Anime Suggestion Thread

darkaniken2

Alright, here are some suggestions.

Clannad + afterstroy
Kanon 2006
Air

^All made by Key. All fairly depressing. Note there are two Kanons. I recommend 2006, not 2002.

Ano hi mita hana no namae o bokutachi wa mada shiranai <-- Made me really, really sad. Like... clannad sad.
Code Geass + R2
Gundam 00 + second season
Elfen Lied
Myself;Yourseld (be careful with this one. It's not what it appears)
Angel Beats
Bakuman
Gosick
Toradora!
Drrr!! (aka Durarara!!).

DeletedUser

bakuman and gosick are ones i forgot to liste. Bakuman especially was good.

darkaniken2

I dunno. I personally liked the bakuman anime quite a bit.

DeletedUser

I'm not an avid fan of animes, and mangas for these matters, but i have still my list (all old schools, so bare with me):

HunterXHunter

Yu yu Hakusho

Flame of Recca

Dragon Ball Z/GT

And for new one: Code Geass

DeletedUser

I recently started SKET Dance, and its great! Highly recomand it!:)

DeletedUser

*Updated my list as well as added changes to others*

Also, if you have any questions about the anime listed, feel free to ask. Either I or someone else will be able to respond and hopefully answer your question >:3

nindel

Haven't seen this listed yet so;

Anime:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Oh, and CLAMP series.... so,

Tsubasa Resovoir Chronicles
xxxholic
Chobits
(Card Captor Sakura, for the younger viewers)

Manga:
xxxholic (For those into the CLAMP universe, numerous other CLAMP references)
Peace Maker (Brilliant manga about western gun-fighters/duelists (real duelists...). Highly recommend)
TAL (New Korean manga, promising start)
S.I.D (New Korean manga, VERY promising start)
Sidooh (Storyline isn't as... powerful. But still an interesting read)
Gekka Bijin (Very newly translated manga. Fantastic storyline. Definitely recommend this, without a doubt. If you can translate J-E, I'd even beg you to get on board and start translating this!)
Back to the Jack (1 Chapter out, but something worth keeping an eye for in the future)
Shut Hell (Great historical manga, infrequently released but superb storyline and art)
Zetman (One of those Long-running mangas, not quite in the league of Gantz and co. but definitely up there. Seinen. Worth reading)
Variante (Beautiful manga, a great shame it got cut short and ended early, it was so very promising.)

Will rack my brain a bit more some time else, I don't keep these things down so I have to recall from memory. As such I'm literally jotting down whatever I randomly remember reading, and hopefully give accurate (short) description/reviews.

Also, add this to the manga list:

Claymore (A must read. Updated Monthly, slightly mature (I'm sure we can all stand a bit of blood :3). Fantastic art)

nindel

Trying not to post anything which has been previously suggested.

Just felt that if someone else has suggested something, I shouldn't waste space suggesting it again. Hope that's fine with Jubei :s

darkaniken2

nindel, you don't have MAL? You should. Seriously. Then I can add you as a friend and stalk it every few weeks for new stuff to watch/read. :D

nindel

nindel, you don't have MAL? You should. Seriously. Then I can add you as a friend and stalk it every few weeks for new stuff to watch/read. :D

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS I haven't gotten around to doing so. (jking :33)

Will probably do some day, I think :<

DeletedUser

I decided to make one @_@ my eyes are beginning to hurt with the adding process...I have over a 100 so far...

darkaniken2

I decided to make one @_@ my eyes are beginning to hurt with the adding process...I have over a 100 so far...
It's why I did mine over a few days, as I remembered them. :D

Also, I'm curious to see your full list. :3

DeletedUser

It's why I did mine over a few days, as I remembered them. :D

Also, I'm curious to see your full list. :3

My full list may take a bit. I'm going to have to do an A-Z search on Manga/Anime in order to recollect all the titles that I have seen lol Also, two of my Manwha's so far have not be added to the database: Noblesse and KissWood. I went and requested both so hopefully an admin will add them soon so I can add them to my list :D

Also, does the anime and manga list have to be separate links?

darkaniken2

Just link us to your profile and we can view the manga and anime lists from there. :3