Christmas

DeletedUser

Firstly, i may be a bit slow to notice it.........but there is a christmas tree in my village!

AND I LOVE IT!!!! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Whats your views on this attack break?

5 days without nobling/attcking/farming anything!!

Basically it gives all the pointwhores and players who lost all there troops to recruit like mad!

I feel for the player who is after clearing some player and is all ready to noble and then BOOM santa comes to the rescue of the poor guy/gal for 3 + 2 days :icon_cry:

Better get your nobling done before then! I know i will :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

The International. Issue date: 13/04/2010

Hello there, welcome to the International.

Come with us, as we take a journey around the world, dodging axes and cavalry, hugs and merges, alliances and broken treaties, from all the tribes and players of World 43, to bring you the information from the front lines.
We will be bringing all the latest news and current affairs from around the world, interviews, all the latest enoblements, and all the political and diplomatic drama, in a format that is easy to understand, and we will keep you on top of the latest going-ons of World 43.
If you are not from World 43, but are an observer, we will keep you up to date. If you are a W43ian, we will give you a few different perspectives, and news as we receive it.

This week's edition:

This week we will be looking at the current leading tribes, news from the front, latest war activity, and have exclusive interviews from the dukes of the top three tribes.

----------------------------------------------

World 43 section:

mapy.jpg

Our world has had a rich history. From humble beginnings, several tribes have carved themselves out their sections of the world, and we have been slowly building, growing, expanding as a world. As you can see, from their respective area's a select few tribes have triumphed, emerging dominant. The major dominance being the tribes; BORED!, FRST and Nomad, and minor dominance being the tribes; Motion, APOC, L.o.L and AAA.

Territory:

Core:
North-side:
BORED!
South Central:
FRST
Eastern Suburbs:
BORED!
Western Central:
FRST

Rim:
North-Eastern Plains:
APOC/XPRED
Eastern Countryside:
L.o.L
South-Eastern Fields:
AAA
South-Western Barrens:
Motion
Western Countryside:
GYPSY/ POTS.
North-Western Plains:
Nomad

Official major wars:
North/North-Eastern: BORED! Vs. XPRED
[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: BORED!
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: XPRED
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1: 344
Side 2: 79
Difference: 265

image.php

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 46
Side 2: 12
Difference: 34

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 2,487,993
Side 2: 527,125
Difference: 1,960,868

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 405,155
Side 2: 101,927
Difference: 303,228

image.php
[/spoil]

Unofficial major territory disputes:

None.

Official minor wars:

None.

Unofficial minor territory disputes:

South-West: AAA Vs. Wolves.[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: AAA AAA3
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Wolves Wolf 2
Players:

Total conquers:

Side 1: 165
Side 2: 118
Difference: 47

image.php

Side 1: 28
Side 2: 2
Difference: 26

image.php

Side 1: 860,859
Side 2: 546,085
Difference: 314,774

image.php

Side 1: 172,273
Side 2: 12,537
Difference: 159,736

image.php
[/spoil]

North-East/East: APOC Vs. L.o.L[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: APOC SUB
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: L.o.L L.O.L2 LOL3
Players:

Total conquers:

Side 1: 195
Side 2: 288
Difference: 93

image.php

Side 1: 14
Side 2: 0
Difference: 14

image.php

Side 1: 817,903
Side 2: 1,167,115
Difference: 349,212

image.php

Side 1: 84,127
Side 2: 0
Difference: 84,127

image.php
[/spoil]

Diplomacy changes:

Nomad allied with BORED!.

Current rank standings:

Rank 1: BORED!
Rank 2: FRST
Rank 3: Nomad
Rank 4: Motion
Rank 5: APOC
Rank 6: NUBS
Rank 7: XPRED
Rank 8: L.o.L
Rank 10: AAA
Rank 11: MOAR !
Rank 12: GYPSY
Rank 13: LighT.
Rank 14: PK
Rank 15: AAA3

Interview section:

Duke of BORED!; -MARIO-:
[spoil]harbinger297: Well first, thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions. What are your current feelings about World 43?

-M A R I O-: Being totally honest i think it is in that stage where the major factions have taken the world so not many other tribes will be in the picture much longer. An example of this is how my tribe declares war on XPRED a top 5 tribe and all they can do is badmouth us for it and not really fight back other than occasional retakes along with all the under the table deals going on. Other than that there really is not much going on other than occasional minimal skirmishes.

harbinger297: Indeed, what do you think the future holds for World 43?

-M A R I O-: I think that a world war is in the near future. In other words i think the world will implode.

harbinger297: A world war would be very interesting, from a spectators point of view. Who do you think is most likely to survive a world war, and the world in general, and who do you think will prosper?

-M A R I O-: Well that's an interesting question. I think it really comes down to one of the worlds three great powers at the moment. Any of them could send the world into a war that will define us. All three of the powers have strong skilled players so no one can really say where that will go. Tribes i think that would survive the world war would be those tribes like motion. They are not core based so while the powers war they will pick up some fights and some players after the war and be in a stronger position. You usually find that with rim tribes as they tend to grow while the grown ups are away.

harbinger297: Who do you believe are the most promising players in World 43? Who do you believe are most likely to survive any and all future wars, and become great players in World 43?

-M A R I O-: This is a hard question as i do have strong beliefs in my members. A couple of BORED! members i feel are just awesome in wartime are TomasL, Mageknights, Technology, .mrm, faaaaark, darthv1, badkarma, slingo, and many more in BORED!. I highly respect those guys. As for outside of BORED! I would have to say kurlander and thinger as i have seen them in action before. Also i would have to say sherve and warpro look interesting. All those players have the potential to do great in a wartime situation and become great players in world 43.

harbinger297: You have great respect for, and faith in BORED!. It's good to see. What are you most proud of your tribe for accomplishing?

-M A R I O-: For prospering against all the odds and sticking together like the team we are. on top of that all of our members mutual respect for one another.

harbinger297: What is one thing you wish you had done better, or can work on?

-M A R I O-: Ah that is a very hard question. There are a few things im not going to mention, that are confidential, that i wish i had done differently. I think one thing i need to work on more is my recruitment skills. Thats a joke btw. :)

harbinger297: And a very good one it is :). BORED! has an impressive line up of members however, some well known, loved and feared players in the mix. What do you think are to be likely to be some major world events in the future, and how will BORED! fit into them?

-M A R I O-: Like everyone thinks a world war basically along with some clearing of small tribes out of our areas as we start to concentrate on them now that XPRED is basically dead.

harbinger297: Thank you very much for taking the time to answers some questions, good luck to you, and BORED!, out there!

-M A R I O-: Thanks and same to you. Hopefully your newspaper with parge will start some actual pnp instead of the all the little 5 year old trash talking and complaining and possibly attract me back to posting on the externals.
[/spoil]

Duchess of Nomad; Eegah:

[spoil]
harbinger297: Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions. What are your opinions on World 43 currently?

Eegah: I am from Belgium and my English is not THAT good. So I hope you will take that in mind...

W43 is the most important world for me now since W3 is not that exciting any more... Personally I was going trough a lot of changes here... My best PA was googleberry but he left a while ago... After that I took over and tried to put NOMAD back on the map. We had some trouble to find our friends back but I hope we are off now for a good and strong group of players. So now we have the top 3 tribes that are having the power in this world but I don't underestimate the power of the "smaller" tribes in this world. All alliances and relationships are rather fragile so we will see what future brings. I hope some good news... Also I have the feeling there are some huge ego's here in this world, who think they are nothing but the best... Some big mouths who think they will conquer all... But like smart people told me... Talking is silver, silence is gold...

Harbinger297: How do you think World 43 will turn out in the future? What tribe, or tribes, do you think will have major dominance?

Eegah: Future off 43?? I really don't have a clue... if I could see in future I would make the right decisions now... But even my barons can't so if they can't I certainly can't tell ya... ;o) Tribes in dominance will not change a lot. You have bored! who did an excellent merger. And have an alliance with another top 3 tribe... So I guess they will last pretty long. Then you have FRST and NOMAD. Don't know which one but I think one will disappear in future. Tensions are real already, and it will depend on how active the members are to decide who will take the upper hand... Also an important factor: what will bored! do IF war will come?? Offcourse being a leader of nomad, I'm sure we will win of course... ;o) But I also want to point some pressure to upcoming tribes like motion or maybe light. Could they be an important factor in future?? I bet they will!!

Harbinger297: What do you think are your tribe's greatest achievements in World 43 so far?

Eegah: That's not so difficult... the fact we are still a tribe... If you look where all our member have been in this world... What all our members have seen lately... What changes they had to accept... From now on it can only get better, so the best of the west and north west are together and the best thing fro nomad has still to come...

Harbinger297: What do you think you could have done better, or that you can improve on?

Eegah: After google left it took us a while to organize. We had to make really important decisions. I wished we had made them more easily and faster than we did now. But we had to find a council, get it together, make decisions about alliances, make decisions about who could join etc etc... We had to do too many things at once. And because of that we made some "small" mistakes.

harbinger297: What do you think are likely to be some major world events in the future, and how will Nomad fit into them?

Eegah: I hope Nomad will take part of that future. And will have a dominant role in it. That's all I want.

Harbinger297: Thank you very much for taking the time to answer a few questions, i wish you, and Nomad, the very best of luck!

Eegah: Thanks.
[/spoil]

Duke of FRST; chOcolaTe bEar:

[spoil]harbinger297: first, thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions. How do you feel about World 43 currently?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: I think its sad, so much hugging and a huge loss for the actual point of the game. Personally as a duke you can't really keep anyone at their word and in my opinion that's not how it should be, there is good talent, but other than that.....pretty poor in my opinion.

harbinger297: What do you think the future will hold for World 43?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: It depends.... The way I see it two things (could) happen, the group who has sided more to diplomacy will be successful. They will continue to take in the good players and noble off those weaker than them. Or, the group that has been more solo in the sense of their tribe will be successful and the world will stay interesting with new tribes coming forward and w43 staying competitive

harbinger297: Who do you think are the most promising tribes?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: It's hard to say at this point because very few have proven themselves If I had to pick a tribe other than FRST I would say BORED!. They have good players who know their game, they work cohesively enough to run successful operations and that's important in this game.

harbinger297: Which players do you think stand out above the rest?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: The players whom I have seen which stand out.... Hax0r - He has good village builds and works quickly when it comes to nobling. He's played smart which has got him where he is. Still need a good solid war under his belt in w43, but he has skills. General Maclean - He single handily sniped train after train from BORED! If he had good reason he would still be doing it and I hope to keep contact with this player as he really knows his (expletive deleted.) There are also a handful of FRST players whom most people don't know about. I could go on and on about the players there as they are well rounded. Quite a few of the w43 decent players have already left due to inactivity or prior boredom!

harbinger297: What are you most proud of your tribe for accomplishing?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: We have always worked as a team. Some people may think it harsh because we have held quite a few internal nobles but it's because it's not fair to the solid and active players to carry those who are just going by on coattails....FRST has been a great group of people I'd love to work with on different worlds...Good skills and great personalities.

harbinger297: what is one thing you wish you had done better, or can work on?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: I wish we had been more aggressive. The beauty of FRST's duke is it's co played, my co player James is awesome, we are both 24 but we have different lives and different personalities, Together we are able to work well with our tribe and have been successful. We could be at a better point in this game, But sometimes Real life doesn't allow it.

harbinger297: What do you think will be some major events in the future, and what role will FRST play?

Scott/Hyper Hypo: Hopefully FRST will play a huge role in all future events. I see motion making a strong move on the southwest corner, they will make a good push into the core. I see a lot of tribes run by small groups of good players, it's hard to predict a world that has been so stagnant. Honestly this point in the game was predicted by a few people. For me at least, the future is still up in the air.

harbinger297: Thank you for your time. Good luck to you, and to FRST.

Scott/Hyper Hypo: Cheers mate, thanks for interviewing.
[/spoil]

harbinger's section, food for thought:

Loyalty, and the prices paid.

Loyalty. A word commonly used, but rarely understood. To some, loyalty is fighting to the end for your tribe, your friends, and never giving up. To others, loyalty is sticking to your beliefs, and putting them first, being loyal to yourself, and what you stand for. For me, loyalty is a mixture of all these things.
However, what do you do, when your loyalties are split down the middle? When you find yourself facing choices, between what is easy, what is hard, what is good, and what is right?
I have faced many friends across the battlefield, it is the way it is, i enjoy the competition. However, what do you do, when you find your friends involved in no war, being ganged up on by your tribe, who will stop at nothing to take them? What do you do? Where do your loyalties stand then? To the tribe who has aided you, protected you, who you have given much for, and has given you much in return?
To your friend, who you have played countless worlds with, fought besides too many times to count?
To yourself, to do what is in the best interests of your own survival?
I have had this many times, across worlds, and always it is a hard decision to make. Your friend, who has spent months, sometimes years building their account, fighting, countless early wake ups, and late nights, to have you come in, and personally destroy all of that, when they have done nothing against you?
Sure, you can say "it's only a game", but as most experienced tribal wars player will know, this becomes so much more than that. The effort and time that is required, to build and maintain top ranking accounts, throughout multi-million point wars, tagging incomings in the thousands throughout the day, launching thousands of fakes, timing your attacks, coordinating with your tribe, moving defense, sniping trains, all these things soon become far more than "only a game", and to see it all wasted can be very disappointing (Although on occasions, it is somewhat a relief).
But the question remains, tribe or friend?
Something to think about World 43, if your tribe wants you to end your friends story on World 43, what will you do?

Harbinger.

0001xE.jpg

Weekly trivia about World 43:

Did you know?

15 out of 21 enoblements, for the start of 13/04/2010 (Between 00:00, and 01:00) were barbarians or players under 3000 points.

I hope you have enjoyed reading the first edition, i hope you have found it informative and entertaining.

Many thanks to:
Mario, Eegah, and Chocolate Bear.

for their help, and thank you, for reading.

The International team:
Harbinger297

Parge73

*Please note that this is a beta first edition. Please review, and let us know what you think, all helpful advice and opinions are welcomed. We are currently looking for map makers, and feature writers, if you wish to join the International team, please message harbinger297, or parge73, all help would be much appreciated.

Please direct any questions to harbinger297 or parge73. If you have a story or information you think should be included in the next issue, please contact us.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't forget, they don't have the chance to farm to increase their resources to increase their troop production. :lol:

And, tbh, I actually welcome the break. Even a regular job gives you at least a week of vacation each year.

DeletedUser

its xmas ffs - i aint so much of a geek that TW comes b4 my family at this time of year

-M A R I O-

The reason they have these breaks is beccause a while back on one of the older worlds, i forget which one, but one tribe suprise attacked another with over 1000 incomings to each player in their enemies tribe with all attacks hitting on christmas day.

DeletedUser

I welcome the break, and will go on a little spree before it, if all goes to plan.

DeletedUser

The reason they have these breaks is beccause a while back on one of the older worlds, i forget which one, but one tribe suprise attacked another with over 1000 incomings to each player in their enemies tribe with all attacks hitting on christmas day.

I believe that was USA fighting BRITS and the BRITS allies GERMAN... but I could be wrong

DeletedUser

The break has its pros and cons. Noone wants to have to deal with incomings on Christmas day.

DeletedUser

The break has its pros and cons. Noone wants to have to deal with incomings on Christmas day.

true no one wants to deal with attacks on x-mas but, the sad part about it that you cant farm with barbs..

anyways the mods said that its technical limitations there's nothing they can do about it ^.^

DeletedUser25865

heh, i hope those that know me will visit me on these break days though :p

-M A R I O-

You sure? I feel like it was a little earlier? GeorgeWashington led USA to a great win, it went down in history in fact.

Dude seriously grow up i mean is it that hard to actually act like your smart instead of being a smart ass. It is people like you who degrade these forums. You kind of guys need to learn to shut your mouth sometimes and stop being such smart asses when an actual discussion is going on. Now there is a section for idiots like you its called the general section :icon_eek: so i think you should go there and stay there instead of poking your head in here and just being a nuisance.

EDIT: I mean USA is great in all but please learn to post either on topic or to not post at all. :)

-M A R I O-

Last edited:

DeletedUser60218

To me that sounds like a great plan, ya it wasnt the nicest thing to do. But you have to give them credit for the time and coordination they put into it.

DeletedUser

Dude seriously grow up i mean is it that hard to actually act like your smart instead of being a smart ass. It is people like you who degrade these forums. You kind of guys need to learn to shut your mouth sometimes and stop being such smart asses when an actual discussion is going on. Now there is a section for idiots like you its called the general section :icon_eek: so i think you should go there and stay there instead of poking your head in here and just being a nuisance.

EDIT: I mean USA is great in all but please learn to post either or topic or to not post at all. :)

-M A R I O-

Wow you got burned :lol::lol::lol:

But you completely deserved it :icon_twisted: