BUZZ Discussion

Repinski

That wasn't the account, your council wasn't very good with password protection. Also, I know about the shared forum but in the adult world, talking one on one with people, you get a better feel for how they think/act/talk and you get a better understanding of that person. But now theres bad blood all in the north, I'm just waiting to see what your gonna do, I see you going to womble soon because we all know your not giving up nuketechs account.

Nuke gave me this account when he came back and took over the Hankatron account. And I have already decided where I am going. Just getting the members left in Buzz a home first.

stepgib

And here I thought we all had a sort of bond after being allied for so long then merging into the same tribe. Obviously I was wrong.

On another note, I would obviously have stayed in BUZZ if not for the fact that most people I was friends with left AND the one person left in charge besides Rep (Who commented in a mail he was going elsewhere) was Lord Donovan's wife. So essentially there wasn't going to be a reborn BUZZ whatsoever with the leadership of it committed in one way or another to Womble.

This isn't to say that most if not everyone in BUZZ/ASCN (can't speak for XIII) doesn't like Womble the only issue I found was that I didn't think the leadership of BUZZ could truly act in its interests while being committed to Womble in some way shape or form.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

From Day One in BUZZ, it became apparent that SYN had a long standing affinity for Womble. Fair enough, Womble are a top tribe with good players and are an essential ally for certain war plans, but did BUZZ really need a whole shared forum dedicated to asking Womble "is there is anything, ANYTHING, we can do to make Womble's day better today?" It gave me the impression SYN were Womble's Academy with the amount of ass kissing that went on.

After the SYN leadership suddenly abandoned it's members to join Womble, all the other SYN players were left to fend for themselves. All those months of teamwork & friendship down the pan. Because of what, arguing between some players in the council?

If BUZZ was not working for the SYN leadership, all they had to do was state this fact to the -XIII- leadership, and we would have agreed. We could have both moved back to where we were before the merge.

But no, SYN leadership decided to take the dramatic route by leaving and taking away the -XIII- council's privvies, while still being able to control what went on through account sitting/shared internet connection/Rep, while being members of Womble.

It is honourable for Rep to be hanging around in BUZZ, finding a home for the remaining players. Although I really don't see why he needs to do this. Perhaps he will be a hero for these abandonded players. Perhaps it was the plan all along. Let's not forget that it was mainly Rep and his ego that was the source of all problems. If the BUZZ players want to move into a new tribe, all they have to do is speak to ASCN or -XIII-. It's not hard is it?

I actually have something to say (Who woulda thought right?) Anyway, I believe the biggest problem, that destroyed everything, was the merge from the beginning. First and foremost, the merge was based off my friendship with a few SYN players then when Rep came, it was based off his friendship with SYN. The members/officials didn't actually talk to each other and get a feel for each other. That was the downfall from the beginning in my eyes.

Next it would have to be and this isn't really much of a downfall, but rep, your ego is actually bigger than mine was back then and thats sad imo lol. You do always have to be right, you do put your input in everything, which is fine! But you gotta realize, when your putting forth your opinion, you have to actually do it without trying to force people to believe your right. Stepgib isn't a puppet, he's probably the smartest guy I found playing a game ever.

Bama, you have rep like tendencies. Don't think I didn't see BUZZ, SUBV, and SYN forums when you were in the tribes. Anyway, like I said, its not a bad thing, but everyone needs to know there limits and how others are. That's why the merge didn't go through. If things would've moved slower, there would probably be the old -XIII- and the old SYN, no merge. Also, those friendships would've still been there. Rep, your problem was wanting to take out Khaos so bad, that's why you pushed for the merge more than anyway. You can say you didn't but we know you did.

Rex I reckon the merge would have been fine if Red was still around. We could have worked it out and sailed through the honeymoon period as Red is a leader who uses his head and tries to understand both sides of an argument. Red was a great leader and was the major force behind this merge from SYN's side. But with Red gone and the other Duke admitting that he "never wanted this merge to begin with", I think it's fate was sealed.

I don't think you got what step's point was here..or maybe I just think your response is confusing :p

Amen.

I meant for that statement to include a few people not just you. But we did go at it for a while and could have been worse if we both didnt chose to not reply at times. But things did get better between when I stepped down and stopped giving my input on things.

But I wasnt really trying to be neutral in my post since it was a reply to stepgibs and his post wasnt really neutral either. So I gave my opinion since I thought his post was mostly based on his hatred for rep and not facts or realist things

I don't hate Rep. Why do you have difficulty understanding this? I'll admit my patience is tested at times and I lose the rag with his shenanigans, but it does not change the respect and admiration I have for him as a player. He just should not be trying to control W48 the way he does. It is insulting to all the other players in W48 when Rep decides that "something is so" and that everyone must agree (or they are fools who cannot see). He uses his influence and friendships to sway decisions in his favour. And quite often those decisions turn out to be hugely beneficial for Rep anyway. I think being map manager has given Rep the impression that W48 is a giant jigsaw puzzle sent by God for him to put together. :p

Shall I illustrate my point a little further? Oh heck, why not....I have all day.

We simple just could not get along. Megadeth... and Myself fought ALOT with Stepgib and Emulous backing Mega and Brian, Lord Donovan, BBH (budL), Red (Moonegg), and Bama backing me. That naturally lead to a split in the councils as it was -XIII- to SYN feuds at that point with Bama and I being odd balls considering Bama was CRASH and I had friends on both sides of the council.

So if I happened to agree with one of my ex-XIII tribemates, that was me "sticking up for my friends". But if I disagreed with one of my ex-XIII tribemates, that was ignored and I was still "sticking up for my friends". I can't win.

If a group of people in a shared power structure think something is not right, the adult thing to do is to discuss it and find a way to solve the problem, not dismiss them entirely and act like their views do not count.

It's also interesting how you say Bama and Red were backing you, when they had already left the council and had nothing to do with any of the conversations. Straight away, you have revealed in that post that you already drew a line in the sand.

One of the things that probably caused an issue was the number of people with hidden privileges. (I didn't agree with this and a poll was cast but it didn't get fixed) We had 17 council members when we first merged. This number eventually rested at 14 after Bama stepped out of the council due to the size, Red quit, and Hankatron (Nuketech) going inactive.

This is a priceless Rep comment. PLEASE NOTE.

Rep decided that there were too many people in the Council. He did not like the fact that some Council members did not reply to every single brain fart that was posted in there (perhaps he would have felt better if everyone was forced to reply "no comment" to ensure they were actually paying him due attention). Some people agreed, some disagreed. A poll was made on Rep's request to lower the council member count. He lost the poll.

That is democracy in action.

So Rep just disregarded that decision and decided to use his influence on the Dukes and Barons in private to get what he wanted. Some members of the Council noticed this and complained. Arguments ensued.

And the reason for the high Council member count? Because SYN, then BUZZ, did not take full advantage of the "trusted member" status. There was no platform to actually be able to discuss tribal matters with actual trusted members, you know, the people that ARE your tribe? Opinions of your trusted players is essential. Not just the few opinions of the few.

Our biggest issue was probably the fact that the old -XIII- council chat never got taken down and a member was invited that a council poll voted for him to be eaten instead which is how the SYN side and the two odd balls, Bama and I, discovered that this chat was still in operation. Emulous, the duke from the -XIII- side and the one to invite this member, was questioned on the matter and when he replied with "I contacted everyone who was online at the time to get opinions over skype as I was short on time." and no one from the SYN side or myself got a mail or a skype message asking if we were on, a SYN side chat was born. Bama and myself were also members of this chat due to our connections with Red and getting close with the other SYN side council members. Thus we became SYN side of this feud. We knew the chat existed because some of us always use invisible mode on skype like myself and so Emu would have had to contact us without just looking for the green circle to confirm if we were online or not. So these private chats were probably our largest issues as we started to not trust the respective sides.

Firstly, you were upset because some people talked to each other on Skype without you? How many Skype chats do you have Rep? Perhaps you were upset that you were not included in it. I dunno.

I don't think an inconsequential chat that consisted of me making jokes about my penis
on a daily basis, was really a threat to BUZZ leadership.

Yes, a poll was made regarding an invite to a player. The tribe decided to eat him instead of invite him. Emulous jumped the gun and invited him anyway. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE ELSE. It was emulous making a mistake that's all. It is your own paranoia that led you to believe that ex-XIII were making decisions behind your back. It had absolutely nothing to do with me or any of the other ex-XIII members.

So you freely admit that you took it upon yourself to create a new council chat, under the misbelief that someone else was trying to take power away from you in a different Skype chat? Come on! Really?

Is it just me or is this cookie crumbling?

DeletedUser

Step basically summarised all i wanted to say there, nice post step.

and "I don't think an inconsequential chat that consisted of me making jokes about my penis on a daily basis, was really a threat to BUZZ leadership." is a contender for quote of the year

DeletedUser

Buzz was wombles academy, when did that happen? :icon_rolleyes:

stepgib

Buzz was wombles academy, when did that happen? :icon_rolleyes:

It didn't. BUZZ wasn't.

It was just a humorous observation stating that from the moment BUZZ was created, the Council still focused most of their attention on keeping Womble sweet and planning the demise of CRASH.

It would have been nice if they spent a little time trying to keep the K22/K21 players happy too. You know, by maybe asking how to make the merged tribe better...stuff like that.

Instead we got a one sided merged tribe, with the SYN side wholly focused on one thing and telling the XIII side to shut up and just ignore stupid stuff that didn't matter. To them.

DeletedUser

i liked the merge and got on with everyone
the only thing i noticed was bama and mega constantly argueing

DeletedUser

i liked the merge and got on with everyone
the only thing i noticed was bama and mega constantly argueing

One time is constantly?

You should be studying for exams even more dude if you think thats the case.

DeletedUser

It didn't. BUZZ wasn't.

It was just a humorous observation stating that from the moment BUZZ was created, the Council still focused most of their attention on keeping Womble sweet and planning the demise of CRASH.

In a world with 1k noble limits you need to fight several fronts to keep everyone happy. Only a few wanted to hit crash, and I do know that players wanted to just fake but the council wouldnt let them, so I doubt that was true. Plus hitting crash was not to keep us sweet, crash are quite hated, also good players like a challenge, you get that from mass merging tribes :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

fair enough
Just from the way i saw it looked like an arguement
my bad

Repinski

So if I happened to agree with one of my ex-XIII tribemates, that was me "sticking up for my friends". But if I disagreed with one of my ex-XIII tribemates, that was ignored and I was still "sticking up for my friends". I can't win.

If a group of people in a shared power structure think something is not right, the adult thing to do is to discuss it and find a way to solve the problem, not dismiss them entirely and act like their views do not count.

It's also interesting how you say Bama and Red were backing you, when they had already left the council and had nothing to do with any of the conversations. Straight away, you have revealed in that post that you already drew a line in the sand.

You have no idea. Red still reads this forum and still talks to all the people in the council chat we made daily. Sorry if he doesn't like you too much. :icon_rolleyes: Bama is also in the chat.

This is a priceless Rep comment. PLEASE NOTE.

Rep decided that there were too many people in the Council. He did not like the fact that some Council members did not reply to every single brain fart that was posted in there (perhaps he would have felt better if everyone was forced to reply "no comment" to ensure they were actually paying him due attention). Some people agreed, some disagreed. A poll was made on Rep's request to lower the council member count. He lost the poll.

That is democracy in action.

So Rep just disregarded that decision and decided to use his influence on the Dukes and Barons in private to get what he wanted. Some members of the Council noticed this and complained. Arguments ensued.

And the reason for the high Council member count? Because SYN, then BUZZ, did not take full advantage of the "trusted member" status. There was no platform to actually be able to discuss tribal matters with actual trusted members, you know, the people that ARE your tribe? Opinions of your trusted players is essential. Not just the few opinions of the few.

Your right. I thought the council was too large so i brought the idea up. But no I didn't do a work around to get over the issue. The poll was made and here are the results.

[SPOIL]
buzzcouncilpoll.png

Love the snip tool on windows 7. ^^
[/SPOIL]

So I hardly see how it was just me who disagreed. Not to mention the fact that the total votes on that poll was 13. Out of 17 council members. The poll was up for a week! Kinda shows some weren't even reading it don't ya think?

Firstly, you were upset because some people talked to each other on Skype without you? How many Skype chats do you have Rep? Perhaps you were upset that you were not included in it. I dunno.

I don't think an inconsequential chat that consisted of me making jokes about my penis
on a daily basis, was really a threat to BUZZ leadership.

Yes, a poll was made regarding an invite to a player. The tribe decided to eat him instead of invite him. Emulous jumped the gun and invited him anyway. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE ELSE. It was emulous making a mistake that's all. It is your own paranoia that led you to believe that ex-XIII were making decisions behind your back. It had absolutely nothing to do with me or any of the other ex-XIII members.

So you freely admit that you took it upon yourself to create a new council chat, under the misbelief that someone else was trying to take power away from you in a different Skype chat? Come on! Really?

Is it just me or is this cookie crumbling?

Step, the chat was made after the Mayank incident when it became obvious that emu didn't even ATTEMPT to contact anyone on the SYN side for him getting the invite. Yes I made the chat but it was simpler than us all having the same discussion 4 times instead of 1 be it by private skype chat or text.

Comments in blue.

DeletedUser92142

Short comments? So unlike you rep, I think Step actually shut you up. o.0

DeletedUser92142

Incorrect, rep always replies, but he replies with long posts to prove his point.

The Carpathian

It didn't. BUZZ wasn't.

It would have been nice if they spent a little time trying to keep the K22/K21 players happy too. You know, by maybe asking how to make the merged tribe better...stuff like that.

Instead we got a one sided merged tribe, with the SYN side wholly focused on one thing and telling the XIII side to shut up and just ignore stupid stuff that didn't matter. To them.

pretty sure womble and syn had relations longer than them and 13 did.

long time allies that we were, obviously we would hold each other in high regard.

before you guys even merged discussions were being made about CRASH. heavy discussions, involving quite a bit of the council on both sides. what did you think just because you guys merged suddenly none of this would matter to them and suddenly you guys would become their main focus?

as for the merge being one sided, sometimes merges dont work out, i think womble is a prime example of that with what happened to the remainder of gnome after most of them had quit. the only merge we had that was of consequence fell apart in the end. needless to say we were able to pull back out of it and get where we are today, thanks to all our amazing members, new and old.

now personally i think this thread is kind of kicking a dead horse at this point, not that my opinion matters :lol: