Best Build

DeletedUser

What's the best building setup for HP?

Which bldgs do you upgrade, and which do you shy away from upgrading?

Do you try and max anything out?

Here's what I was thinking:

HQ - probably up to lvl 23 so you can rebuild catted bldgs quickly.

Barracks - lvl 25

Stable - lvl 20

Resources - I'm wondering if these should be maxed out since there are no farms left on the world. So hypothetically, if there is no clear winner in sight, the tribe that's able to outproduce the rest will have the best chances. Any thoughts on this?

Farm - should anyone ever reach lvl 30? I mean, if you're reaching a lvl 30 farm, does that mean you've been sitting on your troops for too long?

Warehouse - same as the farm. If you're forced to build a lvl 30 warehouse, does that mean you're not playing the game right and using up your resources constantly?

DeletedUser

If your thinking reaching level 30 farm is a bad thing then you shouldn't be playing HP..

DeletedUser

What's the best building setup for HP?

Which bldgs do you upgrade, and which do you shy away from upgrading?

Do you try and max anything out?

Here's what I was thinking:
HQ - probably up to lvl 23 so you can rebuild catted bldgs quickly.
Drop it to 20 by now

Barracks - lvl 25
Always
Stable - lvl 20
Ditto
Resources - I'm wondering if these should be maxed out since there are no farms left on the world. So hypothetically, if there is no clear winner in sight, the tribe that's able to outproduce the rest will have the best chances. Any thoughts on this?
Always 30...
Farm - should anyone ever reach lvl 30? I mean, if you're reaching a lvl 30 farm, does that mean you've been sitting on your troops for too long?

Always 30 always 30 always 30 attack with fun nukes :/ And always build defense :/

Warehouse - same as the farm. If you're forced to build a lvl 30 warehouse, does that mean you're not playing the game right and using up your resources constantly?
27 or 26 is all you need in the warehouse

DeletedUser

Thanks for some of the input. Yes, I was being sincere about this. I'm trying to think outside the box and look at this from different angles. Of course I always go lvl 30 farms in regular worlds. As I said, this is my first time on HP and I was curious if you do things differently. It seems everyone overwhelmingly agrees. :lol:

Don't lynch me fellas, I'm on your side. lvl 30 Farms FTW!

lajoo

i don't think maxing warehouse is a bad thing,it doesn't take much resources and no farm space,so there is nothing bad with maxing it.

mines and farm should be 30,so barracks and stable and workshop(if there is a pala with bonfire).There is like 4k farm space from lvl 29 to lvl 30 so lvl 30 farm is a must.

there can be a discussion on Hq level,if you have it at level 25 it takes more farm space than 20 but you max your barracks and stables fast so you eventually have quicker nukes at first,i have it at 20 myself though.

market - 16 or 20,it depends on the situation,if your first village is like 8k points,and your new villages have low mines,you can use market 20 to move resources fast to your new villages,but if you are a fast nobler and you noble straight when you get your academy at 3k,16 is enough for you.

mattcurr

i don't think maxing warehouse is a bad thing,it doesn't take much resources and no farm space,so there is nothing bad with maxing it.

there can be a discussion on Hq level,if you have it at level 25 it takes more farm space than 20 but you max your barracks and stables fast so you eventually have quicker nukes at first,i have it at 20 myself though.

Moral is why I never max the warehouse, but I move quickly you might not have that problem:icon_wink:

As for the hq yes when building your first village build it to 23, 25 somewhere around there but by this point you should have your village built and have it at level 20.

DeletedUser

Depending on how active you are, form your resource levels around your needs. If you're going with the HCav strat, you'll notice a huge lack of Iron and even Wood. You can make up for alot of those needs by farming, but an extra mine never hurts ;-). Having 30/30/30 however seems rather over the top ._.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm with mattcurr on warehouse but as you grow it does make it hard to keep it low.

Another point that is often missed in pushing the warehouse up early game (more in non grow barb worlds) is the resources used that could have been put into nobles.

Even when active, at around 150 villages if you have grown quick unless you like seeing red or have a massive market which then kills the point of keeping the warehouse low for morale you need to think about taking it up a few levels.

Anyone who thinks that they require the same build all the time on a world has not played many late game.

With massive clusters if there any harm it knocking some builds down in some areas? I think not.

On this world with no packet store, limit to number of troops that can be made plus no morale there is an option to keep it low. Unless you want to try & point whore to the top & beat PP :)

lajoo

Moral is why I never max the warehouse, but I move quickly you might not have that problem:icon_wink:

As for the hq yes when building your first village build it to 23, 25 somewhere around there but by this point you should have your village built and have it at level 20.

lol warehouse doesn't take oints much up,look it up in help section

DeletedUser

Its not about points, and I'm fairly sure that all good players now about the help section.. Especailly matt.

It more about farmspace and resource prioritys.

PS: Wouldnt get matt strted on village builds ;)

DeletedUser

Resources needs specifically:

You defence villages won't need as much clay, so you can demo clay pit down to 27 or so if your keen on saving points :p Pretty much same for offence, clay doesn't need to be as high.

But in the case of this round, clay pit should be mazes since nobles are high demand and easy to get.

mattcurr

Resources needs specifically:

You defence villages won't need as much clay, so you can demo clay pit down to 27 or so if your keen on saving points :p Pretty much same for offence, clay doesn't need to be as high.

But in the case of this round, clay pit should be mazes since nobles are high demand and easy to get.

Omg no, first off you have it backwards, once you build your defensive armies you will mostly be minting/storing there, thus you want to have higher clay... Now that doesnt happen in this hp round but normally thats what you do.... In offensive villages conversely you are building troops most of the time thus you will be using more wood/iron.... Now lets think about this half your village have too much wood/iron half have too much clay. What should you do to even out res............. HINT ITS NEVER DEMOLISHING RESOURCE PITS

Its not about points, and I'm fairly sure that all good players now about the help section.. Especailly matt.

It more about farmspace and resource prioritys.

PS: Wouldnt get matt strted on village builds ;)

First off warehouse=0 pop space. And every point matters, I need to get down to 8700 points so that for every 10 villages I have I gain around 10000 less points on another player which adds up for moral.

DeletedUser

If you don't farm, do you really need past 20/14/1 rax/stables/workshop?

DeletedUser

Warehouse

warehouse level 30 costs no farm space why wouldn't you make it level 30

lajoo

Omg no, first off you have it backwards, once you build your defensive armies you will mostly be minting/storing there, thus you want to have higher clay... Now that doesnt happen in this hp round but normally thats what you do.... In offensive villages conversely you are building troops most of the time thus you will be using more wood/iron.... Now lets think about this half your village have too much wood/iron half have too much clay. What should you do to even out res............. HINT ITS NEVER DEMOLISHING RESOURCE PITS

First off warehouse=0 pop space. And every point matters, I need to get down to 8700 points so that for every 10 villages I have I gain around 10000 less points on another player which adds up for moral.

sure ,i understand your point,but once a village is finished on buildings and on troops(especially def),you only use those resources to get more coins/packets,so more warehouse is better for sure.

mattcurr

sure ,i understand your point,but once a village is finished on buildings and on troops(especially def),you only use those resources to get more coins/packets,so more warehouse is better for sure.

You should never need a larger warehouse why would you ever have 300k res of anything when you have scripts that do all the work for you. I mean sure back in the day I qued troops in 300 villages by hand but we dont have to do that anymore no reason that 5 minutes of maintenance cant be done everyday.