The OBEY/WET/VAPE/Escape Situation, From VAPE's Perspective

• Thread starter DeletedUser121247
  • Start date

DeletedUser121247

It seems that 90% of the people on here are commenting on the OBEY/VAPE vs Escape/WET war without knowing any of the facts. If you disagree with our decision then that's fine, but at least know our reasoning before making your mind up. Here's why we chose Obey-

Past Experiences
As many of you know, TIP (the OG Vape) were part of ‘Tri-Force’ with JEDI and Legion. Tri-Force ended when we were betrayed by JEDI and Legion who were organising an op on us behind our backs in an attempt to start a war. We were obviously reluctant to enter into Tri-Force 2.0, especially when many of the players in Escape and WET were the same people in JEDI and Legion.

It’s not just this world though, rarely can a coalition as large as this one cooperate effectively when there are so many members. Tri-Force 2.0 would have over 130 members between WET, Vape and Escape. How can you coordinate ops with that many players, especially when you factor in the ‘chop and change’ recruitment strategy of WET and Escape, where they have new members all the time and there is no stability?

Tribe Ability
The abilities of WET and Escape were a bit factor in our decision. With WET, their mass recruiting is a big problem. Related to my first point, how are WET going to be able to coordinate with each other if the roster is changing every day? 260 tribe changes between them and their academy is a joke, and the internal issues this causes would then become Vape’s issue too. Many of them are ex-Jedi members, and Jedi collapsed at the first sight of trouble, as most tribes who use this recruitment strategy do. Let’s not forget that several of the biggest WET players recently broke off from WET, saying that over 90% of the membership can’t time an attack correctly and basically saying how bad the members and leadership are. Whilst they came back in the end, it still highlights major internal issues in WET.

With Escape, it's concerning when It Will All Be Mine is complaining about his members and talking his tribe down. If he isn’t confident in his tribe, how can we? Again, too many tribe changes will cause problems down the line. I firmly believe that one of the most important aspects of a tribe is the relationship your members have with each other. Having a tight knit tribe makes your members more willing to risk their troops to help out a fellow tribe mate in need. Whereas when the roster is changing every day, members are reluctant to sacrifice their growth for somebody they've never spoken to.

Diplomatic Relations with WET and Escape
Dealing with WET and Escape diplomatically has been a nightmare. They’ve claimed that we’ve been ignoring their messages and I disagree with this. Often we were pushed into rushing a major decision instead of having time to evaluate our options. We have well over 1000 messages with IWABM on TW mails, along with the shared council forum with WET and the coalition skype chat, I resent the accusation that we were too slow to reply to them.

There’s so many other examples of Escape and WET making diplomacy difficult, but I’ll list them off as I don’t want to be here all day

- We wanted to help WET with the war on Jedi and told them to involve us. They never communicated anything with us, making it impossible to coordinate an op with them. After the war they then began complaining we refused to help them.

- After the JEDI war, we recruited (with permission from WET) a couple of ex-Jedi members and made an agreement not to mass recruit any of them. WET then accused us of breaking the agreement because we recruited those members and then began to mass recruit the Jedi members.

- WET aggressively nobling into our core, an obvious attempt to deliberately cause conflict.

- We received intel that WET was planning a war on us. IWABM was then blaming us for not wanting to resolve our issues with WET. Why would be want to align with a tribe that is planning a war on us? IWABM was constantly blaming and patronising us. If ever we didn’t do what he wanted he would get mad and it made things uncomfortable.

- WET stealing our villages when we had a NAP with them, and then refusing to give them back, using the excuse that they had a leadership change so therefore they didn’t need to give them back. When we raised this issue with them we were instantly shot down by WET and Escape and accused of trying to cause problems, and were made to feel like the unreasonable ones. It often felt like Escape and WET vs VAPE, and raised concerns that we’d get betrayed in the future.

Many have accused us of trying to choose the easy option, which is stupid when you look at the stats that I have summarised below.

J9sanku.jpg

Doesn’t look one sided as everyone is claiming.

I've been arguing quite a bit since this all came out, and that's because it's frustrating when everyone is criticising our decision when they don't actually know much about the situation. If you've read all this and still think I've made the wrong decision, then that's fine, but at least now you can actually have an informed opinion on this topic.

0.2 Percent Nigerian

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think you left off a few key elements that caused tension:
1. Stacking your front against WET.
2. Recruiting ex-jedi members WITHOUT approval that we were attacking. Unless you can prove that statement to be truthful lol
3. Recruiting userwhat? with full intention of using him to provide information to Vape about WET. Which you did receive such information and held it for multiple days and providing it once again during the arguments prior to the war.
4. You having shared forums and planner with Obey while preaching your down with Obey talk constantly.
5. Refusing to give a straightforward answer about anything at all.

You played both sides of the fence, simple as. Own up to it. You knew leadership changed and yet you try and use past experiences with old leadership as reason to not trust the new leadership.

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
f30cc5dba2ea807f49e64ff56bd598cf.png

Seems while the moron was typing this up, he couldn't bother defending his villages.

Yes, I am back sitting again ;(

I want him to know, I don't just call him a bad player with no basis. I am seeing it with my own eyes. Completely garbage...

If the guy claims he knew he was going to side with Obey because we pushed him in that direction, why are all his villages near WET and Escape not stacked already? Another thing a poor leader and player would let happen.

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
You could make posts without being mean all the time. "moron, trash, cry babies". Bad way to representative yourself and your tribe imo.

This clown lied to me, so I have no problem with attacking him personally. If it makes me look bad, so be it. My reputation with this game is already pretty much been decided. I have always been myself and I am not gonna act nice if it isn't genuine. But thanks for the advice.

DeletedUser117534

I think you left off a few key elements that caused tension:
1. Stacking your front against WET.
2. Recruiting ex-jedi members WITHOUT approval that we were attacking. Unless you can prove that statement to be truthful lol
3. Recruiting userwhat? with full intention of using him to provide information to Vape about WET. Which you did receive such information and held it for multiple days and providing it once again during the arguments prior to the war.
4. You having shared forums and planner with Obey while preaching your down with Obey talk constantly.
5. Refusing to give a straightforward answer about anything at all.

You played both sides of the fence, simple as. Own up to it. You knew leadership changed and yet you try and use past experiences with old leadership as reason to not trust the new leadership.

We did not have shared forum for ages and never had a planner. I drafted the NAP a week before we attacked SBAD. I have been hearing from Vape about WET and Escape not communicating well, then Escape even asking VAPE about merge. So things were definitely not ideal. I offered much brighter alternative where at least things were clear and there was trust.

DeletedUser120160

We did not have shared forum for ages and never had a planner. I drafted the NAP a week before we attacked SBAD. I have been hearing from Vape about WET and Escape not communicating well, then Escape even asking VAPE about merge. So things were definitely not ideal. I offered much brighter alternative where at least things were clear and there was trust.

It is very clear - be our lap dog and we eat you afterwards with the slight possibility we will allow up to 3 of your players to join xD

DeletedUser92554

It is very clear - be our lap dog and we eat you afterwards with the slight possibility we will allow up to 3 of your players to join xD

Or, you know, give the duke who allied with them a spot in their tribe at the end and leave everyone else out in the cold. Seen that one happen plenty of times in many worlds.

blckdrgn1

The war just started lol its going to be a long one. We will see what happens at the end. Regardless of which side wins I'm sure the winning allied tribes will put those who fought hardest in the war into one tribe and nothing says the other allies outside of that tribe have to be nolbed. This is a rune world, not dominance. Although, look at world 89. 3 allied tribes winning in dominance setting without turning on each other just cuz the enemies are dead. Shocker right?