academys

DeletedUser

Notice the part that I bolded. That completely invalidates your claim of making sure to have maximum growth. You are nowhere near maximum growth if you are the top OD tribe with zero nobles to your name. Had there been nobles, then the OD would be understandable and completely justified.

Meh, the one who writes in purple (DarkOrchid) beat me to it. By a few minutes too, to add to the pain :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

haha i agree... how convenient...

i also agree with this. no one in my tribe has nobled yet, we're just working on the vills we have and making sure we have maximum growth and strength as a tribe... hence our #1 OD rating ;) rest assured, we're not pt whores lol... of which i have found ridiculous amounts in my 13x13...

you do realise that once you've suicided your offense just to gain your precious OD, then you're left with a nice village and no troops.

Otherwise known as a pointwhore :)

DeletedUser54739

No suiciding offence going on with our guys )

Pick your targets carefully and you can have both, decent OD and minimum troops loss.

DeletedUser

I find most ODA comes from the farms you cleared already. Mine keep building dang sp/sw to try stop me, but my axe soon wipe them away with minimum losses.

DeletedUser

I find most ODA comes from the farms you cleared already. Mine keep building dang sp/sw to try stop me, but my axe soon wipe them away with minimum losses.

That is why cats are useful to minimize losses.

DeletedUser

catapults are useful for balancing out resource usage. they rely heavily on clay which you have plenty of if you;'ve been LC and axe whoring

DeletedUser

loosing around 10-25 axe is no great loss, would rather put the extra res saved from loads of cats into more axe and l/c

In the long run these 10-25 axes make a big difference. They add up to quite a large number.

DeletedUser

loosing around 10-25 axe is no great loss, would rather put the extra res saved from loads of cats into more axe and l/c

Actually, if you set up and farm properly, your barracks/stables should be going 24/7, meaning that your only restraint should be time. Losing 50-120 minutes of queues per day will lead to quite a set back.

DeletedUser

Well yes I know that but i don't always get home in time to start building again... not everyone has them going 24/7. It's my job, traffic ect...

mine are around 23/7 give or take a few. Also you quoted the wrong bit, but i know what you mean.

DeletedUser

It is even worse if you are only running barracks for 23 hours a day...besides, I find that there are plenty of barbs out there to keep farming sufficient enough to keep barracks/stable/workshop/hq running 24/7.

crom

It is even worse if you are only running barracks for 23 hours a day...besides, I find that there are plenty of barbs out there to keep farming sufficient enough to keep barracks/stable/workshop/hq running 24/7.
In your/my position, yes, there definitely are enough.

Unfortunately, I have mock exams next week, and if I screw them up, I get my laptop taken away, so don't have the time to keep my queue's and farming runs going 24/7 :'(

DeletedUser

The first bit made no sense, so it's even worse to run barracks for 23 hours a day over 20 hours say? yes 23 hours is naturally worse than 24 as it's one hour less.

DeletedUser8472

The first bit made no sense, so it's even worse to run barracks for 23 hours a day over 20 hours say? yes 23 hours is naturally worse than 24 as it's one hour less.

He's clearly saying that if you aren't able to keep up the barracks for 24/7 hours then you shouldn't be wasting more troops. Furthermore he provides an example to back this claim...the growing barbs...

DeletedUser

ok, quick Q. would i be considered growing fast if i upgrade my warehouse and farm every day 1 level?