What Ever Happened To...???

• Thread starter ShadowGod Deathwing
  • Start date

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Oh, wow, lordship? Cut it out. :)
But no, that does not include you. I wouldn't call it trollling, what you do here. More like explaining a certain part of history. ;-) Besides, you actually were part of this game and this world, unlike some others. But anyway, enough of that.

What I think is funny, is that you emphasize on the lack of quality among the players, leadership in VIRUSe had to deal with, whereas SW was just saying the complete opposite. You mention inexperienced players that were never part of a serious war and dead weight, where he spoke about a lot of quality players with a lack of leadership.
What should I believe? Or was it both inexperienced and lack of leadership and was the break up of VIRUS (no "e") the real end of that tribe after all and was VIRUSe just a collection of points? ;-) (kinda like Oots. original vs DNY's Oots.)

I don't know where SW gets the idea that there were alot of quality players, sure there were some, but not many. And notice he says a lack of leadership: it may well be the case that some of the newer recruits to VIRUSe were talented players, but by this stage the leaders had already stopped being fully active anymore, so in the end it was to make little difference.

And Tibby, it wasn't really an accident the duke privs were given to the player that disbanded the tribe - more a leader wanting VIRUS disbanded, but not wanting to take the fall afterwards. I think the player who disbanded it was J.O.H.N.S.O.N if I remember correctly (an old FARM hand :icon_wink:) and that the leader had been persuaded by outside forces.

DeletedUser

They should make that forbidden. Trolling these fora without playing... (yes, sadly I know something about you)

The forum is dead already.
So let him post, who would you flame if it wasn't for TIMMISH?

DeletedUser

man it almost seems that the orignial oots and virus where responsible for the fall of w12 to DNY. rimjob was former oots that later merged into fusion to make PnP they cracked then some merged into FEMA now Fema falls

no wonder DNY had so many nuke for FEMA they never had anyone stick around long enough to take some FEMA and BSW lasted the longest against DNY though
Please read this back yourself, and tell me if it makes sense to you...

Mr Blonde i stated there were many good players , at the end the innactivity was the players who called it quits. That directly reflected on the leadership , as i said i dont blame them for having had enough.

I also stated that i blamed the former leader of Elite for this worlds demise as he created conflict with Viruse and TD also BSW as i no it.

Im not defending never was just stating what i saw , i will also its long over and not worth a hill of beans the only thing that matters in this world now is DNY and the rest of the world
And I question your statement about many good players. And as I see from Therin, I am not the only one. If a tribe is filled with good players and quality leadership, without the pressure of an enormous war to scare them of, people don't get bored. Either leadership did not provide enough exitement for their players, or the players were unable to perform as wanted. Either way, not a quality tribe.

And no, it was not only VIRUSe that gave DNY the world, lots of other tribes failed to see the "threat". Or rather hid behind DNY's back to stay around till the end. Right FEMA? ;-)

It's long over indeed, but come on, aren't we all just some oldtimers, reminissing the past. Just talking about the good old days, as nothing good ever happens anymore. :icon_razz:
It even brought some players back, we haven't seen in months here. If you want, we can focus on another part of history next. :icon_wink:

Virus was disbanded because duke privs were mistakenly given to a jackass who disbanded the tribe, which if I remember correctly was reformed within 24hrs. Someone took the original name while it was disbanded so Viruse was chosen, and a little PR spin was placed on it.

Anacharsis disbanded Viruse and barbed his account because he was sick of all of the accounts that were being sat and because he believed that the world had ceased to be fun, ie DNY just manipulating the tribes around them and recruiting their top players so that there wasn't any real exciting or formidable challenge. He wasn't the only duke at the time, but he decided to take it upon himself to make the decision.

Viruse went down hill after atlantia and others left/went inactive. There were still players who were large active and skilled, but there was a huge amount of dead weight.

Viruse was still running fine, until a decent amount of players and part of the leadership left because of RL. This game takes an immense amount of time in order to be played well. A lot of players eventually come to the decision that they've played for long enough and they no longer have the time to manage massive accounts. That was what killed the tribe (The active players found new homes and continued on.). It had very little if anything to do with DNY warring them.
Giving some noob duke priviliges indeed is the sign of a good working tribe. Only great leadership can do that and you must be great if you have players like that in your tribe that will use that privilege like that. Please don't try to feed us crap like that... :icon_rolleyes: (but Therin set that straight already..)

I keep amazed how people continue to deny, warring DNY has anything or little to do with players losing intrest in this game. You wouldn't believe how many players are just nobling barbs the whole time through, but go flatline once the first attacks come in. Or tribes that fall apart once they become a target by DNY. But if you feel better thinking it had nothing to do with that, continue to live your own world...

DeletedUser

The forum is dead already.
So let him post, who would you flame if it wasn't for TIMMISH?
If it would be really dead, I rather put it under the ground for real, than keep it alive on machines like that troll...

Anyway, this topic is interesting enough to keep it on-topic.

DeletedUser

Giving some noob duke priviliges indeed is the sign of a good working tribe. Only great leadership can do that and you must be great if you have players like that in your tribe that will use that privilege like that.

i remember when suko has had the sitting of rednecks acc. and all the privileges.
:icon_eek:
priceless

DeletedUser

Suko is not a noob, nor would he do anything to really damage a tribe like that, he is somehow related to. Plus, you should have bolded the last part and you should have known that was not a relevant remark.

Other than that, yes priceless indeed. :)

Ray Joakim

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Trolling Ray Joakim? Is that any different from what you're doing?
Ignorant / Rubbish player?

Demeaning others on an online forum may give you an artificial and temporary sense of self worth. If you get the chance, let me know how long it lasts after you've stepped away from your PC and taken a look in a mirror.

Sorry who are you lol? Difference is people like you and Slinkiest do not know the actual facts and type untrue tripe on these forums. Fortunately for you, Mr Blonde cares enough to counter your "points".

As for ignorance and being a bad player: there is absolutely nothing wrong with this statement. It's relating to the game, not a personal attack. You just don't know/created your own assumptions. Refer to Blonde & Therin, please, they are our historians. You think that I need to look into mirror and think to myself "I am NOT an ignorant/rubbish player of TW. I am NOT an ignorant/rubbish player of TW."? Spare me. I'm not boosting my own self-worth (I'm happy as it is - and what could you possibly know about me anyways - stop making foolish, naive deductions about me based on what I write on an internet game forum lol) I'm just stating the facts.

If you think YOU are a better player then me, then by all means try and do something about it and prove that you are. I've already proven to be competent enough. The fact that I'm in DNY and you are not is enough.

Great troll btw, I totally fell for it. Quit w12 already? You suck - what the hell have you done in all the time you've played this world?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No problem. Whenever I smoke it, nothing makes sense anymore. ;-)
I make sure I am nowhere near telephones or computers at that time, most of the time as well.

It looked like you were in a hurry to some up the whole history of this world in 1 sentnce or something...

DeletedUser

Btw, the Atlantia we were talking about, is that the same as the new moderator on w41?

slinkiestwizard

Ray i wouldnt call Tib out on the forum every point he stated was dead on as he took the tribe when wastefull left the game. Everything stated is relavant and correct.I didnt no the part about racist remarks but can see it.

No josh wasnt refering to you as the crap leader of Elite you were golden and proved your ability on many levels .You were a deadly force as you proved repeatedly.

As for Zed i think my war plans caused the leaders to quit 24 hours after attacks were launched , yes ill pat myself on the back for that. Probably the last real attack plans that the tribe followed through on.(BSW)

Mr Blonde and therin the good players i referred to were the sat accounts maybee i didnt express that enough( thought i had).Then players like packerman moving to DNY made it worse. Thye ability of a tribe to conquer always remains in the ability of a tribe to attack. A leader is only as good as the strength of his tribe. DNY has good leaders and has had,this being said the players who attacked and nobled enemy villages made the leaders good.

This being said that makes me a shit leader, many of my players did and still do nothing . Its to late to change . This world is long done i saw the writting on the wall to late and believed a few could raise the roof and encourage many.

Ray you often demean many players that post here whats the point? Plz if you can offer something worth while as Mr Blonde has done no matter how you address it then please do.

The weak attempts to call people out on the forum directly reflects on you ( i always try to take things from where they come)

Tib hasnt posted here in a while if you look at his past post he has always been dead on, hes respected by the players that no him and feared by the players that have incomings from him.

Ill be honest as i always am if he ever decided to attack you 1 on 1 youd quit after several days , be thankful he has been less then active for almost 5 months now

DeletedUser

Mr Blonde and therin the good players i referred to were the sat accounts maybee i didnt express that enough( thought i had).
Ok, that was not clear for me. So the good players were those that deserted you, left the tribe for dead, on the verge of a monster war? Hmm...

DeletedUser

I read one post of this thread and died, lucky my wife was nearby to revive me. X(

DeletedUser37005

totally correct KOK ,atlantia was the leader who walked away due to RL issues, i belive it was tpandrews who disbanned the tribe but not 100% sure, might have even been nickthefool .

Its old news more than a year ago the thorn in everyones side at that time that caused so much termoil was bahlool with Elite tribe,he was the downfall of this world and wont ever be forgotten for creating so much havoc in the south.

Did anyone else notice atlantia playing on other worlds and leading tribes? Some RL issues...huh. More like she knew she was done and she bailed.