Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

100 villages isn't exactly a half a world........ Just putting it out there :icon_rolleyes:

mattcurr

gave away my top 100 spot and all my villages.
100 villages isn't exactly a half a world........ Just putting it out there :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_wink: Lets play spot the inconsistency!

Also 100 villages 800 villages same crap, from my experience at least. Plus the triteness of play is irrelevant to the point you were making, not quite sure what you were aiming at with that quip.

And I cant believe this topic is still alive! Dieing sure, all games run their course, need for this topic? Ehh basically its a bitch and moan about what you dont like and give suggestions thread now. I thought we had a whole section for that! But what do I know.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Tribal Wars is too addictive to let go, that's why people force themselves to leave, i've played since world 5 never stopped, but i reckon i will have too other wise it will take over my life. Not a bad thing to quit this after a while.

I'm sure when i join world 60 that there were 1000's of players on it. Few old players from the real older worlds, i've played with pro's and they had premium but 99, 000, 000 points is hard with premium! People played without premium and got high. These players have gone into the real world. They spent 5 years playing now there gone, so new people come along, who cares ? Tribal Wars is always moving along! Someone quits someone joins, you got that guy hooked for the next 3-5 years.

DeletedUser

Except you dont have that new guy hooked for the next 3 years. He gets cleared a week after bp because the guy next to him has played for a year longer than him and knows what to do. Now that newbie has a choice - spend the next two weeks doing exactly the same as he did before, which is rather tedious, or he can move on to Travian who pride themselves on 'No need to attack other players!!1!'.

DeletedUser

LOL TRAVIAN was the rubbishist game i have ever played...... i got confused after working out what i was meant to do

DeletedUser

Doh...
And that's why you shouldn't wake up in the middle of the night, and post messages folks!!!!

The quip was only because I thought he said 100 villages (I just looked he actually only got 26 villages into the no hauls world), and that he plays half a world then get's bored....
I just find that trying to exagerate a point, doesn't make it more legitimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Regarding the sense of acheivement, the awards are lacking personal improvement. For example, there are awards such as first in the world for blah, or whatever, and they seem a long way off for weaker players. And global rank? Someone sitting at 1000 looks at it with pity, not imagining themselves getting too much higher in the near future.

If tribalwars added in stats you can look back on, such as a graph of resources plundered, or a point gain graph it would be great. These would only be able to be seen by themselves, so noone else could use it against them. Merely a method for them to see how they have improved, or where they need to improve.

My idea! Which i think at least 90% of people will agree should be on SOME worlds, not all, but SOME.

one other thing, i think as a premium option, or maybe just another world type, there should be SMALLER worlds. Worlds that you don't have to end up having hundreds of villages in, without the end of the world even within sight. I never have reached the end of a world, simply because as soon as I hit .1k villages, it becomes too demanding. I really enjoy the start of the game, and honestly last as long as possible.

Also, a player with 100 villages, who then looses say 70 or 80 of them, becomes useless. He isn't necessarily "kicked" out of the game, as you would on your last village, but he has all hope taken away and is left alive, almost cruelly. Thus my idea for smaller worlds, where everything fits into maybe the size of 4 or 9 continents. MUCH smaller. Also with tribe limits of say 20 people. Basically would increase clan play, tactical play, teamwork and actually have the end of the game in sight, before you reach hundreds of villages. I would absolutely LOVE tribalwars. Like seriously LOVE it so bad, if they added in a 9 continent world mode. Ecstatic at the idea :p

Anyone agree/disagree?

Cheers,
Randomman159

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Also, a player with 100 villages, who then looses say 70 or 80 of them, becomes useless. He isn't necessarily "kicked" out of the game, as you would on your last village, but he has all hope taken away and is left alive, almost cruelly. Thus my idea for smaller worlds, where everything fits into maybe the size of 4 or 9 continents. MUCH smaller. Also with tribe limits of say 20 people. Basically would increase clan play, tactical play, teamwork and actually have the end of the game in sight, before you reach hundreds of villages. I would absolutely LOVE tribalwars. Like seriously LOVE it so bad, if they added in a 9 continent world mode. Ecstatic at the idea :p

Actually I believe quite the opposite, someone who loses 80 villages, and has some packages stored, then has lower noble prices, and can easily come back and get into the hunt for a top 20 spot. A little teamwork goes a long way, and you should always be helping your members come through the above sort of scenario, because they'll be better for it.

DeletedUser

If tribalwars added in stats you can look back on, such as a graph of resources plundered, or a point gain graph it would be great. These would only be able to be seen by themselves, so noone else could use it against them. Merely a method for them to see how they have improved, or where they need to improve.

I like this idea. Perhaps it deserves it's own discussion thread.

DeletedUser

I agree with what a lot of people have all ready said, the average quality of a player is so much higher now that it is near impossible for some one new to start playing unless they have an awful lot of help.

Maybe a solution to this would be to create worlds for new players only, however I am sure some people would abuse this and create new accounts just to join these worlds. So maybe when a player reaches 20 villages or X amount of points his account is removed and can no longer join a beginner server?

DeletedUser22924

Also 100 villages 800 villages same crap, from my experience at least. Plus the triteness of play is irrelevant to the point you were making, not quite sure what you were aiming at with that quip.

And I cant believe this topic is still alive! Dieing sure, all games run their course, need for this topic? Ehh basically its a bitch and moan about what you dont like and give suggestions thread now. I thought we had a whole section for that! But what do I know.

thats what you do mattcurr:icon_redface:

DeletedUser104171

True, but I only joined Tribal Wars on 14th November 2011 and I rather enjoyed it.
But on World 52 there are a lot of abandoned villages.:icon_eek::icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

True, but I only joined Tribal Wars on 14th November 2011 and I rather enjoyed it.
But on World 52 there are a lot of abandoned villages.:icon_eek::icon_rolleyes:

Yes therealrandomman, you certainly are random

Try using the quote system in forums as well as the edit post function. It'll mean you don't need to double post, and the quotes will help your posts make sense.

cuban hermes

Well, I'll add my 2 pence here.

I played a couple of years back, made great bonds, met up for drinks IRL with tribemates and generally had a great time. I joined TW when I was down, out and depressed. It actually brought me out of it to some degree. The camaraderie is great and while its not COD (which I play waiting for nobles to land) it's still a heavily involving game.

I played half-assed on a couple of worlds and have given it a proper go again 40 worlds later and am completely hooked once more. I even had old premium points just waiting for me to activate from years ago.

Far from dying I thin TW will go on for many years. So many people leave, come back, leave and come back that there will always be a core of paying members and the new members will always pour in.

DeletedUser103644

I agree with cuban, I am a sample of this.

I quit for one year being confident I would never play tw again. Yet I started playing w57 for so w59,

This game is addicting for all who like these type of games, It is a reason people return.

I would like to give credits for the new intro at start up, I think it is great for new players and answer a whole lot more questions than before. I know how hard it can be to play tw, I started with no experience and no one taught me anything in my first worlds, However I didn't do to bad as a noob in my opinion.

However it could be an idea to change the ending of worlds, like travians ending. Having a deadline at some few worlds see where this goes. A different deadline than owning 80 % of the world.

Making some worlds with an entirely new consept, what about making the hardest world of all time?

Containing:
tech level, church, no support outside tribe, militia, packets, paladin with weapons(where Aletheia's Bonfire makes cats great D units), slowest unit speed and world speed, archers and mounted archers.

Make it so you need 5 nobles to take a village instead of 4, make bars grow slow to 2k, have bp end after 3 days.

Also add that war camp or what it was called that is within the tribes.

All this will become a long lasting and hard world. This can prove to be fun for old players who want a challenge.

You may have already thought of this, but how about making a vote about such world, see what players think of it, announce it to all let all players decide if they want such a world.

I love tw and I know for sure I will play it in many years to come as well as I know it will exist in many years from now.

I would love to help with fresh ideas if you need any, I am confident ill come up with something if I try.

Sincerely
Daniel