Best Build

xyziz

You should never need a larger warehouse why would you ever have 300k res of anything when you have scripts that do all the work for you. I mean sure back in the day I qued troops in 300 villages by hand but we dont have to do that anymore no reason that 5 minutes of maintenance cant be done everyday.

ahhh yeah there is.

5 minutes is like..... 4 minutes too many.

All you need is 1 minute to logon, send attacks to be suicided, log off. :icon_biggrin:

lajoo

You should never need a larger warehouse why would you ever have 300k res of anything when you have scripts that do all the work for you. I mean sure back in the day I qued troops in 300 villages by hand but we dont have to do that anymore no reason that 5 minutes of maintenance cant be done everyday.

there is also another advantage for warehouse lvl 30,once you get a new village you can send more resources to it so it grows faster,makes it easier if you have more space for resources.

mattcurr

there is also another advantage for warehouse lvl 30,once you get a new village you can send more resources to it so it grows faster,makes it easier if you have more space for resources.

Don't need that many res to keep the ques going like barely any additional to the 30 mines, unless we are now switching gears and talking about early worlds where you have to build buildings. In which case my income would be around 750,000 res from every offensive village I have and 200,000 from every defensive village I have everyday, so its not really an issue:icon_neutral:

Done inventing reasoning that doesn't make sense or can we move on and believe me? That if you want to optimize for moral demoing the warehouse is a good idea. Then again it all depends on the personal player, if you can't play well enough to warrant the need for lower moral than don't do it.

DeletedUser

I know how you feel with that "by hand" bull crap.. That was the worst days of my TW career.

Village standards are mostly forgotten about, for example when my account on W3 had 200 and such villages, sure half an hour and you get it done with prem. But breaking through 700 villages, you just stop caring :p More or less, group it and then mass recruit. If you have time to build them all to a standard then you need help.

In these early game stages, I will go with matt and say that if your active enough to worry about it, building a lower point village in the way to go.

Plusses:
-Moral doesn't kill you as bad
-Your village looks less attractive to point whores
-More farm space (depending on what your building)

Minusses:
-Needs to be handled more frequently
-Not a village for you if you want to be rank 1 near the start ;)

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like low stores if nothing else it gives you something todo moving resources around when waiting for farm runs.

In 21 I hated the day I had to push past the 9K per village point & now I've even had to raise market to L16 in some villages. Mind you I do reach from K36 - 94 so have a bit of distance to travel :)

DeletedUser

Personally, it's better to keep most villages low (especially with premium where you can group off/def villages).. An offensive village can save almost 2,500 farm space on a standard (9500-ish point) village by simply using maths..

Resources can be demolished.. Clay to 26, Wood to 29 and Iron at 30 in any offensive village means you build at the near perfect amount if you build 7000 axe, 3,250 LC and 300 ram..
In an offensive, you don't need a market, smithy (2 only), workshop 1, HQ down to 15 and leave academy at 1 in case your nukes keep wiping everything out.. Basically an offensive village can be around 7,000 points and still work as good as the person next to you with a 9,300 point offensive village with 2,000 more farm space..

Farm space becomes more and more important the later it gets into the game..
With an extra 1,500 farm space per village -- 300 villages (100 offensive) you then have 150,000 more troops than you would have had.. Makes one hell of a difference..

Just my opinion. :)

lajoo

Don't need that many res to keep the ques going like barely any additional to the 30 mines, unless we are now switching gears and talking about early worlds where you have to build buildings. In which case my income would be around 750,000 res from every offensive village I have and 200,000 from every defensive village I have everyday, so its not really an issue:icon_neutral:

Done inventing reasoning that doesn't make sense or can we move on and believe me? That if you want to optimize for moral demoing the warehouse is a good idea. Then again it all depends on the personal player, if you can't play well enough to warrant the need for lower moral than don't do it.

K i agree with u,every 100 villages gives you 50k less points,that's the advantage for morale,but there are many ways to move around morale,evil ways though :p,the advantage of having lvl 30 warehouse is like you said you have 8700 villages,i have 9735 point ones,that means i'm on 973k while you are on 870k,i know that points are not important,but you got to win the end aren't you?

anyway imagine you are 870k and i'm 973k,you'll have a 55% morale and i'll have a 51% morale against him/her,i don't see that as a huge difference.

lajoo

Personally, it's better to keep most villages low (especially with premium where you can group off/def villages).. An offensive village can save almost 2,500 farm space on a standard (9500-ish point) village by simply using maths..

Resources can be demolished.. Clay to 26, Wood to 29 and Iron at 30 in any offensive village means you build at the near perfect amount if you build 7000 axe, 3,250 LC and 300 ram..
In an offensive, you don't need a market, smithy (2 only), workshop 1, HQ down to 15 and leave academy at 1 in case your nukes keep wiping everything out.. Basically an offensive village can be around 7,000 points and still work as good as the person next to you with a 9,300 point offensive village with 2,000 more farm space..

With an extra 1,500 farm space per village -- 300 villages (100 offensive) you then have 150,000 more troops than you would have had.. Makes one hell of a difference..

how are you going to have a noble then? :icon_rolleyes:

lajoo

I know how you feel with that "by hand" bull crap.. That was the worst days of my TW career.

Village standards are mostly forgotten about, for example when my account on W3 had 200 and such villages, sure half an hour and you get it done with prem. But breaking through 700 villages, you just stop caring :p More or less, group it and then mass recruit. If you have time to build them all to a standard then you need help.

In these early game stages, I will go with matt and say that if your active enough to worry about it, building a lower point village in the way to go.

Plusses:
-Moral doesn't kill you as bad
Morale doesn't kill you too much on early start.

-Your village looks less attractive to point whores
IF you are good enough and build troops,that doesn't matter

we are talking about warehouse and warehouse takes no farming space

Minusses:
-Needs to be handled more frequently
-Not a village for you if you want to be rank 1 near the start ;)

comments in bold.

DeletedUser

we are talking about warehouse and warehouse takes no farming space

Exactly, notice the "(depending on what you are building)"

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

That means you cannot support the village with H/Cav at tec 3

Your resources do not need to be as high why so much iron when your D villages can feed it.

Always max clay for packets as its the main reason for slow growth. Plus at a 2:1 ratio at 300 villages you will find its not nukes that slow you down I think without farming (Hard todo at 300 villages) it gives a max of 1.7 nobles per day.

Low HQ hard if hit to get that wall up.

Cat the academy & you have a very long time until you can bank any resources which are much needed in late game for nobles.

No cats in the village for that extra couple of pop slots a good option. for RP / fakes ect..

I have seen a few which take smithy to 17 but not many below that.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thats of interest not had a go myself.

I'd always thought it went to the default 0.9 & a bit of a tec (not researched) when the buildings did not let you research a troop kind.

mattcurr

Thats of interest not had a go myself.

I'd always thought it went to the default 0.9 & a bit of a tec (not researched) when the buildings did not let you research a troop kind.

I am fairly certain that whilst you can no longer build the troop in question they fight at the level which they are researched, though I shall check, Im pretty sure I am right.

DeletedUser

You're indeed right..
It is the technology researched in the village of origin rather than the village you have sent support too..

As for have 200 defensive/100offensive late game doesn't hinder growth at all.. I went that path because I had such far-apart clusters which meant sending resources became a mission. 200 defensive villages results in around 800 packets a day...
The 100 pure offensive village results in way better nukes.. 2 of my nukes would do what 3 of someone else's did.

As for not storing packets, that was irrelevant because of what I said above.. ^

The reason I was able to destroy my villages so low was because I had a cluster of about 120 villages way behind the lines that meant they were not often attacked and if they were, the wall wouldn't be damaged.

I wouldn't suggest going pure offensive/pure defensive as it results in having to think and be on more because you have to actually think about everything you're doing.

As for villages being cat'd.. Unlikely. I built defense - 2000HC, 8000 spear.. Unless people sent tribe-wide attacks, I was always able to rush 20k HC there with 80k spear on the way within 6 hours. My villages were well placed - which was the main reason I did that..

My build works works if you have good clusters, set up well.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It is the technology researched in the village of origin rather than the village you have sent support too..

Tecs work the other way.

But barbs on this world with a research yet have catted the troop building still hold the research if it works at that level unsure.

----

I can see the offset of not needing as many nukes so then do not need as much clay to rebuild them.

I think due to the extra firepower you might be able to get away with even less nukes.

At short of 2 packets a day an average of 30K stacks per village it gives you way more nukes / less packets than needed. That being said it can depend on location a great deal.

But with this set up having a rolling front line is hard work to keep attack times short. For that I think it outways any gain in size.

OK you send a slightly larger nuke but due to travel time I can move more D arond & kill any gain you have plus you then have the longer build time to take into account.

As you say it works well within a cluster type setup. But at 200 villages your cluster will not be able to grow much more due to having tribe members near you. Thats my problem I'm in 17 different K's in W21 :(

DeletedUser

I have never maintained interest in a world long enough to get over 200 villages so I don't know what is important at that stage, but is 150,000 extra troops really a difference maker against good players who are also over 300 villages? It just seems to me without having put it into practice that troops can be regenerated and if I can't support correctly and hold someone off while waiting for villages that have been cleared to replenish their troops, then I'm not trying very hard. It's not like you train 15,000 axes and that is all that village will ever produce so it really is obviously better than only training 13,000. And getting buildings higher isn't solely for points, each extra level of a building does give you a benefit, whether in rebuilding catted buildings, training replacement troops faster, getting more resources so you can build nobles faster, moving resources to where they are most needed etc.

DeletedUser

Firstly: If your nukes have 13k axes you have a slight problem with that. (hopefully they dont)

Secondly: 150.000 defence troops is a huge advantage over not having them. When a whole tribe attacks you, they cover every village with 3 nukes or so, meaning you need to be active enough to move troops when necassary and if not than those extra troops are going to save you more villages until outside troops arrive.