Blog Post 02. The Secrets of Mass Recruiting 101 (Continent 45 - prenobles)
Blog Post 03. Veterans From Outer Space (Continent 54 - prenobles)
Blog Post 04. Nothing To See Here... (Continent 55 - prenobles)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Blog Post 01. On Skittles and Other Types of Candy...

These first few posts are going to take a detailed look at the overall map positions and prospects for the top 10 tribes in each continent, and then the top 10 tribes overall. In some of the maps I will also be including some known premades that are higher up in the rankings. Particularly on continents where said premades do not quite hit the top 10, but are close enough to warrant having their very own shiny little map dots.Some examples that jump to mind are NAM, and my own DI which is spread across a couple of k's.

Considering that we are fairly close to nobles, I will be attempting to complete these initial maps over the next couple of days, so that all of the inevitable noblings don't mess with my predicting and my map stalking too much.

Now for the first continent and the first map.

When I posted up this particular map on my tribe chat, to get some opinions on whether it was clear enough, a certain roman01 said that the tribes on the first map I'm going to share with you all looked like someone had dropped a packet of skittles. He certainly wasn't fair off, either. The spreads of the top 10 tribes in k44 do seem quite mixed up, with a few power blocks breaking up the randomness.

[spoil]
du6xtw6.png
[/spoil]

Before we really get in to the meatier stuff, let's take a quick look at each tribe, and give a few thoughts on their initial positions, before analysing the continent as a whole.

[spoil]
1. M.O.B. Of all ofthe tribes on k44, their spread is the most scattered. They have players pretty much evenly spread across the whole continent, with a slightly more compact cluster in the geographic centre of the map.While this spread will give them a lot of possible expansion opportunities, in my opinion it is going to prove more costly than beneficial for them, as it will put them in conflict with a lot of tribes in their area. They seem to be somewhat mass recruity, as they have capped out their member limit. Time will tell though how many quality players they actually possess, and whether or not they can do well with such a scattered group of players.

Score: 5/10

2. ~WaO~ Spread across the north of the continent, with a particularly strong presence in the North East, I see this tribe sticking around at least for the short term. I can see definite conflict occurring between them and both #HashT and ARES in the none too distant future.Depending on how they pick their wars and whether or not they can work as a cohesive tribe, they could do well or crash and burn spectacularly. My money is on the later, as like the above they also seem to have mass-recruited, with a maxed out tribe members wise.

Score: 3/10

3. Within A known premade tribe and rank 2 in the world at the time of writing, I think a lot of people are expecting this tribe to do quite well. Made up from a core of former w71 players, and other experienced additions,this tribe is a favourite among many at this early stage for the world win. They are largely focused in South East k44, right on the corner of the continent. As far as early game goes, I can predict a couple of short and brutal 'wars' against ~FaO~ and ARES, before the mixed up border that they share with #HashT really starts to become a point of focus. Longer term, I can see these guys going into a war against #HashT before moving further West, although pushing South orEast into another continent is a definite possibility.

Score: 9/10

4. #HashT They arethe second premade so far on k44. Composed of players from the runnerup tribe on world 65, they seem to be a fairly solid group. I can see this tribe coming into conflict with ~FaO~, ~WaO~ and Agony in the early game and solidifying their already fairly tight cluster in the Central East of k44. Whether or not they can progress further thanthat and into the midgame is going to be a matter of what allies theypick, and where they choose to go. A rim wards push into the ~N.M~Family could provide them with a fairly solid prospect, or perhaps going further East in to k45. A lot of what this tribe will do depends on what Within does, and whether or not these two tribes pick an early game fight with each other or not.

Score: 8/10

5. Agony These guys will suffer the same kind of problems as M.O.B. with a far too spread out tribe, and a lot of stronger and more clustered tribes who will be looking at them as possible targets. Depending on how they play the diplomacy game, they could last past the next few weeks, but my hopes for them as a tribe are not particularly high. If they could make a strong alliance against either Bacon or 77er's, then some expansion may be possible, but I don't really see that happening at all. Despite that, I predict that a few of the players from this tribe will survive longer into this world, particularly some of thos eout on the rim.

6. 77ers To be completely blunt about it, I think that this tribe is doomed, considering they are only ranked 6th in the continent despite being capped out on members at the time of writing. A classic example of a mass recruiter tribe, I don't really see them going much of anywhere short of a miracle. All that said, they do not have a bad spread, with a fairly strong central South cluster that could cause problems for Agony, Bacon and M.O.B. if these guys can use some basic coordination and play as a team.

Score: 2/10

7. ~NM~ F. This is a northern k44 rim based family tribe, with a fairly compact cluster that isn't really shared by any of the other strong tribes on the continent. Simply because of that, I think they will last into the foreseeable future, until whichever tribe survives the inevitable conflict between #HashT, Within and Bacon turns their eyes north.This is only because they appear to have no competition. Usually I wouldn't give a mass-recruiting tribe like this anywhere near so good of a rating for survival. This is personally one of the tribes that I will be keeping an eye on, despite their family status.

Score: 4/10

8. ARES Another mass-recruiter, this time with a core cluster wedged in between Bacon and Within. Simply because of that location, I don't think this tribe will last long as a real contender for continent 44. Conflict against both Bacon and Within is almost inevitable for them, as well as some likely wars against Agony and 77ers for their more rim based players. It would not surprise me to see a hug between this tribe and Agony, later on, considering just how intermingled the spreads from the two tribes are. Only time will tell.

9. Bacon The third and probably the weakest of the premades we have looked at so far on this continent. Despite the low numbers and lower rankings though, I think this tribe has the most favourable position of the three premade contenders. With ARES and Agony as a buffer between them and Within, they have a little bit of breathing room. If I were them I would be using that time to noble out 77ers and some of the southern players of M.O.B. before pushing towards the rim to establish a stronger backline. Will almost definitely be around for the medium term, unless a hug happens or a particularly strong alliance of the weaker tribes surrounding them.

Score: 6/10

10. ~FaO~ I actually feel somewhat sorry for this tribe, as they share a spread with the highly clustered #HashT and Within. While they might have stood a decent chance elsewhere, considering just where they are, they seem more likely to end up as food for the premade tribes than as an actual contender for k44. If this tribe still exists as a reasonably sized entity two weeks after nobles I will be very surprised. If you are from ~FaO~ and reading this, I really do recommend hitting that restart button and trying your chances out on the rim.

Score: 1/10[/spoil]

My k44 Predictions

My predictions for k44 are that we will see Within, #HashT and Bacon emerging as regional powers, with a fairly early war between #HashT and Within almost definitely going to play out. Other tribes that will survive the short term are the ~NM~ Family, if only because of their location, and some combination of Agony and ARES out on the western rim of k44. As far as the much anticipated war between the premades on this continent goes, my money is on Within. #HashT looks to be a strong contender, but Within is larger and will run into less competition in the short term than #HashT will. Should this war be put off for too long though, #HashT is going to wind up completely blocking Within from access to the northern part of k44, and likely k45. If they play the diplomacy game well, this could buy them the time needed to expand north and into the ~NM~ Family, or East into Elite.

Top 5 Prediction (1 week after nobles):

1. Within
2. HashT
3. ~NM~ Family
4. Bacon
5. Agony or ARES based hug tribe

Wrapping it up...

That is about it for this first blog post. If you're the type who likes listening to strange music, or participating in silly forum games and competitions... you are welcome to click the below spoiler. I'll hopefully see you all again shortly with a write up on k45.

[spoil]Sol's AMV of the day...
Control the Redline

As many of you would have read above, I am in DI under the leadership of the mighty roman01. For our first blog challenge, I'm going to need you all to send him a mail in-game that contains the word skittles. That is all. Pictures and even videos are also encouraged... :icon_wink:
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

This Thread looks absolutely great. So much information and very well written and presented. I will be interesting in reading this every week! Keep it up man.

DeletedUser

Nicely done Cal! Keep up the good work man, looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Soragado

This is very well written and informed, tribes involved would do well to read this post. Keep up the posts please as it's hard to find members who genuinely know what they are writing about.

DeletedUser100466

Information might be biased or opinion orientated but presentation is good and 10/10 on effort. I will give your blog 6.5/10 . So keep up the good work (not that anyone pay you for it).

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the kind words. :)

Currently working on my k45 top 10 post. I should update with that one soon.

Michael Corleone.

Pretty solid blog. Keep up the good work and I hope that you continue with it. lots of blogs get started and suddenly end after 1 or 2 issues.

DeletedUser

Not bad from a former blogger perspective, bias is always the hardest part to keep out, but still overall good. It is nice to have somebody keeping up with the world comings and goings.

TheRiverStyx

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Entertaining read... will be interesting to see if your predictions come true. Looking forward to reading the next issue.

DeletedUser

Blog Post 02. The Secrets of Mass Recruiting 101

Our first post took an in-depth look at what is possibly the most talked about continent on externals, 44. This time we're going to take our microscope a little bit to the east and have a look at the current situation of the top 10 tribes in continent 45. This one is a little bit quieter, although there are still a few premades who have staked out a claim in this little corner of the world, some of whom have been included on this map despite not being in the top 10 on the continent just yet.

For those of you on k54 and k55, fear not! Your top 10 maps are coming soon. This write up process is fairly time consuming, as I need to analyse quite a bit of data to present to you in this nice, easy read, format. The last map will be a top 10 world tribes map, with some premades thrown in. Considering how much can happen to a tribe this early on in the game at a continent level, I think focusing on those first is going to prove more interesting and informative, than a more generic 'this tribe is going to be rank 1' map. Of course, feel free to share your thoughts with me. I love constructive criticism, and feedback of any kind!

[spoil]
yWDX2nW.png
[/spoil]

Now, that map truly is a little bit all over the place. Compared to k44, the top 10 tribes here are a lot more clustered, but there is also a lot more overlap between said clusters. This should hopefully make for some rather interesting map developments over the next few weeks, depending on how the various soon to be played out wars develop. At the time of writing, the premade tribe Elite is sitting comfortably at the top on score, with 77 players and a small point margin over the rank 2 tribe 4A. There is also NAM sitting over on the rim, and with DI hovering on the border of k45 and k55, who both may make their presence known in this continent over the coming weeks.

Let's get in to the tribe by tribe anlaysis. Feel free to skip the spoilered stuff and just go straight to reading the whole continent analysis, if you prefer. That's why this it is hidden away in a spoiler, after all.

[spoil]
1. Elite This tribe is mostly clustered on the central West of k45, with a couple of members in k44 as well. All things considered, I quite like their spread. Considering that Elite is a premade that has stated its intentions as being to mass-recruit and teach newer players, I think they have plenty of opportunity to do so. I can see a showdown between this tribe and the rank 2 4A once nobles come out to play, with Am I? and MIB no doubt getting involved as well. Seeing as all 4 of these tribes share an area between them that covers approximately 1/3rd of the continent, early game alliances and player skill will no doubt be the determining factors on which one comes out on top. As far as skill goes, I can see the premade core of Elite giving them something of an edge over the competition. They will also need to keep an eye to the West, in case #HashT on k44 starts getting any ideas about k44 expansion. In my opinion they will be around for a while, and are unlikely to be going anywhere in the immediate future. If I were them though, I would be cleaning up my southern border and then pushing north into ACME and ~CIA~.

Score: 7/10

2. 4A What appears to be a mass recruited tribe, 4A is never the less appearing to do quite well for itself so far, with its early game. Some strong accounts hidden away in there, and a maxed out member limit means this tribe could well be a serious contender for rank 1 in continent 45, if it can turn those 4 Aces into a winning hand. Conflict with the other mass recruiting tribes that are mixed in to their cluster, MIB, Am I? and the premade mass-recruiter Elite is going to be inevitable for them. If they come out on top from the mess that is their cluster, then pushing further East into Rize and ~77~ would be a good move for them, depending on how long it takes for them to clean up their region, what Elite does and how the western region develops. This tribe seems competent enough, but time will tell just how good or otherwise they really are.

3. -RF- With a reasonably strong cluster on the southern border of k45, a strong rim presence in the north and another cluster to the East as well, this tribe seems spread a little bit too thin to me. The south group will find themselves fighting against 4A, Am I? and Rize, with poor odds numbers wise against each of those tribes. The east cluster is surrounded by ~77~ and Rize, which could lead to good expansion opportunities or being ganged on by both. In the north, they are in contention with ACME, ~CIA~ and the premade NAM for control, again with fairly poor odds. This tribe doing well is really going to depend on strong diplomacy, and competent game play by its members, if they intend to survive past the early game. I think one or two of the 3 main clusters will survive into the mid game, but the tribe as a whole is unlikely to do so.

4. ACME A strong k44 rim tribe, based in the North West, this tribe is actually looking to be in quite a strong position to do well during the early game period. It's main competitors for the North East will be the 10th ranked tribe ~CIA~, NAM and the northern cluster of -RF-. I can see them nobling out a lot of the ~CIA~ members and really solidifying a strong cluster in the north, that could put them in a position to really threaten the premade tribes NAM and Elite, if left unchecked for too long. If they can successfully take out ~CIA~ and contain or noble the NAM and -RF- in their area, this tribe would probably be best served by pushing west into k44 rim, or further East to expand their rim dominance. This tribe should last through the early game, and possibly well into the mid-game if they are left alone, in my opinion.

5. Rize This tribe is based in the central south of k45, and appears for the most part to be mass-recruited. Considering the average points and apparent growth of its members in comparison to the tribes above, this tribe doesn't really seem to be in too favourable a position, in my eyes. Considering how it is wedged in between the premade tribes GLORY and DI, I can see this tribe being the target of both of these groups, as well as possibly being targeted by 4A and the western -RF- cluster. Probably the smartest move they could make would be a rimwards push into the marginally weaker ~77~ and focusing on wiping out the group of -RF- to their east. Even if they were to do this though, I doubt this tribe will exist as a strong entity on k45 post nobles.

6. MIB A mass recruiting tribe that is mixed in with Elite, 4A and MIB. They have a fairly strong cluster, but have fallen a bit behind the ball on growth, and will likely be targeted by Elite and 4A. If they pick their alliances well, they could survive a bit longer, but ultimately I see this tribe being wiped out or hugging it up with one of the other three in the next few weeks. Smart moves for them would be to pick an alliance with either 4A or Elite, and focus on ganging one of the other 2 tribes in that clustered up mess they are in. Should they survive past that, then they will be having to keep an eye to the west for possible incursions from the strong premades on the k44 border looking to push in and claim a chunk of k45 for themselves.

7. Am I? I almost feel like I should just copy and paste what I wrote for MIB above, for this tribe, as they have such a similar spread, location and tribe composition. That would be unfair to Am I? though, so I will attempt to add something new analysis wise, just for them. This tribe has a scattering of more rimwards players in the south east of k45, and could develop a few decent clusters down there, but ultimately I think they are destined to be destroyed by either 4A, Elite, MIB or some combination of the above. It honestly would not surprise me in the slightest to see a new tribe composed of stronger players from all four of the tribes in this area emerging, and nobling out the rest. For now though, it's a pretty volatile region, and should make for some interesting blog posts over the next few weeks.

Score: 4/10

8. ~77~ A mass recruiting tribe that is spread pretty thin across the eastern portion of k44, they appear to have a reasonably unopposed spread. They will need to watch out for lower ranked tribes and in particular -RF- and GLORY, if they want to keep that region. NAM is also going to be a threat to some of their more eastern players, and even the scattering of DI players in eastern k45 could be an issue for ~77~. No real high hopes for this tribe to be bluntly honest, but I have been surprised before and this tribe could do well with proper coordination and some good choices as far as allies go. Were they to get into talks with someone like ~CIA~ or ACME for an eventual hug, or even short term alliance, they could quickly turn the tables on NAM or -RF- through sheer force of numbers.

9. GLORY A smaller premade tribe, this one is spread across the central and eastern areas of k44. Considering the member count, they actually appear to be doing quite well for themselves, and with some good choices for wars and diplomacy may even come out on top in the continent. The early game for them will no doubt involve a lot of nobling against ~77~ and Rize, and possibly some fighting with 4A, MIB and Am I? in the big clustered blob of tribes to the west. I can actually see this tribe surviving in to the mid-game if they play things right, and work on connecting the more Eastern players in their tribe with those in the centre. Pushing North is probably going to be their best option once that is done, so they can establish a strong enough presence to keep the other premades of DI, Elite and NAM from coming after them.

10. ~CIA~ A fairly weak mass recruiting tribe based in the north west of k45, sharing a spread that is very similar to that of ACME. They also have some players out in the actual rim of k35 and k34, but ultimately I think they will lose out against ACME for control of this area, as they are developing a lot slower overall. These guys are also going to find themselvesd fighting against NAM, who to my knowledge has a number of very experienced players. time will tell if numbers or skill will win out in this case, but I don't think ~CIA~ really has what it takes to survive up here for long. An interesting move for them diplomatically could be to form a temporary alliance with ACME, GLORY or ~77~ and attempt to target the NAM villages in the North West, but I don't really see this happening at all.

*Extra* NAM A premade tribe that is primarily composed of members from Music! on w71 and 1 UP on w69, this tribe has a lot of things going for it. The spread is a fairly 'typical' quarter circle, across the edge of k45 and the bordering rim continents, with a decent number of players across the whole area. In the short term, I think this tribe is going to be very busy with potential threats like ACME, ~77~ and ~CIA~, as well as the small (and unpictured) premade Taco in the south east. Whether or not they come out well with the spread they have will depend very much on individual member skill and how they deal with the larger, more mass recruiting tribes that are mixed up in their spread. I can see NAM growing fairly comfortably in the early game, safe out on the rim with only ACME as a real potential danger. Mid-game wise they will no doubt run in to GLORY, Elite, or whatever tribe emerges from the mess of western k44.

Score: 7/10

*Extra* DI My own tribe. This tribe is a premade composed of a number of older w2 players and various others that have been picked out by the leader to make a fairly strong team going in to world 77. This tribe is one of the favourites at this early point for a world win, but that could well be biased as I am in this tribe. DI has a somewhat unusual position, straddling the border between k45 and k55, with the majority on the k55 side. They also have a small cluster of players in the east of k44, surrounded by NAM, GLORY, ACME and ~77~. If DI does push up and across the border into Rize and -RF-, then they could quickly establish themselves as a southern k45 power, especially if the players they have in the eastern part of k45 can also successfully grow and push south. This will all depend on what kind of competition DI faces in k55 though, which will most likely receive more of their attention than the northern continent of k45.

Score 6/10, for k45[/spoil]

My k45 Predictions

I predict that the western part of k45, with Elite, 4A, MIB and Am I? is going to be a complete mess for at least the next few weeks until a dominant tribe emerges from that area, or someone hugs someone else. If I had to put my money on any one of those four tribes, it would go on Elite, since they have a fairly strong position in the north of that cluster to work downwards from. Regarding the rest of the continent, I reckon GLORY will grow fairly comfortably into the area currently occupied by ~77~, while NAM does much the same further east and in the north as well. The North East looks pretty locked down by ACME, although NAM or Elite could well do something about that if they choose to go that way.

The south of k45 looks like it will be fought over by Rize, -RF- and possibly DI, if the premade chooses to go north, rather than south. The western part of k45 is going to need to get its act together pretty quickly, if it doesn't want to become a target for Within or #HashT to the west in k44.

Top 5 Prediction (1 week after nobles):

1. Elite
2. ACME
3. GLORY
4. 4A
5. NAM

That's it for k45. Stay tuned, because for our next issue we will be jumping back to the west of the world and having a look at k54. Spoiler below, for some silly forum stuff and my current AMV.

[spoil]AMV of the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBixv2U8RS4

This time, I want you guys to try and come up with some cool *legible* sentences, including at least 5 of the names of the tribes talked about in this blog post. Full names or abbreviations are fine. The best/funniest one will earn themselves a cool avatar/CoA or Signature of their choosing, designed by me. :)[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Nice thread, keep it up (Y)
And because I'm not averse to wordplay...

"Countries belonging to the Non Aligned Movement relied on Diplomatic Ingenuity to influence outcomes, where the US preferred to keep a stick besides the carrot; the Elite Men in Black unit was one such part of the CIA's 'Four Aces' programme."

GOG the Deceiver

Nice thread, keep it up (Y)
And because I'm not averse to wordplay...

"Countries belonging to the Non Aligned Movement relied on Diplomatic Ingenuity to influence outcomes, where the US preferred to keep a stick besides the carrot; the Elite Men in Black unit was one such part of the CIA's 'Four Aces' programme."

You made GOG's head hurt

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Definitely a good read. I look forward to seeing what elite can do