Advice on dry stage

DeletedUser

You need to get mines and other resources up.

BP is like 4 days long.

so, you only need to focus on mines and troops for farming.

after bp your militia will save you from attack. build mines up and maybe wall and do quests for troops.
The key thing is to not waste troops on farming runs this early. losing 1 troop for a haul of 70 or 80 resources is not an even trade.

only micro farm with the luck flag. If still no resources use the increased resource flag.

you don't need to research things this early. maybe day three you can resource axe and work to get lc
after your hauling in around 2,000 resources a day then maybe start researching axemen.

axemen help in farming to make sure spears don't die, but your luck flag can help before you get axemen.
You want to get LC pretty fast but you got to have like 10 spear farming runs before you rush LC.

If your farming 10 barbs and bonus villages then make lc and farm 20 plus barbs.
Then you can build up troops and attack a neighbor. To steal resources.

Focus more on troops then the quests and just farm. Remember you need to be able to farm enough to mint a coin and a noble before taking a town.

So don't start on the conquest quest until mines level 20 and farming runs are 100 plus runs. Then use the premium points to quick build hq smithy and academy all in the same day. mint a coin and noble your neighbor.

Its pretty simple.

If you start working on building stables and smithy too soon. You will actually be last person to get nobles. The people that get nobles first are the active farmers and market traders, not building their smithy until they are ready to noble that day.

[spoil]Build
Headquarters (10)
Barracks (5)
Smithy (5)

Then make LC and farm for a few days.

Build this in one day!
Academy (1)
Headquarters (20)
Smithy (20)
Market (10)

Make sure you have enough farm and warehouse space!

Then save all the resources you need to go from basic farming town to academy town in one day. With enough left over resources 80k wood 80k clay and 80k iron for coin and noble you will need 175k space in your warehouse and farm space for all the buildings. At around 800k resources farmed you can noble. maybe more like over a million resources farmed if you want to take a players town. This insures lots of troops for farming and that your not just building a town for someone to noble. if you only farm 100k resources and rush to conquer a town you have a 3k point town with no troops or less then 1,000 troops for farming. maybe get a level 27 farm maxed out before taking a town. [/spoil]

There are numerous things wrong with your "guide". Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. The wall isn't a necessity until after beginner's protection; even then it's not too important just yet as players will still be wary of any losses to their army at this point in time. Like Nauz pointed out already, the flag that should be used during the early stages of a world is the resource production flag. You'll want to produce as much resources as you can, and use every single one in an efficient way so that you get the most out of it. Depending on your location and situation (number of farms, distance to farms, loot), you will need to make the decision as to whether you upgrade your mines significantly higher than the average player would usually have or whether you recruit more troops to farm with. Both these methods are ways of earning resources, and whichever one benefits a player more should be used.
Farming parties should generally consist of a small number of spears and swords during BP - players should microfarm rather than direct their entire army to one village. Light cavalry rushing has its advantages but it also has its disadvantages too, depending on the situation. Researching and recruiting light cavalry is very costly; if leaving BP means that you will only have a small quantity of light cavalry and barely any resources, there is little point in going along with this method. Recruiting a greater number of spearfighters and swordsmen would be far more beneficial in terms of farming and even for defensive purposes after BP has expired.
Your guide only portrays what may happen to a very lucky player, given the circumstances i.e. nobody else is actively farming, hauls are always good, villages are never spiked. You should always consider what may happen from a negative perspective and be very open-minded, which helps one to be more prepared in difficult situations.
I think it's also relevant that I remind you that this world is not a coin world, since you appear to think it is. Balance is the key - every action that you do has a crucial effect on something else, whether it is positive or negative.

DeletedUser

Resource flag FTW (highfive)

The last farming world I played, we were literally surrounded by a moat of grass and trees with our closest barb being an hour or more away. It was the worst area I have been in by far. We farmed solely with quest troops and built 15/15/15 mines before even building a stable. We came out of bp in the top 5, and pretty much remained in the top 20. We would have been 3rd to 10k if not for a lazy noble (story of my life), and I think we were one of the top 5 players to reach 1 million hauled.

So, from a bone dry start with almost no farming opportunity, we were able to overcome and build a nice account. As Nauz said, its not just about your own farming, but getting the resources so your neighbors can't. We never cleared a single inactive player, and had no ODA until we nobled.

DeletedUser

There are numerous things wrong with your "guide". Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. The wall isn't a necessity until after beginner's protection; even then it's not too important just yet as players will still be wary of any losses to their army at this point in time. Like Nauz pointed out already, the flag that should be used during the early stages of a world is the resource production flag. You'll want to produce as much resources as you can, and use every single one in an efficient way so that you get the most out of it. Depending on your location and situation (number of farms, distance to farms, loot), you will need to make the decision as to whether you upgrade your mines significantly higher than the average player would usually have or whether you recruit more troops to farm with. Both these methods are ways of earning resources, and whichever one benefits a player more should be used.
Farming parties should generally consist of a small number of spears and swords during BP - players should microfarm rather than direct their entire army to one village. Light cavalry rushing has its advantages but it also has its disadvantages too, depending on the situation. Researching and recruiting light cavalry is very costly; if leaving BP means that you will only have a small quantity of light cavalry and barely any resources, there is little point in going along with this method. Recruiting a greater number of spearfighters and swordsmen would be far more beneficial in terms of farming and even for defensive purposes after BP has expired.
Your guide only portrays what may happen to a very lucky player, given the circumstances i.e. nobody else is actively farming, hauls are always good, villages are never spiked. You should always consider what may happen from a negative perspective and be very open-minded, which helps one to be more prepared in difficult situations.
I think it's also relevant that I remind you that this world is not a coin world, since you appear to think it is. Balance is the key - every action that you do has a crucial effect on something else, whether it is positive or negative.

Thank you. I was using the wrong flag for farming. Pretty annoying. Applying the luck flag <3