120% Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

To be honest this is quite pathetic of a rule. Let me run some numbers for you all:

If the player you want to attack has 5k points: You can only attack if you have 6K points...a 1k point difference
If the player you want to attack has 10k points: You can only attack if you have 12k....a 2k point difference
If the player you want to attack has 15k points: You can only attack if you have 18k...a 3k point difference

I think you see my point here. As you gain 5k points...the amount of points you can noble down only goes up by 1k. The fact that once you noble someone the amount of targets you can attack go down extremely fast. This forces you to noble barbs and takes the fun out of wars and just turns it into barb noblepalooza. Anyone else share these thoughts?

Even a change to the rule to 150%:

5k players can be nobled by 7.5K...a 2.5k point difference
10K players can be nobled by 15K...a 5k point difference
15K players can be nobled by 22.5K...a 7.5k point difference

If a player cant defend against 150% then it is just pathetic...I really wish we could see a change so that I can, and I would have to guess that many others, can have some more noble options to liven up this world a bit!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

that's right i wanna attack someone of 115k when im 140k.....

DeletedUser

Nice troll post, but i will still easily counter it o_O ...obviously when your that big you wont want to you mong, but I am at 17K and the fact that I cant noble an INACTIVE who has 1-3 villages and has a total of 13K points is VERY annoying and hurts my growth

DeletedUser656

The world is designed for casual new players to get to know how to play the game and build up their village. It is not intended to be a competitive world.

DeletedUser

Well the thing is that it has been turned into competitive to a point by some players...150% would still keep casual play for small players, but really kills it for the other part who are playing this semi competitive

DeletedUser

The world is designed for casual new players to get to know how to play the game and build up their village. It is not intended to be a competitive world.

That is what i was going to say. But there is something weird about the rule considering that if you are 96k you can only attack someone with points 115200. But if you are 120k points you can attack someone that is 96k in points. The larger person can attack the smaller target but the smaller target can not attack back. If you catch what i mean. But if you raised the rule to 125% then the smaller target can attack the larger player back. Did you get what i mean?

WBB

DeletedUser105659

But surely there is room for discussion about how well your settings achieve this objective?

IMO, players coming in to the casual world should not have coins transferred in. If the aim is for casual new players to learn, it doesn't help if someone else can START OFF by nobling a cluster of barbs.

Then there are the many, many villages that are just sitting inactive. presumably people who clicked on the 'casual' option out of curiosity when they were nobled elsewhere, have decided it's not for them, and simply gone away without deleting. It would be positively beneficial to these new learners of whom you speak, if inactive villages went barb after, say, 60 days.

I have also posted elsewhere, and attempted to post on the 'questions' forum (got the message that my post would go before moderators before appearing), about having a sticky put up with world rules & settings. Have yet to receive a response.

And frankly, the forum needs a moderator. Several examples are out there, of smaller, less experienced players posting something up, only to be flamed by bigger players. Not the learning environment I'm sure you want to achieve.

And just to remain partially on-topic :) I agree that the 120% margin is too restrictive. Is there a simple solution? Don't know. Off the top of my head, maybe increasing the margin at one end of the scale? (i.e you can't attack anyone 20% smaller than you, but you can attack people 35% larger... who would then have the right to respond) Or margins on inactive villages gradually relax (130% after 10 days inactivity, increasing by 1% daily). Dunno, just thinking aloud there.

I definitely agree with the point made elsewhere, about FA being made available to get people using it. Can only hook people in, and be good for sales.

But above all, lovely Inno people, let's have some dialogue about this! You've got a lot of experienced players here who can help you mould this world into something that's better for all. Not criticising the original concept or set-up, but you now have real experiences to draw upon to make it better.

DeletedUser104661

:icon_rolleyes: like any of you have anymore knowledge on TW then morthy lol, i doubt you have as much knowledge period morthy & all other in game-staff have. they im sure thought over all of this b4 launching the casual world.

this same thing happened with the secret world's people ranting because all they care about is winning & other self benfecial reason's.

blah blah blah, all point's you guy's are making are decent, but think about it why not do all this in l8tr world's? this casual world is to teach & train player's & give the the highest survival odd's without making it against a CPU or non human oppenant, it give's player's these forum's to train & learn with hand's on, something not possible with a CPU as non human combatants dont talk in public forums. that technology is far 2 advanced to even thik of or go into.

so this is how this all came to be, the only reason us experianced player's are allowed to join (experianced meaning past playtime for X amount of timE) & our coin's is to bring our conversation's & wisdom & unique style's like fighting style's or cooking styles etc. & teach them to new player's. were pretty much recruiter's/ Trainer's & sparring partner's.

winning is not important on this world it's how many new player's you bring in & teach.

i like it it's like rasining kid's & teaching them, in the end ur so proud ESPECIALLY when theyre succesful & doing so because of you & you're style,trait's,uniquness & all other human qualities robot's CPU's dont have.

:icon_idea:!!!
get off,lay off & stay off morthy & TW.

DeletedUser104661

150% attack rule 125% attack rule, i bet therell be worlds with all sorts of %'s of attack restriction's, its why they emplied them into the casual world for new & old to train.

they cant just release 1 125% restriction world as theres going to be a ton of players joining because of the new mode. & the TW fan base is ever expanding so i bet it will all have it own category

attack restrictions world's

World 1 (125% rule)
world 2 (200& rule)

& so on, maybe just 1 or 2 worlds as theyre might not be that much players interested or even playing TW in who knows how long it takes to make & test these world b4 releasing them.

so you can kind of see my point here!!!

again

:icon_idea:

Zip-it!

DeletedUser104661

blah blah blah

useful quote im looking 4!
|
\/
And frankly, the forum needs a moderator. Several examples are out there, of smaller, less experienced players posting something up, only to be flamed by bigger players. Not the learning environment I'm sure you want to achieve.

more blah blah & mumbo jumbo

there wasnt suppost to be forums in the 1st place until we figured hey it might teach new players a thing or 2 but its all im sure alot to manage, why dont you just give it time??? :p

DeletedUser105659

blah blah blah.
Gibberish. More gibberish.

Looking for a useful quote here

blah blah blah

Nope. Nothing intelligent yet

yadda yadda yadda

Oh wait, here we ... no, nothing

Gibberish. And all done.

Got a scientist friend to explore the quote for any signs of intelligent life. Came up dry.

DeletedUser

That is what i was going to say. But there is something weird about the rule considering that if you are 96k you can only attack someone with points 115200. But if you are 120k points you can attack someone that is 96k in points. The larger person can attack the smaller target but the smaller target can not attack back. If you catch what i mean. But if you raised the rule to 125% then the smaller target can attack the larger player back. Did you get what i mean?

WBB

I don't think that the higher point guy can attack the smaller one. It seems to be based on the points of the smaller player; so the larger player in the conflict may not be more than 120% of the smaller player's points. So, really, you can't fight people that are between 80% and 120% of your size. It goes up to 120%, but doesn't quite go down to 80%. I think.
Hopefully that makes sense. And hopefully it's right, lol.

damothelegend

You have ALL got it wrong!!!

That is all I have to say!!!

A) There is a point to winning this world
B) There is a reason to point whore
C) There is a reason to grow outside of your church area
D) There is a reason also that EVERY Barb near AngelicDemise should be conquered (That is actually writeen in the rule book and you get double point growth and the points grow faster if you do noble near her. If you don't believe me, why have I grown so fast? Ite because I have a village near every one of her villages. Not sure why Innogames placed that rule there but it definately works for me.
E) There is EXCEPTIONALLY good reason to have 120% rule but only about 4 or 5 players so far have actually figured it out.
F) There is however no valid reason that AngelicDemise or anyone that belongs to a Blood family actually play this world. I think their mere existence is more of an artificial intelligence place here to troll the world and teach the other non-Blood players that derolics/trolls/idiots actually do play and cheats do exist so when you get to a real world you are used to looking out for such noobs. I can not think of any other reason that Blood members would exist and choose to belong to such a pathetic tribe structure if but not to show the world that flaws can and do happen.
G) Wonder how long before Innogames pulls the Blood tribe, I think the most cheats/multi-accounts/noobs I have ever seen all belong to that tribe so obviously their leader encourages these acts.

Anyway back to topic.

Tribe Hunt has worked out the above structure and the benefit(s) of why these setting will work and have listened to and followed the structure as its meant to be followed and will be ready to teach first hand when its time.

DeletedUser101547

Those who find the 80-120 rule to restrictive have just failed to adapt their play style properly. I quite like the setting.

DeletedUser103537

Please no change to rules I am trying to get my 200 nobles in a single village so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.