BD vs. Phoenx

DeletedUser34353

I'm confident that this respect is mutual.
BD has no respect for your tribe... I know you can see that, you just fear what will happen if you stop showing respect to them. BD have walked all over Phoenx these last few months, and had it been any other tribe you would have declared already. I'm sure the Phoenx dukes have discussed it, been discussing it for quite some time, but know they will be doomed if they start a war with BD. That's why they will continue to let BD do whatever they want and you won't hear anything except "we have respect for each other".

Let me tell you. Recruiting Templarz and Vladivar straight out of Phoenx is not a sign of respect. Recruiting ex-[CRY] members and blocking your eastern expansion is not a sign of respect. Eating your inactive players vills without your permission is not a sign of respect.

This respect you speak of is fake, only it's necessary for Phoenx to project at the moment until they're more prepared for war.

cececole

Finally some life on the pnp plus a mystery poster. I was afraid everyone had gone to W47 and were too obessessed with farming to pay attention to W30.

Gicusan

Pheonx does not have all the respect in the world. But Pheonx has the amount of respect we think it is deserved. We respect the way they play the game (as a tribe). We respect they have the fight in them. We respect the skill here and there in Pheonx tribe. We respect their forum presence (less the Pajuno most of the time) and the work they put into the blog. We don't respect Pajuno P&P, we don't respect the amount of time they needed to kill Die family, we don't respect their mini mergers without proper interviewing. We also respect the good relations we had (and we still have despite recent border tension). We respect them for the common dislike and fight we have towards that south-eastern swamp. We did not respect Ham, we did not respect Boo or Erevos, we do not respect Decide or TWC. But we respect DN and Pheonx for what they are worth.

As for the recruits, we never came and ask them "will you join my tribe?". Those people wanted to be here and they have passed hard and weeks-months time interviews for it. Templarz got BD vote before he joined Pheonx but he did it because he cared about his tribemates.

This being told, make no mistake, when the time will come, we will kill them with a smile on our face. However, despite being sure of the outcome, I am not sure at all that it will be easy. That part remains to be seen and fought in the, most probably, near future.

Last edited:

Gicusan

an obsession? It looks more like logic to me. What tribe has the most to gain from bd and phoenx warring? Hmmmm

bd? TWC has no skill and mind and cohesion to take advantage of the war that is building. Besides, who said that all BD has Pheonx borders? Some are near TWC (I just got some 25+ villas near them yesterday for example) and will feed on TWC.

about the "obsession" itself. how can I say, I like to pint fingers in Shipley and Crasula direction. They are actually funny despite not laughing much. some noobs/"kids" that want to play with the big and cool kids. They love and hate us, they will get beaten and still be happy they are playing with us.

Last edited:

xinryr

An obsession? It looks more like logic to me. What tribe has the most to gain from BD and Phoenx warring? hmmmm

LoEN...nads...whatever's left of die...whatever BD's eating this week...maybe even decide. It's atraeus! That's exactly it. The ex-dn inside BD are just atraeus's spies. He's planning to take over the whole world.

Michael Wittman

hey can anyone tell me the definition of arrogant? lol i am positive i have fought players just as good as you

DeletedUser34353

Pheonx does not have all the respect in the world. But Pheonx has the amount of respect we think it is deserved. We respect the way they play the game (as a tribe). We respect they have the fight in them. We respect the skill here and there in Pheonx tribe. We respect their forum presence (less the Pajuno most of the time) and the work they put into the blog. We don't respect Pajuno P&P, we don't respect the amount of time they needed to kill Die family, we don't respect their mini mergers without proper interviewing. We also respect the good relations we had (and we still have despite recent border tension). We respect them for the common dislike and fight we have towards that south-eastern swamp. We did not respect Ham, we did not respect Boo or Erevos, we do not respect Decide or TWC. But we respect DN and Pheonx for what they are worth.

As for the recruits, we never came and ask them "will you join my tribe?". Those people wanted to be here and they have passed hard and weeks-months time interviews for it. Templarz got BD vote before he joined Pheonx but he did it because he cared about his tribemates.

This being told, make no mistake, when the time will come, we will kill them with a smile on our face. However, despite being sure of the outcome, I am not sure at all that it will be easy. That part remains to be seen and fought in the, most probably, near future.

Even [DN] wasn't that great... That war was totally overrated. [DN] lasted a little over 2 months in a war they started, and then gave up after BD capped maybe 200 vills? That's weak sauce. I do agree there was a lot of skill involved, but the internal instability of [DN] caused them to be easier to defeat then most tribes.

If Phoenx are actually willing to stick it out and fight, I would have to say they're a better tribe then [DN]. They'll still lose, but at least people will respect them for it.

Although, reading in-between the lines on Gicusans post, it sounds like this fake respect might be going both ways slightly. Perhaps BD need Phoenx on their side a bit longer to take out RAM?

Here's an interesting situation...
BD - Phoenx - RAM

The southern love triangle.
It's a giant Cold War because nobody is sure of who is fighting on what side. BD and Phoenx both are hostile towards RAM, at least on the world forums. BD is hostile to Phoenx in-game, while patting them on the back in public. To me at least, it seems like the future of the southern half of W30 hinges on how these relations play out and who has the best diplomatic skill set. If you play your cards wrong, it can turn into a 2vs1 and none of these tribes can handle that.

xinryr

Even [DN] wasn't that great... That war was totally overrated. [DN] lasted a little over 2 months in a war they started, and then gave up after BD capped maybe 200 vills? That's weak sauce. I do agree there was a lot of skill involved, but the internal instability of [DN] caused them to be easier to defeat then most tribes.

If Phoenx are actually willing to stick it out and fight, I would have to say they're a better tribe then [DN]. They'll still lose, but at least people will respect them for it.

Although, reading in-between the lines on Gicusans post, it sounds like this fake respect might be going both ways slightly. Perhaps BD need Phoenx on their side a bit longer to take out RAM?

Here's an interesting situation...
BD - Phoenx - RAM

The southern love triangle.
It's a giant Cold War because nobody is sure of who is fighting on what side. BD and Phoenx both are hostile towards RAM, at least on the world forums. BD is hostile to Phoenx in-game, while patting them on the back in public. To me at least, it seems like the future of the southern half of W30 hinges on how these relations play out and who has the best diplomatic skill set. If you play your cards wrong, it can turn into a 2vs1 and none of these tribes can handle that.

Whoever this kid is, he's making these forums worth reading again :)

Gicusan

it is a love triangle and will turn into a 1 vs 1 vs 1. Current BD can handle both sides and Decide on top of things. we don't have to win in 1 week, you know? we also dont have to push on all fronts at the same time.

xinryr

it is a love triangle and will turn into a 1 vs 1 vs 1. Current BD can handle both sides and Decide on top of things. we don't have to win in 1 week, you know? we also dont have to push on all fronts at the same time.

Made sense until you mentioned decide o_O

Declare! I'd like to see a war here! I might even play this world seriously again if it gave me an excuse to argue with people :icon_redface:

DeletedUser34353

As I said in my first post, I look forward to an official declaration. Whether it be BD vs. Phoenx, or this 1 vs 1 vs 1 love triangle.

Can BD handle both? That remains to be seen. You seem confident, but considering the easy nature of your wars so far in this world you would have no reason not to be.

Gicusan

easy nature of our wars? that is not true at all. we made them look easy on the outside. we made them easier by playing smart and building a good team. but many were not easy at all. k, Ham was easy. BD does not declare. As for decide, 4 of our players are advancing from their s-w. no war but expansion. however, they had many better weeks than THE caps wise.

Don't expect a declaration from us. We don't do that. People think we kill tribes. not true, we expand our territories. Tribes die from internal reasons. many times you will see us trying our best to keep enemy morale high so we have some fun. Growing and helping your enemies is more important than growing your allies in this game. it was proved many times the the tribe that goes for lots of diplomacy will be beaten by the more trained tribe with very little taste for huggling. Take DN for example: if they would have gone to war with either south or north, they would have kept tribe active and trained the newcomers making our war much more difficult.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34353

I say "easy" because from a stats point of view, you have very little opposition. Your ODD is abysmal compared to other tribes in this world. It is very easy to expand if nobody is hitting you back.

DeletedUser

BD has no respect for your tribe... I know you can see that, you just fear what will happen if you stop showing respect to them. BD have walked all over Phoenx these last few months, and had it been any other tribe you would have declared already. I'm sure the Phoenx dukes have discussed it, been discussing it for quite some time, but know they will be doomed if they start a war with BD. That's why they will continue to let BD do whatever they want and you won't hear anything except "we have respect for each other".

Let me tell you. Recruiting Templarz and Vladivar straight out of Phoenx is not a sign of respect. Recruiting ex-[CRY] members and blocking your eastern expansion is not a sign of respect. Eating your inactive players vills without your permission is not a sign of respect.

This respect you speak of is fake, only it's necessary for Phoenx to project at the moment until they're more prepared for war.

I keep finding it funny that people consider players the property of a tribe. They are not. Any tribe has to work hard to keep it's players, unless those players lack common sense/experience/balls. The fact that we recruited Templarz and Vladivar might or might not be taken as respectful or disrespectful by Phoenx. It has however nothing to do with them. They don't own their players any more then BD owns it's players. If tomorrow Phoenx recruits one of us that will have nothing to do with respect towards BD as a tribe. Both in that - for now fictional - case and in the one for tempz/vlad it has everything to do with respect for the player.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: the only reason a tribe has to turn a good player away is either because they don't want any more members (no matter the skill/ability), or because they're scared of the baggage that player brings. BD isn't scared of Phoenx. And i highly doubt that Phoenx is scared of BD. We both have been distracted by other matters in the past so we worked with each other as best we could, made easier by mutual respect. If that comes to an end now then so be it. If not then i'll happily go hunting RAM. Either way i will have fun.

What i find interesting is how you are approaching this whole deal very one-sided. Care to elaborate why that is? You seem like an avid observer, so how come you are mentioning all the "bad" things BD did but not vice versa?

DeletedUser

I say "easy" because from a stats point of view, you have very little opposition. Your ODD is abysmal compared to other tribes in this world. It is very easy to expand if nobody is hitting you back.

Who knows :D Maybe we simply take out their offence quickly. Or maybe our opponents tend to hoard much more D then they do O (given how few of them are in the ODA top rankings, that doesn't seem far-fedged, does it?). Or maybe they hit back once or twice, find a brick wall and then give up. Or maybe they don't hit back at all. The world of maybe is a wonderful place for everything is possible. Depending on which opponent we fought one or more of the above holds true. However, i doubt that any other tribe would have taken what we took so early in the world with our members so spread out and still thrive.

DeletedUser34353

I keep finding it funny that people consider players the property of a tribe. They are not. Any tribe has to work hard to keep it's players, unless those players lack common sense/experience/balls. The fact that we recruited Templarz and Vladivar might or might not be taken as respectful or disrespectful by Phoenx. It has however nothing to do with them. They don't own their players any more then BD owns it's players. If tomorrow Phoenx recruits one of us that will have nothing to do with respect towards BD as a tribe. Both in that - for now fictional - case and in the one for tempz/vlad it has everything to do with respect for the player.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: the only reason a tribe has to turn a good player away is either because they don't want any more members (no matter the skill/ability), or because they're scared of the baggage that player brings. BD isn't scared of Phoenx. And i highly doubt that Phoenx is scared of BD. We both have been distracted by other matters in the past so we worked with each other as best we could, made easier by mutual respect. If that comes to an end now then so be it. If not then i'll happily go hunting RAM. Either way i will have fun.

What i find interesting is how you are approaching this whole deal very one-sided. Care to elaborate why that is? You seem like an avid observer, so how come you are mentioning all the "bad" things BD did but not vice versa?

Your approach to recruitment is not what I would consider typical. Especially if, as you said, you were working with Phoenx and had that mutual respect between your tribes. If Templarz had been accepted into BD already, why join Phoenx for over a month? Maybe he was spying, maybe not, maybe he just likes tribe-hopping.

I'm curious now as to what W30 forum readers think.

Do you consider recruiting members from an active tribe as disrespectful toward that tribe?

-Or-

Do you think that it has nothing to do with respect for the tribe, but respect for the player?

Gicusan

I am not going to get into Bad's argument. However, if I am not mistaken, Templarz joined Pheonx so he could seal the ED merge that was about his boys. Second reason is because Vlad had a temporary border VETO vote against from our beloved and now mostly inactive ronpaul. After the merge was done and the vet was lifted, he could follow his heart desire. That is the story there. That aside, enough talking about that Temp noob. I am also not a lover of his jumpings but I like Temp as a tribemate. Also, I felt like treating Pheonx bad when we accepted him. However, that, same as Fraser story more recently, was Pajuno's mistake to begin with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34353

Who knows :D Maybe we simply take out their offence quickly. Or maybe our opponents tend to hoard much more D then they do O (given how few of them are in the ODA top rankings, that doesn't seem far-fedged, does it?). Or maybe they hit back once or twice, find a brick wall and then give up. Or maybe they don't hit back at all. The world of maybe is a wonderful place for everything is possible. Depending on which opponent we fought one or more of the above holds true. However, i doubt that any other tribe would have taken what we took so early in the world with our members so spread out and still thrive.

All those maybe situations you mentioned would confirm my suspicions about the easy nature of your wars.

A tribe that allows their offense to be taken out?
A tribe full of turtles?
A tribe that doesn't hit back?
A tribe that hits back once or twice then quits?

For a tribe as aggressive and coordinated as BD? E-A-S-Y.

To be clear, I originally intended to be unbiased in this thread. Due to Gicusans defensive stance, I did favor BD's issues in my responses. However, I do respect BD greatly as a tribe as well as Phoenx and RAM. There is a war brewing in the south though, and this thread will hopefully be used by all three tribes concerned so we can get a better picture of what is going on. Is there huggling and backdoor deals, or will this be a straight and fair fight? That is the real issue here.