The Resistance

DeletedUser119811

As we can see, TEA found their new strategy now after their recruitment style didnt work.

0f15c5f783874e41034d47cfb78fde8c.png

DeletedUser119960

tea is just scared of red stats so they made him bann himselves :D

DeletedUser93954

Really, ban one of our own?

I know some accusations are kinda stupid, but god damn come on, really?

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
Don't be too surprised, happened on W83. Players would rather ban themselves to quit than fight or just be honest and quit.

DeletedUser97878

Its actually a tactic i've seen before, if BiP had the momentum on that front it kills the momentum and TEA will have the heads up that the account is unbanned before BiP do. Therefore they have that short amount of time to get the account into order before BiP can hit it again.

This is why i am for all bans being attackable bans

DeletedUser

To be fair, banning yourself is actually a viable strategy, but usually (if the mod team didn't know you or tribe) you'd have an attackable ban if you were under attack like hardnutz was so it wasn't worth it. It does buy time for support to land from the tribe.

DeletedUser93954

Well, whatever viable strategy it may serve, I cannot wrap my head around how.

DeletedUser50733

When I used to play, if you got yourself banned on purpose for whatever reason, more often than not TW gave you an attackable ban, to teach you a lesson. Now this is going back over 5 years ago so I don't know if it's still the same.

With this in mind, I severely doubt he would try to get banned on purpose and risk an attackable ban. Imagine the damage that would result from that, depending on the ban length he could be rimmed before returning.

Michael Corleone.

Well, whatever viable strategy it may serve, I cannot wrap my head around how.
Unattackable temp ban so nobody can send any new attacks to it. Think support on the way to it though so by the time it gets unbanned it will be stacked. This is not the first time this has happened, won't be the last. As long as you know what will get you only temporarily banned, people will do it.

Not surprising.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Let's say you have 40h for Alot of support to arrive, account is battered - walls down.

You get yourself banned for 40h, no new attacks, am running, walls are up, support in place.

Whats so hard to understand?

Mithrae

Don't be too surprised, happened on W83. Players would rather ban themselves to quit than fight or just be honest and quit.

Just like Noble-King was kicked to preserve stats? I don't see a "ban my account" button anywhere, so I reckon I'll withhold judgement for now.

It's not all that difficult to imagine some nasty words exchanged between HardNutz and his former 2HARD comrades. And considering the troop stacks presumably in place in HardNutz's villages are now useless - worse than if they'd never been sent anywhere at all - it's also not hard to imagine that those former comrades, now in BiP, might have perceived an advantage in attempting to get the account banned. And then of course to crow about it on the externals which, as we all know, is the most important part of TW :D

DeletedUser118278

Either way, this shows that after all TEA ain't as strong as they have been showing off all the way so far on w90. Since their picking this strategy.

DeletedUser

If he's cheating, he shouldn't be allowed to profit from it. Best thing to do tbh is to send in a support request to change it to an attackable ban rather than talking about it on the forums since it is fair enough if he is under attack regardless on whether it is on purpose or not.

Mithrae

Either way, this shows that after all TEA ain't as strong as they have been showing off all the way so far on w90. Since their picking this strategy.

And BiP have some impressively co-ordinated propaganda posts about it too :p Four posters insisting it was all TEA's fault in the space of a few minutes.