Advice on dry stage

DeletedUser99994

So I've been playing for a while and I've never known quite what to do during the dry farming stage where we're bringing back 1/1/1 Hauls.

In the past I just kept farming and farming even though hardly anything was gained.

Does any one know advice of what to do during this stage? Or does everyone just do what I do and pray that we come back with a lucky haul until BP ends and we can start farming more.

Like, its too dry to start researching axes, so I'm not sure what to do with this dead time.

Thanks.

d4m0

If you're not doind it already, split your troops up tiny
But the obvious way to get more farms is bully your neighbours until they cry and restart :icon_cool:

DeletedUser99994

Yeah right now my farming trips are going 5 sp and 2 axe should they go even smaller then that?

DeletedUser59417

You need to get mines and other resources up.

BP is like 4 days long.

so, you only need to focus on mines and troops for farming.

after bp your militia will save you from attack. build mines up and maybe wall and do quests for troops.
The key thing is to not waste troops on farming runs this early. losing 1 troop for a haul of 70 or 80 resources is not an even trade.

only micro farm with the luck flag. If still no resources use the increased resource flag.

you don't need to research things this early. maybe day three you can resource axe and work to get lc
after your hauling in around 2,000 resources a day then maybe start researching axemen.

axemen help in farming to make sure spears don't die, but your luck flag can help before you get axemen.
You want to get LC pretty fast but you got to have like 10 spear farming runs before you rush LC.

If your farming 10 barbs and bonus villages then make lc and farm 20 plus barbs.
Then you can build up troops and attack a neighbor. To steal resources.

Focus more on troops then the quests and just farm. Remember you need to be able to farm enough to mint a coin and a noble before taking a town.

So don't start on the conquest quest until mines level 20 and farming runs are 100 plus runs. Then use the premium points to quick build hq smithy and academy all in the same day. mint a coin and noble your neighbor.

Its pretty simple.

If you start working on building stables and smithy too soon. You will actually be last person to get nobles. The people that get nobles first are the active farmers and market traders, not building their smithy until they are ready to noble that day.

[spoil]Build
Headquarters (10)
Barracks (5)
Smithy (5)

Then make LC and farm for a few days.

Build this in one day!
Academy (1)
Headquarters (20)
Smithy (20)
Market (10)

Make sure you have enough farm and warehouse space!

Then save all the resources you need to go from basic farming town to academy town in one day. With enough left over resources 80k wood 80k clay and 80k iron for coin and noble you will need 175k space in your warehouse and farm space for all the buildings. At around 800k resources farmed you can noble. maybe more like over a million resources farmed if you want to take a players town. This insures lots of troops for farming and that your not just building a town for someone to noble. if you only farm 100k resources and rush to conquer a town you have a 3k point town with no troops or less then 1,000 troops for farming. maybe get a level 27 farm maxed out before taking a town. [/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

KeegiKolmas

BP is like 4 days long.

after bp your militia will save you from attack. build mines up and maybe wall and do quests for troops.
The key thing is to not waste troops on farming runs this early. losing 1 troop for a haul of 70 or 80 resources is not an even trade.

only micro farm with the luck flag. If still no resources use the increased resource flag.

you don't need to research things this early. maybe day three you can resource axe and work to get lc
after your hauling in around 2,000 resources a day then maybe start researching axemen.

axemen help in farming to make sure spears don't die, but your luck flag can help before you get axemen.
You want to get LC pretty fast but you got to have like 10 spear farming runs before you rush LC.

If your farming 10 barbs and bonus villages then make lc and farm 20 plus barbs.

Focus more on troops then the quests and just farm. Remember you need to be able to farm enough to mint a coin and a noble before taking a town.

So don't start on the conquest quest until mines level 20 and farming runs are 100 plus runs. Then use the premium points to quick build hq smithy and academy all in the same day. mint a coin and noble your neighbor.

Its pretty simple.

If you start working on building stables and smithy too soon. You will actually be last person to get nobles. The people that get nobles first are the active farmers and market traders, not building their smithy until they are ready to noble that day.
i only saw your signature, nothing else :D

DeletedUser99994

thanks for all the replies.

I'm not worrying about researching anything too soon, just worried that there may be a different strategy out there during the dry stage that I haven't been using yet.

I tend to start doing find once the dry stage ends. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing between now and the end of BP.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Farming at this stage is as much about stopping your neighbors from getting res, as it is about the res you're getting. When one person gives up and stops bothering the neighbors get a substantial benefit from them doing so.

My farming is hella bad, it's also spike city, but still not going to stop farming.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is always the hardest part of the game for me. The active farming stage. Getting constant hauls of less than 10 resources is really discouraging and I never seem to get lucky. Add spiking into the equation and it really seems more counterproductive.

So what's the best way? All barbs in your 10x10? 30x 30? Is it worth it to spike villages and lose the troops you could be using to farm?

DeletedUser59417

Spiking a barb might mean you lose troops but it forces other people to quit or restart. losing 30-40 troops is not a big deal.

Still i prefer to just farm and avoid the spikes when i can. I don't spike because you lose time farming troops and even if you make another player lose troops what do you really gain?

if player A spikes and player B losses his troops and player A also loses troops.

Players c through z all come out ahead. in that 30x30 as they don't lose troops in an early battle and they can farm players you cleared. Its often better to let someone else clear farms and munch off the farms other people have already cleared.

stealing farms is better then clearing your own farms.

DeletedUser

My advice on the dry stage is follow the Quest's and keep farming!

d4m0

BP is like 4 days long.

Its pretty simple.

[spoil]Build
Headquarters (10)
Barracks (5)
Smithy (5)

Then make LC and farm for a few days.

Build this in one day!
Academy (1)
Headquarters (20)
Smithy (20)
Market (10)

Make sure you have enough farm and warehouse space!

Then save all the resources you need to go from basic farming town to academy town in one day. With enough left over resources 80k wood 80k clay and 80k iron for coin and noble you will need 175k space in your warehouse and farm space for all the buildings. At around 800k resources farmed you can noble. maybe more like over a million resources farmed if you want to take a players town. This insures lots of troops for farming and that your not just building a town for someone to noble. if you only farm 100k resources and rush to conquer a town you have a 3k point town with no troops or less then 1,000 troops for farming. maybe get a level 27 farm maxed out before taking a town. [/spoil]

I think it's fair to assume that no one who knows what they're doing has read this, because if they had you would already have been slapped down.

Academy rush in one day?

Use the luck flag?!? Why not attack strength?

This is a packet world, not a coin world.

1million resources looted will barely cover the cost of your first thousand lc

Don't make one fucking noble, make three

Mines 20+ a requirement before smithy rushing. Why? Sure some people do that in case they get cleared, partially or otherwise, but it shouldn't be compulsory.

How can you fill farm 27 with troops if you've only looted 800k res, hmm? How can you even AFFORD TO BUILD farm level 27?!?

And how can using p2w be part of any self-respecting guide? That's obviously not an issue here, but it's another error.

"Got to have like ten farming runs before you rush lc" well I'll be kind here and assume you mean ten commands out at once, rather than just achieving plunderer level 1. Unfortunately that means everyone in the world, if they had the misfortune to be following this guide, should be attempting to struggle their way towards lc this instant. Perhaps one of them might have got barracks to level four by now. As soon as you get the quest troops you should have at LEAST ten commands out at once, each one having 2 swords or 2 (or 1) axes in it.

Tl;dr this guide is shit

Last edited:

KeegiKolmas

I think it's fair to assume that no one who knows what they're doing has read this, because if they had you would already have been slapped down.

Academy rush in one day?

Use the luck flag?!? Why not attack strength?

This is a packet world, not a coin world.

1million resources looted will barely cover the cost of your first thousand lc

Don't make one fucking noble, make three

Mines 20+ a requirement before smithy rushing. Why? Sure some people do that in case they get cleared, partially or otherwise, but it shouldn't be compulsory.

How can you fill farm 27 with troops if you've only looted 800k res, hmm? How can you even AFFORD TO BUILD farm level 27?!?

And how can using p2w be part of any self-respecting guide? That's obviously not an issue here, but it's another error.

"Got to have like ten farming runs before you rush lc" well I'll be kind here and assume you mean ten commands out at once, rather than just achieving plunderer level 1. Unfortunately that means everyone in the world, if they had the misfortune to be following this guide, should be attempting to struggle their way towards lc this instant. Perhaps one of them might have got barracks to level four by now. As soon as you get the quest troops you should have at LEAST ten commands out at once, each one having 2 swords or 2 axes in it.

Tl;dr this guide is shit

You sum-d it up pretty well. GJ. and second on the last statement :)

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

The luck flag is the worst flag in the entire game.

knightbrad said:

2,000 resources a day?

You should haul more than 2,000 resources day 1, even in a horribly bad area.

knightbrad said:

Here's an idea, swords. not luck flag, swords.

Stick to the resources flag, no other flag comes close in usefulness at this stage.

knightbrad said:

10? I had 12 farm runs out at all times before even finishing the las troop related quest, you should have more like 30+ farm runs before thinking of lc.

knightbrad said:

This is completely stupid. You do not ODA whore to farm properly.

knightbrad said:

focusing on the quests sounds like much simpler, and better, advice than anything you've posted.

knightbrad said:
Then use the premium points to quick build hq smithy and academy all in the same day. mint a coin and noble your neighbor.

I really hope you're trolling, in fact I hope this whole post was you trolling, otherwise I'm about to officially brand you the posterboy of "What not to do.".

knightbrad said:
Then save all the resources you need to go from basic farming town to academy town in one day. With enough left over resources 80k wood 80k clay and 80k iron for coin and noble you will need 175k space in your warehouse and farm space for all the buildings. At around 800k resources farmed you can noble. maybe more like over a million resources farmed if you want to take a players town. This insures lots of troops for farming and that your not just building a town for someone to noble. if you only farm 100k resources and rush to conquer a town you have a 3k point town with no troops or less then 1,000 troops for farming. maybe get a level 27 farm maxed out before taking a town.

Your numbers are so far off t's kind of comical.

I usually have between a 26 and 28 farm when nobling, that equates to roughly 5.5 to 6 million res hauled.

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the luck flag being the worst. At this stage in the game you're better off using a higher percentage of resources flag. Perhaps the haul flag would be better but only if you are getting full hauls from your farming runs every time.

DeletedUser109098

i lost most my troops 4m spikes and now im skrewed
3 barbs popped up AFTER i lost all my troops -.-