Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

I think it's important to realize that although Inno needs people to play the game to make the worlds interesting, they are a company that's here to make money, and if they think they can make more off of BTR's, than just off of premium, than they are likely going to do it.

At the end of the day, games have a shelf life, and Inno will need to make money off of it while it can.

DeletedUser656

It was more like a huge uproar. The community was so upset about it, that the CM had to open a new area, where everyone could ask Innogames directly, in order to ease the tension. If it´s going to do any good, that remains to be seen (since IG hasn´t answered on the questions set, yet).
However, there´s nothing that can be interpreted as a "success" there. There might have been a lot of registrations for the according world (W78). But anyone, who is reading the forum regular, knows that many of them have registered only because they want to strike those, who are willing to accept the new contents. A few told, that they´ll register only to see how it is and then delete their accounts. Others choose to try their luck there (without investing money in buyable advantages), because they were out of real alternatives. The only other world, that started at the same time, was set with rather difficult settings, which were interesting only for experienced players.

So, using the number of registrations as a proof of success wouldn´t work. By the way, when all that uproar started after the announcement, even the CM from the ch-servers had to log in and support his german comrade, who had to take all the blaming for IGs questionable decisions. Cole said, that he´ll try to keep the new changes away from the ch-servers as long as possible, but that he can´t decide against what is ordered from IG.

You see, I do know a thing or two about the situation.

Your definition of a success is not the same as our definition of a success.

DeletedUser

If they keep it from .net I don't see a problem. Perhaps players from .de and other servers that don't want to play with PP settings can join .net = more competition. Would be nice if you could translate the game into your own language though. Without swaping servers.

twenty-five

If they keep it from .net I don't see a problem. Perhaps players from .de and other servers that don't want to play with PP settings can join .net = more competition. Would be nice if you could translate the game into your own language though. Without swaping servers.

I'm sure they probably could if they wanted to, I mean the other language versions already exist -- the translation of the game already exists. The issue occurs when you are talking to other players and/or support staff, you can at best hope for something akin to google translate which frankly isn't very workable.

DeletedUser

I'm sure they probably could if they wanted to, I mean the other language versions already exist -- the translation of the game already exists. The issue occurs when you are talking to other players and/or support staff, you can at best hope for something akin to google translate which frankly isn't very workable.

Or, just get a few staff members that know Lithuanian ;).

DeletedUser

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there are more languages.
If we still had the players from .nl, .com.br, .co.uk etc???

DeletedUser

Exactly. If TW were to hire staff that speak german to accomodate .de players, they'd have to hire players from every servers language base to accomodate everyone else or else it's just not fair.

twenty-five

Or, just get a few staff members that know Lithuanian ;).

Doesn't solve the issue of communication between players. You could have a staff member knowing every language, which would be rather expensive I expect and so unlikely it probably wouldn't happen.

DeletedUser

I think that Tribal Wars is a Dying Game, indeed.:icon_cry:
And I am sad, because I liked and still I like this game. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser103487

I think a part of a reason why this game is dieing is beacuse, TW is always advertising other games.. Its like they want us out of here to play the other games.

DeletedUser

I think a part of a reason why this game is dieing is beacuse, TW is always advertising other games.. Its like they want us out of here to play the other games.

Tribalwars is advertising new games... what.:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

All other inno games will be advertising as well. What do you think they will be advertising? Other Inno games*. TribalWars will be among them, so it works both ways.

*here 'Inno' being short for 'innogames'; not a typo.

DeletedUser

tribalwars is a long term game, when we start we have an idea it will only take a couple of months, at least this was my perception, however 10 months into my account i have realised i was wrong this leads me to accept that when my time is done on my current world i will take a break, however i will be back to play again.

if everyone and im being as general as possible goes throuh the same process then this would suggest that it isnt on the decline, just some people are going out to see what that big shiny object is in th sky and will return causing another rise in the numbers, not of new players but old players returning to "have another couple of months"

whilst playng my main world, i intermittently make another account on a new world, but my heart simply isnt in it to commit the time necessary to grow another decent account becuse i think to myself it will jsut interfere on my "main" world

also regards the advertising, as someone else has pointed out inno is a business, its here to make money your fun is secondary to that if you think its different then you are mistaken as long as the consumer base merits the input from them they will continue with tw, it isnt going away anytime soon

DeletedUser656

Other games don't advertise Tribal Wars because Tribal Wars has a much lower revenue per player because we so far have not implemented new premium features such as BTR, resource exchange, noble slots, etc.

DeletedUser

Other games don't advertise Tribal Wars because Tribal Wars has a much lower revenue per player because we so far have not implemented new premium features such as BTR, resource exchange, noble slots, etc.

Does that include total revenue over the course of a world? I can see people paying to speed up buildings early stage but once you get to 10/100/1000 vills will people really want to spend that sort of money consistantly?

Also once you know you can win a world by outspending anyone else where is your incentive to try another world when you know you can only do well by spending $100's of dollars more when you could just buy a better game for less money?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

That doesn't explain why, say, tribalwars.us isn't advertised much either though (ie. it does have BTR).

DeletedUser54677

BTR's are self explanatory, but what are resource exchange and noble slots?

Resource exchange - I guess using premium to swap say 500 clay for 500 iron?
Noble slots - No idea on this one.

DeletedUser99405

I have played casually over the years, on multiple accounts and have been in the shadows for most of the time. Never really forming the "bonds" or "unions" and enjoyed the game ever so much.

Recently its becoming less interesting to play... why? Premades.
Premades have existed for awhile now, but back then it wasn't as exact on what to do. Things were still being built on how and with new variables thrown in it was always fun and exciting to play. With the no farming thing I came back on this account, but even with that the general gameplay was the same and I got terribly bored and eventually gave away my top 100 spot and all my villages.

Its just repetitive. It needs something... new? I guess. I have no other way in putting it.
I love the game, but I can barely go half a world without getting bored anymore.