An Announcement Like No Other.

homcgra1

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am homcgra1. Duke of U N M. It is a pleasure to be playing on this world with you all.

I have come here today to make a public statement. This will be a relatively long read, for which I apologize (the first of several apologies in this post in fact).

I came to W59, at the request of what used to be the =X council. They understood that it was time for them to step down, and to bring in a new leader or look in to other options, all of which appear to have been well publicised on these forums over the past several days. For a new leadership, they came to me. And, after looking in to the situation and seeing a tribe with potential. A tribe with skill. A tribe with integrity. And so, I took on the challenge of joining W59, a little late granted, and taking over the leadership in what was =X. At the below point in time, the role of duke changed hands.

leaderchange.png

As people so quickly realized, a name change happened almost the moment I joined the tribe. There was a reason for doing so. Upon joining =X, I was appointed duke, and the then duke stepped down from the role. To mark the start of something new, something fresh, I made the decision to change the tribe name and tag. Currently to U N M - Under New Management. This may change again in the near future, but the intent of change is still the same.

The barons of the tribe, have officially stepped down during the course of the past few hours. As can be seen below.

steppingdown.png

Now, my first act as duke of what I see as a fresh start for these players, was to change the name and look, and the manner of leadership. The leadership of U N M, is now as follows.

newleader.png

My second act as duke, is an apology.

I am here to apologize, on behalf of the entirety of what was once =X, for the every wrong that has been committed relating to this world. Some of which can be seen on this forum, and has been of high public viewing. I make no action to defend the player(s) involved in this. I am merely going to apologize on their behalf, for any offense caused from their actions.

I have personally spoken to those involved within U N M, to ensure that this type of incident will not occur again. It is unpleasant, unnecessary and achieves nothing, from my point of view. They will not however be coming to post themselves relating to the topic I am apologizing for. Why? Because no matter what is posted, it will immediately cause a probable return to flaming, which is not something I or many others here are particularly interested in reading. There were calls for the player involved to come on to the forums and "explain his actions". The only purpose this could serve is to start up another unnecessary flamefest, and so this will not be happening. I apologize again, if this upsets anybody. This apology, from the now duke of the tribe that this is revolving around, I hope will be sufficient.

I will take a moment now to address the following rumour: is Anthills quitting W59?

I will say this, and I will say this once. This is not the case. The rumor is unfounded, based upon a single quote that suggests there is a possibility for this to occur. When being asked to lead =X, it was asked what should be done about this. I had two options. One option was to take up the offer of Anthills leaving, for the "good of the tribe". The other was to keep a quality player in the tribe, whom is able to claim responsibility for a large portion of the success of this tribe to date. I have given a heartfelt apology. I hope that this apology, marked with the stepping down of the previous leadership in =X from their previous roles within the tribe, will open up the eyes of the sceptics:

I have come to lead this group of players to the best success I can help them achieve. I have no intention of doing anything other than such. Changes have already happened. They will continue to happen. The same players for the most part, yes. But with a new leader at the helm. This is a fresh start.

I will not be running from the past of the tribe I have inherited. I intend to move on from it.

Thank you for your time.

~homcgra1~

Last edited:

DeletedUser96310

Well said Goog's

Best of Luck to you and the U N M

I have but one question, is the current war continuing?

~Bee

homcgra1

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I have but one question, is the current war continuing?

The following mail will answer that nicely - it is the full extract of conversation. It was sent to The Kilted Saint of PITA.
[spoil]
homcgra1 on 10.01. at 17:40
Hi there.

As I am sure you will be aware by now, what used to be =X, now U N M, is under new leadership, that being myself.

I am known as Googly. I have some history of playing this game, both as a player and a leader. I will not go in to details here unless asked, as this is a new world and past achievements have little relevance.

Our tribes, PITA and U N M, are in conflict. I have no intention to ask for a ceasefire from you. You may be wondering therefore why I am mailing you now. The answer is simple: common courtesy. I respect any adversary who deserves respect to be given. It is a pleasure to meet you, and I hope that you, like myself and the tribe I now represent, enjoy the war that is before us.

Kind regards,

~Googly~
[/spoil]

Rvglos

TBH Googly, I have also heard of anthills plans to quit and lead on w61. I dont wish to strart any convo regarding this. As for your change in leadership and the PNP regarding it. Well done, you have shown yourself to be respectful, intellegent and good at communication. If your tribe had a leader of these qualities from the beginning things would be very different for all three tribes concerned.

The future? - Interesting regarding the mail to PITA, I wonder was KP shown the same level of respect?

I ask this because you state in your mail you say "The answer is simple: common courtesy. I respect any adversary who deserves respect to be given". I hope that this mail was indeed sent to KP as well.

If it was not, then one possibility could be that you are trying to engineer a ceasefire with PITA and then a turning towards KP?

I am not saying this IS the case, but if I was in your current position, knowing the amount of troops you have left in K63, it is the route i may have considered if I was incharge of a tribe.

+1 on a good thread and wish you all the best for the future.

DeletedUser

You hug pita on the externals, but mail KP for a ceasefire. New leader, same mind games.... who are you gonna appoint next as DUKE? George Bush!

bush_worstdisaster.jpg

DeletedUser

Good luck with that. I hope the best for your, but fear the worst.
Just becourse of a new leader, I don't see any reason for KP and PITA to stop the attacks. Actually this might be the perfect reason to keep the attacks, since your weak now.

But I guess time will tell what really happens.

velibor

Came from world 39 since its going to a close :D =x may actually have a chance here if you're bringing the remainder of world 39 here with you.......if you are ...hi joker ;)

DeletedUser

Nice to see someone on the forums show some humility.

Good luck Googly

DeletedUser

Hello Googly,

Welcome to W59.

I am a member of -KP-, one of at least 2 tribes that yours is currently in conflict with.

I do not believe that we've exchanged words, nobles or anything for that matter ever before. So this post is my "first impression" of you.

I respect your decision to come here and post the apology, I respect the shear amount of guts it took to take over the reins and try and help out and I respect that you realize that you and your new tribe are in serious hot-water.

However,

I have not seen an email sent to -KP- similar to the one you sent PITA and in my mind, at least, this shows a certain disrespect. My apologies if this is not correct, but as of the time of writing.. I have yet to see one.

It is my opinion that no amount of Apologies, Emails, name-changes or changes in leadership will prevent your tribe's destruction... the only thing that it may change is the perception that the community has of your tribe (and of you). This is not a bad thing certainly, but I doubt your presence in the old =X will stop the attacks. Us penguins are like sharks.. blood is in the water and we're on a feeding frenzy.

All the best to you and your newly inherited tribe.

Sincerely,

Cain4439

Disclaimer: the above comments do not necessarily represent those of -KP-, it's members or it's affiliates. This is not an official statement, but merely my own personal commentary.

homcgra1

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The future? - Interesting regarding the mail to PITA, I wonder was KP shown the same level of respect?

I ask this because you state in your mail you say "The answer is simple: common courtesy. I respect any adversary who deserves respect to be given". I hope that this mail was indeed sent to KP as well.

You can ask the diplomat of -KP- directly if you so choose to do so. They did not receive the same mail as I write a specific mail for each person I communicate with as a general rule, but they were treated with the exact same respect.

However,

I have not seen an email sent to -KP- similar to the one you sent PITA and in my mind, at least, this shows a certain disrespect. My apologies if this is not correct, but as of the time of writing.. I have yet to see one.

My above comment also perfectly covers this question, I do believe. I hope my answer is satisfactory.

Came from world 39 since its going to a close :D =x may actually have a chance here if you're bringing the remainder of world 39 here with you.......if you are ...hi joker ;)

If you wish to inquire in to W39 related matters, including the topic of The Joker, contact me on skype or via forum mail. This is not the right place to discuss such matters.

Last edited:

Rvglos

You can ask the diplomat of -KP- directly if you so choose to do so. They did not receive the same mail as I write a specific mail for each person I communicate with as a general rule, but they were treated with the exact same respect.

I have done and had lets say an interesting reply...... I will leave it there for now.

I think its a real shame that this world does not have a Blogger, it would be facinating to get an unbiased view from the war dukes involved in the penguin verses =x (UNM) war... (4 dukes including anthills)

Your manners and respect will go some way to recovering the image and rep your tribe lost under previous management. I am not sure if it will be enough to save it in the long run, but I have respect for you for trying.

I can see you have a natural ability for PNP. This will be an interesting development in the war....

DeletedUser

Good post, respectable one. But the damage has been done. I say goodluck. You will need it.