A GLOWing Mistake?

DeletedUser

As many of you are well aware, relations between GLOW and ~P~/~N~ are becoming increasingly fragile. However, the sequence of events leading to the fragile state seems to be in question. My intent with this post is to clarify the current situation, and air out past transgressions and possible future solutions. It may be that I'm entirely at fault for this ordeal, but I don't believe that to be the case. Since their leadership is talking in circles (one says something while another does something else), I'll let you guys offer advice/wisdom/whatever else you may have to add on the topic.

Some introductory facts:
1. There have never been any conflicts between our family and GLOW.
2. It's my understanding that around a month ago there were talks of future relations, but nothing came of them.
3. Leadership had been fairly amiable.

GLOW's Propaganda and Poaching Campaign
ThePrinceOfDarkness began by messaging family members.

[Spoil]
ThePrinceofDarkness on 11.03. at 16:29
Hello XXXX

~We've been following your progress and are impressed, we like to keep an open line of communication with good players who may benefit our tribe.

Are you open to chat?

PoD
[/Spoil]

Generally, a family member would respond. I'm sure some of the responses were of genuine interest. Others feigned interest. Two others were responded to by me, because I happened to be sitting their accounts at the time. This message was generally followed up with:

[spoil]
How are you finding things in ~P~? We got word things are not well, hence this mail. We don't want the whole K to go into chaos.
[/spoil]

Of course, none of our members had a clue about things not going well--because it was a blatant lie lol. There have been no problems in our tribe for several weeks. There was an issue almost a month ago, which I've referenced in another portion of the forum, but it was one that was taken care of in less than 24 hours and the tribe was immediately notified by circ, so that they were all on the same page.

As I became aware that this was a pattern and not a singular occurrence, I messaged him:
[spoil]
Huskerst0rm Mar 12,2013 15:22
I have received word throughout the week that you have been sending messages to our players. This is an immediate cease and desist order. You no longer have permission to message members outside of leadership. If I receive word from any member that you are messaging them, I will consider it an act of war.

It's in our best interests to work together right now. I'm not sure where you heard that we are having troubles, but you are either several weeks behind the time because you read something I posted on the forums or you are flat out incorrect.

We (GLOW+~P~+~N~) have a distinct advantage over Sry?me, namely that they are spread across the SE and we are in a cluster. The thing they want more than anything is for our tribes to have conflict. Don't give it to them. However, if you continue your propaganda, I will ensure it.

Duke of ~P~,
Huskerst0rm

ThePrinceofDarkness Mar 12,2013 16:04
I only talk to interested parties, I haven't forced anyone to talk to me

Huskerst0rm Mar 12,2013 16:09
I view solicitation of responses, especially when you haven't asked tribe leadership for permission as an act of war.

It's clear that you are hoping for 1 of 3 things, especially by the way you phrase your message. The first thing you would like is for those members to join you. The second thing you would is some information out of those players, if they don't intend to join you. The third is to get your face out to tribesmembers that you might want if you ever attempted to move through this K.

The acts are clearly predatory. If they continue, we will have to take appropriate actions.

ThePrinceofDarkness Mar 12,2013 16:14
In a war game all acts are predatory, some time we have to test the waters and we found it warm.

As duke of your tribe you must do as you feel best for your tribe but to sit and do nothing for long is not an option.

Huskerst0rm Mar 12,2013 16:49
It is unclear to me what the second sentence means, particularly "but to sit and do nothing for long is not an option."

To what are you referring?

ThePrinceofDarkness Mar 12,2013 17:01
The world, and tribes, evolve and change boundaries move and people want more. When problems arise within a tribe it can be unnerving particularly if leadership is shown to be lacking, yet one thing is certain, war, fighting and conquest. A duke needs to weigh up what is important and when the time to fight is and when the time to sit and wait is. Either way decisions must be made and something will happen, sometimes that thing is good some times it will be bad, but as Duke the decisions continue and must be made.

Huskerst0rm Mar 12,2013 17:03
I'm interested in where you believe "problems [have] arise[n] within the tribe"? And, leadership certainly isn't lacking.

ThePrinceofDarkness Mar 12,2013 17:05
I've seen you have a more balanced approach than your co duke who knows of me from W48.

The problems I don't have specific details on but came from several sources. We do not want to see that continent descend into chaos as that would be bad for us.

Huskerst0rm Mar 12,2013 17:49
I would say that's an accurate depiction of the differences in our management styles. I'm calm, cool, collected, and very well educated. Joe, on the other hand, is rash, young, and emotional. The two are not always a bad fit.

Having us both around can create friction, though. 17 days ago, I had nukes and noble trains aimed at both of Joe's villages. He'd made it clear that I could not leave and form my own tribe. I desired to do so because of his poor involvement and leadership. Rimming him seemed the only option to protect our family from his leadership. However, I was talked out of it by one of the dukes of ~A~, now baron of ~P~.

The conversation resulted in my promotion to duke, the creation of a democratic council with 10 roles. All tribal acts go through the council. Each role has sole authority to act on behalf of the tribe, but must revert to the Council for any change in status.

This means that it is sometimes slower to get things done, but it's an effective limitation on the decisions Joe was previously making. For the last 17 days, it has worked very well. Joe's changed his leadership style quite a bit. He's communicating much better and deferring to other leaders on most issues. Quite frankly, the tribe has never been this stable. Joe and I talk on the phone with some regularity, and I believe that we have bridged most, if not all, of our differences.

Anyways, you can rest assured that our continent will not descend into "choas." We have it on lockdown.
[/spoil]

GLOW Hits Paydirt
Their first conversion occurs, confirming all previous thoughts; Dude0000579 converts.

The following is my conversation with Dude minutes after he moved:
[spoil]
Huskerst0rm Mar 14,2013 23:04
Any reason you left us for GLOW?

Dude0000579 Mar 14,2013 23:05
Felt like a change.

Huskerst0rm Mar 14,2013 23:06
Gotcha. Pretty risky change.

Dude0000579 Mar 14,2013 23:07
Unstatement lol

Huskerst0rm Mar 14,2013 23:08
You prob oughta get yourself heavily stacked. If you don't, you're going to get nobled out pretty easily.

Dude0000579 Mar 14,2013 23:09
Indeed.
[/spoil].

As you can see, the warning/advice was given and accepted. The only reason a member in his location would leave our tribe is because he wants villages that are in our tribe. I've seen it occur many other times. He has no other incentive to leave.

I immediately mailed the GLOW duke:
[spoil]
Huskerst0rm Mar 14,2013 23:09
Hello sir,

I would like you to know that we have a tribal policy against defection. Feel free to support your new member, but we will eventually take him out.

Thanks,
Huskerst0rm

TheRealRees Mar 15,2013 10:16
That's all well and good, but we have a tribal policy against others attacking our members. He chose to join us with no malice towards your tribe, as we have no malice towards your tribe at the moment.

Would just like you to bear that in mind!

Als you've recently recruited Pocket Aces, was that a very smart move? Considering he's surrounded by Merge and has suicided most of his troops...

Cheers,
Rees

Emphasis added: Huskerst0rm
[/spoil]

Please don't get off topic in the thread about Pocket Aces. I'm more than willing to have another thread about that decision. That said, his choice of "malice" is interesting. In the legal field, we generally no longer use the term malice because it's incredibly hard to define. Whereas it is a apparent they are poaching our members, and making moves in an adverse manner to our interests, it's clear that they are not on our side. Whether there is "malice" seems to be unimportant. I recognize the attempt at seeding a tribe--Dude is a prime example. So is PocketAces, for that matter.

Fast Forward to Today:
In utter n00b fashion, GLOW leadership mailed every single member of our family (as far as I can tell):

[spoil]
TheRealRees Mar 15,2013 20:38
Hi there [ally]~P~[/ally] family,

After trying to make this point to your Duke and getting no reply I figured it was best to talk to you as a group. You may already be considering ignoring this mail, but its in both our best interests if you don't.

[player]Dude0000579[/player] has recently joined [ally]GloW[/ally] and I understand that you lot are a little disappointed. However in a world where there are already so many enemies, is it really smart for you all to make another one?

1) There was no malice in Dude0000579's move.
2) GloW has never attacked you and were no intending on it before this incident.
3) Your tribe will have bigger problems to deal with than 1 player.

Bearing all of this in mind, is attacking us and making us an enemy your smartest move? We don't leave a single member unsupported, and as a result any trains or nukes you send will now be a waste of time. Instead of wasting those troops on us and making us a permanent enemy, would it not be wiser for you to use those troops more effectively?

Anyway its up to you, we're ready for any attacks you may launch, we had good relations with your tribe til now and intended to work with you in the future, but that all ends if any real attacks are launched on our members.

Its your call now.
Thanks a lot,
Rees

P.s. Please don't reply to my mail with spam, there's rather a large number of members in your family tribe and my mailbox isn't big enough for it!
[/spoil]

This message made several things clear to me:
1. While GLOW might not want to engage in actual warfare with our family, it would prefer to attempt to disrupt the tribe from the inside out. A tactic that will fail.
2. GLOW has no respect for our tribe's leadership and/or diplomats.

After this, I was notified that Dude was messaging members and attempting to get them to flip. Quite the sneaky tactic. It's clear what the intentions are, but GLOW prefers to play it dumb--something that doesn't work on me.

Family Options:
1. Take dude out.
2. Let GLOW continue doing what they are doing. Let members leave freely. Take no action.

It's clear to me that #2 is not an option, even if it means hitting villages that are stacked. #1 is the only sensible solution. It sends a message to anybody else considering leaving that there are repercussions to defections. Dude's villages are at our core. Any potential expansion would require him to take our villages or DOA's villages--his intent when leaving.

The other solution:
GLOW could:
1. stop their attempts to poach our players.
2. stop attempting to deceive our tribe members.
3. Remove Dude from their tribe.
4. Actually attempt reasonable diplomatic relations. Seeding a tribe is obviously preparation for war.
5. Turn their focus on the real threat: TribeWhoMustNotBeNamedBecauseICantEverGetItRight. Especially as they are wasting their nukes on the player we are currently using to seed them, and have lost quite a few defensive troops from PocketAces attacks. There has never been a better opportunity for GLOW to take on #1 in their area. You/they (as many of you reading this will be of that tribe), are easily the favorites to win this world. If we keep doing stupid shit like this--and you continue your attempts to undermine our tribes, we will flat out hand them the victory for the SE corner.

Interested in your thoughts,
Huskerst0rm
Alias since 66.

DeletedUser

Guys. This is tribal wars. Wage some war. Take em out, starting with the deserters, then the rest of em.

DeletedUser

Lolz, you guys are special enough you deserve to be in every topic. If anything I said about you was incorrect, I will edit it out.
You can be respectful and all, but don't suck up to them shamelessly. Please.

DeletedUser

Huskers is my friend. No sucking up needed. :) And I don't see anything incorrect, it's fine. :p

DeletedUser94059

they want us to turn on you instead of us hitting them. we did poach some of your members you are right but not all.. how many of you are there?? remember tribe limits lol.

are you butt hurt cause you didnt get an invite?? i can send you one if you want :)

i think you are going on about this as you know its true people arent happy in your tribe and dude was the only one with the guts to leave.. i just hope the others that said they wanted to actually do it.

DeletedUser

they want us to turn on you instead of us hitting them. we did poach some of your members you are right but not all.. how many of you are there?? remember tribe limits lol.

are you butt hurt cause you didnt get an invite?? i can send you one if you want :)

i think you are going on about this as you know its true people arent happy in your tribe and dude was the only one with the guts to leave.. i just hope the others that said they wanted to actually do it.

Yes, my butt hurts right now, but it's due to a pulled glute, not the lack of an invite.

I know of 4 that continued conversations with you on my orders. So, that brings you down to 2. Unless they actually were interested. I don't know who the fifth is, but I'd be shocked if the others left.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As many of you are well aware, relations between GLOW and ~P~/~N~ are becoming increasingly fragile. However, the sequence of events leading to the fragile state seems to be in question. My intent with this post is to clarify the current situation, and air out past transgressions and possible future solutions. It may be that I'm entirely at fault for this ordeal, but I don't believe that to be the case. Since their leadership is talking in circles (one says something while another does something else), I'll let you guys offer advice/wisdom/whatever else you may have to add on the topic.

Some introductory facts:
1. There have never been any conflicts between our family and GLOW.
2. It's my understanding that around a month ago there were talks of future relations, but nothing came of them.
3. Leadership had been fairly amiable.

GLOW's Propaganda and Poaching Campaign
ThePrinceOfDarkness began by messaging family members.

Generally, a family member would respond. I'm sure some of the responses were of genuine interest. Others feigned interest. Two others were responded to by me, because I happened to be sitting their accounts at the time. This message was generally followed up with:

Of course, none of our members had a clue about things not going well--because it was a blatant lie lol. There have been no problems in our tribe for several weeks. There was an issue almost a month ago, which I've referenced in another portion of the forum, but it was one that was taken care of in less than 24 hours and the tribe was immediately notified by circ, so that they were all on the same page.

As I became aware that this was a pattern and not a singular occurrence, I messaged him:

GLOW Hits Paydirt
Their first conversion occurs, confirming all previous thoughts; Dude0000579 converts.

The following is my conversation with Dude minutes after he moved:

As you can see, the warning/advice was given and accepted. The only reason a member in his location would leave our tribe is because he wants villages that are in our tribe. I've seen it occur many other times. He has no other incentive to leave.

I immediately mailed the GLOW duke:

Please don't get off topic in the thread about Pocket Aces. I'm more than willing to have another thread about that decision. That said, his choice of "malice" is interesting. In the legal field, we generally no longer use the term malice because it's incredibly hard to define. Whereas it is a apparent they are poaching our members, and making moves in an adverse manner to our interests, it's clear that they are not on our side. Whether there is "malice" seems to be unimportant. I recognize the attempt at seeding a tribe--Dude is a prime example. So is PocketAces, for that matter.

Fast Forward to Today:
In utter n00b fashion, GLOW leadership mailed every single member of our family (as far as I can tell):

This message made several things clear to me:
1. While GLOW might not want to engage in actual warfare with our family, it would prefer to attempt to disrupt the tribe from the inside out. A tactic that will fail.
2. GLOW has no respect for our tribe's leadership and/or diplomats.

After this, I was notified that Dude was messaging members and attempting to get them to flip. Quite the sneaky tactic. It's clear what the intentions are, but GLOW prefers to play it dumb--something that doesn't work on me.

Family Options:
1. Take dude out.
2. Let GLOW continue doing what they are doing. Let members leave freely. Take no action.

It's clear to me that #2 is not an option, even if it means hitting villages that are stacked. #1 is the only sensible solution. It sends a message to anybody else considering leaving that there are repercussions to defections. Dude's villages are at our core. Any potential expansion would require him to take our villages or DOA's villages--his intent when leaving.

The other solution:
GLOW could:
1. stop their attempts to poach our players.
2. stop attempting to deceive our tribe members.
3. Remove Dude from their tribe.
4. Actually attempt reasonable diplomatic relations. Seeding a tribe is obviously preparation for war.
5. Turn their focus on the real threat: TribeWhoMustNotBeNamedBecauseICantEverGetItRight. Especially as they are wasting their nukes on the player we are currently using to seed them, and have lost quite a few defensive troops from PocketAces attacks. There has never been a better opportunity for GLOW to take on #1 in their area. You/they (as many of you reading this will be of that tribe), are easily the favorites to win this world. If we keep doing stupid shit like this--and you continue your attempts to undermine our tribes, we will flat out hand them the victory for the SE corner.

Interested in your thoughts,
Huskerst0rm
Alias since 66.

If you want this war so badly, declare it yourself? We/GloW are ready for a fight :) and I personally am looking forward to some new villages, can't speak for my tribe mates, but, in all honesty your post was kind of rubbish...my eyes are actually burning from reading it all. My apologies to whoevers eyes suffered the same fate as my own.

diehardkz-Baron of GloW

DeletedUser

Well. The sucking up made me feel good about myself. Way to ruin a man's day, Husk.

Then read what I wrote about you in the original post. "Clearly the favorite to win" seems to be an honest statement that should make you feel good about yourself.

DeletedUser103537

Was a interesting PnP and I quite liked reading it. Has nothing to do with me though has a lot to do with the tribe I am in that ~P~ are pretty much saying to Glow to war Merge(not sure if that is still our name). Sad part Glow recruited off ~P~ yet they still think they can get Glow to do what they want. I must say pretty sad of you ~P~.

Honestly the world is still developing and really picking the favorites this early not smart. On 64 Where? were the most dominate tribe what happen there loyal ally who got pissed with them. Well we merged with rank 2 tribe. I wanted to war them pretty much yet in the end they disband and merge with a tribe lower ranked then they were. So many things can happen in tribalwars. Both Glow and tribe with many names look dominate but things can change in tribal wars we will have to wait and see what happens in the world. Things change in the game maybe a rimm tribe will try to win the world. Also what happen to the commonwealth miss them.

DeletedUser

Was a interesting PnP and I quite liked reading it. Has nothing to do with me though has a lot to do with the tribe I am in that ~P~ are pretty much saying to Glow to war Merge(not sure if that is still our name). Sad part Glow recruited off ~P~ yet they still think they can get Glow to do what they want. I must say pretty sad of you ~P~.

Honestly the world is still developing and really picking the favorites this early not smart. On 64 Where? were the most dominate tribe what happen there loyal ally who got pissed with them. Well we merged with rank 2 tribe. I wanted to war them pretty much yet in the end they disband and merge with a tribe lower ranked then they were. So many things can happen in tribalwars. Both Glow and tribe with many names look dominate but things can change in tribal wars we will have to wait and see what happens in the world. Things change in the game maybe a rimm tribe will try to win the world. Also what happen to the commonwealth miss them.

Agreed, for the most part--anything can happen. Their NAP with your tribe made sense when AFLAC existed. Since you merged with them, it makes a whole lot less sense to me. But, I'm also not in either tribe.

Often, tribes unite over similar causes. Recognizing places where there is joint value creates positive relationships where they did not previously exist. It's often a technique of negotiations and something you ought to leverage.

ashoka1

Looks like merge using thier chums for pnp and then flaming glow.

Wouldnt be surprised if the first post was written after having consultation with merge.

To an outsider atleast seems that way.

Are we gonna see the same old approach of using other tribes to weaken enemy tribes or merge has the guts to fight a tribe half its size without using help from its chums and puppies

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you want this war so badly, declare it yourself? We/GloW are ready for a fight :) and I personally am looking forward to some new villages, can't speak for my tribe mates, but, in all honesty your post was kind of rubbish...my eyes are actually burning from reading it all. My apologies to whoevers eyes suffered the same fate as my own.

diehardkz-Baron of GloW

and they noob makes another retarded post man you make it to easy

DeletedUser

Looks like merge using thier chums for pnp and then flaming glow.

Wouldnt be surprised if the first post was written after having consultation with merge.

To an outsider atleast seems that way.

Bah, you caught us!

Don't mind that we recently took on two of their players, one of them a refugee, and we stacked the refugee's villas with 30,000 troops.

He is rocking defender of the day against them as we speak.[spoil]1x Defender of the day You defeated the most units in this world as a defender on on 15.03.2013 (31.825 units)![/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator: