300 point mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yes as bloodhood said most of those ppl are just point whores. I mean seriously I bet most of them don't even have a solid resource production.

they all have at least decent resources

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would rather have lvl 14 productions leaving n00b protection then 300 points.
points of a starting village = 26
points from 3 * level 14 resources = 192

Now, unless you want to be the best farm in the game, you will need some spears and swordsmen to protect all those resources, so:

points from level 5 HQ = 11
points from barracks = 16
points from smithy = 19

Total points = 264.

Now throw in a market to adapt your resource levels to what youre currently building towards (+10), a level 3 wall (+12), a level 8 warehouse to deal with the resource overflow when you go to sleep (+15), and a few farm upgrades (+5) and your village is over 300 points.

edit: I didnt even add the 24 points for a statue there.

DeletedUser

Also I think you can make a strong argument that its best to delay getting good resources until youve rushed scouts. Having scouts is just so utterly important if you want to want to start farming the larger villages in your area without running the risk of losing your army, and assuming you have a decent number of spearmen, you can probably get more from farming in the first few days after protection than you would from your resource upgrades anyway. I dont think theres any point in building any resource building past level 12 at this stage of the game, with the exception of timber.

Deleted User - 3135

btw i have just seen the building config for one of the players in the top 10 and i can assure you that thats not point whoring, but also if you are only on 200 points you arent really that far behind either,

DeletedUser

I forgot to tell everyone, I am not really cheerios, I am Lord Yujen.

No your probably some random player like:
ufodeamer
Tribe:
» Write message

Villages Coordinates Points
ufodeamers village 507|454 45

(yes i went to a random rank and picked that, but hey i was close)

DeletedUser

:icon_twisted:

I know a few people with a secret name (like king val). There are just two I'm still looking for

DeletedUser

Why? If you want to start farming early then you need a barracks and its nice to have a smithy which, combined with high resource levels, adds a fair bit onto your score.

The only question about the 300 point guy is what sort of army he has. If he didnt bother going for axemen he'll have saved a bit there and will have been able to upgrade his resources an extra few levels to increase his score. Assuming hes got a reasonable amount of spears/swords, I wouldnt call that pointwhoring - whether to get axemen this early is probably just a matter of personal playing style.

Or you could use an alternative technique and not need to farm....

Tarion

I know but I'm doing way better then I've done before :icon_wink:

I ended up restarting (In your continent now actually). So I'm going to be lagging behind for a while. But that's my normal position anyway. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I always wondered how people hit that high so early...

I have two farms next to me, and a considerable quantity of troops. Which probably explains my points being low...:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

500 points is the interesting one. A free premium account at that stage!

Who's gunna be the first to reach it?

All bets being taken.

If you are correct i will write you a short piece of fiction involving your paladin.

If you are wrong I expect you to send me a short piece of fiction involving your paladin......being killed by mine. (mines called chappy for future reference)

DeletedUser

500 may be a bit slower, I assume that most of the top 20 have got their stables with scouts and decent resources now, so can slow down buildings and concentrate on axes/lcav :eek:

DeletedUser

500 may be a bit slower, I assume that most of the top 20 have got their stables with scouts and decent resources now, so can slow down buildings and concentrate on axes/lcav :eek:
Looks like I was wrong, well done Cheerios :)

DeletedUser

wow, that was seriously fast. Dammit why did I have to go to sleep. Now I'm really behind.

DeletedUser

I've no idea what he done, one minute he was on pretty much the same points as everyone else up there then the next he'd jumped over 500. He must have been sleeping and woke up to a full level 10+ warehouse or something :/

Status
Not open for further replies.