An open letter to Hatred

DeletedUser

An open letter to HATRED.
On Sept 27, a diplomatic incident ocurred between your tribe and the Holy Order of Truth that shook our relationship. Upon further investigation, we had found that one of our tribes; HOT|NW had listed HATRED as an enemy. In fact, we found no less than 8 tribes listed as enemies of HOT. We are continuing our investigation, but we believe this to be either an act of sabotage or an incomprehensibly gross act of incompetence. Even as I write this, we are contacting our dukes in HOT|NW and directing them to demote all barons immediately.

You were right about one of the HOT tribes listing you as an enemy. This unfortunate incident was both premature and very regrettable. This was apparently done by an ex-baron of HOT|NW. If we ever do find the culprit, his or her villages will be reduced to rock gardens. The diplomatic situation has been corrected and HOT hopes that this will in no way affect future relations between our tribes.

We offer no excuses, no justifications, no explanations. HOT apologises for this diplomatic incident and it is our sincere hope that nobody suffered any physical damage as a result.

Best Regards
The Holy Order of Truth
:swordsman:
:villagers:

DeletedUser

Thanks HoT, for a quick response with this letter. I would be interested to know who the ex-baron is - maybe we can help level his villages ;)

I'm sure this incident in itself will have no affect on our tribes' relationship.

DeletedUser1151

Now i'm a little confused here. We, at Hot, joined FTR, and hatred joined ptt. wouldn't that make us enemies? So then wasn't the person doing the right thing, or was he? Hm. questions. So where was the mistake made, Lord Evil, since you seem to be in charge.

DeletedUser1122

Now i'm a little confused here. We, at Hot, joined FTR, and hatred joined ptt. wouldn't that make us enemies? So then wasn't the person doing the right thing, or was he? Hm. questions. So where was the mistake made, Lord Evil, since you seem to be in charge.

I would guess this to be an internal issue. I wouldn't have taken it to the main forum.

DeletedUser1151

hey i didn't take it here. lord evil did. i'm just asking him whats going on.

DeletedUser1151

i dunno, but it does seem strange. I recieved no word about this.

DeletedUser

The HOT leadership considers the seriousness of this diplomatic incident sufficient to merit a public apology. Despite the reasons you have stated, we are not at war with Hatred at this time. And even if war was to break out between the two tribes later on, this incident should have no relevance to it. We are at peace with Hatred right now. And that is why it was so wrong to list them as an enemy.

To better serve our alliance with FTR without having a conflict of interests, we have rescinded our NAP with Hatred, but the lack of a NAP does not mean war. IF that were the case, then HOT (and indeed, all tribes) woud be in perpetual war with all the hundreds of lesser tribes with whom we have not signed a NAP. The premise that the lack of a nap is a war is illogical.

Our motivations are to preserve our integrity. Alliances are stronger bonds than Non Agression Pacts. So when the two represent a conflict of interest, one must be dropped. But that does not mean war. It means what it means - a NAP is rescinded - no official relations. The mistake is in reading more into it than that.

Also, I am not the one 'in charge'. I am the one tasked to post this statement. You mistake Hermes for Zeus. Yes, I formulated the message. But my authority to do so came from above. I happen to be the right person in the right place at the right time to do accomplish this task and to answer your questions. Nothing more.

At the moment, communications within our tribe's leadership is fairly good. The problem is with individuals who do not follow our forum and ignore our IRC then make public statements that they know nothing about what's going on.

:swordsman:
:villagers:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1185

Problem is ever hear of the saying shoot the messenger who brings bad news? :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Pardon me, is that Quote For Edit?

Yes I edited it to respond to one extra matter.

Never mind, I was able to find the meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukie

Lol, I can't say that this is what I was hoping (or expecting) to see.

DeletedUser1151

espically since

Krahl

Join Date: 2006,September 24th #138 2006,September 24th, 10:01 Top
Greetings,

Effective immediately, the Holy Order of Truth officially declares its support for our allies and friends, the members of tribe FTR.

While we have every intention of maintaining each of our alliances and NAPs, we will most definitely support and battle alongside those allies who have always done so for us and upon whom treacherous and ill-intended attacks are brought.

If there are any questions regarding our status, please feel free to contact either myself, Cydette or our Supreme Commander, Celia50138, in game.

For the Holy Order of Truth,

-Krahl
Duke of HOT|NE

DeletedUser

Greetings,

This situation has absolutely no bearing on the bigger issue that we have asked Hatred to end hostilities against our friends and allies, FTR.

That an idiotic baron in one tribal wing of HOT took it upon himself to declare war on half of the top 20 tribes in the game and changed the diplomacy to reflect his penchant for suicide does not mean that HOT agrees with him.

In fact, once it is determined who did this, they will be dealt with in a manner fitting their crime.

So the bottom line is simply thus....

While the situation has been blown out of proportion (from both sides), yet we do apologize for having a baron who obviously has mental issues. It's not the first time someone in the game has done something stupid and surely will not be the last.

Do not mistake this error as a statement of war or a declaration that we will not go to war. It is neither. Nor is it anything other than what has been stated - there are no underlying meanings. It is merely a public apology for an idiotic act of one person who we mistakenly trusted.

-Krahl

DeletedUser

Hey, I feel special.. being quoted in the forums!

Vigrade, whatever is your point? This statement does not mean HOT is AT WAR nor is it confusing. While HOT may indeed soon be at war with forces opposed to our allies, a statement that we will support our allies is not a declaration of war.

As clearly stated, you may contact myself or another member of the leadership team for further information.

-Krahl

espically since

Krahl

Join Date: 2006,September 24th #138 2006,September 24th, 10:01 Top
Greetings,

Effective immediately, the Holy Order of Truth officially declares its support for our allies and friends, the members of tribe FTR.

While we have every intention of maintaining each of our alliances and NAPs, we will most definitely support and battle alongside those allies who have always done so for us and upon whom treacherous and ill-intended attacks are brought.

If there are any questions regarding our status, please feel free to contact either myself, Cydette or our Supreme Commander, Celia50138, in game.

For the Holy Order of Truth,

-Krahl
Duke of HOT|NE

DeletedUser

Vigrade,

I am aware that, as a very new member of HOT, you are not privvy to the inner planning of our group. However, to assume that we are at open war without having been told as much by your leadership seems a bit obtuse.

There is more going on than "cops and robbers out back of the house" and just because you are not part of the diplomacy doesn't make it ok to be a smartalec or to make assumptions without fact - especially in a public forum.

-Krahl